Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Air Gear
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2008 1:37 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, such a good serie, is so sad that it ends here and they didnt make a second season continuing the manga. 9/10 for me

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

May 1, 2008 3:08 PM
Nov 2007
yea it was a good series, i wished they made it longer. i havent read the manga, is the manga longer and shows more? but i rather watch the moves and stuff
May 1, 2008 5:21 PM

Dec 2007
well, this anime covers up to chapter 50 i think on the manga, and the manga is going up to 202 chapters right and still going. the manga is alot better than the anime that is for sure

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 13, 2008 5:48 AM
Jun 2008
felo said:
well, this anime covers up to chapter 50 i think on the manga, and the manga is going up to 202 chapters right and still going. the manga is alot better than the anime that is for sure

Not quite. The anime goes to about Chapter 80 or so. I rekon the manga is much better because you get the full story, but the moves are often cooler in the anime. However the anime occasionally skips over piece of info that the manga explains. I'm sure everyone would agree with me there. In short, the manga is definetly worth reading if u liked the anime.
Jun 18, 2008 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
I read the manga instead of the animation. I checked out some episodes on
Youtube which in conclusion, think I'd prefer the Manga.

Tricks pulled off is better in the manga because of peoples imagination or
the way they interpret the move set is generally better then how it is animated.
Power to imagination!
Jun 18, 2008 5:34 PM

Mar 2007
Argh what an anime-ish ending. "lets bring everyone together from all the episodes and cheer him on" ...then they go in dispair ...then they become jubilant ...then a prologue ...then the episode ends

shame all 24 episodes were pure fun, this episode feels like they needed to end it early because the production company ran out of money. :(

This shit better get picked up soon.

Episode 2/5
Anime 8/5

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 29, 2008 10:29 PM

Feb 2008
Fantastic Show!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 7, 2008 5:49 PM

Apr 2008
Ranivus said:
Argh what an anime-ish ending. "lets bring everyone together from all the episodes and cheer him on" ...then they go in dispair ...then they become jubilant ...then a prologue ...then the episode ends

shame all 24 episodes were pure fun, this episode feels like they needed to end it early because the production company ran out of money. :(

Episode 2/5
Anime 8/5

You picked the words out of my mouth ... even the rating
Jul 18, 2008 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
mangas are good at stories, and continuations, but anime is the best at feeling the flow of the series
Aug 29, 2008 11:31 AM

Dec 2007
Wasted_Life said:

Episode 2/5
Anime 8/5

well, you are damn right about it.
Oct 5, 2008 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
Rangor said:
Wasted_Life said:

Episode 2/5
Anime 8/5

well, you are damn right about it.

i have to agree... :)
i want to see more of it!
Nov 7, 2008 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
My only reaction for this episode is like what Agito always say:

"FUCK!" >=(
May 10, 2009 9:28 AM

Oct 2008
5 words for this anime:
THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!
But why did it have to end,it better get picked up soon.
10/10
Jun 10, 2009 7:35 AM

Jun 2008
Well, that sux. I don't even get to see Obama appear =/
In Oda we Trust

Sep 3, 2009 6:45 PM

Aug 2007
whitewater_81 said:
My only reaction for this episode is like what Agito always say:

"FUCK!" >=(

"FUCK" indeed.

And I concur with what everything Ranivus had to say. Especially about how it feels like they ended this early.

6/10 Because it was just awesome fun.
WinterNightsFallSep 3, 2009 11:20 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 18, 2009 12:20 PM
Mar 2009
I like the anime as a whole, but this episode was pretty bad. Oh well, time to switch to the manga.

I'm gonna miss Agito say "Fuck!"
Oct 22, 2009 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
argh. the best episode in the series. by far. open ended, but that's because the manga is still running in japan. I guess Ikki isn't going to be a part of Genesis?
-Jenn
Nov 11, 2009 7:04 PM
Oct 2009
it had pontental but almost nothing else
Nov 29, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
yolomojo said:
it had pontental but almost nothing else

wth you talking about, read the manga man!
Mar 23, 2010 9:52 AM
Jun 2009
Wait, did he do the jump with the 30kg vest still on?
Apr 11, 2010 9:47 PM

Oct 2009
Zealot said:
Of course, he never took it off. He could have probably jumped twice as fair lol...
Jun 8, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2010
Graygoose124 said:
Zealot said:
Of course, he never took it off. He could have probably jumped twice as fair lol...

That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard it was a distance jumping event. "He is gonna take off the 30kg vest and jump 50 meters... " Nope.

