Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 60 Discussion


Jun 7, 2010 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
LMAO I never realised that Father is now indeed Godfather. XD

Now now, this is an FMA forum. One Piece, Bleach and Naruto have other forums. Go there if you want to talk about them so much.

If I ever make a dictionary...

epic= noun, lengthy narrative poem; adjective, FMA:B episode 60
 
Jun 7, 2010 7:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 347
A few things I really liked:
- Bradley vs Scar battle, very intense!
- Mei's part in trying to fight, she's totally not represented enough at all
- the Gate, oh, this is really really good. I was wondering how do you draw something so weird from the manga, and this is done perfectly! Father's voice gives me the creeps!

Bad thing:
- Scar's reconstruction tattoo was badly introduced. It had like 10x more significance in the manga. I suppose Bones was running out of time, so they had to squeeze it in with the Gate opening stuff.

It's not an epic episode considering what we had in the past arcs, pacing felt kinda weird, too many insignificant things happening [Greed's struggle, Hoenheim's last ditch explosion, explanation of Pride's deterioration], but the animations pretty good, yay.
 
Jun 7, 2010 7:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2974
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .



Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.


I would have to agree with this.

Seriously, I was looking to vote for an Over 9000 episode for the first time because this time it truly deserved it compared to previous episodes.

Can't handle too much epicness on the episode.
 
Jun 7, 2010 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 779
-Quasar said:
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .



Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.


I would have to agree with this.

Seriously, I was looking to vote for an Over 9000 episode for the first time because this time it truly deserved it compared to previous episodes.

Can't handle too much epicness on the episode.


God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Jesuvius said:
-Quasar said:
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .



Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.


I would have to agree with this.

Seriously, I was looking to vote for an Over 9000 episode for the first time because this time it truly deserved it compared to previous episodes.

Can't handle too much epicness on the episode.


God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.


Oh but you see....its BETTER than perfect :) better than best.

And I do not bash dbz. DBZ will always have an important place in my heart, as well as the memes it grew out.
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 779
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
-Quasar said:
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .



Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.


I would have to agree with this.

Seriously, I was looking to vote for an Over 9000 episode for the first time because this time it truly deserved it compared to previous episodes.

Can't handle too much epicness on the episode.


God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.


Oh but you see....its BETTER than perfect :) better than best.

And I do not bash dbz. DBZ will always have an important place in my heart, as well as the memes it grew out.


Yeah after posting I decided to check out your anime list, I'm surprised to say we score things quite evenly. Although your score for DBZ could be higher :P But why the hell is FMA:B scoring only a 7 huh? :P
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2974
Jesuvius said:
God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.

Epic is an overused and understatement to even compare to this episode, and no that wasn't not intended to bash DBZ, seriously? is there something on my comment (except that repetitive meme I used) that can be related or considered as a ridicule or mock on DBZ? :/
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Jesuvius said:
Fai said:
Jesuvius said:
-Quasar said:
Fai said:
cnaw said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Father has accumulated all the sacrifices in his lair , what is his plan ?The final battle continues :)

The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .



Congrats firstfag, for you just destroyed the thread for the most important episode and most epic episode of the series.

generic poll is generic.

Seriously, I am disappoint.


I would have to agree with this.

Seriously, I was looking to vote for an Over 9000 episode for the first time because this time it truly deserved it compared to previous episodes.

Can't handle too much epicness on the episode.


God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.


Oh but you see....its BETTER than perfect :) better than best.

And I do not bash dbz. DBZ will always have an important place in my heart, as well as the memes it grew out.


Yeah after posting I decided to check out your anime list, I'm surprised to say we score things quite evenly. Although your score for DBZ could be higher :P But why the hell is FMA:B scoring only a 7 huh? :P


Did not update the scoring ever since the ishval flashback got butchered. By that time this anime was worth equally 7(considering they took a volume of storyline and put into one episode)
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 779
-Quasar said:
Jesuvius said:
God really? 5/5 = 100% = perfect. Rating it a 5/5 already lets us know you thought it was epic.

And on the same matter, for someone who bashes DBZ and it's likeliness, "it's over 9000!" is an interesting way of saying something is awesome.

Epic is an overused and understatement to even compare to this episode, and no that wasn't not intended to bash DBZ, seriously? is there something on my comment (except that repetitive meme I used) that can be related or considered as a ridicule or mock on DBZ? :/


No no, the DBZ thing wasn't aimed at you. And seriously, you think the word "epic" is an understatement? An understatement to a 20-minute anime episode? It was epic, but that sure as hell isn't an understatement. I don't see the added value of saying "9000/5"
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2974
Jesuvius said:
And seriously, you think the word "epic" is an understatement?

