Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
First epiosde, hated the guy, liked the girl
Second epiosde, hated the guy (a little less) like the girl (a little less)

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????

I am sorry but this ones headed to the "Dropped" section for me... I tried.. I hung in there for three episodes, but this goes well beyond my ability to comprehend stupidity.

Sorry, done venting, *sigh*
m0RTaLJan 7, 2010 12:12 PM
Jan 27, 2010 10:57 AM

Jan 2010
This is a good anime, have been wanting to watch a proper shoujo anime instead of reading one.... i just hope this series doesn't disappoint me...I loved this episode because i normally tend to get frustrated when the hero or heroine seems too uninterested..... but things just spiced up :D
Dec 15, 2010 3:26 AM
May 2009
So, uh. I guess I'm one of the few people who can't get into this anime. I couldn't help but feel ashamed after this ep. xX

Kotoko was totally embarassing at the Sports Festival, then she does something nice (slap him) and directly afterwards that honestly, honestly embarassing guy pops up there and...wtf? And those stupid posters. Are they really in high school? Feels more like elementary grade to me. Sorry, but not being able to keep secrets for a friend and announcing it pubicly in such a manner is just stupid and childisch in my eyes. >.>

Guess I'm too old already. *sigh*

I'll randomly skim through the eps and then decide if I continue watching it.
Feb 7, 2011 2:00 AM

May 2010
m0RTaL said:

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????quote]

It's a classic INTJ/ESFP pairing (i.e. complete Myers-Briggs opposites). It's nice to see a fellow INTJ in a series like this. He's the penultimate example of all our INTJ stereotypes in one person.
Feb 27, 2011 8:45 AM

Mar 2010
Funny. Kotoko proved as great heroine again, I loved how she slapped Irie. Also, in the end, she used his own tactic against him :) Can´t get enough of this show. And here i thought this was going to be some sappy bullshit.
May 2, 2011 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
m0RTaL said:

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????

I am sorry but this ones headed to the "Dropped" section for me... I tried.. I hung in there for three episodes, but this goes well beyond my ability to comprehend stupidity.

Sorry, done venting, *sigh*

yea this

ill give this a few more and then decide whether or not to drop...
Aug 19, 2012 10:01 AM
Jul 2011
I dropped this before and decided to pick it up again, but damn this is getting hard to watch. Probably gonna drop it again, the girl is just too stupid and the guy is too much of an a-hole
Nov 6, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
the hate is already turning into love, it's only a matter of episodes now before they become a couple
Apr 30, 2013 6:25 AM
Nov 2012
Awesome episode. This show withholds a lot of expectations from me.
Jul 4, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2012
Well that was unexpected and cute at the same time! Really nice episode.
Oct 19, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2012
I wish he was bad at sports, too many shoujo love interests are too perfect, I'm enjoying it anyway since I'm used to that kind of character in romance like this
Dec 9, 2013 10:43 AM
Mar 2013
Am I ever going to get tired of seeing Kotoko's bizarre expressions? xD I hope not!

The way she fell down during the race was so contrived I felt sick lol, but otherwise it was a good episode.
Dec 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Mar 2011
That Irie is too tsundere.
Mar 12, 2014 11:04 PM
Jan 2014
I'm still on the fence. I laughed a few times, but when I think about it, this anime is starting to bother me. Irie is being a jerk and that's all there is to it. It's nice to see hints of a human beneath, but that doesn't change the fact that his behavior deserves an explanation and an apology. Kotoko is no better. It was funny but not redeeming seeing the way that she acted. While she's cute, I feel that she's just here to make people laugh at her failures. She had a backbone one moment, and the next moment she was spineless for comedic effect. I understand that she won't get over her feelings in an instant, but couldn't she be more deep about it? The changeover from comedy to drama wasn't as smooth as it should have been. The slap was nice, but almost felt flat once my beloved Kin-chan came into the picture. Is this high school or preschool, by the way? If I was laughing more, maybe I wouldn't care as much about logic because it would feel like a solid romcom. Fair episode.
2SugoiToActSugoiMar 12, 2014 11:12 PM
moving on.
Jun 12, 2014 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
Was like crying of laughter when he started reading her letter out loud.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Sep 20, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Haha, she's so stupid, running straight to Irie when they are running along side xD
She slapped him good. Didn't expected that. But he's starting to show a softer side.

It look like there is one person that keep drawing those sketch. I guess they'll find him at some point.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 9, 2015 9:56 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, this is the shojoy shojo EVAR. She just got done slapping the sh*t out of him and then she immediately goes back into "I Love Him" mode. Ah... the only way that I can get into these romance types of anime is for the me to end up liking the MC. She is really annoying and not likable or intresting and not cute and not relateable. For him he's an arrogant assh*le. And its not funny either. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes then I'm going to drop it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2012
dekopinn said:
Was like crying of laughter when he started reading her letter out loud.
Wow, you thought that part was funny? Was it? It just made me really really mad and made me hate him more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2015 9:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Another fun episode. Seeing Kotoko with Irie has become much more fun to watch. At first I didn't like Kotoko near Irie. He seems to show a bit of care for Kotoko. If he wanted to, he could have walked away right after he fell on top of her.

Kotoko sure has bad friends. Gossipers

Jul 25, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
I'm so disappointed in this anime. Being one of the most popular shoujo series and knowing that their relationship progresses before the end of the series, I thought for sure the characters would be more than the typical leads. But no, average (or less in this case) girl falls in love with perfect asshole boy, and somehow despite him being an asshole forever she still manages to love him. sigh

Dec 30, 2015 4:12 AM
May 2015
Kotoko knows how to manage irei.....
Mar 1, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2010
I like when Kotoko makes a witty point and Irie goes all !!!
but when she gets too dreamy about him, I am like ('_')
Overall, I like her so I just hope she doesn't do it a lot.
Apr 6, 2019 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
It's remarkable just how unlikable both of the leads are. He's a pompous a-hole and she's generic shoujo MC in all the wrong ways and comes off quite shallow to boot.

They have to get better. If only because they can't get any worse unless they literally start a cult and start murdering people.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 30, 2019 11:46 AM
Apr 2016
Quite a lot of awkward sweet moments this episode, haha. Well, seems like their relationship IS in fact, developing, it's developing in a surprisingly decent pace, too.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.