Heading for the manga now because I can't just let it end there, that's just sad ^ ^

9/10 series
5/10 episode
Jun 16, 2010 4:55 AM

Dec 2009
uhm a question are season 2 comming or not?
because at the manga they continue
Jun 21, 2010 1:13 AM
Mar 2010
felo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, such a good serie, is so sad that it ends here and they didnt make a second season continuing the manga. 9/10 for me

awesome...luv u ikki..
Sep 14, 2010 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
'Fuck.'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2010 2:34 PM

Feb 2010
This is episode was arguably the best:

The flashback about Ikki climbing an antenna was super cool.
Did I just hear some unique music in this episode?
and breaking the fourth wall with the announcer was amusing.
The animation was done great,
AND, that yoshitsune guy is just awesome. :D

Just as expected from the last episode. :)

Ranivus said:
Anime 8/5
you mean 8/10 right? and everybody agreed with that too, it shows your minds were distracted because of the awesomeness of the anime. :P
Mar 14, 2011 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
All in all, a really nice show! ^^ ATs are cool! Want those! XD However, this episode is frustratingly a cliffhanger! There's a "I-want-more feeling" in the end... I'll still give it a 9 though there are times the animation seemed off.. I was highly entertained! Fell in love with Spitfire, Kazu, and Udou-san! XD *kyaaahh* Hope they develop more as a character especially Kazu... he should look cooler more so than Ikki.. >.<

Off to read the manga in the near future! The anime is still fresh in my mind and I'm the type who reads the manga at the very first chapter.. so it's on my plan to read list.. Tralalala! XD Watching Air Gear is fun!
Jun 1, 2011 2:35 PM
Nov 2010
Hehe, it sure is nice to see Air Gear action animated, well, I'll be back to the manga again now...
Hopefully, this will be continued some day...:)
Jun 11, 2011 6:32 PM
Dec 2010
This was AMAZING. Great anime, hilarious yet full of action. Last episode kicked butt, they wrapped it up quite nicely, but what happened with his parents? Did I miss an explanation somewhere? I loled at the part where agito was told about his clothes.

But more importantly...

I knew simca was going to regret cutting her hair. Lol jk haha. AMAZING ANIME.
Jul 14, 2011 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't really feel the ending wrapped things up. OK, he made the jump. But, what of Genesis? What about becoming Sky King? Eh... to me, it didn't feel like a proper ending. Even one of the typical anime picture board things during the ending credits would have been better than just stopping, imo.

Well, great series and I'm hoping for a season 2.

and @Blackllam79, Yeah, the scene when she cut her hair was so random haha.
Sep 1, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
Thankfully I watched the ending knowing full well that I was going to read the manga right after I was done. Thank god too because it just ended with nothing resolved. I'd have been pissed if I didn't plan to read the manga.

Overall though this anime is freaking amazing and I'll probably be re-watching it a lot. I loved the characters and the music was godlike. I'm gonna need to find the soundtrack for this anime.
Sep 20, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
It was a "Meh" ending to be honest....

The series was pretty good although they did a crappy job at the beginning at properly explaining this AT thing...

Honestly, Air Gear makes very little sense, it's unbelievably exaggerated and the Main Character is like every other Shounen MC that never loses no matter what.

The manga is much better and the art is unbelievably awesome....

Some key points:

• Simca is by far the hottest girl in this series...but why did she cut her hair???, it looks much better being long.
  • Ikki was an OK protagonist...
  • It's pretty ridiculous that Ikki is only 13 or 14 years old...
  • Although I think Simca is better looking, Ringo is the way to go, she's honest and a great character.

Overall, it was a fun series, I didn't like the fact that it wasn't properly explained, and it became very cliche at the end....but still, an interesting and exciting shounen anime with great characters.

7/10
  • Oct 12, 2011 5:29 PM

Jul 2010
    Im so sick of the post messing up.

6/10, it had potential but this anime had a lot of loose ends, useless information, and a bad ending.

And at the guy who said to read the manga, this is the anime discussion, not the manga. You're point is useless and invalid.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Nov 22, 2011 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
    that was such an abrupt ending, like he made the jump, and just when i was expecting som noise-BAM....silence....
    well time for the OVA

Apr 1, 2012 7:48 AM

Jun 2011
    What the hell was that?!

Honestly, even if the studio ran out of money, it's no excuse for putting out an ending this lame. Sure I got the "let's all cheer the hero of the anime" mood, but after he made the jump, I expected at least some form of closure. This is like a bitch-slap to the face for the viewer.

