Forum Settings
Forums

What computer software are you using for digital art?

New
Jul 8, 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
For me? A laptop running on Windows 8.1. Using an xp-pen deco drawing tablet (that cost less than 100 dollars). Using Krita for my drawing software. I also use Krita and the same xp pen drawing tablet on a second laptop (that runs on Linux).

How about you guys? I would like to know.
Jul 9, 4:03 AM

May 2014
I use clip studio with a Huion pen tablet. Just bought a bigger one too, the HS611. I used to have a xp-pen display tablet, but it broke pretty fast. I'm all about that Huion pen tablet life now.
Jul 9, 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Fancyjasper
I use clip studio with a Huion pen tablet. Just bought a bigger one too, the HS611. I used to have a xp-pen display tablet, but it broke pretty fast. I'm all about that Huion pen tablet life now.
@Fancyjasper does your version of ClipStudio Paint cost money? You do realize that you can install and use Krita for free? Not that there is anything inheritantly wrong with using CSP.
Jul 9, 9:05 AM

May 2023

Digital Art for me is just a hobby to let off some steam.. Softwares I predominantly use are Krita and Sketchbook.. finalized on Affinity Designer..
For hardware I acquired a graphic tablet for GIS work [map vector digitization], went with a XP-Pen Tab.. Have plans to buy a upgrade to Wacom or a Huion sometime in the future..
***My answer is the same as last time, so is the author of this and the previous post..


Jul 9, 2:00 PM

May 2014
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Fancyjasper does your version of ClipStudio Paint cost money? You do realize that you can install and use Krita for free? Not that there is anything inheritantly wrong with using CSP.
@DesuMaiden Yeah just a one off payment when it was on sale. I know of krita, but I wasn't a fan when I downloaded it. Mainly couldn't be bothered getting familiar with a new UI lol.
FancyjasperJul 9, 2:05 PM
Jul 9, 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Fancyjasper
@DesuMaiden Yeah just a one off payment when it was on sale. I know of krita, but I wasn't a fan when I downloaded it. Mainly couldn't be bothered getting familiar with a new UI lol.
@Fancyjasper how much did you pay for it btw?
Jul 9, 3:18 PM

Jan 2022
Inkscape with a pen tablet
Jul 9, 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
You may be surprised... But I use MS Paint.
Jul 9, 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to ZakuF_
You may be surprised... But I use MS Paint.
@ZakuF_ i use Ms Paint, too. So I don't find that surprising at all.
Jul 9, 5:27 PM

Jul 2016
I don't do digital art as much as I used to (motivation and confidence has been dry), but Medibang Paint is my go-to for most of my digital pieces. I used to have a 10moons tablet for drawing, but that stopped working on me suddenly without any assistance from the company, so I switched to a XP-Pen later on.
Jul 9, 6:42 PM

Jun 2024
surprised no one said paint tool sai yet. cheap and easy to use
Jul 9, 7:40 PM

Apr 2024
I use a free software called FireAlpaca... It's pretty good, imho, but my art friends make fun of me for it with the lack of a few specific tools, but I'm also trained as a traditional artist, so I don't miss tools I don't use
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jul 10, 6:02 AM

Nov 2023
I'm using CSP or Clip Studio Paint EX Ver 2.0 with wacom cintiq 13HD. The wacom now has pen marks all over the screen :')

I got the CSP with one-time payment so I can use it forever... on one PC. I've never tried moving the license to another new PC, so I can't be sure for now.

In case you're wondering, I got it on sale at the time, and it costed 34$. I completely forgot the wacom's price though as it was so long ago.

On the other hand, I sometimes use the ever-free MS Paint with a standard mouse to doodle a rough sketch which I'll later draw on CSP lol.
"There's no way of knowing the original shape of a melted ice sculpture."
Q.E.D. Shoumei Shuuryou Vol.46 Chp.91 'Pilgrimage' Pg.55
Jul 10, 10:01 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I used to use Paint Tool SAI nearly a decade ago, but nowadays it's just Clip Studio Paint EX with my Intuos Pen and Touch S.
Jul 11, 4:34 PM

May 2014
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Fancyjasper how much did you pay for it btw?
@DesuMaiden £36. Bought it about 2 years ago. I think the price isn't too bad at all. No idea how much it is right now though. I don't feel the need to upgrade either.
Jul 12, 5:28 AM

Jul 2019
Clip Studio Paint! I used to use MS Paint back when I first started, couldn't bought a pen tab so I use my mouse!
I opened two gifts this morning and they were my eyes

How lucky am I to live another day in this body?

More topics from this board

» 【 ART THREAD 】Let's share our art! ‪‪❤︎‬

mewmewforever - Yesterday

13 by mewmewforever »»
16 minutes ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

424 by nin-tendo »»
11 hours ago

» STAR WARS Sixth-Scale Dolls...

MasterTasuke - Aug 16

5 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

» I am learning to draw Manga...

Jakkobb - Yesterday

1 by Anjuro »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

224 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
Yesterday, 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.