Yes

Jesuvius said:
An understatement to a 20-minute anime episode? It was epic, but that sure as hell isn't an understatement. I don't see the added value of saying "9000/5"

"Epic" is an overused hyperbole in every anime thus I don't think an overused and recycled hyperbole is worth comparing to this episode, but that's just me. If you think otherwise then you don't it's that simple.
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/

amber has always been accurate . And this was also confirmed by gangan . As gangan doesn't have a history of trolling its readers :) So this news is safe .
Modified by lafuria_sux, Jun 7, 2010 9:23 AM
 
Jun 7, 2010 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
cnaw said:
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/


sounds like 63 and 64 will be 108 :)
 
Jun 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5215
cnaw said:
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/
Is this a reliable source? If it is, then that solves the problem of how they will do the last episodes which has been bothering us for some time.
 
Jun 7, 2010 9:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
belatkuro said:
cnaw said:
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/
Is this a reliable source? If it is, then that solves the problem of how they will do the last episodes which has been bothering us for some time.


Amber has always been accurate when it comes to this stuff.

 
Jun 7, 2010 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6
fanoultimatev2 said:
Wait a sec... am i watching FMA? for a moment i though it was End of Evangelion, lol
anyways, epic episode

This.

Also: Mind=blown.
 
Jun 7, 2010 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 221
All those hands coming from the ground reminded me of a childhood incident where I opened a jam container and it was all moldy x.x GROSS
 
Jun 7, 2010 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Wow! You aren't allowed to end a episode with a cliffhanger like that!
 
Jun 7, 2010 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 278
This series is on the top of the epic mountain!

A 64th episode would be nice....
 
Jun 7, 2010 12:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
It was awesome, but I still thought last episode was better. It probably would have been more epic if the preview of this episode hadn't shown/spoiled that father's plan would succeed (red lines coming out of earth)
 
Jun 7, 2010 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 80
Wow, another amazing episode, another huge cliffhanger. Was completely caught off guard with Scar being able to use reconstruction.
 
Jun 7, 2010 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 362
Feels Good Man!
Alittle mod...
Modified by Blaz, Jun 7, 2010 1:04 PM
 
Jun 7, 2010 12:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 159
The anime that is airing after FMA:B starts on July 11, so it would only make sence if FMA:B ended on July 4th.

This is awesome! ! !
 
Jun 7, 2010 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 370
I hereby declare that "FEELS GOOD MAN" is now the official motto of FMA Bro'hood.

"Hey, should I watch FMA Bro'hood?"
"Yeah of course, it FEELS GOOD MAN!"

"What did you think about the latest episode of FMA Bro'hood?"
"It FEELS GOOD MAN!"

"Who's the hottest girl in this show?"
"I dunno, it FEELS GOOD MAN!"

Also: ED-butt:



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Jun 7, 2010 1:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 102
SuperAnimeFan009 said:
The anime that is airing after FMA:B starts on July 11, so it would only make sence if FMA:B ended on July 4th.

This is awesome! ! !


I believe it's confirmed now that FMA:B will have 64 episodes.

Everyone here seems to take that as chapter 108 being episodes 63 and 64, but I have a feeling that episode 63 will be the last quarter/half/whatever isn't in #62 of 107, then the first quarter or so of 108, with 64 finishing out 108.

My current guess:

61 = remainder of 104 (like 3 pages) + all of 105
62 = all of 106 + the beginning of 107
63 = remainder of 107 + beginning of 108
64 = remainder of 108, possibly an extended-length episode (if the chapter 108 = 150 pages rumor is true)
 
Jun 7, 2010 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
The last chapter is above 100 pages . . So having an extra episode makes sense .

IT FEELS GOOD MAN . . :)
 
Jun 7, 2010 2:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 50
I'm surprised how little people have seen the similarity to 'End of Evangelion', It's so similar. That being said, best episode yet, I don't think that the last few episodes will be as good; anime series often have similar endings unfortunately.
 
Jun 7, 2010 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 106


........
Modified by _Vincent_, Jun 8, 2010 2:00 PM
 
Jun 7, 2010 2:51 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2773
fanoultimatev2 said:
Wait a sec... am i watching FMA? for a moment i though it was End of Evangelion, lol
anyways, epic episode


My thoughts exactly. First think i said at irc was " Guys wtf 3rd impact happened at FMA :/"
 
Jun 7, 2010 3:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5141
The Third Impact finally happenned on FMA. And it was fucking epic, with more quality action and developments than in any other episode of both series. It was kind of overwhelming.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Jun 7, 2010 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1275
Anybody else feel sorry for Bradley's wife?
Poor woman.:(

Mei was way out of her depth, I know she's only trying to help (and is in it for herself), yet it's a pitty she knows soo little about what's going on.

I love how Bradley is still standing, dispite all he's been through that day, he puts the young shounen fighters to shame.
Izumi was ace too, this is why I love FMA, characters over 20 aren't past it.

Dispite taking Gluttony's stone, Pride seems to be deteriorating quickly.

I actually miss the 'over 9000', that best describes thi episode!

 
Jun 7, 2010 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
TJax said:


XD

I lol'd SO hard at this.
 
Jun 7, 2010 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22614
cnaw said:
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/

amber has always been accurate . And this was also confirmed by gangan . As gangan doesn't have a history of trolling its readers :) So this news is safe .


