Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2010 2:04 PM

Apr 2009
FMA is easily the best shounen i've read/watched, although I haven't read One Piece(can you believe it?), well anyways episode definitely deserves 5/5 for me, it was truly epic even though I had already read it. Really nice to see it animated finally, was waiting for what seems like forever(even though it really was only a few months ago).
Jun 6, 2010 2:07 PM

Nov 2008
AnimeRules14 said:
Great episode they did mix some of the events around like ya'll sad...and the stuff that happened in this episode was amazing like it was in the manga. Next weeks episode is going to be great and the pain of waiting to see what happens next in the manga is not killing me anymore cause I already know what is going to happen but anyway some of the things in this episode were not as exciting as they were in the manga but they were still great :)

how could you possibly know what happens next in the manga? its not out yet i've checked for the raws ><
Jun 6, 2010 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .

Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.

I thought the episode was amazing, I'm an unabashed FMA Brotherhood/Manga fanboy.. but even for me the 9000 out of 5 thing was getting ridiculous. At least try to have SOME semblance of impartiality when it comes to putting up these polls.

That said, this episode was incredible:

1) "Guess what, Bradley... I can RE-FUCKING-CONSTRUCT!"

2) Ed HEADBUTTING Pride.

3) Izumi's giant crossbow.

4) May's shuriken thrown back at her... times 100.

5) Oh yeah, and Father actually activating the nationwide circle, opening the Earth's gate, and the souls of everyone in Amestris getting sucked out of their bodies. It's one thing to read it in manga, another to see it play out in outstanding animation.

Jun 6, 2010 2:16 PM
Sep 2009
suigetsu00 said:
how could you possibly know what happens next in the manga? its not out yet i've checked for the raws ><

This episode covers (I haven't seen it yet, so I'm guessing) up to chapter 104 of the manga. Chapter 107 was released last month, and chapter 108 (the final one) will be released in a week or so.

So he doesn't know *everything* that's going to happen, just what's going to happen in episode 61 and 62. (Assuming episode 63 is exclusively chapter 108.)
Jun 6, 2010 2:38 PM

Mar 2009
ArnoldK said:
5) Oh yeah, and Father actually activating the nationwide circle, opening the Earth's gate, and the souls of everyone in Amestris getting sucked out of their bodies. It's one thing to read it in manga, another to see it play out in outstanding animation.

Woah dude, spoilers! That said, this episode left me and my friend going "HUHWHAT?" with that slack-jawed look that just screams mindfuck.

In other words, it was amazing, and left me speechless. I'm getting pretty antsy for the end at this rate!
Jun 6, 2010 2:43 PM
May 2010
I think FMA has been too slow paced for like last 10 episodes or so and this was no exception. Too much fighting and too little real progress. Based on this thread I seem to be alone with my opinion so... well good for the series.

Gave it 3 out of 5. At least they finally got to the cliffhanger so that's some progress.
Jun 6, 2010 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Words can't describe how AWESOME last minutes were!

It could as well be the last episode with bad end and stuff :D
Jun 6, 2010 2:58 PM

Dec 2009
Yep, One Piece is the only one that tops FMA in terms of shonen epicness

The final arc of FMA is so top tier though it's right up there with the best of One Piece
Jun 6, 2010 3:02 PM
Jan 2010
Funny how she only said Ed's name and not Al's... -_- She said it twice too.
Jun 6, 2010 3:05 PM
Jan 2010
Overall all it was an EPIC episode - past epic....o_o I found myself screaming as soon as the end song started. MUST HAVE EP 61!
Jun 6, 2010 3:31 PM

Jan 2009
Wtf did I just witness? Weird.

And yeah, One Piece is in my opinion just as good as FMA:B. Both mangaka had things worked out years in advance. One Piece just has a lot of humor which FMA doesn't really have (some gags, yeah, but that's it).

They're really different.

