Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2010 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
...nearly wet my pants.. D:
damn....
holy shit D:
sweating......
Jun 8, 2010 9:05 PM
Dec 2009
Another cliffhanger! DX
Omg, what happened to Winry? And they didn't even showed Armstrong this time, wonder why.
The narrator said in the end: "God" is an invention of those with nobody else to turn to.
Can't wait for 61 ._.

Jun 8, 2010 9:30 PM

Jan 2008
Holy crap.
Jun 8, 2010 9:51 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was just screaming End of Evangelion.
Jun 8, 2010 10:07 PM
Jun 2007
yaHzee said:
This episode was just screaming End of Evangelion.

Nah, this episode was out-of-this-world, but it was nowhere as surreal nor as bizarre as End of Eva.
Jun 8, 2010 11:00 PM

Jan 2009
There we go, Eclipse were slacking off~ =3=
Hah? What'd they do to the OP? Was there always a Truth-version of Winry? xD..

Anyway, Bradley vs. Scar is still so badass~
And the world wide transmutation.. No comment.

Now then, can we have some nuclear fusion? : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 8, 2010 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome! I'm all for planet-destroying entities! What a dammed epic cliffhanger at the end there too!
But umm... I'm assuming there's not really a "God" being in the story, right? The voice-over narrator at the end sounded very convincing there for a second, but then again, it wasn't really canon though. But if true, in FMA, God's merely a "system" then? Hmm.
Jun 8, 2010 11:23 PM

May 2008
I know this was supposed to be epic and all, but I just couldn't feel it. It's probably because I watched the second Evangelion movie the other night. That was so epic that I was sweating and standing up sitting down squirming in my seat and, even though that was only the midpoint of the Rebuild and this is nearing the finale of Brotherhood, opening the gate to God here just seemed lackluster in comparison. Maybe because it wasn't specifically focalized?

It was also a lot more tame than I was expecting, as, from last week's preview, I thought the country was going to straight up die when the ring activated (though undoubtedly to be saved somehow later), but it seemed more like an exaggerated faint. Going back to focalization, I could have more agony on the part of the heroes and shots from their perspectives. I did like the inclusions of the living Hughes and Rockbells in the destruction montage though.
chicanerousJun 8, 2010 11:41 PM
Jun 8, 2010 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Well , if bones had money from selling the same crap over and over again . Then i guess even they'd have it in them to MAKE MOVIE RENDITIONS of stuff and milk the franchise till eternity (and make somethin look flashy and stuff ).
you can't compare a movie adaptation to a weekly anime . The budget is limited , human resources are limited as well .
Any movie for that matter would give me an epic feel over a 25 minutes weekly episode .
For example , shamballa gave me the epic feel which fma 1 did not . (mind you , fma1 had a better story)
Jun 8, 2010 11:43 PM

May 2008
yea well erm uhhh yea haha uhhh yea =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 8, 2010 11:52 PM

Nov 2007
is it just me or with this episode i am paused to give it a 4 and break my personal 5s record?

Didn't really enjoy the episode, i guess i just wont vote until i see next episode, giving it a 4 somehow will hurt.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 8, 2010 11:59 PM

Nov 2007
Also, Final episode is on 4th June? WTH? they changed it to a 64 episodes long anime instead of 63.

Check this!!
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2010 12:01 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
DAMMIT I CAN'T THINK OF A COHERENT SENTENCE THAT CAN EXPLAIN THE STATE OF AMAZEMENT I'M IN RIGHT NOW.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jun 9, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
shanimebib said:
Also, Final episode is on 4th June? WTH? they changed it to a 64 episodes long anime instead of 63.

Check this!!

you make it sound like as if its a bad thing .
Jun 9, 2010 12:05 AM
Sep 2009
shanimebib said:

This has been confirmed for a few days now, hasn't it?
Jun 9, 2010 12:09 AM
Jul 2009
So thaaat's what squaring the circle looks like.
Jun 9, 2010 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
cnaw said:
shanimebib said:

Check this!!

you make it sound like as if its a bad thing .

Was away from the internet for a while, and [Eclipse] guys were having a post exam celebration hangover (and thus the delay).

Yeah, it looks bad to me, indecisive things always ruin a show, and this could be the last thing i ask for an anime i loved so much thus far. this is the first time i didn't see the raw and i waited for [Eclipse]. Somehow i thought it was dragged a bit, would have loved to see Scar putting an end to Bradley, overall, the series was excellent, but still somehow i felt a bit hollow, may be because its nearing the end, which i don't want, but again, changing the length this late seems a bit odd, and hopefully they were well aware of this beforehand and just wanted to give us a surprise (this better be it)

also, i would rather see a full length movie in coherence with the manga than requiring an extra episode to cover the chapters. well thats my opinion only :/
shanimebibJun 9, 2010 12:17 AM
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2010 12:28 AM

May 2008
cnaw said:
Well , if bones had money from selling the same crap over and over again . Then i guess even they'd have it in them to MAKE MOVIE RENDITIONS of stuff and milk the franchise till eternity (and make somethin look flashy and stuff ).
you can't compare a movie adaptation to a weekly anime . The budget is limited , human resources are limited as well .
Any movie for that matter would give me an epic feel over a 25 minutes weekly episode .
For example , shamballa gave me the epic feel which fma 1 did not . (mind you , fma1 had a better story)

If this was in any way a response to me, keep in mind that my first point was that any inadequacy I felt existed on FMA's part was primarily to due to watching NGE in proximity, not that this episode was necessarily less than epic in itself -- though there are certain elements that I would have liked to see done differently, as I believe doing so would have heightened its emotional impact further.

