Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 16, 2008 5:27 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uh... what? New Captain?

I'm expecting him to die at the end of the fillers then.
Apr 16, 2008 5:33 PM
Nov 2007
Ah, beat me by 5 minutes. Anyway, not too bad an episode, although the way they broke up the action did seem to slow the episode down somewhat. We got some insight into how Menos are formed, as well as how Grimmjow became himself and met his squad that we saw about...50 episodes ago. And then Zangetsu ripped through him like a hot knife through butter.

Next episode is the beginning of more fillers, hopefully they won't last too long and won't be too bad.
Kurisu86Apr 16, 2008 5:36 PM
Apr 16, 2008 5:53 PM

Aug 2007
Beat me by 30 minutes. -.-

Quite a good episode. I liked how instead of having one huge flashback episode they broke it up here and there. 5/5

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Apr 16, 2008 5:53 PM

Jan 2007
it is finally happening D:
Apr 16, 2008 5:55 PM

Jul 2007
the ep was so-so.. is it filler time now ? if it is why o why?
Apr 16, 2008 6:12 PM
Aug 2007
Yes, it's filler time now. And to answer your "Why, oh why?" it's because it's catching up to the Manga...but the Manga is still pretty far ahead, I don't know why they are going into fillers. But eh, some things can't be helped.

Personally, I thought the episode was great. Grimmjow's end was done very well, in my opinion. Though, I didn't quite like how the episode ended by the way the events happen in the Manga. But now I'm wondering due to the events in the Manga, how will the fillers actually work? I won't spoil anything, because I myself hate spoilers, but I'm just confused. x.x.
Apr 16, 2008 6:18 PM

Feb 2008
for a second the new captain looked like urahara...but not. that fight's conclusion was fairly simple. i was expecting uroqua to interfere or some other lame hollow. or maybe for grim to rise from the dead [that is IF hes dead haha]...it would have been more interesting. oh well.
Apr 16, 2008 6:37 PM

Sep 2007
From the preview, the fillers are going to focus on Soul Society so Hueco Mundo arc is completely ignored.
Apr 16, 2008 7:39 PM

Jan 2008
crud, more fillers coming up... oh well, i liked this episode... kinda a concluding point to Ichigo and Grimmjow's battles... oh well, not really looking forward to the next ep though...
Apr 16, 2008 7:54 PM

Oct 2007
AAAAAAAAAAAND IT BEGINS.
You know filler's around the corner when they start playing the bounto theme song. (you know, the one banging on the same piano key for 5 minutes ¬¬)

Well at the very least we can be glad they concluded the best ichigo fight in this arc, and I guess if they were gonna put fill in anywhere, it'd have to be here. I would thank Nel not to point out the glaring plotholes in the omake though. >_>;

I guess if its gonna be centered around SS they could say this is whats heppen during the HM infiltration... but whats with all the talk about ichigo and co being in school clothes they couldnt be thinking to actually show them during the filler the way things are.... Bleh. I need sleep.
Apr 16, 2008 7:56 PM
Oct 2007
It was really weak end of fight between Ichigo and Grim I was expecting something more ... Grimjow memories where somewhat interesting.

So mission accomplished? They should go back to earth/soul society and be happy, but of course it won't happen.

Because of Shinigami Illustrated Picture Book I realized that I'm missing Rukia :d

Filler arc bring it on! I don't like 'new captain' already xD BUT I will not cry because of fillers =)
Apr 16, 2008 8:06 PM

Mar 2007
Vince said:
Yes, it's filler time now. And to answer your "Why, oh why?" it's because it's catching up to the Manga...but the Manga is still pretty far ahead, I don't know why they are going into fillers. But eh, some things can't be helped.

I guess but there was only about
which means there would have been about 9ish more episodes before it caught up to where the manga is, point is, the manga is taking a 'flashback' break and its barely touched into the

Vince said:
Personally, I thought the episode was great. Grimmjow's end was done very well, in my opinion. Though, I didn't quite like how the episode ended by the way the events happen in the Manga. But now I'm wondering due to the events in the Manga, how will the fillers actually work? I won't spoil anything, because I myself hate spoilers, but I'm just confused. x.x.

I agree its pretty much impossible to tie up the ichigo fights, but then again it might not be so hard, ichigo just underestimates his foe and gets beaten up before it catches onto the manga, but Rukia, that could be a bit tough....

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 16, 2008 8:20 PM

May 2007
Another good ep. Nice to get some of Grimmjow's back story and I liked how they ended the fight.
Apr 16, 2008 8:39 PM

Sep 2007
which means there would have been about 9ish more episodes before it caught up to where the manga is

I thought they were pretty close to the manga, but I wasn't positive.
I'm glad that they're going this route, though, and talking about the captains. At least it's not Naruto's totally random episode filler.
This ep was alright, but I see that they've returned to Old (New) Bleach style w/ 3 minutes of recap, which (hopefully) should disappear once the filler arc starts. I liked the flashback info on Hollows; it was something that was always nagging at me. I also liked how Ichigo and Orihime had that romantic stare into the setting sun and Grimmjaw's (implied) dead body. That was a nice touch.
Apr 16, 2008 8:43 PM

May 2007
*shrug* I don't understand how they're going to play off this filler arc. Are they just going to cut off in the middle of the Hueco Mundo arc, and move into a totally different stroyline, and then 50 episodes later they're gonna come back with the Hueco Mundo plot?
Doesn't make sense.
I have no idea in which direction this anime is going... sigh.