I have to prevent myself from reading the manga now. I like watching an anime where I have no idea what's gonna happen. And if I read now I"ll get the same "stuck at cliffhanger" feeling :P
Jun 6, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
Epic WIN! But what happened to everyone. Not a happy ending?
Jun 6, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
ChainsawAsh said:
suigetsu00 said:

This episode covers (I haven't seen it yet, so I'm guessing) up to chapter 104 of the manga. Chapter 107 was released last month, and chapter 108 (the final one) will be released in a week or so.

So he doesn't know *everything* that's going to happen, just what's going to happen in episode 61 and 62. (Assuming episode 63 is exclusively chapter 108.)

Yea that is what i meant I don't know what is going to happen in the last episode cause the last chapter is not out yet...so sorry for some confusions :(
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Jun 6, 2010 3:45 PM

Apr 2010
The bad:

Man, Scar vs. Wrath was a let-down. You can't do that to me after such an epic staredown last episode, lol... on a side note, it finally dawned on me that that's why everyone made a big deal out of Scar's right arm: it only blows things up. "Reconstruction" is when you manipulate the environment to create new stuff like spikes out of rock. I feel like an idiot that it took me 60 episodes to understand this kind of stuff.

The good:

Finally, we see what's going on at Radio Capital. To my surprise, though, the fifty-man squad didn't just barge in like a SWAT team on crack. Kind of nice to see Denny again, though.

Greed popping up out of nowhere, whoa, I thought this dude was gonna end up saving the day in badass last-minute hero fashion, but... nope.

And the insane:

Was I seriously watching something out of End of Evangelion, a giant Rei, and Third Impact?
Was I seriously watching Father breaking and entering into Heaven and kidnapping God?
Was I seriously watching the end of the world?
What was I watching?
Jun 6, 2010 4:00 PM

Jan 2009
AICW said:
Greed popping up out of nowhere, whoa, I thought this dude was gonna end up saving the day in badass last-minute hero fashion, but... nope.

Yeah I forgot to say that. I had this feeling of "it's all over", then Greed popped up. Super awesome. And then he just kinda...quits? Sad.

I'm sure we'll see more of him soon.
Jun 6, 2010 4:19 PM

Feb 2010
That was pretty uber shtuff right there.

Greed was a bit of a let down he popped up and like the thing was he didn't do anything. father didn't even take the time to destroy him.

This was overall really good though. I'm so sad it's almost over :(

AHH WINRY SAYING ED MADE ME SQUEAL. lawlz i need help.
Jun 6, 2010 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
AnimeRules14 said:
ChainsawAsh said:
suigetsu00 said:

Yea that is what i meant I don't know what is going to happen in the last episode cause the last chapter is not out yet...so sorry for some confusions :(

lol xD not your fault....im the one that misread your post :P

Laquendi said:
I think FMA has been too slow paced for like last 10 episodes or so and this was no exception. Too much fighting and too little real progress. Based on this thread I seem to be alone with my opinion so... well good for the series.

Gave it 3 out of 5. At least they finally got to the cliffhanger so that's some progress.

it had happen eventually at the rate they were going they would have over taken the manga by now :P
Jun 6, 2010 5:01 PM
Jun 6, 2010 5:02 PM

Aug 2008
woow shit is about to go down!!
*badass mode activated*
Jun 6, 2010 5:27 PM

May 2008
We should invent a new word to describe FMA B.... epic, awesome, astonishing, magnificent, breathtaking, impressive, formidable, the most amazing anime series I have ever seen, are not enough.

Maybe it will be the ishvalians who will save the day.... that would be cool...

and wtf? cnaw !! that's not cool !!
TenoriJun 6, 2010 5:32 PM
Jun 6, 2010 5:42 PM

Feb 2009
KonekoAnni said:

Woah dude, spoilers! That said, this episode left me and my friend going "HUHWHAT?" with that slack-jawed look that just screams mindfuck.

