Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
This just looked like a recap...?
Apr 6, 6:06 AM
Oct 2014
second episode looks like a recap too :(
Apr 6, 6:32 AM
Aug 2019
Limi said:

The six first episodes will be a recap called „Memories“ the season starts on 4th May
Apr 6, 6:33 AM

Jun 2021
Database is saying it will be released in May, so I guess they are special episodes or summarized Episode of whole series
Yandere_@lover
Apr 6, 7:56 AM
Aug 2018
My hero was, once upon a time, a story with depth and interesting ideas. Though it has great detail, the overall plot is not too complex to remember, and thus opening with a full recap episode which then focuses on hype and action from multiple seasons ago, rather than summarizing the events leading up to the current time and giving the viewer a refresher of how we got here, shows just much much the actual story has devolved into surface-level evil versus good brawling. The signs of this were already visible a few seasons ago, and last season showed just how much the bar has dropped over time, so at this point I'm not expecting much anymore. I consider this a sunk cost, and at this point I am driven to watch solely by the stubbornness to see things through to the end.
Apr 6, 8:24 AM
Oct 2017
calling this "episode 1" 💀💀💀

and we already see people fuming about the recaps the official sources had been reannouncing and stating that it's gonna be a thing. Better to just think of the actual premiere to be in May. if you don't wanna watch recaps, don't watch recaps. You can blame MAL but if I see blaming Bones you're just dumb I'm sorry
Apr 6, 9:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to NatanaelAstra
Limi said:

The six first episodes will be a recap called „Memories“ the season starts on 4th May
@NatanaelAstra Thanks for the info!!! ;)
kekeke
Apr 6, 9:28 AM

Jan 2009
even the op and ed are old songs with old visuals edited in
Apr 6, 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
Apr 6, 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
this thread should be deleted since MAL already said the season starts in may 4 after all the recap episodes are done
Apr 6, 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
just skimmed through it and watch the op and ed that are old songs too
Apr 6, 9:45 AM
Apr 2023
Recap... But i really missed this anime, and remembering how goood some episodes used to be was nice
Apr 6, 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
Roberto_otreboR said:
STUPID EPISODE!!

Are we some kind of retards?! Does anyone suffer from Alzheimer's?

the series has been airing for eight years, so a recap before the final season isn't a horrible idea
Apr 6, 10:55 AM

Jan 2021
Cool recap tho one of the best episodes
Apr 6, 11:01 AM

Feb 2021
Omg it's the first OP, I love it ToT. I would've liked if Peace Sign (Season 2 OP1) played next episode, but that probably won't be the case.
I really like how they've structured this.
The fight with Muscular made me emotional again T_T
Really good recap imo. I'll definitely watch all the other ones too.
Apr 6, 11:14 AM
Jun 2023
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-04-02/crunchyroll-streams-my-hero-academia-season-7-on-may-4-compilation-special-on-april-6/.209487

This isn’t a part of season 7, it starts steaming on May 4, this is like a compilation special?
Apr 6, 11:22 AM
Jun 2023
I liked that there’s some new shots but it’s just recap…
Apr 6, 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
I was always impressed with the recap episode of MHA and how well they were done. This one didn't feel the same though. I got bored half way through and stopped watching.
Apr 6, 12:04 PM
Apr 2020
100% recap/filler material, something the world really don't need, I wasted precious lifetime on this
Apr 6, 1:05 PM

Mar 2019
I'm just going to watch it to inflate my Mal list haha.

Apr 6, 3:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Op must be confused by the certain website upload. So yeah this isn't the right thread to create first and idk what would happen here after xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 6, 4:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Reuse oped from the first season, i guess. Recap, mixing certain point of several season, ended up at the student camp incident point. Good enough time for those that willing to retrace back why you watch mha
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 6, 4:30 PM
May 2017
This is a recap, not an episode. Barely saw it, just scroled till the end, looking if there was something new (there was not)
Apr 6, 7:46 PM
May 2015
Recap episode, as expected.
Apr 6, 7:47 PM
Mar 2015
our boi is ready for the show to go on
Apr 6, 9:43 PM

Nov 2020
You should delete this thread, Season 7 hasn't started yet and these memory episodes are a separate thing entirely.
Are ya winning, diners?
Apr 6, 10:30 PM
Dec 2022
So the start of Season 7 looks like a recap or summary of what has gone past. Heard it will be a few of these before the actual start. Still not too bad if one wants the express recap version rather than go through the actual 6 seasons prior. Looking forward to the actual start of Season 7. Plus Ultra!