At least the Grimm part of this episode was nice. ^^'

Apr 16, 2008 9:03 PM

Feb 2008
I'm kind of looking forward to the filler eps. Because i follow the manga, everything in the anime iv'e more or less seen. So filler anime eps just breathe a new life into it for me. As long as they don't do a 'Hantaro bakes a cake v2.0' ill be happy =D

I didn't mind they ended it here because anywhere else and i think it might've looked a whole lot less polished
Apr 16, 2008 9:10 PM

Oct 2007
Yo Grimmjow... EAT ME!
Apr 16, 2008 9:58 PM

Aug 2007
Ending was kind of boring and stupid. D:
Apr 16, 2008 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
Wonderful... I'm gonna go ahead and say based on the fact that the manga is taking a break in its own form and fashion, I don't expect fillers to be over until well into July, probably farther. Just wonderful.
Apr 16, 2008 10:34 PM

Mar 2008
Mitsukai- said:
Wonderful... I'm gonna go ahead and say based on the fact that the manga is taking a break in its own form and fashion, I don't expect fillers to be over until well into July, probably farther. Just wonderful.

It could be a year from now before they finish fillers. I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Apr 17, 2008 12:35 AM

Mar 2008
I noticed something very unnatural at the end of the episode...
How in the world can Ichigo move like he's uninjured at the end of the fight, when he got pierced twice?

Anyway, nice episode, I liked the previous one better though.
Apr 17, 2008 1:40 AM

Jul 2007
Vince said:

yeah and there is more intresting fights..

Apr 17, 2008 1:50 AM

Nov 2007
after the last epi was so good, this one was not that good. the animation itself wasn't at the same level. booo.

and the filler, while i don't mind them, at least make some sense of it. now they are leaving HC all of a sudden. dumb idea. what is inoue going to get caught again so they have to go back to HC.
Apr 17, 2008 2:13 AM

Jun 2007
Its stupid. They easily have material enough for 2 more months. And when they finish this arc. the manga is done with the current arc (I hope) And since it takes place
Apr 17, 2008 2:33 AM

Apr 2008
Decent episode. I liked how they showed Grimmjow's past in between the fighting because I'm not a big fan of long fight scenes so the flashbacks made the episode more interesting.

Looking at the preview I realised fillers were coming, and now looking here I find out that I am right. I hate the bleach fillers. >.< Lets hope I don't have to skip them agian like I did with the bounto ark. >.>
Apr 17, 2008 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. Hated the ending, though.
Sucks that the fillers will start now (they could at least show more of the Hueco Mundo Arc). I hope these fillers won't be very long =S
KayroApr 17, 2008 9:35 AM
Apr 17, 2008 4:25 AM

Oct 2007
it was ok i guess.but the real exciting parts were gonna come after this fight.oh well that means no more bleach downloads for 3 or 4 months.

Apr 17, 2008 4:58 AM

Mar 2007
Mixed feelings on this ep....

I've always wanted to see Gimmjow get his arse kicked but now that he's dead...I feel a bit sad...'cos he was just an awesome character! T_T

oh... one more thing...

FUCK FILLERS...
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Apr 17, 2008 6:41 AM

Apr 2007
The ep was ok but now fillers come. Does this mean they will completely ignore all main characters in HM? If thats the case I have a bad feeling this is gonna be boring as hell.

Apr 17, 2008 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Not too bad of an ep I guess... Was expecting a better ending with the death(?) of Grimmjow but oh well. Fillers now? Bring 'em on... as long as they aren't pointless.
Apr 17, 2008 7:21 AM

Mar 2008
grimmjow isnt dead, is he?!
he wont die, right? 8{

screw u ichigo, u dont even have the balls to let inoue heal grimmjow !! fuckin pussy -.-

grimmjow > ichigo
Apr 17, 2008 8:02 AM

Oct 2007
This was one of the best episodes in a while, despite Ichigo's ridiculous power level boost. I hope we'll see more of Grimmjow, he's one of the most interesting Espadas and pretty gar.

Fillers... they better not fuck up the storyline too much. A side story or something that happened in the past would be preferable. Even Don Kanonji! D:
Apr 17, 2008 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
episode very good, battle it was cool! but next episode begining filler >.< i hope next fillers will be short stay no like fillers with Bounto ;/
Apr 17, 2008 8:22 AM

Sep 2007
Boo @ fillers and boo @ Grimmjow just floating there waiting to die..
Apr 17, 2008 8:50 AM

Sep 2007
Romeo said:
grimmjow isnt dead, is he?!
he wont die, right? 8{

screw u ichigo, u dont even have the balls to let inoue heal grimmjow !! fuckin pussy -.-

grimmjow > ichigo

Ichigo already had Orihime heal Grimmjow before they even fought. x_x
Apr 17, 2008 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
I have a great idea for this filler arc! The Bounto rise from the dead and attack soul society again!