Didn't think it was much of a spoiler, since we saw almost the same thing happen in episode 40 to Xerxes...

Jun 6, 2010 7:08 PM
Jun 2010
Damn! here I was thinking nothing could compare to the epicness of Gurren Lagann and then this series shows up, now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go ask Chuck Norris to invent an adjective that describes this show,
Jun 6, 2010 7:23 PM

Aug 2008
Phenomenal episode, that's all I have to say.

And the ending did seem like a mix of TTGL & End of Eva.

I am slightly disappointed that Scar vs Bradley didn't get to finish.
Jun 6, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
geyik said:
will somebody, please, tell me how any shounen may be any more epic than fma? it CONSTANTLY gets more and more epic o.O

NONE, this as epic as it gets, just give FMA the "best shounen of the millennium" award now, seriously this is as amazing as it gets.

Also, thanks cnaw for creating the thread early, I was getting tired of Fai's "unique" touch with the polls.
Jun 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
ArnoldK said:
KonekoAnni said:

Didn't think it was much of a spoiler, since we saw almost the same thing happen in episode 40 to Xerxes...

yeah dont get how thats a spoiler since we've seen it happen before

im looking forward too kodial and noteDhero's posts this week

i agree with people about the polls.....since these are last episodes i think we should do without the bashing polls
Jun 6, 2010 7:35 PM
Jul 2009
This is an episode that makes me remember why I keep my anime habit to myself. I found myself crying throughout the entire episode, it was (sorry for the cliche faggotry) an emotional roller coaster of feels good man. Episode 60 is on a different level, it's pure entertainment and I almost feel sadistic after watching this episode, I'm very tempted to go to the manga to see what happens, especially when I hear the final chapter comes out. I'll know to avoid these forums and just stick it out, spoilers will be abound and this shit's too good for that!

edit: thanks OP for the decent poll. Can we please just stop all the juvenile drama and have unbiased poll options? Sure, its been an amazing string of episodes lately but you're thinking is ass backwards if you think that people are trolling just because they don't like something that you do. You could almost say that you're the troll, Fai.
TalinthJun 6, 2010 7:39 PM
Jun 6, 2010 7:54 PM

Jan 2010
A little bit disappointed with the Scar vs Bradley fight, but hopefully the rest of it will be great. The whole transmutation thing though was just epic, done pretty much like it was in the manga.
Probably the only anime I've seen that's as epic as FMA is Gurren Lagann, but they're totally different from each other (FMA makes sense whereas TTGL doesn't lol).
The scene where Winry calls Ed's name was touching and is an example of why I like Brotherhood so much (Ed x Winry moments were much too rare in the original FMA)

Only 3 episodes left, gonna be sad when it finally concludes...
Jun 6, 2010 7:59 PM

Apr 2010
Some .gifs I found on GameFAQs.

Scar vs. Wrath

Everyone vs. Father

Fullmetal Evangelion

As for my rating of this episode... I'll let Bradley speak my mind.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7994/feelsgoodmanp.jpg

EDIT: If the .gifs cause the page to load too slowly, let me know and I'll edit this post.
Banshee-IVJun 6, 2010 8:02 PM
Jun 6, 2010 8:01 PM
Jul 2009
Ahahah, I very lightly referenced that in my post, I was wondering when someone would post that picture. I'm curious, is that a very literal translation or did the subbers have fun with that?
Jun 6, 2010 8:05 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, I edited it 'cuz it was stretching the page.

I'm pretty sure it was just TMD having fun. They admitted on their website that they translated this episode in just 80 minutes (!!!) so there are errors [the most noticeable one is when Ed and Al fight Pride, and Al's dialogue is translated as "We escaped?" when it obviously should be "He escaped?"]
Jun 6, 2010 8:11 PM
Sep 2009
epic episode, dayuuuum, when everyone was dying...it was too epic.

