Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Aug 31, 2012 11:07 AM
erengy said:
Bziur said:
First being comments.

Do you mean displaying recommendations submitted by users? I'd gladly do that, if MAL provided a way for me to retrieve that information, other than scraping HTML pages.

In anime list each entry has an option for more. Once clicked it will show these:
more said:

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older (Why?)
Fansub Group:
Storage: None
Rewatch Value:
Downloaded Episodes: 0
Deviation Score: 1.3
Retail Disks:
Start Date: May 9, 2011
End Date:
Days Since Started Watching: 481
Last Updated: 05-11-11
Time Spent Watching: 1 hour, 31 minutes, and 20 seconds (0 hours, 22 minutes, and 50 seconds per episode)
Comments:

This is a text that can be entered by user when clicking edit on an item on anime list.

I meant implementation of that :)

Aug 31, 2012 11:07 PM

@Bziur: regretfully that is not implemented in the API and only available as scraped information from that edit page only. Even the site here on MAL doesn't implement the comments anywhere other than that page. Tags however are visible and already searchable in Taiga, which will have to do until we can convince the devs to expand the API.

Sep 3, 2012 11:34 AM
Well that sucks... :<

Sep 6, 2012 12:16 AM
erengy said:
Hello there Chard,

By default, Twitter announcements are made only when you complete an anime, or more specifically, when the episode you're watching is the last episode of that series. So it shouldn't be spamming your Twitter account if you didn't change this behavior by editing Twitter format string from settings dialog. It's also possible to disable automatic announcements and do them manually using "List > Announce current episode" menu, whenever you want to.

Nevertheless, it might be a good idea to have an easy switch to toggle all announcements, like the one that toggles recognition. I'm adding it to my to-do list now.

Ah, that is actually exactly what I was getting at. Perhaps spamming was too strong of a word. It's just that a message with an update of each and every episode every 24 minutes or so during a marathon session can seem like a lot, no?

But thank you for taking the time to consider that, I look forward to it in a future release!

Sep 14, 2012 11:43 PM

Since uTorrent doesn't seem to be able to auto-download files into DEFAULT download directory, I'd be nice for Taiga to be able to tell it where to download ALL the torrents.

For example, in addition to current "Use anime folders as the download folder" option we could have "Default download folder: " and path to the folder. If both are checked, anime that have anime folders set will be downloaded accordingly, all the others go to default. If only default is checked, all torrents go there. If default is unchecked, behaviour is the same with current version.

Sep 16, 2012 5:13 AM

erengy said:
The weird thing about that is that MAL's API allows you to set how many times you've rewatched a series, but there's no way to retrieve the current value beforehand :/

Diablofan said:
I agree. I asked Xinil about eventually lining up the API so that all values that can be stored can be accessed, so it is possible that we'll be able to see that eventually. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when.

Any progress there? MALgraph needs this feature too.

Sep 16, 2012 6:33 AM

fri said:
erengy said:
The weird thing about that is that MAL's API allows you to set how many times you've rewatched a series, but there's no way to retrieve the current value beforehand :/

Diablofan said:
I agree. I asked Xinil about eventually lining up the API so that all values that can be stored can be accessed, so it is possible that we'll be able to see that eventually. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when.

Any progress there? MALgraph needs this feature too.
Like I said, I'm not sure when he'll get to doing that. I mean, he did recently (as of July 27th) fix the encoding of the API. However there are other higher priority stuff he mentioned that needed to be done first before he would get to that.

I'd ask Xinil himself if/when he appears in #myanimelist.

Sep 25, 2012 4:19 PM

Hey there, I discovered Taiga last night and really love it. While playing with it, the calendar icon for Season Browser made me think of a feature that I think would be neat. I don't know how tied to MAL this has to be, but I thought it would be cool if, on the "Currently Watching" pane, there was a column for which day the next episode aired for an on-going show so you'd be able to sort the shows by which episode would air next. Barring that, maybe a general calendar for the user to add their own airing schedule to?

