Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2010 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah it was Ozu. (but not completely)

-Loved 6000 yen+2000 yen surcharge.

-"Looks like Ozu-kun gets a lot of money from his parents"
"Can he piss me off any more?" :D
Jun 10, 2010 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
I like the protagonist and Akashi as they are to an extent, and the retakes have amusing quirks, but the lack of attention to Ozu's character is really getting to me. There are a bunch of hints dropped about his background, but the most interesting thing he's done in the whole show was back at the end of the first episode, and all he's done since then is smirk and jab at the protagonist while discreetly plotting. I want some straightforward development on the guy, dammit.
Maybe I wouldn't be distracted by him so much if there were a chance at anyone else being fleshed out significantly, but that was accomplished in short spurts that left much of the screentime that's been used as useless. The jaded humor can only sustain this series to a point.
Jun 10, 2010 4:36 PM
May 2010
very good, i like the new starting point. this show is so good i would watch it raw!!

the most successful fail
Jun 10, 2010 5:53 PM

Nov 2007
He likes 3 women that are not related to Akashi. Recently the eps. are related even though they turned the time back?

tsubasaloverJun 10, 2010 6:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 10, 2010 8:21 PM
Dec 2009
senerikfred said:
I like the protagonist and Akashi as they are to an extent, and the retakes have amusing quirks, but the lack of attention to Ozu's character is really getting to me. There are a bunch of hints dropped about his background, but the most interesting thing he's done in the whole show was back at the end of the first episode, and all he's done since then is smirk and jab at the protagonist while discreetly plotting. I want some straightforward development on the guy, dammit.
Maybe I wouldn't be distracted by him so much if there were a chance at anyone else being fleshed out significantly, but that was accomplished in short spurts that left much of the screentime that's been used as useless. The jaded humor can only sustain this series to a point.

Watch the "clock rewind" scene from this episode again, and I think you'll be in for a treat next episode...
Jun 11, 2010 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
So, the protagonist is an agriculture student. Maybe he's just more comfortable with the big-eyed calves back at the farm... <g>
Jun 11, 2010 10:54 PM
May 2010
This episode was nothing short of brilliant. The ending was particularly satisfying, and I know you guys are with me!

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2010/06/tatami-galaxy-yojo-han-shinwa-taikei-08-i-begins-again/

Please read and comment!
Jun 12, 2010 8:54 AM

Nov 2009
The conclusion to this arc was very satisfying; I am a fan of intertwining stories together. I knew she wouldn't be a raven haired maiden but i didn't think it was Ozu at all. However i jumped straight to thinking it was Akashi when i saw her there.

Just glad there was no doll love this episode. ^.^
Jun 12, 2010 2:57 PM

May 2008
I really like this show but it's dragging way too much, this episode was the perfect moment to finish it.
Jun 12, 2010 3:07 PM
Dec 2007
Great way to end this strange arc and a good improvement in the character of Akashi. The main character's getting more and more of a total failure too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 12, 2010 3:09 PM

Nov 2009
I love this show even more now. I didn't expect Ozu is Keiko (well, not exactly), but the scene when Watashi found out... his expressions on his face... the whole moment... is one of the greatest scenes EVER!!! ^^ I freaking love Ozu!
bakuramariksJun 12, 2010 3:25 PM
Jun 12, 2010 10:01 PM
Jun 2008
Why not he just accept it?? ~.~
time reverse again....
Jun 12, 2010 10:07 PM

Nov 2007
:3 Well I guess I was (sort of) right about Keiko. I like that Akashi kept on with the letters, clearly she was trying to make Watashi happy. Now let's hope her feelings for him develop more and he realises how he feels about her.

