Forum Settings
Forums

New Dragon Ball and One Piece Anime Available Online [Updated on Nov 25]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Apr 20, 2008 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
According to the Weekly Shounen Jump vol.21 2008, Shueisya has started the production of new animation of Dragon Ball and One Piece. It is one of the special projects to cerebrate the 40th anniversary of Jump magazine. They will tour 10 major cities of Japan this fall and those new animation will be put on view there.

Source
scan of notice on the magazine

Edited on Nov 25th===========
The new animations of "One Piece", "Dragon Ball", and "Tegamibachi" shown at the Jump Super Anime Tour are now available online. Go to the official website and download the special video viewer.

Modified by dtshyk, Nov 25, 2008 8:26 AM
 
#2
Apr 20, 2008 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 226
This is the third sign of the apocalypse. A new Dragon Ball anime. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball but where are they going to go with it?

 
#3
Apr 20, 2008 7:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 786
This is just beyond amazing. I'm hoping it's a decent alternate story with most of the characters and not something like that Path to Power 10th anniversary special.
 
#4
Apr 20, 2008 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1212
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.



Sam is my sweet peach
 
#5
Apr 20, 2008 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 947
OH MY wow its like a dream come true but dident the story end are they gonna work on Dragon ball gonna continue from were pans grandson and trunk's were in a tournament? it might be interesting i guess
Modified by Corpse69, Apr 20, 2008 7:57 PM

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
 
#6
Apr 20, 2008 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2650
Reks said:
OH MY wow its like a dream come true but dident the story end are they gonna work on Dragon ball gonna continue from were pans grandson and trunk's were in a tournament? it might be interesting i guess


ya that would be interesting. I really hope it's not about Goku or any of the past characters. We've learned and seen enough of them.
 
#7
Apr 20, 2008 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2410
OMG!!!!! more dragon ball wuuuuuuuuu ^^

 
#8
Apr 20, 2008 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3726
kazerfozl said:
This is the third sign of the apocalypse. A new Dragon Ball anime. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball but where are they going to go with it?


Same here...
At least we are not getting more Americans to do it, so we will not get the failure of DB-GT
 
#9
Apr 20, 2008 8:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 730
holy &$@*($&(Q#
 
Apr 20, 2008 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 244
More scouters saying power levels over nine-thousand? Oh noes!

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
 
Apr 20, 2008 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4558
TheWestExit said:
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.


That would make sense.
 
Apr 20, 2008 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 829
It's the end of the world! EVERYONE GET YOUR ANIME, MANGA, DOJIN, HENTAI, AND FANFICTION AND RUN FOR THE HILLS!
 
Apr 20, 2008 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 226
Friendlysoul said:
kazerfozl said:
This is the third sign of the apocalypse. A new Dragon Ball anime. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball but where are they going to go with it?


Same here...
At least we are not getting more Americans to do it, so we will not get the failure of DB-GT


DB-GT Don't Remind me(Shiver). I just repressed those memories.

 
Apr 20, 2008 9:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 656
The plot for the new db anime.

Misc character A fights Ultra tough bad ass
Misc character B fights Ultra tough bad ass after A loses
Goku comes and powers up
Ultra tough bad ass powers up
Goku powers up some more and win.
End anime
 
Apr 20, 2008 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2079
Me and my brother were talking about anime coming back and I piped off about DBZ and he said Toriyama had put it to rest. HAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT:Post 500 for the resurrection of the ultimate anime series.
My anime list
 
Apr 20, 2008 9:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 810
The cow. Milk it.
 
Apr 20, 2008 10:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Isn't the One Piece anime still running in Japan? Why would they make a new one then? Anyways, my dream of a new Dragonball anime has finally come true. I'm lookin' forward to the updated look. =3
 
Apr 20, 2008 10:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 786
Redlinks said:
Isn't the One Piece anime still running in Japan? Why would they make a new one then? Anyways, my dream of a new Dragonball anime has finally come true. I'm lookin' forward to the updated look. =3


This is just going to be a special "movie" type thing. There isn't going to be some new 200 episode Dragonball series, people.
 
Apr 20, 2008 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 947
DeathfireD said:
ya that would be interesting. I really hope it's not about Goku or any of the past characters. We've learned and seen enough of them.


yer i hope its about these 2 chars they showed at the end of GT and had the story on them XD yet the story would be circular lol gohan will be known as granpa gohan!!

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
 
Apr 20, 2008 10:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 318
WOOT more Dragonball, DBZ is probably the greatest anime of all time I can't wait for this! :D
 
Apr 20, 2008 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 730
death919 said:
WOOT more Dragonball, DBZ is probably the greatest anime of all time I can't wait for this! :D

thats a lil exaggerative >_>
 
Apr 20, 2008 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 314
death919 said:
WOOT more Dragonball, DBZ is probably the greatest anime of all time I can't wait for this! :D

How about no?

and again it's a movie and I hope they will add the "shadowy" characters on that page as one of them looks like Gin
 
Apr 20, 2008 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2690
Looking forward to it ~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 21, 2008 12:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5976
kazerfozl said:
Friendlysoul said:
kazerfozl said:
This is the third sign of the apocalypse. A new Dragon Ball anime. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball but where are they going to go with it?


