Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 11, 2010 12:37 AM

Feb 2009
Truly Satisfying Ending for a Great Series!
I'm looking for Arakawa's next work.

Jun 11, 2010 1:05 AM

Aug 2007
DarkRoseOtaku said:

i like how Ed confessed his feelings to Winry. lol it was cute.

This wasn't a confession, this was a proposal. :D
Jun 11, 2010 1:52 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I'm completely satisfied with the entire manga. :]

Jun 11, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2009
Probably the most satisfying ending to a manga i've ever scene. I totally teared up when Ed hugged Winry. It made me so happy.
Jun 11, 2010 2:12 AM

Nov 2008
Just read the english version and OMG!!! SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!

SAYONARA FMA!! T^T
Jun 11, 2010 2:25 AM

May 2008
So glad i've started reading this series. So glad i'm a fan. So sad it ended.

Awesome work, Arakawa-sama!
Jun 11, 2010 2:43 AM

Mar 2009
Everything was already said. So yeah, as most people hear I'm sad and happy to have such a good ending.
Plus, I like the fact that there is no years on Hohenheim's grave, as no one knows when he's born.

There is one thing that nobody talked about though...

In the pictures at the very end, the one with Winry, Ed, Al and May...
I believe they're both Ed and Winry babies. At least, they look more like them =D

The thing is : Hasn't May an uniform of the Central Army ? Could it be possible that she works in Amestris as a State Alchemist ?
ToadounetJun 11, 2010 3:25 AM
Jun 11, 2010 3:25 AM

Oct 2008

;___;

its over

;___;
waaaaaaah
Jun 11, 2010 3:33 AM

Nov 2008
I feel so sad it's the end.... FMA was my first manga ever, I've spend 6 years of my life with it...
Jun 11, 2010 4:03 AM

Oct 2008
Snowley said:
I feel so sad it's the end.... FMA was my first manga ever, I've spend 6 years of my life with it...

i spent 7 months reading it
lol
Jun 11, 2010 4:25 AM

Jul 2009
bah, I'm very dissapointed in this ending, very clichéd.
All in all it was still a decent read.
Jun 11, 2010 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe it. FMA is over. :'(
The ending was very very good!
It really made me cry!!!
Jun 11, 2010 4:57 AM

Sep 2009
mooglebot said:
Omg. I liked the ending. The only think it was missing was a MustangxHawkeye confession, which does make me a bit (very) angry, but still, he got his vision back, so it's not all bad.

What I loved most was the unbelievably awkward confesion from Ed and Winry.

End of a very good series, that I had over a years of great reading out of. Congratulations Arakawa. I'm eagerly anticipating the next work.

Haha i agree with the Hawkeye/Mustang thingie but once i think about it i cant picture them being all goofy and in love still a hug or just a smile would have been enough for me = /
Jun 11, 2010 4:59 AM

Jul 2008
ArnoldK said:
*Sets Fullmetal Alchemist manga to "Completed"*

*cries a little inside*
This - except I'm crying a lot, for real. I feel defeated just pushing that button. God damn it. I really want more. Here's to hoping she does a few more side stories in the FMA universe (Come on Roy/Riza fanservice!).

I'm a bit bummed about Ed losing his alchemy but I guess it's a fitting price to pay. ;___;

BEGINNER
Jun 11, 2010 5:01 AM
Apr 2010
That was an alright ending, but felt too rushed after father's defeat. Another chapter or two before the finish would have been great, and maybe more explanations about what happened to each character. The way it is, there's about a page to each character saying "X doing Y", "M goes to N" etc.
Jun 11, 2010 5:10 AM
Oct 2009
best manga ever!! m so gonna miss it since there is no more!!!
awesome ending!!!<3<3<3
Jun 11, 2010 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
so it has finally ended

WAAHH

it seemed very fitting, not too happy or over the top but not depressing either. whew..
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Jun 11, 2010 7:08 AM

May 2009
The ending might be a bit rushed and could have went on for a few more chapters to give each character their due but I'm fine with it. It's a shame it's over but "All good things..." My hat's off to Arakawa for a superb manga, the best I've read to date.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Jun 11, 2010 8:03 AM
Apr 2009
This was a great way to end this wonderful manga
Generic, yes...but who gives a fuck?! Sometimes that the best route
The fact that FMA is over is really pulling on my heart strings
*Cries like a lil bitch with people staring*

I just hope that the success of this manga does not go to Arakawa's head and she ends up messing up her next series

Way better than the first anime's ending!!! Shit cant wait for this to get animated!!!
Jun 11, 2010 8:36 AM

Sep 2007
I'm quite shocked now that I realise that it's over... Anyway, it was a brilliant final for a brilliant series, though I found the drawing a bit awkward at times. EdXWinry rules, loved their confession <3
FMA forever!

Jun 11, 2010 8:41 AM
Nov 2008
Awww, wasn't that cute, them hugging.
Nice enough of an ending, can put this down with a smile.

Jun 11, 2010 9:01 AM
May 2010
*tear*
its over! -.-

so sad
so father gets swallowed up by the door and ed loses his awesome alchemy powers that got me pretty bummed out but i guess its the only toll good enough huh
and then Van Hohenheim goes off to see his wife before dieing with a smile
WinryXEd Yay!~~~~~ lol at their proposal "Argh, why are alchemists like this? What kind of idiot are you going on about The Law of Equivalent Exchange? You really are dumb. You want half? I'll give you all of it." Goes on to fluster about other things lol
Ed and Al off on new journeys again and we get an update on everyone Wonder if there was any RoyXRiza? Lol at the puppies hinting at the future are we of RoyXRiza?
But yea its finally over *tear* no more agonizing waiting time and then being thoroughly Satisfied and blown beyond relief! -.- sigh now im going to have to live with this biig empty hallow void that comes from no more Full Metal Alchemist!

Well it was a good run! It was an awesome series!
FMA Forever!~~~~~~~
Jun 11, 2010 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
I really can't find right words to describe this chapter... amazing, fabulous, beautiful, touching... It is really great. Ed x Winry moment is beautiful, their confessions... i love it! <3 I was waiting for such a moment whole manga! I can't wait to see this moment in Brotherhood!
Ed can't use alchemy anymore! ;( When I was reading chapter I was talking to him: "Use the philosopher's stone, I beg you!".
I find it ironic, because the title is "Journey's end" but Ed and Al are staring their own journeys, right? ;)
"You will gain a irreplaceable full metal heart", huh? Arigato, Arakawa-san!
pszecJun 11, 2010 10:15 AM
Jun 11, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
Sad it's over, but it was such a great series! Loved Scars ponytail XD

Happy ending was happy, perhaps a bit too happy, but I liked it.
Best-manga-ever!
Jun 11, 2010 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
kennikitty said:
DarkRoseOtaku said:

i like how Ed confessed his feelings to Winry. lol it was cute.

This wasn't a confession, this was a proposal. :D

lol it was a confession/proposal xD
Jun 11, 2010 10:38 AM

Oct 2007
I loved the ending. I always love closure and knowing what happens with the characters after the series ends, so this was the perfect chapter for me.

Have to say that all looked really handsome after gaining a bit of weight and in his suit O_o

Especially loved the photo collage at the end of the episode, where you see Ed and Winry with babies, so cute ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jun 11, 2010 10:40 AM

Sep 2009
I thought the ending was really good. And how certain things played out was fitting and hilarious.
Jun 11, 2010 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
DAMNNN FMAAAAA ROCKZ !!!!!! ed huged winry in the end and they got married !!!!!! ROy can see finally .but wait a sec no alchemy,thats just like fma the movie ..EPIC ...EPIC..man i love u arakawa -sensei :)
u kick assss woman XD

FMA <3!!!! What's life without you?!!!

FMA-SUKIJun 11, 2010 11:19 AM
Signature deleted for exceeding the maximum size restrictions.

Jun 11, 2010 11:32 AM

Sep 2009
YES YES YES!!!! WIN ALL THE WAY!!!

I was holding my breath this past month hoping that all my predictions and hopes for the series would come true. I wanted Ed and Winry together, Al to get his body back, Scar to survive, Mustang to accomplish his dream, Mustang and Riza together, etc.

Almost everything was accomplished, only the Mustang x Riza didn't come true but I'm willing to accept that. As for everything else. Spot on.

I wasn't a huge fan of the whole Ed losing alchemy but in hind sight I think it's fine. It makes sense and doesn't really diminish him in anyway. I mean, he defeated Father with just his bare fists so he kicks enough ass already.

Seeing Al with Mei also made me happy. To know everyone got their lover makes me happy.