I agree with above though, I want to know more about Ozu. I imagine that's what the next couple of eps will be about, before we move on to Watashi finally (hopefully!?) hooking up with Akashi. :D
Jun 12, 2010 11:21 PM
May 2010
@MorningGlory

Watashi is both in denial and indecisive. Even his id knows he likes Akashi, but he denies her out of his virtue and indecision. Akashi clearly has something for Watashi, and that has been consistently shown in the previous episodes. I assume that in this final arc we'll be privy into the promise he made to her in the first episodes. We've established that there is a mutual understanding between the two - Watashi only has to move forward and onward to realize it.

@yamakasi

That's what I pointed out in my post, too. One can't help but appreciate what she did for Watashi - I was howling with happiness when I saw the chair and the book and her patient waiting for him. Patience is the quintessence of innocent devotion.

I dislike the fact that he couldn't see it, but that's what the last three episodes are, aren't they?

I have faith they will finally hook up.

@Jacut

To experience the highest highs one must first appreciate the lowest lows. I guess. ;)

@helur

Indeed. :)

Anyway, I've kept my thoughts in the same place - there's little novel with the episode, but what amazing novelty! Akashi and Watashi don't seem so impossible now, right?
Jun 13, 2010 2:27 AM
Jun 2008
@physics223
I thought in this arc he think that he is been manipulated by Ozu,that is why he choose not to accept it.I think he wanted to make his own decision without anyone's help.If i am not mistaken,Ozu only gave him a book....
i hope Ozu will reveal his true id again in the final arc.
Jun 13, 2010 4:05 AM

Sep 2008
Glad there really wasn't the intent to neglect Akashi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2010 7:43 AM
May 2010
Can I enjoin you guys to participate in a commentary with me in my site? [As an aside, however, I think you will be amused with this most recent post of mine: http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2010/06/whats-the-first-handheld-console-with-color-its-not-what-you-think/ - it's something I just obtained, and it's very unique.]

Watashi never intended to leave Akashi behind. He just needs to realize that it's not perfection or a rose-colored life that he has to attain, but simple happiness being with the person you love who loves you as well.
Jun 13, 2010 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
I think next episode he's gonna go back in time again to ask Akashi out.
Jun 13, 2010 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
ZangetsugaTensho said:
I think next episode he's gonna go back in time again to ask Akashi out.

I suspect not: this is Watashi, after all. All Watashi has to do is take Akashi out to the ramen stand (like he has for Ozu, Hanuki and Kaori, all of who have been "love interests"). If Watashi did that, the series would be abruptly over. Rather, I think we'll see something with regards to the clone of Watashi in episode 5. One senses that was going to be the ending, partly due to how Higuchi returned a book, despite him being notorious for never returning books.
Jun 13, 2010 3:21 PM

May 2008
So Keiko really turned out to be Ozu~ not really surprising but the fact that Akashi was in too is a good solution~ at least some development between them~
I've almost forgotten about those mochigumon~~
Jun 14, 2010 1:36 AM

Nov 2009
Looks like the next episode will focus heavily on Ozu, and maybe some more Akashi?

I'm presuming that Watashi is either going to try avoiding Ozu entirely, or try to find out more about him.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Jun 14, 2010 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
tsubasalover said:
He likes 3 women that are not related to Akashi. Recently the eps. are related even though they turned the time back?

I think you're on to something here. It was how I felt after watching this episode. It seems that Watashi is slowly beginning to increase the intermingling of time lines into the following episodes. Each of the previous episodes seem like they are slowly being rewoven into the next episodes with specific time frames in that reality. With that logic, it appears we are being lead toward the incorporation of all his previous time lines into a single reality. What that reality will be is the question. Will it be falling into the pit of despair with Ozu or that he finds his happy Rozen College Life with Akashi? Possibly neither but it seems that's where this series is going. Maybe he won't include all of the past time lines but only the experiences that will lead him towards happiness. Of course it is inevitable that in this processes will continue to be bombarded with thousands of words as we approach the inevitability of our brains exploding while attempting to keep up. I wonder if the last episode will basically be in fastforward. Ozu's purpose seems pretty clear to me. He seems to be there to force Watashi into the reality that Akashi is the answer to his happiness. Ozu and the Matchmaker god seem to be representing the yin and the yang.