Winry's last words were Ed. How cute.
Jun 6, 2010 8:25 PM

May 2009
Oh, the futility. Time and time again Father ends up showing them that their resistance was useless from the start and the unexpected was completely expected. Pwned.

Oh Winry. What else is there to say?
Jun 6, 2010 9:53 PM

Apr 2008
woah .. so extreme o_o

Jun 6, 2010 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
those are some awesome GIFs AICW..thanks for em..
and eclipse are late (((((
Jun 6, 2010 10:39 PM

Aug 2007
Did Fai call someone a firstfag? lmao the irony

Anyway of all the retarded exaggerated polls I've seen this is the one that deserved it.
Jun 6, 2010 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
geyik said:
will somebody, please, tell me how any shounen may be any more epic than fma? it CONSTANTLY gets more and more epic o.O

TTGL is more EPIC ;D

About episode. It Was amazing!!!! I can`t wait for the next ep, this week will be a long long long......... week

Sorry for the bad english, i'm mexican xD
Jun 6, 2010 11:22 PM

Jan 2008
I can't believe that there's only three episodes left.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 6, 2010 11:45 PM

Jan 2008
I loved that scene with the music, it was really dramatic.

"FMA:B" is the word that people should use instead of "epic"
Jun 6, 2010 11:56 PM

Jun 2008
Kiiroi said:
"FMA:B" is the word that people should use instead of "epic"

QFT.

Awesome episode. Even though I knew what was going to happen, my heart was still pounding. This has gotta be the biggest Wham Episode of any series of all time.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 6, 2010 11:58 PM
May 2010
Scar vs. Bradley didn't dissapoint for me. And I love that fight.

Everything else was freaking awesome. I can't believe how far Brotherhood is. I was just reading 104 in February.

I was non-stop smiling throughout this episode. So full of win.

As others have said, Epic isn't epic enough of a word for what Fullmetal is.
Brotherhood needs a word that is beyond amazing.
Jun 7, 2010 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
I loved every min of this Ep but damn everyones dead smh

5/5
Jun 7, 2010 12:31 AM

Apr 2010
Also, maaaan... T-1000, eat your heart out. I know I keep talking about this, but the look on my face when the Godfather made a Glock with a frickin' smiley face on it was basically the look on the Armstrongs' faces in my avatar. This dude CAN make a weapon with

"moving parts and chemical reactions."

T-1000 can go sit in a corner and cry, I'll take the Godfather's powers any day, PLUS he can dodge any attacks by just becoming a blob on he ground. Just that scene has now made the Godfather one of my favorite anime villains ever when it comes to hamming it up. Yes, even better than Emperor Charles in Code Geass, as epic as Norio Wakamoto was.

THE Godfather >>> Emperor
Jun 7, 2010 2:49 AM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
SuperAnimeFan009 said:
geyik said:

One Piece comes close but the latest episodes and chapters have been boring

wat....did this guy in my quote just compare lame yarrrr-pirates of wan piss to epicness of fma?

*sigh*, kids these days...

Seriously dude, grow up, your comments always make me facepalm. There's no denying the beyond-epicness of the story of FMA, but FMA is the one that cannot compare to One Piece on characters and emotional level, so shut the hole.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the episode, this was on another level, seriously, not only is this some of the best animation I have ever seen in a TV series, but also an overdose of excitement! The only letdown (which wasn't really a letdown) was the Scar Vs. Bradley fight, which felt short. Can't freaking wait for the next episodes.
Jun 7, 2010 3:16 AM

May 2008
any ideas about how it will end?

I'm clueless ! They are all dead ! The Godfather ( I totally agree with AICW ) is undefeatable. I just can't see any way for them to win....
Jun 7, 2010 3:52 AM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:

Seriously dude, grow up, your comments always make me facepalm. There's no denying the beyond-epicness of the story of FMA, but FMA is the one that cannot compare to One Piece on characters and emotional level, so shut the hole.

