Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
interesting... I had a feeling that it'd turn out to be Akashi, but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
Seems like this little side story has wrapped itself up. I wonder what they'll have for us next episode.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
Hahaha good old Ozu!

Curious where this show is going to go from here.
Apr 2, 2015 5:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
YOU are the Mochiguman she lost, Watashi. God damn it, you so dense! <.<
And this feels like a big stepback for Watashi who only sees Ozu bringing him down instead of seeing Akashi literally.
Apr 2, 2015 10:37 AM

May 2012
another good episode, its good to see more things coming together now
May 4, 2015 4:07 AM
Nov 2014
The whole episode was brilliant and the pace was PERFECT. That reveal when it was Ozu who is Keiko-san was brilliantly done.

9/10
May 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Ozu is such a troll xD.

Much better than last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2015 5:08 AM
May 2012
Damn it, just go for Akashi!! It's the fucking opportunity!!
Jun 18, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2012
I'm frustrated with watashi
still I'm interested to see how it goes from here

the fortune teller is such a smart character
capitalising on watashi's idiocy
Jul 2, 2015 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
Such a good show
I like the symbolism of him rejecting everyone else by eating the whole cake by himself
I've also like the cowboy as a symbol of his sexuality so far as well.
Aug 15, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
The guy wants love but pushes it away every time....
Aug 28, 2015 3:36 PM
Oct 2013
I can't help but wish this episode spent a little less time reiterating... The ending was nice, but I feel they could have built up to it in a less repetitive manner.
Sep 29, 2015 9:21 PM

Nov 2012
God damn it Ozu. You sly bastard.
Nov 17, 2015 5:34 PM

Sep 2015
"I hope she didn't recognize me.", while being dressed as a giant Mochigumon.
Best line, had me in tears.

And: Oh wonderful Akashi-san.. how can Watashi be so blind? Though it fits him.. And me.
Makes me wonder what great people I miss out on by being caught up in my own fantasy far too often.
Jan 16, 2016 12:53 AM

Aug 2014
Yay, Akashi is back being the heroine.
sup
Jan 16, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
The show is getting better and better, this was an excellent episode, they really put lots of thougts into making this. Everything about this show is splendid, almost flawless.
Aug 18, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
I had a feeling it might be Ozu....damn he is just a curse that can't be broken.
Feb 4, 2017 4:07 AM

Oct 2012
Figure so, it's Ozu since he's the one that giving the book
Everything is Ozu's fault, since 1st episode

At least he's not writing with Ozu
Akashi-san is love, Akashi-san is life xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 9, 2017 9:04 PM
Oct 2016
Looks like I was half right on who keiko was. Don't know why ozu didn't occur to me as a possibility
Dec 10, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
SomaHeir said:
amaazing stuff :D

and lol the prices gets a surcharge XD

if he were to choose Akashi, it might even go to 20K XD

and wow the lies he expanded were kinda BS tbh :P

so the book is "Yoru wa mijikashi arukeyo otome"

http://myanimelist.net/manga/29591/Yoru_wa_mijikashi_Arukeyo_Otome

There is 2017's anime as well: https://myanimelist.net/anime/34537/Yoru_wa_Mijikashi_Arukeyo_Otome

May 11, 2018 12:55 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finally on the right track... it is taking the MC too long though, to realize Akashi-san = BESY GIRL.
Been saying that since the start, dumbass, his Johnny even made him lose focus with these other "3 girls" these last episodes, like the scam old hag been saying all long, you just need to reach out towards the opportunity, it is right there man up and stop making excuses.
Also the toy Akashi wants is on his chandelier wire. lol
Aug 8, 2018 3:14 AM

May 2016
Right from the start, I wasn't expecting him to find the girl of his dreams shrouded behind a pen and paper because of Hanuki's playful remarks about sending Ozu letters in the café and Keiko's last name being Higuchi as a nod to a certain master of theirs. It was fun tagging along for the ride, that's for sure. It reminds me of those happy times I had until I found out I was catfished online lmao

While Ozu being the one behind the letters was expected, Akashi being the one who carried out the plan was a very nice surprise. The opportunity he was striving for so long is dangling right before his eyes more obvious than ever but the Castella scene that followed right after filled me with despair knowing that he subjected himself to starting those two years all over again because of his pride...