@physics: Seriously though, it's becoming annoying having to open another window to continue a discussion in this forum. Please highlight your arguments from your other site here to make it easier to continue discussion. If you really want others to visit your site, leave a hyperlink preferably using bbs code. I'm gonna ignore your further comments if you can't at least do that please.
Jun 14, 2010 4:38 AM
May 2010
@Orion

I'm posting a general commentary on the episode before or a little after I link my post. I'd rather present my arguments filled with pictures to prove a point than to cut and paste a wall of text that not many in their right mind would actually read in full. My posts on the episodes average 1500 words. They're made easier to digest by the pictures that divide my text as well as prove their point. Feel free to ignore me if you like, but I'm stating my general points in my posts already. You can discuss that and ignore my link. I don't really leave just a link altogether and disappear into my site - I frankly have difficulty reading wall-of-texts presented in forums. Your mileage may vary.

At the very least it's been nice talking with you. Have a good day.

I just came up with an observation from the eighth episode:

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2010/06/tatami-galaxy-yojo-han-shinwa-taikei-08-the-novels-importance/

Hope you enjoy the speculation! It's about the importance of the novel that Ozu gave to Watashi. I think there's meaning behind that ...
physics223Jun 14, 2010 9:31 AM
Jun 14, 2010 9:30 PM

Jun 2010
Well because of this arc, now we all 'somewhat' have a better understanding of multiple timelines and events happening to Watashi in this anime. Everything from the previous 5 episodes have been recurred here, Jougasaki leaving Kaori due to his personal life being leaked, a clear reference to ep 2. I know the Castella cake as well appeared much earlier on, as well as Watashi and Ozu conversing while eating. Granted Aakashi has been limited in this arc, but it appears she is the most beneficial to him as far as personalities go. At first what I thought was just different point of views have apparently turned out to be different timelines or dimension, and apparently him being able to 'rewind', he has started merging certain events. At this point im just thinking whats left is to observe Ozu in the upcoming eps, and the final one will probably be one rushed (more than normal) of all these events perfectly synced and combined all ending with him finally either taking Akashi for ramen or giving her back the toy.

Edit: Im not expecting anything sentimental or endearing for afinale, it wouldn't be fitting for anime like this, but then again Watashi just finally seizing his chance with Akashi is more than enough.
Jun 16, 2010 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
@ physics223:

I gave you the link to the bbs code page. Learn it please. You can add pictures to this forum if you really want.

Orion1Jun 16, 2010 3:52 AM
Jun 16, 2010 5:15 AM
Jun 2008
@ physics223:
If i am not mistaken,Ozu only gave him a book....

I can't believe you research the insight view of what I said(maybe you know it long ago) ,
good research on the book LOL
because in every episode I felt that Ozu is very important to Watashi even if its just a book.

@Orion
nice video
MorningGloryJun 16, 2010 5:24 AM
Jun 18, 2010 6:51 AM
May 2010
@MorningGlory

In my spare time I re-watch episodes of Tatami Galaxy. Sick, I know. But it's a deep show. ;)
Jun 18, 2010 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
i actually really enjoyed this episode to bad for the love letters, a lie for a lie

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 21, 2010 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
Ozu is a timelord.... That is all!
Jun 23, 2010 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
Damn..just a little bit more..Akashi FTW.
Jun 26, 2010 2:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I love that the pen pal ended up being Akashi :D
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 13, 2010 6:47 AM

Oct 2008
senerikfred said:

yeah you're missing the point of ozu's "character" entirely
Nov 14, 2010 12:01 PM

May 2010
I love it when Akashi slaps one of the guys.

Also, please more Akashi x "Watashi" moments
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 23, 2011 4:15 AM

Feb 2010
These plenty of hilarious moment in this episode ;)
Oct 12, 2011 9:55 PM

May 2010
Another brilliant episode and as expected it was another circumstance with the girls and this time it's Keiko.