Yes I am surely just too biased and too old to comprehend the epicness of rubber pirates turning badguys into good-guys by dbzing through the enemies with lame style attacks of FRIENDSHIP~

Its just my imaginaton that wan piss is nothing more than light-hearted comedy fight-fest with no ideas, emotions or atmosphere

Yay~

Its surely just my own lone biased and incorrect opinion that one piece is overrated thingy some guy makes up on the goo to get money and that wan piss can't compare to pre-planned and awesome storyline and characters of fma.

Considering I am talking with the guy who gave Naruto 9, that must certainly be the case.

Seriously One Piece is overrated homage to dbz stripped of any sort of comprehensive deep emotions. A homage that went on for way too long.

And that applies to all big three shonen manga, like Uwe Boll's Sasuke, M.Night Shaymalan's Bleach and Mr.Iwannamoney Wan Piss.
Jun 7, 2010 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
@veethorn , you can't compare 500+ chapters to 108 chapters . One piece is vast . And not just vast . . Its humoungously vast , wit more characters , and more emotional matter . Cmon , even naruto and bleach own fma on character level (mainly because of a huge cast , not that the characters are better or somethin )

@fai , you could have been a lot nicer wit your explanation mate
Jun 7, 2010 4:52 AM
Nov 2009
SUDDENLY one piece discussion in my fma:b sub-forum, srsly gtfo and take it in pm's or whatever

atleast keep it somewhat related ><
qwerty1337Jun 7, 2010 4:57 AM
Jun 7, 2010 5:03 AM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
Veethorn said:

Yes I am surely just too biased and too old to comprehend the epicness of rubber pirates turning badguys into good-guys by dbzing through the enemies with lame style attacks of FRIENDSHIP~

Its just my imaginaton that wan piss is nothing more than light-hearted comedy fight-fest with no ideas, emotions or atmosphere

Yay~

Its surely just my own lone biased and incorrect opinion that one piece is overrated thingy some guy makes up on the goo to get money and that wan piss can't compare to pre-planned and awesome storyline and characters of fma.

Considering I am talking with the guy who gave Naruto 9, that must certainly be the case.

Seriously One Piece is overrated homage to dbz stripped of any sort of comprehensive deep emotions. A homage that went on for way too long.

And that applies to all big three shonen manga, like Uwe Boll's Sasuke, M.Night Shaymalan's Bleach and Mr.Iwannamoney Wan Piss.

A fact-wannabe incorrect and unreasonable opinion of an anime you don't understand. Comparing it to the other shounens and a homage to DBZ? Lol? They don't even come close. And the argument of the guy-who-rates-this-anime-a-whatever? C'mon... I won't even discuss this here on a FMA episode discussion.

cnaw said:
@veethorn , you can't compare 500+ chapters to 108 chapters . One piece is vast . And not just vast . . Its humoungously vast , wit more characters , and more emotional matter . Cmon , even naruto and bleach own fma on character level (mainly because of a huge cast , not that the characters are better or somethin )

@fai , you could have been a lot nicer wit your explanation mate

I don't mean in that way... I mean the quality of the main characters, the bond of the crew. The detailed and emotional development of the characters Oda created are on a level that has a huge gap ahead of characters like the ones in Bleach, Naruto or even FMA. FMA is a story and plot driven anime, a superb one. One Piece is a character and emotional ride, filled with excitement and adventure.
VeethornJun 7, 2010 5:14 AM
Jun 7, 2010 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
^ Whoa!! now we're having a discussion on other shounen manga???

I will be the first to say that FMA is NOT my all time favorite manga, HOWEVER;

I can't deny the epicness, the originality, and overall the amazing story that Arakawa has created, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, YOU NAME IT, can't compare to this story.

THERE IS NO DISCUSSION, once chapter 108 is released I believe many will agree that FMA is the best there will ever be (in shounen anyways).
Jun 7, 2010 5:22 AM

Jan 2009
cool episode again BONES thank you
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.