Really appreciate Taiga regardless, thanks.

Sep 25, 2012 11:54 PM

@Caipie: It is possible to use the iCal API at animecalendar.net or scrape mahou.org to get episode airing information. I know that MAL Updater does this but it's very unreliable and must be updated manually to have the correct anime id for each series (recognition isn't always perfect). We would have to build a separate proxy service to efficiently provide access to episode airing schedules and match them to MAL's anime ids, which I see as a major con.

The bigger question is why should Taiga internalize the airing schedules anyway? A standalone website or calendar would work just as well and Taiga can just link to it (in fact mahou.og is already in the Useful Links menu and you can customize your menus with the xml files to improve access to it if you use it frequently). It won't limit the schedule to just your list, but it can't be too much extra effort if you're just checking a series or two.

It is fairly simple to make a script like I did to parse a feed and sort by the next airing episode. The matter is just down to how accurately you can recognize the titles and match them to your list. Taiga pretty much auto-downloads anything before I need to check it anyway, but I do check airing schedules once in a long while. If we ever did decide to improve the airing features, I wouldn't mind helping out with it.

Sep 28, 2012 1:48 AM

Yeah I wasn't sure how much it would be asking for what amounted to a small convenience. Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain.

Sep 30, 2012 11:24 AM
The ability to reorder the list of results from a search.
For example, placing the "Not in list" results below "Plan to watch".

It's pretty minor though.

Oct 24, 2012 8:10 PM
hi i love taiga as is for the most part ( can't think of anything i don't like or that it really 'needs') but i was wondering if there was any way to implement other'list' sites into it via plug-in or some sort ( i recently started using mydramalist.com for asian dramas but i don't know if they have any similar programs to this or mal u )

Oct 25, 2012 4:52 PM

I'd really like if you could add an automatic re-login option after a specified time if the connection is not available when the program starts up.

Oct 26, 2012 6:14 PM

@ObeydElMejor:
May I ask the reasoning behind your request? Is it because you consider "Not in list" irrelevant when you make a search? Allowing reordering might make some things unnecessarily complicated, so I'd rather look for a different solution first.

@styx971:
I'll be adding manga list support somewhere around v1.0, but others may not follow. The thing is, Taiga is designed to be a MyAnimeList client rather than a general-purpose tracker/updater program, and converting it into one requires a new layer of abstraction along with a good amount of work. Besides, since Taiga uses MAL's API to update your list, it'd need other services to provide a similar programming interface as well. Looks like MyDramaList.com doesn't have anything like that at the moment (I believe it's not related to MAL, despite its name).

@-Prelude-:
Is it because you find the manual login process bothersome? Cause I recently made some changes on that. There's no Log in button anymore, for example.

Oct 27, 2012 10:05 AM

erengy said:

Is it because you find the manual login process bothersome? Cause I recently made some changes on that. There's no Log in button anymore, for example.

Yes, ideally I shouldn't even touch the program at all. It starts up after boot, it automatically login and if the connection is not available at the moment it tries again after X minutes. If I recall correctly MAL has an option like that.

It's pretty annoying because 50% of the time I have to update manually the queued events since it's not logged in.

Oct 27, 2012 4:16 PM
@erengy

ok thank, no problem i just thought it couldn't hurt to ask :)

Nov 17, 2012 7:47 AM

suggest rename Taiga to Neko :3
Modified by Serzha, Nov 17, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 18, 2012 7:22 PM
I just realized that the Anime Information has nearly everything to make an 'add-an-anime' wizard, except setting the anime specific folder. So adding that to the Anime Information and a quick anime selection screen before it would be perfect. I would find it pretty helpful in general since I always end up not having my folders properly selected or a fansub group.
I usually download through XDCC, so I would just love it if I was able to set the notification bubble to appear when downloads were available and when I clicked the notification it would open a window with a textbox. The textbox would have per line formatted strings based on what the user wants to it display.
For example:
Modified by bsunonunu, Nov 18, 2012 7:26 PM

Nov 20, 2012 7:54 AM

@Dekcah: regretfully @find and !list mechanisms are not standardized and using them out of place quickly gets you banned from channels. I'm not understanding how you want to automate them, but it seems like it would be better handled by a script in your irc client.