I knew something fishy is going on and just laugh about it. XD

"I'd say that it was strangely slippery, like some youkai. She almost looked like Ozu. She and Ozu were two peas in a pod.
Or rather she was exactly like Ozu. NO, THAT IS OZU!!!" ROFL

And the fortune teller is adding 2000 yen as surety. LMAO

Watashi's the successful biggest failure I've seen. :D
May 24, 2012 4:33 AM

Dec 2011
I thought the fortune teller had lost it when she dropped the price to 6000...
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 23, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
Goddamn Ozu, I felt so bad for Watashi
Aug 7, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2012
Loved the 2000 yen surcharge from the fortune teller.

Also, based on the rewind scene, it looks like we might get to see some more development for Ozu next episode? If that is the case, I will be very interested to see it because I am not so sure that Ozu is as much of a villain as Watashi makes him out to be. He is a prankster, certainly, but I doubt that he has evil intentions for our main character but I guess I'll see soon enough.
Sep 20, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was better than the previous two. The first of the three was a good episode and the story captivated me but in this one we could finally see who was the mastermind (if I had to guess, Ozu would be the only possible answer). This time it was clear that Watashi wants to take revenge on Ozu. I hope the devil gets punched hard lol xD
Jul 6, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2012
Is he in some kind of loop? Well it's getting somewhere though!
Jul 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 2012
This was the closest he's been to Akashi-san. :D
Jul 19, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
amaazing stuff :D

and lol the prices gets a surcharge XD

if he were to choose Akashi, it might even go to 20K XD

and wow the lies he expanded were kinda BS tbh :P

so the book is "Yoru wa mijikashi arukeyo otome"

http://myanimelist.net/manga/29591/Yoru_wa_mijikashi_Arukeyo_Otome

Johnny couldn't wait for it!

and wow so it was Ozu's scheme after all huh?

though i was surprised how Akashi kept continuing with the scheme.

she may be the one? :P

btw i really love Akashi's various expressions in this episode XD

soo cute and funny!

i bet in the last remaining episodes they'll revert back in the first episode where Watashi tried to asked out Akashi, but failed in the last moment.

also near the end when Watashi said

"That's Right, don't misunderstand, I was enamored by Keiko-san who was created by Osu, It was most definitely not by Akashi-san"

it's like they're trying to throw you off :P

you better man the fuck now Watashi!!!

3 episodes left T__T
Sep 16, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
OZUUUUUUUU
AKASHIIIIIII

Damn, this was a good episode. I keep noticing more elements that the show incorporates from past episodes, proof of how meticulously thought out this show is. Reminds me of Community's 'Remedial Chaos Theory', but honestly crazier & better.
Oct 28, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
I certainly thought Ozu was behind it but I never thought Akashi was involved.
Nov 21, 2013 5:16 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY SHIT SHE LOVES MOCHIGUMAN BECAUSE WATASHI SAVED HER THAT ONE TIME. Dunno how I didn't notice that earlier.

Johnny: "I'm tearin' out of here!" poor thing
Nov 30, 2013 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
Akashi is hella adorable.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 2, 2014 4:56 PM
Sep 2013
And again he blame Osu for his lack of confidence and his self defeating attitude. Back for another spin.
Nov 1, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2014
I like Akashi a lot less after that; that's just cruel

I miss Ozu, though. He and Watashi are hilarious together
Nov 18, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
Akashi-san!!!
Jan 6, 2015 1:44 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I actually anticipated that it was Akashi so when it was shown to be Ozu at first it really threw me off. Then it DID turn out to be her. Phew, still on point.

Good episode. I really like what Watashi said at the end of this ep. Bring on that fighting spirit!

And the visuals at the beginning of this episode were beautiful. Riding the waves of a book's pages.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 3, 2010

98 by haydnwright »»
Apr 21, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2010

151 by MalcomHater »»
Mar 23, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

born2badored - May 13, 2010

91 by haydnwright »»
Feb 1, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2010

133 by DgenxZ »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.