But out of everything that happened. Knowing that Ed and Winry got together was worth the wait. I was really scared they were going to do anything like they did in the Movie (conqueror of shambala) which, I know was unlikely, but that movie frustrated me in so many ways that it just haunted my thoughts constantly as a "what if". But nope. Arakawa-sensei is great and knows what he is doing. I can't wait to see what he does next (although, it's gonna be really hard to follow FMA with anything!). Anyone got any ideas on next projects?

Best Manga I've read so far. I will sincerely miss it. I wonder if FMA: Bros will follow it the same way. I would love to see all of this animated. So far it's all right.
Jun 11, 2010 12:13 PM

Apr 2008
After so many years entrenched in this story, I can't believe it's all over. Just what the hell am I supposed to do now?
Jun 11, 2010 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, that was a stunning conclusion.

Now I'm wondering whether we will get a "FMA After Story" or something, it really would be good!
Jun 11, 2010 3:12 PM
Oct 2008
one thing.. FMA <3
Jun 11, 2010 4:08 PM
May 2010
An incredibly satisfying ending to a great series. Alot of people are saying that it was stereotypical, but Arakawa is trying to say that people get what they deserve, good or bad.

Roy was not at fault for his loss of sight, so why would he remain sightless? Roy got back his vision for the country as well as a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of Ishvalans.

Ed beat truth and for that he deserved to have his brother back.

EdxWinry was bound to happen, it was heavily implied throughout the series.

As for AlxMei, it was an unexpected but suitable twist to the story.

I like scar's new look, him and Miles are basically like brothers.

Ling's haircut is cool too, it makes him look very powerful and wise.

How would you feel if everything was just loose ends? i'm sure alot more people would be angry at such an ending. Endings aren't meant to be epic.

All in all, a great series with a fitting ending. 10/10
Jun 11, 2010 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
Lame ... shitty chapter.

Goodbye forever crappy manga!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2010 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ride
Jun 11, 2010 5:33 PM

Jan 2010
Wait a minute, didn't Mustang say he wanted to get Havoc's legs back? He could have used the Stone on him instead of his eyesight. I would have preferred him staying blind, Havoc gets to walks, and become Fuhrer, while staying blind of course ( if they got robotic limbs i'm sure they could have gotten him contacts). Oh well...
Jun 11, 2010 5:40 PM

Jan 2010
punkster90 said:
Wait a minute, didn't Mustang say he wanted to get Havoc's legs back? He could have used the Stone on him instead of his eyesight. I would have preferred him staying blind, Havoc gets to walks, and become Fuhrer, while staying blind of course

I personally didn't like that Mustang got his eyesight back either. I think it would have been more epic for him to become Fuhrer *despite* being blind. You know, the whole overcoming all odds thing. And he would have had Hawkeye to support him the whole way (and even her name would've been even more symbolic--she'd be Roy's eyes). I thought this was what was going to happen, especially after ch 107 had such an awesome moment with Roy laying waste to Homunculus despite being blind, but with Hawkeye's help.
It's a small quibble at this point since I still loved the ending anyways, but it's something I would have done differently. It felt a bit cheap to have so many things magically made better for everyone.

Only other thing I would've changed is Greed separating from Ling. I thought that was a rather cool development in the story, and was a bit sad to see it negated right at the end. <shrugs>
Jun 11, 2010 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
punkster90 said:
Wait a minute, didn't Mustang say he wanted to get Havoc's legs back? He could have used the Stone on him instead of his eyesight. I would have preferred him staying blind, Havoc gets to walks, and become Fuhrer, while staying blind of course ( if they got robotic limbs i'm sure they could have gotten him contacts). Oh well...

Er, no, I think making artificial eyes is a little bit more difficult than a prosthetic limb.
Jun 11, 2010 8:18 PM

Nov 2007
Wow ... it's over O_O what a run it has been this manga has been amazing and I love the way it was ended, the ending with Winry was cute :3
Jun 11, 2010 9:03 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, it's over now...

The ending is just great, at the first I shed tears, screaming, laughing like a idiot, and then cry again.

Ed's proposal is just epic XD
Join our village, where we can have fun together.

