Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2008 4:30 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Z will be destroyed? I bet not. I do hate this flashbacks and go forward then flashback again...
Apr 18, 2008 4:43 PM

Jul 2007
It was an okay episode i guess. Some new character got introduced, and wtf you don't destroy a badass car like the Z >_>

Can't wait for more, hopefully the subs will be faster for the folllowing episodes...
Apr 18, 2008 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
This ep thoroughly confused me, lol! I hope the next ep gets subbed quickly so that it can fill me in.
Apr 9, 2009 6:35 PM

May 2007
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was confused!

It took me waaaaay too long to figure out that Koichi wasn't Akio (am I the only person who thinks they look like the same person!?!?!?) and I was so confused by then that I had to rewind half the episode. ;)

Well, I hope the next episode clears things up some...
Aug 8, 2009 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
lowell said:

It took me waaaaay too long to figure out that Koichi wasn't Akio (am I the only person who thinks they look like the same person!?!?!?) and I was so confused by then that I had to rewind half the episode. ;).

They look and sound the same to me. I thought they were the same person. What happend to Akio. BUTN WHRE THE FUCK IS AKIO NOW THEN? I thought it was a big time skip and that that Akio had settled.
Sep 9, 2009 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
lowell said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was confused!

It took me waaaaay too long to figure out that Koichi wasn't Akio (am I the only person who thinks they look like the same person!?!?!?) and I was so confused by then that I had to rewind half the episode. ;)

Well, I hope the next episode clears things up some...

lol same here, I was like WHOA he got a girl preggie.
May 25, 2010 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
Phooey, no more Mamiko Noto? The anime just lost it's sparkle...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 4:40 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
What the hell??? totally new story like... 3 same looking chars o.o
Mar 11, 2011 4:43 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
What the hell??? totally new story like... 3 same looking chars o.o
May 21, 2011 3:49 AM

Feb 2008
it feels like I missed an episode somewhere o.O

I get this feeling that the new guy is gonna die horribly after becoming obsessed with the Z.
Mar 9, 2013 3:23 PM
Apr 2012
It was already obvious the writer doesnt have much inspiration when it comes to drawing characters, but this time he has really done it... First a new character is introduced without proper background explanation, this new characters looks pretty much in every possible way like the main character, and at the same time the main character dissapears into the background.
Surely none of this will confuse the audience, right?.. RIGHT?
May 22, 2013 12:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Let me get this straight the Testa was saved during the race, but the Z was destroyed in the process? Well it looks like Akio will spend more money into repairing that tuning. Second even if it's fixed there is no guarantee that it will run the same. I kind of dislike this episode because there is constant flashbacks and going to the current time. Koichi was driving a scooter and so was Akio. It's so confusing.

Dec 1, 2013 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
$4 million saved...damn. Their past wasn't too happy though with the loss of the baby. But anyways, it's nice for a breather episode for a glimpse of the characters' pasts.
Mar 5, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2011
It's sad that no one give 2 fucks about Eriko's safety, not even the doctor. I am dropping this, everyone's way too obsessed with the Devil's Z.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 29, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2012
Decent episode, I do wonder what will happen next!
Apr 22, 2018 4:06 AM
Jun 2013
Bit of a jarring cut, felt like they just skipped forward a whole episode in the middle of one
Apr 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2017
I like the fact everyone is confused about the weird cut but not Ishida who mysteriously disappears for the rest of the series without any explaination

Jul 29, 2020 12:44 AM
Sep 2019
This episode got me fukked up man
Apr 10, 2021 6:44 AM

Aug 2019
Morani90 said:
First a new character is introduced without proper background explanation, this new characters looks pretty much in every possible way like the main character, and at the same time the main character dissapears into the background.
Surely none of this will confuse the audience, right?.. RIGHT?

This is the only possible explanation I've thought of, and I had to visit MAL to confirm.
It's the most confusing episode I've ever watched.
inb4 2013 comment
Jul 17, 2021 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
Blackbird found the tuner from hell

Why does Koichi look near-identical to Akio? This is just confusing.

Midway through the episode Z got wrecked and we have to piece the story through flashbacks urghhhh

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 5, 2022 8:34 AM
Jan 2014
Okay
What the hell happened

The first part is pretty linear

Eriko gets stopped from dumping the Z in the harbor by the Blackbird
After that she is seen off to London
The Blackbird gets an upgrade from Jun Kitami
4 Cars set out on the Wangan for a race (GTR, Z, buffed Testa & buffed Porsche)

And then things start getting vague
Its a mixture of timeskips and flashbacks

Apparently (as always) a crash happens
But we dont see it directly
Supposedly the Z/Akio crashes on purpose to "save" the newly tuned cars
(Also the Z seemed to steer a bit on its own to preserve Akio)
Akio is seen standing next to the scene of the accident, so I presume he survives
The Z on the other hand is a total wreck
Both the Z and Akio vanish for the rest of the episode after that

A new character gets introduced
A dude that stepped down from the racing scene 3 years ago
Well on his way to create a family (pregnant wife, wants to buy house, job as mechanic)
Hes so similiar to Akio in some ways that I wasnt sure if its a timeskip involving Akio or not lmao
But he seems to be just another dude

At the end of the episode it is revealed that the Z, or rather the wreck of it
Is in Juns possession, but he sees no way of salvaging it

And thats it
Akio just disappeared completely lmao

I was so confused at first
And Im still not sure if I understood everything what happened
Really weird episode
GedatzuFeb 5, 2022 8:46 AM
Jun 21, 2022 12:16 AM

Jan 2009
I definitely went back and watched this episode again. The first watch through, I couldn't figure out if I was watching a flashback, a time skip, or what. I wasn't sure if Koichi was Akio in the future, or if this was a previous owner of the Z. Then I was confused as to why Reina's GT-R went from black to white. After the second watch, I understood what the hell was going on a little more. Though, I'm still not sure if Reina just got a new GT-R. I get the feeling we're about to have a switch in main characters, which makes me think that neither of them are actually the main characters, and MC is actually the Z.
Feb 18, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2016
??????????????????

We were being hyped up for this upcoming MASSIVE race where the Testarossa, R32, Z, and Porche will be there at their peak condition, but whaaaaaaaat did they do? They "SKIPPED" the race and chose to narrate it as though it has happened some time ago. Apparently, the Z saved its driver and the other drivers in exchange for its own destruction, yeah cool, but it'd be better if we can actually watch it happen as is.

Bruh not to mention, a new character is added. The events that has transpired is easy to figure out by the end of the episode but the way things are paced in this ep is just weird and unsatisfactory. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wangan Midnight Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

13 by Ub4ya »»
Dec 10, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Wangan Midnight Episode 4 Discussion

Static - Nov 21, 2007

10 by Avenger-senpai »»
Nov 3, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Wangan Midnight Episode 3 Discussion

Static - Nov 21, 2007

14 by Avenger-senpai »»
Nov 1, 2023 5:27 PM

Poll: » Wangan Midnight Episode 2 Discussion

Blazingluke - Jun 27, 2007

18 by Avenger-senpai »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Wangan Midnight Episode 1 Discussion

Blazingluke - Jun 12, 2007

27 by Avenger-senpai »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.