Regarding anime folders, I would rather have an option to automatically create folders based on the name of the series (perhaps in the first listed root anime folder) when a folder is not set -- especially for new series. Like you, I often am inconvenienced when folders for a series do not exist. I usually end up going into my xml files and manually batch-adding folders with the same name as the series.

Nov 20, 2012 11:19 AM
@saka: Yeah, I am pretty sure I explained it wrong. My idea was just making it when you clicked on the notification window and had the setting turned on, it would copy a formatted string into your clipboard. It wouldn't be automatic in the sense it would require the user to still paste it into the irc client.

And yeah automated folder creation seems like it would be a great feature to add to taiga, though it would require the first episode to be downloaded through taiga.

Nov 20, 2012 8:21 PM

Being the XDCC illiterate that I am, I hadn't quite understood what that @find command meant, so thanks for elaborating on it. That doesn't sound like an appropriate feature for Taiga to me either, but gave me another idea: Perhaps a scriptable event system would work nicely for handling this kind of triggers. I'll give it some thought for post-1.0 versions and see how it develops.

Automatically creating new folders for new series is quite easy to do, though it'd require the user to set one of the root folders as the default one, first one being the default by default (heh).

Serzha said:
suggest rename Taiga to Neko :3

<3

Dec 9, 2012 9:13 PM
Would it be possible to have something like this? http://imgur.com/Omg33
Basically, what I'm asking for is for Taiga to search the anime that you've watched or are watching for common voice actors.

Dec 10, 2012 5:53 AM

That's a neat idea, but MAL provides only so little with its API for us developers, and that doesn't include character & voice actor data.

Dec 14, 2012 12:20 PM
I have some ideas
1. Bulk Search from Torrent site for missing episodes or new episodes (current rss update is not cover for old episode)
2. Tweet every single end of episode (should be optional)(by the way I can't get "List > Announce current episode > Twitter" works)
3. Fetch anime and direct download from authed website(and torrent from authed site that don't provide rss too)

Anyway it's just my suggestion. many thanks for making this brilliant app :)
Modified by XeReZZ, Dec 14, 2012 2:13 PM

Jan 5, 2013 6:28 AM

ObeydElMejor said:
The ability to reorder the list of results from a search.
For example, placing the "Not in list" results below "Plan to watch".

It's pretty minor though.

erengy said:
@ObeydElMejor:
May I ask the reasoning behind your request? Is it because you consider "Not in list" irrelevant when you make a search? Allowing reordering might make some things unnecessarily complicated, so I'd rather look for a different solution first.

I think that reordering option isn't quite needed and we can just hardcode placing "not in list" last, at least for now. And yeah, reason is just that - in the most cases you're looking for something already in your list from there, and see "not in list" items only if you're lucky (meaning they're cached)
XeReZZ said:
I have some ideas
2. Tweet every single end of episode (should be optional)(by the way I can't get "List > Announce current episode > Twitter" works)

Hm, I think you already can do this? Actually, Taiga makes announcement at the end of each episode by default, and you need to make it an empty string for it not to happen (for example, make a condition that you only tweet if the episode is last and return empty string otherwise). So I suggest looking into format string syntax, it's quite simple.
And I think manual announcing was broken theme-wise somewhere, I quickly fixed it in my own copy but forgot to mention or anything. Try doing clean install if you're using Taiga for more than one version though.

Jan 6, 2013 7:58 AM
Alright..here is a request that would save me massive amounts of annoyance..

Is there any way we can get Taiga to recognize episodes numbered sequentally after the first season as belonging to the following season?

The latest example is AKB0048 Next Stage 01 being marked as episode 14 of the first series, but this has been happening with more and more series lately.

Jan 7, 2013 8:51 AM
michaelfeb16 said:
Alright..here is a request that would save me massive amounts of annoyance..

