Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2007 4:05 AM

Apr 2007
I woudl have to say that Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is the most disturbing anime I've ever seen... They make the characters all cute and bubbly then bam the cute little characters turn in to raving screaming crazy people with knives. I think it'd be hard to top the disturbingness of this anime. Hentai is not included as everyones seen disturbing H-anime...
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2007 4:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Higurashi is great though. If you're referring to violent anime you might as well check out this topic. If not, carry on ^^.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 20, 2007 4:13 AM

Apr 2007
If you haven't realised that other topic was made by me... haha
That was for the most violent... I'm looking for something more disturbing than Higurashi... Higurashi is violent but I'd say Gantz is more violent...
Higurashi made me feel somewhat afraid aha.
Jun 20, 2007 7:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah yeah, I forgot you opened that one. Sorry about that. Can't think of a disturbing anime right now, the first two episodes of Dokuro-chan made had some bits that were slightly 'ew~' though haha.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 20, 2007 7:39 AM

Mar 2007
Definitely Evangelion.....also Elfen Lied - violent AND disturbing :D
You've come a long way, baby.
Jun 20, 2007 7:52 AM

May 2007
I haven't seen any anime series that I would describe as "disturbing".
I'm hoping Berserk will change my opinion when I see it.

Jun 20, 2007 7:55 AM

Mar 2007
Hentai cannot be disturbing!
But hmm.. I don't think I can say I've seen anything 'disturbing' yet.
Jun 20, 2007 8:15 AM

May 2007
Zamitsu said:
Sobzob said:
Hentai cannot be disturbing!
But hmm.. I don't think I can say I've seen anything 'disturbing' yet.

I beg to differ....

I've seen Hentai scenes that made people look away from the TV and I didn't find it "disturbing" at all. Everyone has different opinions.

I'm starting to think I should watch this Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (even if I'm not into "cute characters").

Jun 20, 2007 1:16 PM

May 2005
For me the most disturbing anime is Elfen Lied, but in a good way. The others would be Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Now and Then, Here and There.
Jun 20, 2007 1:28 PM

Jun 2007
I found Higurashi quite funny.....
Anyway, last few episode of Evangelion was definetely disturbing
Jun 20, 2007 1:31 PM

Jan 2007
Anamnesis said:
I haven't seen any anime series that I would describe as "disturbing".
Jun 20, 2007 1:43 PM

Apr 2007
Anyone that says Hentai can't be disturbing clearly hasn't seen Shitai Wo Arau, Ail Maniax, Bondage Game or Pigeon Blood. These are 4 of the sickest animes ever... they involve various very very sick tortures... like
DamoizgodJun 20, 2007 1:46 PM
Jun 20, 2007 2:23 PM
Jun 2007
..Narutaru anyone..?

(don't let the moe of the poster scare you off, this is one sick show)
Lovi-chanJun 20, 2007 2:28 PM
Jun 20, 2007 7:25 PM

Jun 2007
After finishing Elfen Lied, I almost wanted nothing to do with Gantz, but for some reason. I started watching and have to say I find Gantz to be a dark comedy with the blood and gore there thrown in for Giggles. The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. Elfen Lied's gore and blood just felt they were overdoing it for no reason. I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.
Jun 20, 2007 7:36 PM
Jun 2007
JackCox said:
[...]The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. [...]
[...]I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.

I second this. I remember when I first watched Gantz - I was just in awe of how beautifully obscene, psychologically realistic yet strangely humorous it was.. I mean, to think that an action series can be so deep, yet contain lots of aliens and boobs at the same time.. astonishing!
Jun 20, 2007 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
headph0nes said:
JackCox said:
[...]The only time when Blood and Gore is funny is when it goes extremely over the top and the series is designed to be kick ass. [...]
[...]I actually find Gantz to be one of the most realistic portayals of Humanity that i have seen.

I second this. I remember when I first watched Gantz - I was just in awe of how beautifully obscene, psychologically realistic yet strangely humorous it was.. I mean, to think that an action series can be so deep, yet contain lots of aliens and boobs at the same time.. astonishing!

Amen, I still found the fact that it had lots of comic moments to be quite interesting and not exactly what I expected from this show.
Jun 21, 2007 2:14 AM

Apr 2007
Futanari can be pretty disturbing u_u.