Same here...
At least we are not getting more Americans to do it, so we will not get the failure of DB-GT


DB-GT Don't Remind me(Shiver). I just repressed those memories.


american writers epically failed on that one =\
*sigh.this will arise it from the ashes ! (?) i hope =|
 
Apr 21, 2008 12:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 755
crowslayer91 said:
kazerfozl said:
Friendlysoul said:
kazerfozl said:
This is the third sign of the apocalypse. A new Dragon Ball anime. Don't get me wrong I love Dragon Ball but where are they going to go with it?


Same here...
At least we are not getting more Americans to do it, so we will not get the failure of DB-GT


DB-GT Don't Remind me(Shiver). I just repressed those memories.


american writers epically failed on that one =
*sigh.this will arise it from the ashes ! (?) i hope =|


Well it was expected well atleast to me
 
Apr 21, 2008 3:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 757
vindemon64 said:
TheWestExit said:
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.


That would make sense.


*nod*

Perhaps Cross Epoch 2...they not gonna make it short like Cross Epoch
 
Apr 21, 2008 3:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
Dragon ball and pokemon were the first anime i ever watched, dubbed in english of course. It'd be interesting to see a new dragon ball movie.
 
Apr 21, 2008 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1665
vindemon64 said:
TheWestExit said:
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.


That would make sense.
Indeed. Let's see what they make of it.
 
Apr 21, 2008 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 247
dragon ball. Yeah!
 
Apr 21, 2008 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2545
Hmm...sounds cool
 
Apr 21, 2008 6:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1674
Holly crap. Is Goku revived AGAIN!?
wuuut? xD


 
Apr 21, 2008 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 319
<.< I'm scared... very scared....

lol... And kind of sad that these get remade when there's so many better anime that were never even finished out thereTT_____TT
 
Apr 21, 2008 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 25
Dragonball could be interesting, i'm kinda scared they will mess up the reputation the series have/had though.
 
Apr 21, 2008 8:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
OMG Dragonball has enough episodes as it is!
 
Apr 21, 2008 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 319
Don't mean to Leap frog~
But This doesn't mean they're re-animating the entire series does it???XD
Just maybe some special episodes or something right?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-20/japan-jump-anime-tour-to-show-new-dagon-ball-anime

^ Says "New anime specials" XD
hmmmm~ I wonder if there will be a third one on that list>.>
 
Apr 21, 2008 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 492
I'm thinking it's either Cross Epoch, or they're just re-animating the older episodes with the newer animation technology, cause OP has been around for over 10 years, approx.

Same with DB.
 
Apr 21, 2008 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1348
weird.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
 
Apr 21, 2008 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 753
One of the few sequels I am not excited about. Oh well
 
Apr 21, 2008 10:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
Head explodes
 
Apr 21, 2008 10:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2963
vindemon64 said:
TheWestExit said:
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.


That would make sense.


Indeed. well, I'm excited about the premise of this.
 
Apr 21, 2008 11:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1335
PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH PLEASE BE CROSS EPOCH

*praying position
 
Apr 21, 2008 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Wow.

Why?
 
Apr 21, 2008 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1369
omg no moar pleaze...
 
Apr 21, 2008 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1340
Wow, this is great!!

I still don't get it. Is this NEW animation is a series or what? A movie or just an OVA?!

If this is a series, then really! WOW!!!!!!
 
Apr 21, 2008 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1413
death919 said:
DBZ is probably the greatest anime of all time [...]


*facepalm*

Though it's pretty interesting. DB manga ended some time ago (pretty far in the past, tbh) So what's it going to be about?

GOKU'S APPRENTICE, NEKO 'SSJ5' MAJIN I SAY!

---
after a while: Not interesting. Scary stuff.
 
Apr 21, 2008 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2687
vindemon64 said:
TheWestExit said:
Sounds like they're just animating Cross Epoch.

That would make sense.

Hopefully this is what it's all about.
I'm excited. :D


 
Apr 21, 2008 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43
Nerull said:
The plot for the new db anime.

Misc character A fights Ultra tough bad ass
Misc character B fights Ultra tough bad ass after A loses
Goku comes and powers up
Ultra tough bad ass powers up
Goku powers up some more and win.
End anime


BRILLIANT!!!! *claps hands* XD

In all seriousness, i hope its like that cause thats how i remember it best.
 
Apr 21, 2008 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2242
I'm rather relieved to see it's just a special. First thing that came to my mind was a new DB series... then I had a GT déjà vu... not cool... Although I'm not that excited about specials neither. Crossovers are kinda appealing though.
 
Apr 21, 2008 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 256
I see Ichigo and Gintoki silhouettes, I wonder if they will throw more than just DBZ and OP into the animation, that would be sick.

 
Apr 21, 2008 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Dragon Ball... hehe I can't wait to see that disaster!
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »