Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2008 4:42 PM
Nov 2007
Aoikokoro said:
... The only thing wrong with this series is the cheaply done animation, I mean, they could at least give people in the background faces!

i agree! it looks really weird when the background people are faceless
Apr 20, 2008 5:19 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was okay but nothing special. Some comedy and some drama... that's all I can say about this one. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Oct 2007
m1zzsandra said:
Aoikokoro said:
... The only thing wrong with this series is the cheaply done animation, I mean, they could at least give people in the background faces!

But at least it's not as bad as in Minami-ke Okawari, with all the blacked out characters. The only anime that I didn't mind having rubbish background characters has to be Lucky Star. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2008 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
I love this show. ^^ Tsundere Naoki lol. The carrying scene and Irie saying you can never know what your feelings will be tomorrow were awesome, and I couldn't stop laughing when Kotoko chose Irie's dad as the person she loves. xD
And one thing I like about this show so far are the characters. Usually there's at least one character in a show whom I'm annoyed by, but Itazura na Kiss has none; in fact, I like all of them quite a bit.

Beach episode next. Looking forward to it~
Apr 20, 2008 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Manditory High School Slice-of-Life Sports Festival episode and next week it's umi da yo! So far I'm enjoying these.
Apr 20, 2008 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
It was another good episode and I have to agree that I was glad she slapped him, he really deserved it.
Apr 20, 2008 6:51 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
m1zzsandra said:
Aoikokoro said:
For one, I think it's just fine. LOTS of shows have the background people have no faces. If they even have shapes shapes that aren't like stick people :P

For another, I don't know that the animation is all that cheap. If you look at the manga, it started being publish in 1990. The style is very old. They needed to chose a style that would appeal to both the manga fans, AND the new anime watchers. Which is why sometimes the characters' styles look old, and sometimes they don't.

I, for one, think they've done a fantastic job with the animation, especially compared to some of the other shoujo this season.
Apr 20, 2008 8:30 PM

Apr 2008
Aw I thought this episode was so cute. It's playing out so much like the Taiwanese drama version (which I loved). This episode was cute, when Kotoko started dazzing out during the race, lol. I also loveee the mom, such a great character.

The animation is pretty good, but it is odd when even close up side characters have no faces...I guess it brings your attention to the main characters...but it is a bit distracting.

As to the different types of animation style for the characters, I agree with Kineta and I like how it matches each character's personality.

Apr 20, 2008 9:22 PM

Jun 2007
Oh man, I laughed so hard at Kin-chan suddenly invading the Irie household. XD He's such a good friend.

Another excellent episode with a bit more drama this time. I loved the scene where Kotoko slapped Irie; it was very well executed.

Can't wait for more~
Apr 20, 2008 10:26 PM

Aug 2007
I loved the scene when Naoki read the loveletter and the said it out loud. xD

Naoki is a jerk, that it's just lovely.
Apr 20, 2008 10:33 PM

Jun 2007
BITCHSLAP finally! <3

I loved the scene with Naoki reading the letter on the bed. So cute! ^^

I'm ashamed to share my name with such an oh-so-dorky character... why does he have to be named Kin? Why?

Apr 20, 2008 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
kin-chan said:
I'm ashamed to share my name with such an oh-so-dorky character... why does he have to be named Kin? Why?
lulz xD

Btw, did anyone else notice that Irie didn't tear down that poster of him and Kotoko like he did last time? um....woot? ;D
Apr 21, 2008 1:12 AM

Nov 2007
it was a pretty good episode. i enjoyed the emotions and how the younger brother was always in the background glaring at her.

i hate how some of th faces are not drawn in but then in this same episode, at the beginning when she was laying on her bed, where u see half of her face, i thought it was one of the most beautifully done drawings of her.
Apr 21, 2008 5:18 AM

Feb 2008
I'm loving this show.

It's funny, cute and the characters are amazing. Irie seems to be warming to Kotoko and maybe tomorrow he'll love her? Adorable speech!

Although he deserved that slap! Woop! You go girl!
Apr 21, 2008 5:23 AM

Feb 2007
I'm also loving this show. Each episode gets better and better.
Apr 21, 2008 11:49 AM

Feb 2008
Another great episode. The show remains interesting despite using generic school romance plotlines and events (e.g. Sports Day). Kotoko is really cute and I think the animation has improved since the first episode (except for Kin-chan's expression, ah well.)