The recap is under the Memories title. So Season 7 is yet to start. Memories is all about recap of the previous 6 seasons.
SenseiSempai-sanApr 6, 11:18 PM
Apr 7, 12:02 AM

Dec 2018
almost felt like a recap but it was warranted and there was some new stuff too. I still got emotional at times.
Apr 7, 12:05 AM

Dec 2018
I get why people are upset but I thought it was well deserved...if it's true its going to be recaps until may then yes that's dissapointing. Maybe make the recaps an OVA?
Apr 7, 4:10 AM
Dec 2022
So the start of Season 7 looks like a recap or summary of what has gone past. Heard it will be a few of these before the actual start. Still not too bad if one wants the express recap version rather than go through the actual 6 seasons prior. Looking forward to the actual start of Season 7. Plus Ultra!

This is a recap under the Memories title. So Season 7 is yet to start. Memories is all about recap of the previous 6 seasons.
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Aug 2019
@Limi @StrikeAceRaiser It's been known for a while that season 7 wouldn't start until until May lmao

@StateofOhayo This isn't a part of season 7, this is it's own mini series consisting of 4 recap episodes. I don't see why making it an OVA and then releasing it after would be any better. This is just a series of recap episodes for anyone who hasn't rewatched the entire series

What is everyone complaining about? LOL This is not a part of season 7, they announced a while ago that season 7 wouldn't start until May. This is part of the Memories series made to recap anything that might be important for season 7. Why is everyone acting so disappointed? lmao just wait another month for the season to actually start and skip this series if you don't like recap episodes or if you just rewatched the whole show

Overall this was pretty enjoyable, definitely one of the better recap episodes I've seen. Not great, but not bad either. I desperately needed this though as I've been so busy with life and work and I just haven't had the time to sit down and rewatch everything. Again it's not perfect, but I'll take it

I also like how they decided to bring back the OP and ED from the first season, it's a nice touch!
AlkimiaApr 7, 9:02 AM
Apr 8, 5:50 AM
Jun 2007
Four recap eps, in time for 7th season.
Apr 8, 3:30 PM
Nov 2023
I didn't mind it at all, it was advertised as a recap and that was what the actual episode was. I've seen the show several times but it's always good to get reminded of what every character is thinking and how they react to one another. Overall it was a pretty good recap ngl.
Apr 9, 2:15 AM

Aug 2017
As good as a recap could be, this episode brought me to tears. Is it possible to feel nostalgic for something that happened so recently? The first season, to me, was just a few years ago, and I still... well I won't say "cry" but tears did drop from my eyes, when THE DAY started playing.

I also liked the fact that, given that we all remember the plot points from the last season, no deatails were kept under a spoilier warning.

Overall I see myself enjoying this recap. The actual 7th season should be amazing if Studio Bones needs this time to finish it.
Apr 12, 6:08 AM
Oct 2019
Ahhh i feel so nostalgic listening to the First OP and ED again man.
Back in the day when watching MHA was cool and not having a toxic fan base.

Watching Midoriya vs Muscular again was EPIC!!

I actually don't mind this recap, it's nice to refresh my memories before Season 7.

Hey it's actually better they doing it this way instead of recap at the beginning of every seasons first episode like what they did before, am i right?
davidyodo24Apr 12, 6:13 AM
Apr 13, 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Recap, quick recap of the first arcs!
Nice to do memory!!
kekeke
Apr 18, 7:05 AM
May 2021
Felt nostalgic hearing op1 again cant lie…
Apr 21, 2:54 AM

Nov 2012
nostalgic hearing the old OP
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 1, 7:30 PM

Jul 2016
Nostalgia hitting hard with this episode. Deku vs. Muscular was so goddamn good.
May 3, 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
I'm watching this recap because there's a lot I forgot but I'm enjoying rewatching it
May 6, 12:07 AM
Oct 2019
I don't even know what I'm going through right now and I probably have seen these scenes multiple times and already know the story but damn are these awesome. Was fighting the tears hard. I guess that's what I love about this anime. The ability to draw out emotion from me and make me believe in the characters and their fights. So much so that it gives me chills and actually makes me cry at times.
May 14, 1:04 AM
Apr 2023
Beautiful Charakters and a Masterpiece storyline
May 15, 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
I was expecting them to be boring recaps but this first episode was really good tbh. Made me excited and remember the time of when I first started My hero with that Bomb opening song.
May 19, 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
wonderful recap episode.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

May 24, 7:02 AM
May 2024
Why TF did this bnha:memories(recaps with 4 eps) exist in the 1st place?! This was the reason the cause why season 7 was cut down from 25 eps to 21 eps(25-4=21)😡🤬

More topics from this board

» Boku no Hero Academia: Memories Episode 04 Discussion

Yasminaa - Apr 27

6 by Yasminaa »»
May 25, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Memories Episode 3 Discussion

NaiSk8 - Apr 20

16 by ThisisMikuya »»
May 24, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Memories Episode 2 Discussion

InfinityDude88 - Apr 13

17 by ThisisMikuya »»
May 24, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Memories Episode 4 Discussion

NaiSk8 - Apr 27

15 by ThisisMikuya »»
May 24, 7:00 AM

» Uhhh this is a recap or what?

BigBoyAdvance - Apr 5

19 by Mattinator95 »»
Apr 13, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.