As for anime series?
Umm.. Green Green was pretty disturbing.. Bear Sex or Homo Three-Some.. That'd scare anyone for life.
Jun 21, 2007 2:30 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Cermer said:
Umm.. Green Green was pretty disturbing.. Bear Sex or Homo Three-Some.. That'd scare anyone for life.

Lmao yeah, I remember that, I lol'd.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 21, 2007 3:15 AM

Feb 2007
Moekan The Animation anyone? It is one f*cked up show, I honestly don't understand how anyone could sit through it and not be disturbed by the end.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
Jun 21, 2007 3:33 AM

Jun 2007
headph0nes said:
..Narutaru anyone..?

(don't let the moe of the poster scare you off, this is one sick show)

Dead on. Also wins the award for 'most misleading pilot episode'.
Jun 21, 2007 6:40 AM

Jun 2007
Texhnolyze :S
it was really depressing me. all this human parts chopped off :S uhm disturbing
Jun 21, 2007 9:08 AM
Apr 2007
hmmmm...can't realli remember nethin too weird with the anime ive watched
Jun 21, 2007 9:14 AM

Mar 2005
I wouldn't call an entire series disturbing, just certain scenes...and I feel like i've listed those scene in various threads numerous times already.
Jun 21, 2007 9:49 AM

Aug 2006
Narutaru
Jun 21, 2007 11:31 AM

Jan 2007
I`m sure the people i know who`ve seen Pico to Chico, can agree with me when i say it`s the most disturbing.
@_@

I also didn`t like Boku no Sexual Harasment much either. >_>;;
&& i don`t need a reason, because it`s obvious.
Jun 21, 2007 12:54 PM

May 2007
Noelle_x3 said:
I`m sure the people i know who`ve seen Pico to Chico, can agree with me when i say it`s the most disturbing.
@_@

I also didn`t like Boku no Sexual Harasment much either. >_>;;
&& i don`t need a reason, because it`s obvious.

could not agree with you more... shudder
AMV HELL ZERO is also pretty bad, but thats because it is actually a collection of the most disturbing moments in anime
Jun 21, 2007 1:40 PM

Jun 2007
DashingLime said:

could not agree with you more... shudder
AMV HELL ZERO is also pretty bad, but thats because it is actually a collection of the most disturbing moments in anime

As long as you watch the edited version your fine xD

Hmm, when i comes to series i was disturned by, i would deffidenty say higurashi, just due to the 2nd to last arc, if youve seen it, youd know what im talking about.
Jun 21, 2007 9:09 PM
Jun 2007
i kind of found gunslinger girl disturbing since it was about little girls going around killing people
Jun 21, 2007 9:31 PM

Apr 2007
Raja said:
i kind of found gunslinger girl disturbing since it was about little girls going around killing people

And isn't Higurashi/Elfen Lied too? <_<

Out of topic: I just noticed my avatar matches the one of Nana ^_^
Jun 21, 2007 9:47 PM
Jun 2007
Cermer said:
Raja said:

havent seen higurashi
but elfen lied wanst that disturbing to me at all, it was just brutal
Jun 24, 2007 12:57 PM

Jun 2007
The most disturbing anime I've viewed so far would have to have been Popotan. Mainly for the culture differences (family nudity) rather than the Elfen Lied / Gantz blood & violence. Don't get me wrong - its not big deal to watch hentai (even if its just to = 'laugh' at). I found myself turning away quite often at the gratuitous, never-ending tub scenes. Perhaps I was giving the series too much credit even though it's based on an ecchi/loli game. Anyway, I ended up getting rather attached to Ai, Mai, Mii, and Mae but I didn't understand the reason for the constant (almost every ep!) full frontal (with strategically places bubbles or splashes) nudity. For a while I was hesitant to say I even viewed this series, let alone placing it in a top 20.