WHOA!!!

That's huge news, my fears of FMA ending in a cliffhanger, and having to wait for a movie/OVA was killing me.

I truly hope this is 100% true, if so this just made my day, chapter 108 is only days away from being released, I heard that there are some people who already know how it ended, but I'll wait until I get to read the complete chapter for myself.

Either way, June 12 should be an incredible day, chapter 108, and hopefully USA beats England.
 
Jun 7, 2010 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
alexcampos said:
cnaw said:
u ppl should stop discussing about polls/dbz and stick to fma brotherhood ep 60...
and ive got news...fma brotherhood's episode count has increased from 63 to 64.....im really happy)))))))))))))))

source http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/

amber has always been accurate . And this was also confirmed by gangan . As gangan doesn't have a history of trolling its readers :) So this news is safe .


WHOA!!!

That's huge news, my fears of FMA ending in a cliffhanger, and having to wait for a movie/OVA was killing me.

I truly hope this is 100% true, if so this just made my day, chapter 108 is only days away from being released, I heard that there are some people who already know how it ended, but I'll wait until I get to read the complete chapter for myself.

Either way, June 12 should be an incredible day, chapter 108, and hopefully USA beats England.


i found 60 spoiler pages for 108 lol
 
Jun 7, 2010 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
Please don't post any kind of manga discussions posts here . There are some manga readers who aren't spoiling themselves until the scanlations come out . I've seen almost all the preview pics too . But pls . Don't discuss it here .
About the similarity wit nge , i'm surprised to see you ppl see the similarity now .
Remember , when izumi and olivier were interrogating that bearded military guy in central , he leaks father's plan out .
Wasn't it similar to the human instrumentality project . .

and here is the 60th episode (480p)
[EkatEmina][TMD-Raze]Fullmetal_Alchemist_2:_Brotherhood_Episode_60.avi
I BELIEVE this is 480p.
http://www.zomghacks.com/dl/3f51b05f/

DAMN ECLIPSE :(
Modified by lafuria_sux, Jun 8, 2010 5:15 AM
 
Jun 8, 2010 2:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3301
The episode was the headbutt episode! They all have it, but FMA made it double!
 
Jun 8, 2010 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 70
Oh i want to watch.
Please eclipse faster :(
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!


 
Jun 8, 2010 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 241
This is a very good episode. Shit is now full force hitting the fan.
 
Jun 8, 2010 6:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 260
HAHAHA, New internet meme FMA edition.

How do you think how they will end FMA:B?

I dunno, but it will feel good, man!

:D
 
 
Jun 8, 2010 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 586
Lilgnomy said:
HAHAHA, New internet meme FMA edition.

How do you think how they will end FMA:B?

I dunno, but it will feel good, man!

:D


"Feels good, man" has been a popular quote on the intertubes for years. The subbers felt like being fags jokers and inserting it into that segment.
 
Jun 8, 2010 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 800
Bit delayed watching this but OMFG what an epic episode, or at least those last 5minutes sent chills of awesomeness down my spine =O
Think I'll stop watching it here though and set it as completed, since the series can't possibly end any better than this ;D
 
Jun 8, 2010 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 88
Ok, I had enough waiting for Eclipse, i watched [TMD-Raze], I couldn't wait for it any longer.

FEELS GOOD, MAN!
I lol'd

I was speechless at the end of the episode, it was really sad how everyone's soul was sucked into the gate :<
After the series finishes I'm going to read the manga for sure :p
 
Jun 8, 2010 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
EternalDreamer said:
Bit delayed watching this but OMFG what an epic episode, or at least those last 5minutes sent chills of awesomeness down my spine =O
Think I'll stop watching it here though and set it as completed, since the series can't possibly end any better than this ;D


lol your joking right? lol but just trust me if keeps the manga intact without moving anything in the last 4 eps around......they will some of the best in the series :)
 
Jun 8, 2010 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 132
it was just aweeeesommeeee!! i was left with my mouth open :-0
i can't w8 for the next one!!!!but seriously Ed and the others couldn't be in a worse situation....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 8, 2010 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
I agree wit suigetsu , if handled well , the next episodes are gonna top this one , fa sure .

Well , when i visited eclipse's website , i couldn't see any release on its homepage . Any idea , about what has been up wit them .
Where's shanimebib when you need him the most . .
Modified by lafuria_sux, Jun 8, 2010 11:41 AM
 
Jun 8, 2010 11:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1309
so...

everything they did in the last 59 episodes was... useless ? Father ending up doing what he wanted XD

 
 
Jun 8, 2010 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 321
I can"t say anything this thing blow up my mind xD
By the way do I imagine things or the show had increased one episodes ???
 
Jun 8, 2010 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 586
FisherMan said:
I can"t say anything this thing blow up my mind xD
By the way do I imagine things or the show had increased one episodes ???

It was just recently announced that there will be a 64th episode. Rejoice.
 
Jun 8, 2010 5:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 222
Eclipse is out!
Finally I'll be able to watch this episode T_T
 
Top
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »