Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Mar 22, 2023 11:01 AM

Dec 2022
That band can't seem to keep a lead singer for long. Iwasama disappears, and then Yui disappears too.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 26, 2023 3:52 PM

Dec 2012
Very heartfelt sendoff to Yui although once again, it was too brief to absorb the full range of emotions I wish I could have felt. It just makes me wish Angel Beats had been around 20 episodes so these moments would have more time to flourish. That said, Hinata talking about how he'd meet Yui was my favorite part. The ED song is so wonderful and has remained one of my favorite tearjerkers.
Apr 30, 2023 7:42 AM

Mar 2022
watching this episode really screwed me up
May 9, 2023 10:42 AM

Jun 2017
Wouldn't it be more romantic if Hinata and Yui both crossed over together? I can't fathom why Hinata remained.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 25, 2023 3:57 AM
Aug 2022
Waouh ! Amazing ending for this episode. I couldn't help but smile because it was so beautiful !
Sep 13, 2023 7:32 PM

Sep 2020
Best episode so far! Yui is the best!

Was Hinata for real or was that just an act to fulfill the wish? I did get the feeling that they secretly did have feelings for each other but I couldn't tell for sure if it was a real declaration.

Either way, not ashamed to say I cried at it all.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Nov 3, 2023 10:33 PM

Dec 2019
Why did this episode have to make me laugh, then make me cry hard? I wasn't expecting that for fuck's sake.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 29, 2023 6:12 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to ShibuyaRiver
havsie said:
Shit got so real dude

Least change it up every once and awhile!
@ShibuyaRiver Lmao, I noticed too that he comments the same thing every episode
Feb 16, 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
so they reimagined a "parallel universe" with a boy meets girl kind of thing .Not bad
Apr 4, 10:41 PM
Aug 2023
As I commented last episode, what the MC is doing seems wrong because there's some deception and forcing going on without Yui's knowledge. She's not consciously making the decision to want to move on, the MC is making that decision for her and making her unknowingly go through the motions to move on. What is even the point of free-will if she's going to be manipulated into it like that? I can't even think of it as she's being given guidance, she doesn't even know what's going on, nor the consequence of what she's doing. She's totally unaware, and there is no disclosure of what the MC is doing to her. The MC is doing wrong while thinking he's doing good, I think an argument could be made that what he's doing is "the road to hell is pave with good intentions".

Also what awaits after people are disappeared? It seems implied it's a memory wipe and reincarnation. At first I thought it was just unconfirmed speculation, but it seems to be supported by what Angel says. So what is even the point of resolving issues people had in their past life? It seems to be implied that it's giving people peace before they move on, but how it's portrayed here in the school is people being stripped of their will not to let go, and forced to move on to oblivion (that's what it is if it's a memory wipe and reincarnation, they never made an argument it's anything otherwise). They're not doing it of their own free choice, it would have been much better off if the school allowed them to sort things out on their own, and deciding to want to move on by coming to terms and peace with whatever lingering regrets they've had. Not having peace thrusted upon them, and made to move on.

I'm starting to dislike this anime and the MC more and more. The MC effectively taken over as antagonist, and Angel is no longer the antagonist. I can even excuse Angel now as she just didn't know any better for how clumsily she was doing things before. But the MC is pretty traitorous for forcing his "help" onto his supposed friends/allies. "Yeah I'm going to help you by forcing my choices over your own", what an asshat. Yui didn't actually get those re-imagined "happy memories" of meeting up with baseball guy while she was disabled, what she got was a lie, vs what was actually real where she met him in this fake school environment. Couldn't she have found peace in what was real instead of the lie?
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Dec 2022
Damn I did not think I would tear up just a bit at the end there but still it was very heartfelt and melancholic moment for Yui. It was foreshadowed a bit that Yui and Hinata liked each other because of the chemistry they got going on in the prev eps but now that Yui disappears after Iwasawa left me more saddened than ever before.

Seems like next episode another chaos starts to happen.

Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Feb 2022
I love Yui, she's so cute, i am happy and glad for her, i wasn't expecting this kind of episode, love it.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 18, 2010

463 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 11, 2010

377 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

564 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1749 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

536 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 17, 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.