Jun 11, 2010 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
thats a great ending it wrap it all up nicely and maybe there is a chance for a second season too with new characters as Homonculus like Pride still lives and that goal to revise the law of equivalent exchange
Jun 12, 2010 12:08 AM

Jun 2010
For a long time I've been wanting FMA to end just so I could know the ending.XD
But, now that it's over I'm kinda sad... Well, it was a good ride and I loved every minute of it! I hope Arakawa can write another manga like this.
Jun 12, 2010 12:30 AM

May 2009
I totally loved the ending!!!!! EDxWinry 4eva!!! Praise Arakawa-san!!! XD
Jun 12, 2010 4:33 AM

Jun 2007
I'm a sucker for endings like this.
Really enjoyable and honestly... There is nothing wrong with a happy ending every now and then.

Goodbye one of the greatest manga I have ever read. Now I think I'll start watching Brotherhood ^^ In order to enjoy it all over again.
Jun 12, 2010 5:23 AM

Sep 2009
As so ends one of the most epic manga's I've read T_T

And it really ends with a happy ending that suits everybody =D
Jun 12, 2010 5:53 AM

Nov 2008
GAWD!!! After reading the English Scanlation yesterday I got really really miserable... moreover... the date 11 June will always remind me the date FMA ended because that's the date of my sister's birthday!! What irony!

My experiences about FMA will always run in my memories forever!
Jun 12, 2010 7:37 AM

Sep 2006
Didn't expect Greed to go. I mean, after so many surprise moves on Father, I'd pretty much expected him to get through it unscathed. I like how Pride remains though. Out of all the sins, Pride is, by conventional definition, partially beneficial, and not all Sin.

Roy is like, super powered now. He saw the gate, didn't lose his eyes, and now is Fuhrer. Flame alchemy just by clapping. Heck, his atk power probably +9000 after seeing the gate. =)

Edward's exchange was a big surprise. Certainly it was a really huge exchange, in fact it's not equivalent. Edward's Alchemical Power allowed him to create so many things. In fact, at the very end, it was Alchemy that allowed him to trade the gate. So it's a loop, by right Edward should get back his gate too. Heheh. =P

I enjoyed how everything is wrapped up nicely. A good ending is not necessarily a cliff-hanger!! I remember how Zatch Bell ended with tons of unexplained stuff, was pretty irritated at the mangaka for a few weeks for that.

And we're gonna see it end again in 3 weeks time. I don't know whether to be happy or emo again. =|
Jun 12, 2010 8:57 AM

Aug 2008
Man, this was a great manga series that ended the way it should have ended. Apparently Winry and Ed end up together with some weird pick-up lines. Everyone's going their own ways with their own happy endings that they have truly earned along with the author of the story. I can not wait for Arakawa's next work.

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own... You will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2010 9:51 AM

Mar 2009
cardinal4 said:
Roy is like, super powered now. He saw the gate, didn't lose his eyes, and now is Fuhrer. Flame alchemy just by clapping. Heck, his atk power probably +9000 after seeing the gate. =)

Yeah, except that he's not Fuhrer ^^ Plus, his power was already huge. He can use his flame alchemy without having his gloves and any other kind of alchemy freely now.
Jun 12, 2010 11:02 AM

May 2010
Cholisose said:
punkster90 said:
Wait a minute, didn't Mustang say he wanted to get Havoc's legs back? He could have used the Stone on him instead of his eyesight. I would have preferred him staying blind, Havoc gets to walks, and become Fuhrer, while staying blind of course

I personally didn't like that Mustang got his eyesight back either. I think it would have been more epic for him to become Fuhrer *despite* being blind. You know, the whole overcoming all odds thing. And he would have had Hawkeye to support him the whole way (and even her name would've been even more symbolic--she'd be Roy's eyes). I thought this was what was going to happen, especially after ch 107 had such an awesome moment with Roy laying waste to Homunculus despite being blind, but with Hawkeye's help.
It's a small quibble at this point since I still loved the ending anyways, but it's something I would have done differently. It felt a bit cheap to have so many things magically made better for everyone.

Only other thing I would've changed is Greed separating from Ling. I thought that was a rather cool development in the story, and was a bit sad to see it negated right at the end. <shrugs>

True, I wonder why sensei decided to let greed die but let pride stay alive in his 'new' form. It'd be great actually if both Greed and Ling reigned over Xing lol
“My abusive language is alchemized through 40kg of copper, 25kg of zinc, 15kg of nickel, 15kg of ice that keeps my cool, and 97kg of pure spite” - Senjougahara Hitagi

Games Room's badge
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.