Looking forward to the next ep!
Apr 21, 2008 12:24 PM

Aug 2007
I think I am too familiar with the Manga / Live Action (both Japan and Taiwanese!) to find this interesting.

Ha, if I didnt know the WHOLE story like the back of my hand, then I would definitely dig it.

This anime should have come out YEARS ago to be honest. Just so sad that the mangaka never really finished the story (not technically).

I can't wait to see what type of ending they will put on this series (if they get that far!)

Apr 21, 2008 12:43 PM

Mar 2007
Aarana said:
I think I am too familiar with the Manga / Live Action (both Japan and Taiwanese!) to find this interesting.

Ha, if I didnt know the WHOLE story like the back of my hand, then I would definitely dig it.

This anime should have come out YEARS ago to be honest. Just so sad that the mangaka never really finished the story (not technically).

I can't wait to see what type of ending they will put on this series (if they get that far!)

I am really familiar with the manga and all the previous versions, but I am still really enjoying this :) I predict that they will do what the Taiwan drama's first season did, and end it at manga volume 10. Then they have plenty of material they can still cover in a second season if they wanted to (like they did in Taiwan). I am really curious to see if this is what they will do or not :) They are already in volume 2, so I wonder if this pace will continue!
Apr 21, 2008 12:49 PM

Aug 2007
m1zzsandra said:
Aoikokoro said:

They have to earn their faces
Apr 21, 2008 3:01 PM

Nov 2004
Yeah, I didn't like the relay bit. And the reason that class F lost to begin with was because of Kotoko and her mind wandering in such a strange way. I was okay with every other part of the episode though, thought everything was rather cute.
Apr 21, 2008 3:10 PM

Apr 2007
Dunno, it's not like it's easy to let go of your own feelings. She was in love with him for -two years-, even though he's a bastard, she can't get over her fantasies that easy. It was idiotic, yeah, but not unexpected.
Apr 21, 2008 5:54 PM

Dec 2007
Great epiosde. The scene where Irie carrying Kotoko was cute. I love how she was confident enough to Irie.

Good slap, Kotoko.
Apr 21, 2008 6:21 PM

Jul 2007
This was a solid episode. The only things bugging me are the excessive recapping done at the beginning of the episode and the animation shortcuts. Like, you don't get a face drawn unless you're a main character. That's the small stuff though. All in all, I'm enjoying this show a lot.
Apr 22, 2008 7:15 AM
Dec 2007
Finally saw the subs ^^
That arrogant brat Irie really deserved the slap. Should wake him up from his reverie about his superiority...Well, he's good at sports and school, but clearly fails at behaving like a decent human being.
Apr 22, 2008 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
*slap*
cute!!!!

the next episode is a beach episode, those are always fun
Apr 22, 2008 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
Okay, yay for the slap
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 22, 2008 5:34 PM

Jun 2007
SLAAAAAAAP!
muahahaha. He deserved it :3

Apr 23, 2008 7:53 PM

Jun 2007
oh Slap!!!

pretty good episode compared to all the other ones (all have been good so far)
actually, i think the slap was a nice add, it kinda made irie remind him that kotoko was an actual person.

the episode did not make me laugh a lot, but it made me smile a couple of times
at least we know irie wont treat her as cold as before.. though still a little mean i guess...
photographic memory= your best weapon

irie's mom is awesome as always

and i am starting to dislike kotoko's friends, i mean... starting rumors when kotoko asked them not to spread that... i mean, what kind of friends promise not to do anything, but still do it?
Apr 24, 2008 4:31 AM

Jul 2007
So am I the only one who thinks that this episode's title sounds kinda dirty?

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 24, 2008 7:09 AM

Apr 2007
AngelLily said:
Damn I love this!

So purely shoujo, so purely good. Great characters, great relationships. I don't hate Irie's guts anymore.

Wess'u

AnomalousOne said:
So am I the only one who thinks that this episode's title sounds kinda dirty?