I can say that the Game of Love Arc was a very fun ride for me.

Aug 28, 2019 2:44 PM

Aug 2017
I expecting that Keiko was just a character made by Ozu or Akashi but not Ozu + Akashi lmao.

The conclusion to this arc was very satisfying if u ask me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2018
A different route right now, instead of running away with Kaori he decided to go to Keiko which is unexpectedly was Ozu and Akashi at all. Starting from episode 6 everything makes sense now, and this is still one of the lonely episode. Another wrong route he takes, he wasted two years just for a prank. Maybe we can get some revenge in the next episode.

Nov 9, 2019 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
The more I see Ozu always knowing what Watashi is going/doing, the more I realize that Ozu must definitely be yet another delusion Watashi has. A culmination of all negative aspect Watashi hates perhaps? Just as Keiko was the ideal woman that's merely a character, Ozu may too be something like Keiko is, except that Ozu is the absolute devil that ruin Watashi's life. Still not sure, Ozu's impact is far greater than him being imaginary... Welp, I digress...

Now, of course, I was expecting Ozu to be the one that has been impersonating as Keiko this whole time, but it turns out to be better than expected! Akashi was Keiko all along! Sure it was Ozu's request at first, but IT WAS AKASHI ALL ALONG!!! However yet again... Watashi let this chance go, even though a date is innocent enough, he can't take the leap : (

I like that past events from a different timeline are always intertwined, despite Watashi not doing such events in this timeline such as documenting Jougasaki's life with Kaori, that was supposed to be what Watashi did, but it seems that the prank rival (Master) is doing it this time.

Feb 27, 2020 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
The last 3 episodes the series got so good!
Mar 22, 2020 5:20 PM
Feb 2018
Finally we know what Watashi is studying and it's agriculture. Did not expect that. Ozu's parents are rich and give him money. Loool it was Akashi who was writing the letters.
May 3, 2020 4:51 PM

Jan 2014
Things are coming together! The timelines are merging (so satisfying seeing the pieces fit together) I suspect shit will go down in the next episode 👀
May 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2016
This ep was kind of sad for me, not because of the "fake" Keiko, but because of Watashi always overthinking and doubting so much about himself. I can't believe how much I relate to Watashi.
Luckily he can just start over as many times as he need.
rubedesuMay 24, 2020 11:11 AM
May 30, 2020 3:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Three girls arc ended with a surprising matter and i smirk when knowing the end. The feeling with Akashi personal insecurity really perfect with all of the transition in the show. He just need to focus with the chance in front of his eyes. No matter what his dreamy black haired girl inside his dirty mind, the truth girl just appeared so close than he think. Akashi is the real chance, thats why time always repeating the moment when Akashi be there. But, as denses guy like Watashi never knew the whole situations. And all the cycle help him find the truth.

Amazing story and plot. Nice catching play with such an aesthetic way to reach the climax of the show. 3 episodes to solve every matter happen to Watashi. You do or never do at all. The time has repeat itself again. Time to decide, you fool Watashi!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 31, 2021 3:47 PM

Jan 2016
This MC is annoying but relatable. 8/10
May 28, 2021 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
I like how little by little the story has been progressing. Every choice he makes results in the same thing, there is a set storyline that is ongoing throughout every episode, yet his actions vary ever so slightly changing specifics of it. Looking forward to seeing how it concludes.
Aug 10, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2018
Oof now that must hurt. Watashi should just carry it further and go out with Ozu-kun as revenge lmao
Oct 17, 2021 7:14 AM