I did like the anime overall, so I might pick up the manga. Too bad I don't like reading as much as I did a couple of years ago.
    May 5, 2012 10:49 PM
    Apr 2012
    He never took off the vest... wtf kinda messed up ending was that? He was injured, and wearing the weight vest and he still made a new record... now imagine if he wasnt wearing the vest, and wasnt injured? woulda made it twice as far.

Wooooo for this contradiction of a episode, and horrible ending...

other then that the anime itself was a straight 10/10
    Jun 15, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2012
    This was the stupidest anime ending ever. It could've ended with a much better ending.
    Jun 20, 2012 1:09 AM

Jun 2012
    Hmm...Wasn't really satisfied with the ending. In addition, there are several parts of the anime that I'm still confused about.
    Aug 2, 2012 4:10 PM

Feb 2012
    Bagram said:
    I rekon the manga is much better because you get the full story, but the moves are often cooler in the anime.
    \Actually, the manga is way more dynamic to me compared to the Anime. The action was a huge step down from what i felt reading the manga. Definitely not as dynamic and awesome as it was intended.
    Oct 11, 2012 5:28 AM
    Dec 2011
    "Fakku"
    Dec 10, 2012 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
    Well I'm curious enough to read the manga now, so that's something. Wish they would animate the rest of the series though.

6/10 final score.
    Mar 9, 2013 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
    I think the idea of ATs and battles around the ATs is really nice and has a high potential, but I don't think the anime lived up to it. With a better execution and a less stupid Ikki (I know most shonen mains are dense, but he exceeded even that. I was too often too stupid at the wrong times) the anime could have become a must-watch, but now it is just an above average anime.

Well, I'll probably start to read the manga because I like the idea behind Air Gear.
    Jun 8, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2012
    Well that sure was a good ending and a good serie in general! I actually quite liked the whole setting, while I wasn't fund of it in the beginning but well in the end I'm quite happy with the story buildup and character development!

The whole build up towards the end was pretty well made, the slight fan service of the characters combined with the slight love development sure was nice!

And for the first time after watching +750 anime, I prefered the English Dub above the Japanese voice cast!

Well I sure liked it so far and lets now go to the ova's!

7/10
    Jul 22, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2012
    I really liked how the Anime ended. although it felt a little incomplete.
    ~Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve
    Aug 7, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
    Welp looks like its time to read the manga. Definitely grew to like this more as it went on 8/10
    Oct 13, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2013
    I loved this anime thoroughly, but it really sucks going into the anime first, realizing the story isn't all there, and having to go read the manga. This tends to happen quite a lot to most of the animes I watch, but this one in particular has a LOT of unanswered stuff that i'd like to know, but I guess i'll have to go read it to figure it out.

I will say though, great series!
    Oct 19, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2010
    Can someone please tell me why the hell did this series end. Why is the world so cruel.
    Nov 3, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2011
    Series Review:

Okay, so I grabbed this and started watching it after I finished reading the manga.

The manga was something I enjoyed when I started but lost my way with it around chapter 200. Still, after a hiatus I cracked on and finished it. But by the ending it just didn't feel like the fun early chapters so I thought I'd watch the series to try and recapture the sense of growth that was there.

And the first half of the series does capture that. It does well with the source material but I just feel that the story begins to go downhill and become a clusterfuck after the match with Behemoth.

Fond memories early on but it became a slog at the same point the manga did.
    Dec 26, 2013 8:19 PM

Jan 2008
    Wow I cant say it was an amazing anime ending it isnt like Pilot Candidate or Tenjho Tenge ending but getting close it does need more so I am hoping the OVA clears it all up bc the OVA for Tenjho Tenge just pissed me off more to have finished it n never really felt like i finished it if u know what i mean(only those that have watched the anime would know I am talking about(tenjho Tenge Anime is what I am talking about for the anime)
    Feb 20, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2008
    Rewatched it today. They should do a season 2. I really like the background music!
    Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Air Gear filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Mar 10

3 by Oishi_Samurai »»
    Mar 11, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 10 Discussion

ChronosXIII - Oct 15, 2009

17 by Dragosama »»
    Feb 29, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 22 Discussion

yolomojo - Nov 4, 2009

13 by ELuck42 »»
    Nov 26, 2023 9:24 PM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 18 Discussion

ChronosXIII - Oct 17, 2009

10 by ELuck42 »»
    Nov 22, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Air Gear Episode 17 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Oct 3, 2010

10 by ELuck42 »»
    Nov 21, 2023 9:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.