Now that you point it out, lol XD
Apr 24, 2008 8:08 PM
Oct 2007
It was a cute episode although I do agree about the part where Kotoko spaced out. That was just too ridiculous. The expressions are nicely done though, so funny.
Apr 25, 2008 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Iriya said:
I love how she used Irie's tactics against him. Awesome.
Apr 25, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
Nice ep, ahh this anime will become one of the best animes this year thats for sure
Apr 26, 2008 1:44 AM

Aug 2007
Irei's mum is the best character of the show, after Kotoko's ugly darkhaired friend =D

He could have just NOT carried her to the nurses office =D
Apr 26, 2008 6:56 AM

Jul 2007
nice slap~~
Apr 27, 2008 11:58 AM

Apr 2008
i liked how he memorized her letter lmao
kind of silly how kotoko spaced out during the relay, geez lol
Jun 7, 2008 6:49 AM
Oct 2007
Tch

Kin-chan is such an awesome guy- hate how he's getting shafted
Aug 17, 2008 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
Well, this series is improving. It's still not that great but it's starting to be worth the effort of watching. I hope it continues to improve.
Jun 8, 2009 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad that Irie is the one chasing Kotoko now xD Oh you tsundere boy.

Sep 26, 2009 8:47 AM

Aug 2009
Hm...this episode wasn't that good. Too many stupid "accidents" (Kotoko messes up the "stick delivery"), but the rest was nice (especially the slap^^)
It's quite funny when Irie shows some emotions, the SDs about it are nice^^
Jan 5, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
First epiosde, hated the guy, liked the girl
Second epiosde, hated the guy (a little less) like the girl (a little less)

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????

I am sorry but this ones headed to the "Dropped" section for me... I tried.. I hung in there for three episodes, but this goes well beyond my ability to comprehend stupidity.

Sorry, done venting, *sigh*
m0RTaLJan 7, 2010 12:12 PM
Jan 27, 2010 10:57 AM

Jan 2010
This is a good anime, have been wanting to watch a proper shoujo anime instead of reading one.... i just hope this series doesn't disappoint me...I loved this episode because i normally tend to get frustrated when the hero or heroine seems too uninterested..... but things just spiced up :D
Dec 15, 2010 3:26 AM
May 2009
So, uh. I guess I'm one of the few people who can't get into this anime. I couldn't help but feel ashamed after this ep. xX

Kotoko was totally embarassing at the Sports Festival, then she does something nice (slap him) and directly afterwards that honestly, honestly embarassing guy pops up there and...wtf? And those stupid posters. Are they really in high school? Feels more like elementary grade to me. Sorry, but not being able to keep secrets for a friend and announcing it pubicly in such a manner is just stupid and childisch in my eyes. >.>

Guess I'm too old already. *sigh*

I'll randomly skim through the eps and then decide if I continue watching it.
Feb 7, 2011 2:00 AM

May 2010
m0RTaL said:

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????quote]

It's a classic INTJ/ESFP pairing (i.e. complete Myers-Briggs opposites). It's nice to see a fellow INTJ in a series like this. He's the penultimate example of all our INTJ stereotypes in one person.
Feb 27, 2011 8:45 AM

Mar 2010
Funny. Kotoko proved as great heroine again, I loved how she slapped Irie. Also, in the end, she used his own tactic against him :) Can´t get enough of this show. And here i thought this was going to be some sappy bullshit.
May 2, 2011 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
m0RTaL said:

This is episode.. Where do I begin?? There is just no way I can ever see these two as a serious couple. He's an elitist a-hole and shes cute but chronically and hopelessly in love with him to the point of EPIC stupidity.. I just can't take it. How could someone with such an inflated ego ever fall for someone with such a low self-esteem????

I am sorry but this ones headed to the "Dropped" section for me... I tried.. I hung in there for three episodes, but this goes well beyond my ability to comprehend stupidity.

Sorry, done venting, *sigh*

yea this

ill give this a few more and then decide whether or not to drop...
Aug 19, 2012 10:01 AM
Jul 2011
I dropped this before and decided to pick it up again, but damn this is getting hard to watch. Probably gonna drop it again, the girl is just too stupid and the guy is too much of an a-hole
Nov 6, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
the hate is already turning into love, it's only a matter of episodes now before they become a couple
Apr 30, 2013 6:25 AM
Nov 2012
Awesome episode. This show withholds a lot of expectations from me.
Jul 4, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2012
Well that was unexpected and cute at the same time! Really nice episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.