And, yes, I recognize that there's a difference between what a full length feature film and a television episode are able to do.
chicanerousJun 9, 2010 12:51 AM
Jun 9, 2010 12:32 AM

Aug 2007
I'm so glad I waited a measly extra day for Eclipse's version. I don't get why people felt the need to go with TMD for such a short delay. You lowered the experience for yourselves. Oh well.

I was expecting the Bradley-Scar fight to end this episode. I guess that'll be next episode. The pacing is nice though. I guess they're leaving the final episode to cover the last manga chapter. It's going to be an extra long chapter this month, so either they'll use all of episode 64 for it, or the last part of 63 and finish it off in 64.

I can't wait for the chapter release. I find myself checking every day for it on mangastream.
Jun 9, 2010 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
brass2themax said:

I can't wait for the chapter release. I find myself checking every day for it on mangastream.

Okay this is a much better news, from ANN

"64th, the final episode of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series will air on July 4 (Sunday) in Japan. The episode will match the final chapter of the manga, which will be published in the July issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine on Friday."

So the Manga will be available on 2nd of July (Friday), TV series will end in 4th (Sunday). Now thats something to look up to. now i can easily rest assured that the ending will be great!

/me is relieved. whew.
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2010 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
@chicanerous . . I get your point .

@shanimebib . . Have you read the manga recently . Have you seen the length of the chapters . Each chapter from now on is 60pages+ in length . This is the best thing bones could have done .
P.S . The last chapter has more than 80 pages . Hence , the 64 episode count makes sense :)
Jun 9, 2010 12:52 AM

Apr 2007
fanoultimatev2 said:
Wait a sec... am i watching FMA? for a moment i though it was End of Evangelion, lol
anyways, epic episode

Thats what I thought too. :D
Blergh.
Jun 9, 2010 1:16 AM
Jun 2010
Anyone know the name of the sad song playing when "father" opens those eyes in the sacrifice's stomachs and the hands reach out of their stomachs?
Jun 9, 2010 1:33 AM

Sep 2008
Fun episode I guess. Guess I wasn't not in the mood for FMA when I was watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2010 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
oh and here comes the obligatory 1/5 vote~

I thought the guy gave up already :<
Jun 9, 2010 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
there will always be a troll. That's the rule of the nets
Jun 9, 2010 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
Darklight0303 said:
there will always be a troll. That's the rule of the nets
That's the rule if the series in question is moderately popular or more than that, since there're those unpopular ones (that are really good, some of them) but no one knows about, and there're no 1/5-trolls there : D
Uhm. Yeah, /random
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 9, 2010 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
cnaw said:
@shanimebib . . Have you read the manga recently . Have you seen the length of the chapters . Each chapter from now on is 60pages+ in length . This is the best thing bones could have done .

unfortunately no lol, but yeah, like i said, since the manga will be serialized on the first friday issue of July, i can totally understand that the anime couldnt have a better ending date just on the first sunday of july.

brotherhood is still my fav anime, and i hope it remains there, the only anime to ever get into my top 10 while still ongoing :)

may be i wasnt in a proper FMA mood, as i watched it after coming home from the uni with a tired day. may be a rewatch will do me a good job, will do that this weekend :)

well its not like anything new, i have seen almost all the episodes more than once already :D
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2010 4:31 AM

Mar 2010
YoshiBoshi said:
TJax said:

XD
Yeah...I fucking lol'd.

HAHAHA, HILARIOUS :D:D

I cant explain what I felt these last 5 minutes. Oh well , I can only that the Father is ugly as hell . O _ O

I dont know how im going to live on when FMA ends ... seriosly ,
My mom said im special . ~*
Jun 9, 2010 5:50 AM

May 2009
"Feels good, man", come on people that's old; although I still use it from time to time.

And thus, for the first time, humanity knew despair... Quote from Gantz, I thought it fit quite well with the ending of this episode. Also, MIND=BLOWN.
Jun 9, 2010 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Feels good man = TMD VERSION
I'm astounded = ECLIPSE VERSION
Jun 9, 2010 6:01 AM

Feb 2009
OH... MY... (giant eye) GOD! Evangelion + TTGL ending!

They better not explain that giant eye and the solar eclipse as someone looking through a microscope...
Jun 9, 2010 6:09 AM

Jun 2009
Speechless....I can't say anything after I watch this episode......it's EPIC!!