How great would that be. Oh and they need the same OP from the previous bount arc too.
Apr 17, 2008 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode, even if the animation wasn't that good.
I think having fillers at that moment of the anime is kinda weird : Rukia and Chad are still dying; Renji and Ishida are waiting for Syazel to have his clothes changed xD
Apr 17, 2008 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode pretty much.

And I'm courios about the joke part at the end of the episode :D

Probably Ichigo will be send to Karakura Town in a MAGICAL way :D
Apr 17, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
Cristina_Sierra said:

And I'm courios about the joke part at the end of the episode :D

Probably Ichigo will be send to Karakura Town in a MAGICAL way :D

Yeah. Like notning happend... Pathethic. They should do this without characters involved with Hueco Mundo. Damn...

Apr 17, 2008 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
good episode,
i like the little moment with Ichigo and Inoue at the end ^__^
though in the manga i think that part is suppost to be
Apr 17, 2008 2:25 PM

Feb 2008

The fillers will most likely describe the back story of four high-ranking Soul Society members (read manga ep. 297 if you want to spoil the surprise) and will give you the pre-story of who, when, why, and by what method do they enter Hueco Mundo. As for Ichigo/Rukia in the Real World, expect this to be exclusive to the end of each episode replacing the Shinigami's Cup/Paparazzi Pictures fan service.
Apr 17, 2008 3:25 PM
Dec 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Ending was kind of boring and stupid. D:

I didnt like the ending that much either... something *more* should've happened. But i liked the episode!
Apr 17, 2008 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
Surely wasn't my favorite episode, but I don't think they could have made it better than they did...

Kinda liked the music and how they held hands and looked up at the (fake) sky... but the only thing that gave me tears is the fact that I won't be hearing Nel talk until next next winter -_-

Apr 17, 2008 6:38 PM
Dec 2007
It was cool but they could have made it a lot better.

The next episode looks good ^^... They really need a new op. -___-"

I wont say anything else cuz i assume no one will read this =P
Apr 17, 2008 6:55 PM
Feb 2008
I liked it; the music seemed a lot more varied and just better. I liked the backstory stuff, but lord, Bleach has such ridiculous rules for its universe... oh well. I'm looking forward to fillers for a change of pace. It's been a lot of moving around from one fight to another, I think a little Sereitei politics are well in order.

one question though:
If Grimmjow is a Hollow (albeit a special kind) wouldn't he get sent to soul society after being killed with a zanpakuto? dunno...
ResuriApr 17, 2008 9:06 PM
Apr 17, 2008 7:14 PM

Mar 2007
Guy32 said:
It was cool but they could have made it a lot better.

I suggest you read the manga if you want anything interesting, it really starts to pick up after the Grimmjaw fight in drama-ness, too bad they're cutting it off right here XP

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 17, 2008 9:21 PM

Feb 2008
Sukotsutsu said:
I suggest you read the manga if you want anything interesting, it really starts to pick up after the Grimmjaw fight in drama-ness, too bad they're cutting it off right here XP

Yeah, I totally agree with you.

So...If you want to read the manga and not have to start at the VERY beginning, then I I suggest reading 280-285 in the manga (Grimmjow vs Ichigo). The fight ends at 286 and the story continues from there.

(If you watch the manga at Youtube, each little chapter will take you about 5-10 min to read; they are not long)

As of today's date it's up to Chapter 318.
Apr 17, 2008 9:48 PM

Oct 2007
I really enjoyed the episode to the point that at the end, I thought it was just at the middle, lol!, I had to double-check to make sure the episode was the right length of time. And for the person who skipped the Bount Arc, that was not a very wise decision IMO. The Bount Arc was just as good as the canon! If it weren't for manga nazi whiners, I wouldn't have even known that it waas filler. Bleach has generally decent and enjoyable fillers, with a few exceptions!
Apr 17, 2008 11:06 PM

Oct 2007
Theorys said:

The fillers will most likely describe the back story of four high-ranking Soul Society members (read manga ep. 297 if you want to spoil the surprise) and will give you the pre-story of who, when, why, and by what method do they enter Hueco Mundo. As for Ichigo/Rukia in the Real World, expect this to be exclusive to the end of each episode replacing the Shinigami's Cup/Paparazzi Pictures fan service.

I kind of doubt that. It'd totally ruin the impact of them arriving if they explained that they were coming before they got there.
Apr 18, 2008 2:27 PM

Oct 2007
Wow! Couldn't they have gone easy one the cheese factor, because that was a seriously cheesy ending. They even panned up to the blue sky at the end. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
9 hours ago

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.