Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2:53 AM
Aug 2021
It will confirmed later today at 20:00 JST in special livestream on Shonen Jump Youtube Channel
Leak by SugoiLITE

Coming winter 2025

Main Staff
Director : Masaki Watanabe (Bartender)
Series Composition : Taku Kishimoto (Haikyuu!)
Character Design : You Moriyama (Megalobox Director)
Studio : TMS Entertainment (Dr.Stone, Fruits Basket 2019, Kanokari, and many more)

Main Cast
Sakamoto : Tomokazu Sugita

Edit :
Teaser is out now
Dbagas8May 27, 4:48 AM
May 27, 3:12 AM

Jun 2014
From what I'm seeing on Twitter it actually looks like it'll be good visually. Of course those are just still images so gotta wait for a trailer, but it's looking like there's hope. Still sad that it's not Bones though, imagine Yutaka Nakamura animating for this series, holy fuck they would have COOKED. I'll temper my expectations for the time being though. Tomokazu Sugita as Sakamoto is an amazing casting as well.

But oh great, I can't wait for this to get exposed to a wider audience on MAL and then the anime section will be filled with genuine brain rot discussion threads lol. Seems to happen with just about anything that blows up, gets super popular, or has a bunch of hype surrounding it these days. Just look at JJK, actual shoe size IQ shit and I fear this could fall victim to that same infestation of dumbassery.

Ok after watching the trailer, this is looking pretty good. Hope they can sustain that quality beyond the first few episodes.
thebrentinator24May 27, 4:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 27, 3:15 AM

Apr 2022
will be peak if it's done justice to the manga🙏 i'm not really a fan of TMS but the staff doesn't sound too bad. kv looks good, but the best part is my GOAT sugita tomokazu!!
May 27, 3:16 AM

Aug 2023
Oh god TMS I'm a bit worried there good but nothing outstanding definitely not at the quality Sakamoto Days needs. Hope they have enough time if they do then it could turn out decent. But great news nonetheless. January, Jesus that might not be long enough I'm not sure how long do studios normally get? hopefully there put all there efforts into it.
You know the British Empire was pretty cool, we definitely peaked with it.
May 27, 3:31 AM

Apr 2018
It's actually over for Sakamoto days. It'll be slideshow days now sadly.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 3:36 AM

Apr 2024
So it's Baki team then, I suppose. I'm worried, but still excited. Good it isn't Pierrot. They need to focus on more important projects now and bigger workload wouldn't be good news either.
May 27, 3:55 AM
Feb 2021
lol Baki team plus a mid director? Can’t wait to binge this disaster class on Netflix
May 27, 3:56 AM
Dec 2022
Fellas we are sorta back
May 27, 4:01 AM
Feb 2021
18927 said:
So it's Baki team then, I suppose. I'm worried, but still excited. Good it isn't Pierrot. They need to focus on more important projects now and bigger workload wouldn't be good news either.

Pierrot would’ve honestly been better lmao, this gonna be pure slideshow and speed line greatness
May 27, 4:04 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to OvergrownRover
18927 said:

Pierrot would’ve honestly been better lmao, this gonna be pure slideshow and speed line greatness
@OvergrownRover Couldn't have said it any better. Just look at My Home Hero/The Fable. The voice acting may be decent, but everything else is close to mediocore as hell. No one has talked about both anime adaptations at all, but they're great mangas. So fucking done with TMS entertainment getting these adaptations.

'
May 27, 4:06 AM
Feb 2021
SideCharacterKal said:
@OvergrownRover Couldn't have said it any better. Just look at My Home Hero/The Fable. The voice acting may be decent, but everything else is close to mediocore as hell. No one has talked about both anime adaptations at all, but they're great mangas. So fucking done with TMS entertainment getting these adaptations.

That’s Tezuka (there way worse than TMS) but still Sakamoto will probably have slightly above Baki level animation with mostly limited movement and effects to try to make up for it (speed lines)
May 27, 4:09 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to OvergrownRover
SideCharacterKal said:

That’s Tezuka (there way worse than TMS) but still Sakamoto will probably have slightly above Baki level animation with mostly limited movement and effects to try to make up for it (speed lines)
@OvergrownRover Oh yeah holy hit. That's Tezuka lmfao. I don't know how I got them messed up, but they haven't produced anything good lately anyway.

'
May 27, 4:09 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to OvergrownRover
18927 said:

@OvergrownRover welp, yeah, but I meant that I think it's better for other Pierrot's projects like TYBW. One more project could also lead to even worse production issues. Shame there are not enough animators to adapt good source material the way fans want
May 27, 4:54 AM
Jun 2021
Shueisha did Sakamoto days dirty bruh.First they said Sakamoto days will be future of Jump and now they have given it to TMS. Make it make sense.
May 27, 5:00 AM

May 2021
Reply to BlizzardBoy026
Shueisha did Sakamoto days dirty bruh.First they said Sakamoto days will be future of Jump and now they have given it to TMS. Make it make sense.
@BlizzardBoy026 at the end of the day, they just want to make a quick buck( yen ig lol).

hope this is not a disaster class adaptation. one of the hardest and best action mangas rn, need to know who is the animation producer for this.
May 27, 5:03 AM

Oct 2022
finally, a gud news ;))
May 27, 7:22 AM
Sep 2023
Hell yeah!I've been waiting for this.
Another masterpiece loading.
May 27, 12:05 PM
Aug 2021
peak incoming (char limit)
May 27, 12:19 PM

Aug 2018
No doubt it's going to be a great show, I enjoyed a couple of chapters of the manga too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 20 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 18, 2021

9 by Tongmuan »»
Sep 25, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2021

14 by Tongmuan »»
Sep 25, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 183 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 22

8 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Sep 23, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 182 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 15

12 by Timeline_man »»
Sep 16, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 180 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 1

16 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Sep 12, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.