Jun 9, 2010 6:28 AM

Sep 2008
meh ep was nothing special. Read it before and thought it was a poor chapter so of course the anime does nothing to make it better.

The whole god thing just does not sit well with me. My least favorite part of the series. 2 out of 5
MephzJun 9, 2010 6:32 AM
Jun 9, 2010 7:34 AM

Jan 2010
ハイファック!
Jun 9, 2010 7:45 AM

Sep 2009
yun90 said:
Speechless....I can't say anything after I watch this episode......it's EPIC!!

^

It's the same with me XD
Jun 9, 2010 7:55 AM

May 2009
O-M-G I can't imagine how epic this series is i'm speechles.
It's soo epic that it makes me cry XD
ShoryuukenJun 9, 2010 8:00 AM
Jun 9, 2010 8:11 AM

Apr 2008
Last 5 minutes of this episode reminded me of The End of Evangelion movie. The way that father got bigger and interacted with sun/moon and stuff. Well I think this is totally epic, yet not completely original.
Jun 9, 2010 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
Zilpzalp said:
Oh god, this was TOTALLY bad. Garbage. What the fuck is with this over-the-top shit? It doesn't suit FMA:B at all, totally made it irrealistic.

I really fear that the ending will turn out to be total garbage

i hope (for your sake) you eat your words once the final battle concludes . All he's done is use up the entire population of amestris , to pull TRUTH down to earth .
What did you expect him to do wit the power obtained from the souls of 50 million people , Extend his IMMORTALITY . Ha ha ha .
Fma has always involved truth . . So whats over the top if truth gets overpowered .
Jun 9, 2010 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
Zilpzalp said:
Oh god, this was TOTALLY bad. Garbage. What the fuck is with this over-the-top shit? It doesn't suit FMA:B at all, totally made it irrealistic for me, even in the world where FMA:B is in.

I really fear that the ending will turn out to be total garbage after 59 great episodes which I enjoyed to the fullest. The plottwist better be good.

How is this over-the-top? How could you not have been expecting this forever now?
Jun 9, 2010 8:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Dangerr said:
Zilpzalp said:
Oh god, this was TOTALLY bad. Garbage. What the fuck is with this over-the-top shit? It doesn't suit FMA:B at all, totally made it irrealistic for me, even in the world where FMA:B is in.

I really fear that the ending will turn out to be total garbage after 59 great episodes which I enjoyed to the fullest. The plottwist better be good.

How is this over-the-top? How could you not have been expecting this forever now?
Indeed. Everything else was probably realistic to you, too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2009
Zilpzalp said:

Yes, it totally doesn't suit the series at all... except for something -very- similar happening about 20 episodes ago in Xerxes.

So what did YOU expect them to do with a countrywide transmutation circle?

Seriously, with a fricking NATIONWIDE transmutation circle, whatever happens is -going- to be huge and catastrophic. With 59 episodes of epic setup, with setting up the "Promised Day" and all that, anything less than what happened would be anticlimactic.

Jun 9, 2010 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. The apocalypse has come.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 9, 2010 10:12 AM

Oct 2007
LOL someone was trying to say FMA series was realistic until this episode? His logic is epic in itself. I couldn't agreed more.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 9, 2010 11:21 AM

Nov 2008
shanimebib said:
brass2themax said:

Okay this is a much better news, from ANN

"64th, the final episode of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series will air on July 4 (Sunday) in Japan. The episode will match the final chapter of the manga, which will be published in the July issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine on Friday."

So the Manga will be available on 2nd of July (Friday), TV series will end in 4th (Sunday). Now thats something to look up to. now i can easily rest assured that the ending will be great!

/me is relieved. whew.

wait i just realized something....doesnt the july issue always come out in june?
Jun 9, 2010 11:38 AM
Sep 2009
Yeah, the final chapter of the manga (108) is coming out in like 2 days. Heh.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the final chapter will be split over episodes 63 and 64, with 63 also including the end of chapter 107.
Jun 9, 2010 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
ChainsawAsh said:
Yeah, the final chapter of the manga (108) is coming out in like 2 days. Heh.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the final chapter will be split over episodes 63 and 64, with 63 also including the end of chapter 107.

lol yeah thats what most manga readers think :)
Jun 9, 2010 12:36 PM

May 2007
Holy shit... what just happened?! o___o

I dont even... Just... holy crap. v___v

Jun 9, 2010 12:46 PM
Jan 2010
Uh...
what the hell?

That was some real crazy shit man.
Jun 9, 2010 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. I thought the whole thing with the giant father reaching up to the giant eye in the sky was pretty lame, but I guess since I'm still expecting for Hoenheim's plan to take action (the reverse circle), I just don't feel like the big struggle has come yet. May being proactive while Ed and Al stood there like furniture was pretty cool though...even if she was quickly cut down.

Again, I just felt like things went too slowly just so that the shot of Father reaching for the door could be the cliffhanger.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.