Sep 2017
Very interesting how all the timelines are coming together. It's as if everyone's life plays out more or less the same regardless of the timeline - except for Watashi of course. What is particularly interesting about this episode is we see where he found that 5th mascot character that Akashi is missing. But it seems that he would only come across it if he was partaking in that hero club. Of course he could easily have ended up in that same place at that same time in each other timeline for whatever reason, or he could have come about it in a completely different way, but it is interesting to think about.
Nov 2, 2021 9:34 AM
Aug 2021
I was expecting the pen pal to be Ozu but it turns out that it's both Ozu and Akashi. Watashi really needs to stop fantasizing about a getting a "raven-haired girl" and take the opportunity that is right in front of him.
Mar 16, 2022 3:26 PM

Aug 2012
It being Ozu wasn't a surprise, and when he gave Watashi the book with the address it was very obvious that it was Ozu but I like how the series played with the idea of it being Akashi, and the eventual reveal that it was actually both was great. The end of the episode with a more Ozu-centric time reversal has got me really excited for the next episode, Ozu's my favourite character so I'm looking forward to this direction.

One thing I appreciated about this episode was the changes to the repetition. The fortune teller popping up twice to add an extra 2,000 yen was an amusing way to give that gag some new legs, and I loved the suave Watashi at the beginning explaining his situation rather than just the bathroom scenes. What's especially great is that it wasn't just for the sake of being different, it matched the persona he created for himself in the letters, and both the suave Watashi and the game-board girls became a visual through-line throughout the episode, it was great.

The connections to all the previous episodes were cool too, the film exposé and the Proxy-Proxy War especially took me off guard a bit. But other stuff like learning Akashi's affection for mochiguman was at least heightened by Watashi saving her, if not fully formed by it (not sure why she'd be there in the first place if she didn't like them to some extent prior though).

*Edit*

Almost forgot, one of the coolest moments is the book Ozu gives to Watashi, "Night is Short, Walk on Girl" or "Night is Brief, Go Forth Maidens" as the subs translated it too, by Morimi Tomihiko. It's a work by the same author as The Tatami Galaxy, and it is adapted by Yuasa into a feature film years after this anime ended. I can't help but wonder if there was always this plan/hope to adapt it while working on this, but regardless it was quite a cool thing to spot.
TerrestriousMar 16, 2022 3:31 PM
May 9, 2022 10:22 AM

Oct 2020
Amazing episode. I had already guessed that Keiko was Ozu and I guess I was half right. Hopefully the last three episodes will only be about Akashi and not some random things.
I was surprised when that old lady charged him 6000 yen but then she asked 2000 more XD

5/5 episode.

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
May 17, 2022 7:19 AM

Feb 2021
They promoted the "Night is young, you go girl" movie lol

Bro was bragging so hard in those letters.

Damn Keiko-san turned out to be Akashi-san.

Senpai still was very shocked to find out how he got catfished by Ozu. I feel bad for him.

Nov 25, 2022 4:38 AM

Oct 2021
MC sure knows how to cockblock himself huh.....
Dec 15, 2022 6:12 PM
Jan 2016
Shortly into the episode I knew something would go horribly wrong. Keiko is really a man! Keiko is really an old lady! Keiko doesn't actually exist! Then after thinking about it for a moment more, the answer seemed obvious. Ozu is Keiko! And that's the way it turned out, although I didn't expect Akashi's involvement.

Alas, our protagonist who greatly desires a "raven haired maiden" continues to completely ignore the cute one right in front of him and with whom he was actually exchanging letters with a lot of the time.
Mar 5, 2023 3:32 PM
Apr 2021
I HATE OZU watashis love life is being toyed with so muchhhhh
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 AM
Apr 2022
Fuck Akashi, manipulating my guy for two years. Watashi’s got to have more respect for himself and stop getting pushed around
Sep 9, 2023 11:58 AM

Aug 2022
Of course it was Ozu...
Apr 12, 1:27 PM
Dec 2023
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 3, 2010

98 by haydnwright »»
Apr 21, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2010

151 by MalcomHater »»
Mar 23, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

born2badored - May 13, 2010

91 by haydnwright »»
Feb 1, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2010

133 by DgenxZ »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.