For all the listed titles here, my take would be that shock value = good!?
Jun 24, 2007 3:30 PM
Jun 2007
Some of the most disturbing anime scenes I think I have ever seen are actually found in Full Metal Alchemist. I know, I know, its pretty tame compaired to things like Hellsing or Elfen Lied. But hear me out. Its only one scene, but it freaks me waaay out more then anything else I have ever seen.
The scene where you find out that that one alchemist, The Sewing Life Alchemist, merged his daughter and his dog together? That is just.. horrific. It does so much crazies to my brian.
Jun 24, 2007 9:25 PM

Apr 2007
Not sure if you consider this disturbing but Monster was a good one. even thou you kinda know whats going on and going to happen i would rank it up there, not so much on the violence but the story line its self.
Jun 24, 2007 9:40 PM

Jun 2007
Cermer said:
Raja said:

That's not Nana, that's a very young Lucy

Elfen Lied sticks out the most.....everyone had depressing backgrounds, and there's really no light at the end of the tunnel

animated mutalation is not as disturbing to me.....i get more grossed out by real movies
Jun 24, 2007 9:47 PM

Apr 2007
I have to think that Higurashi is the most disturbing anime that I have ever seen...so far, and yet I also found it quite funny at times.
Jun 27, 2007 12:19 PM

Jun 2007
Most disturbing for me is either Neon Genesis Evangelion or Death Note. I find Death Note really disturbing.......Light just wants to kill full stop....
Jun 27, 2007 12:59 PM

Jun 2007
I've only watched one episode.. but I'm finding pet shop of horrors just a wee bit disturbing. It's creepy... and that pet shop guy is eerie..

-Seigi-
Jun 27, 2007 1:40 PM

Mar 2007
Aishiteruze said:
I've only watched one episode.. but I'm finding pet shop of horrors just a wee bit disturbing. It's creepy... and that pet shop guy is eerie..

he's sexy! mmmm... count D
I was disturbed by Boku no Piko and Enzai. they were very distasteful to say the least. And Hamtaro creeped me out as well.
Jun 27, 2007 2:26 PM

Oct 2006
The only animes I've seen that I could class as disturbing have been some of the more fucked up hentai series. And it's not so much from them being sick as from the realization that their existence means that there are people who get off on that stuff.

Higurashi and Berserk and the like I would describe as graphic and intense, but not disturbing in the least.
Jun 27, 2007 2:56 PM

Apr 2007
Elfen Lied I agree was just brutal violence. The grossest disturbing hentai I've ever seen so far was Night Shift Nurses. Ugh.

Jun 27, 2007 2:57 PM

Jun 2007
Akira...just my personal opinion...although it was confusing more than disturbing, but still.

Jun 27, 2007 3:48 PM
Jun 2007
Akira is amazing.

I'd have to say Bible Black w/ English Dubs.
Jun 27, 2007 4:45 PM
Jun 2007
Pokemon and I was never the same again.
Jul 1, 2007 10:59 AM

Jun 2007
I guess Nekojiru Gekijou, and the much more well known OVA to it, Cat Soup, were the most diturbing, but man do I love those hellish Kitties.
Jul 1, 2007 11:02 AM

Jun 2007
Disturbing? Probably Paranoia Agent. That series bent my mind til it was almost broken.

Paprika disturbed me a little bit in I had a hard time having pleasant dreams after I watched it.

For content I'd say Tokyo Tales. Seeing a giant fatty guy, rape some bishie to death... ::shiver::

[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=327]*The Asuka Appreciation Club* Join Now![/url
Jul 1, 2007 2:22 PM

Jan 2007
Deceptive621 said:
For content I'd say Tokyo Tales. Seeing a giant fatty guy, rape some bishie to death... ::shiver::

O.O
Jul 1, 2007 2:40 PM

Jun 2007
hounddog said:
Deceptive621 said:

O.O

yeah that was my face too...i stopped watching shortly after that...

[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=327]*The Asuka Appreciation Club* Join Now![/url
Jul 1, 2007 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
Texhnolyze o.O - i was watchin it in free TV at 1:20am and thought wtf?!

This is ma personal most disturbing anime i have seen so far, beside many crappy/cruel/disgusting hentais :>
Jul 1, 2007 11:46 PM

Jun 2007
I found Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni very disturbing ò.O

Jul 2, 2007 8:35 AM

Jun 2007
Galatea said:
I found Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni very disturbing �.O

Definitely disturbing. Probably the mix of innocent looking loli and insane violence. Actually..everything was creepy about that show...even the op was kinda scary.

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you watch anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 25 minutes ago

3 by BitChilly »»
7 minutes ago

» What is that one anime you always recommend?

weebtoge - 43 minutes ago

10 by BitChilly »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Apr 18

23 by Nemo_Niemand »»
11 minutes ago

» What are your firsts choices when you recommend anime to someone who has never watched it?

Shizuna - 15 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

60 by MadanielFL »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.