Is there any way we can get Taiga to recognize episodes numbered sequentally after the first season as belonging to the following season?

The latest example is AKB0048 Next Stage 01 being marked as episode 14 of the first series, but this has been happening with more and more series lately.

I second this, had the same thing when I watched Kokoro Connect's Machi Random episodes. I just update manually when this happens.

Jan 7, 2013 4:40 PM
slevir said:

Hm, I think you already can do this? Actually, Taiga makes announcement at the end of each episode by default, and you need to make it an empty string for it not to happen (for example, make a condition that you only tweet if the episode is last and return empty string otherwise). So I suggest looking into format string syntax, it's quite simple.
And I think manual announcing was broken theme-wise somewhere, I quickly fixed it in my own copy but forgot to mention or anything. Try doing clean install if you're using Taiga for more than one version though.

I got announcement at end of anime works.
by the way this "$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,Just completed: %title%$if(%score%, (Score: %score%/10)) http://www.myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)" just announce when I completed anime right ?, but I can't make it announce episode by episode. Anyway thanks for reply me :)

Jan 7, 2013 5:30 PM

XeReZZ said:

by the way this "$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,Just completed: %title%$if(%score%, (Score: %score%/10)) http://www.myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)" just announce when I completed anime right ?, but I can't make it announce episode by episode. Anyway thanks for reply me :)

Well, this thing basically says "if the following are equal: episode (which is current episode number) and total (which is total number of eps), say "just completed: blahblahblah", otherwise do nothing. So what you want to do is to remove that ifequal thing, and leave just stuff starting with "just completed", which you'll probably want to replace with "just watched" or something, and it should work each episode

Jan 8, 2013 6:58 AM
slevir said:
XeReZZ said:

Well, this thing basically says "if the following are equal: episode (which is current episode number) and total (which is total number of eps), say "just completed: blahblahblah", otherwise do nothing. So what you want to do is to remove that ifequal thing, and leave just stuff starting with "just completed", which you'll probably want to replace with "just watched" or something, and it should work each episode
Is there a basic guide to these things? I often find myself lost in these format.

Jan 8, 2013 8:54 AM

Renzokuken said:
slevir said:
XeReZZ said:

Is there a basic guide to these things? I often find myself lost in these format.
There isn't one, though I think it would be a good idea to get them documented. If I can find time to sometime this week I'll try to get to it.

They basically follow the foobar scripting tags, so if you look up the foobar scripting tags, you should be able to understand the Taiga scripting tags.

Jan 9, 2013 5:16 PM

A couple of suggestions I had for some time:

1. For Now Playing window/tab - to add controls of current anime there. Even basic +1/-1 buttons (or episode setting control) and status setting control would help if there's any problems with recognition/settings/etc (also good for those who prefer manual updating of their lists)
2. To do something with now playing popping every time you, well, play something. It's not the best option for watching ongoings, cause you watch different title each time and have to switch back to anime list to choose another one, and it becomes somewhat annoying after a while. Maybe some kind of option whether you want to keep now playing tab "sticky" after video player closes or not? Or maybe even have it not in the settings, but rather on the tab itself.

Jan 10, 2013 9:30 AM

I want to suggest two things (I don't know if any of them are possible with MAL's API):

1st: Search animes via their tags on MAL. Ex: Search for "Slice of Life" animes.
2nd: Display the anime's rate directly on the list, so there is the possibility of ordering the listing this rate.

Jan 13, 2013 12:07 PM
Any chance this will ever support a modern IRC client like Hexchat or Xchat/X-chat?

Jan 14, 2013 7:33 AM

Starks said:
Any chance this will ever support a modern IRC client like Hexchat or Xchat/X-chat?
Well, according to Revision 161's comments, there is a XChat plugin that is being written for the new API that Taiga added. Which I need to work on still, but none the less I am working on that for Taiga and it'll be released separately from Taiga. Since I'm writing it for XChat it is guaranteed to work on Hexchat because they are the same program at the core.

Yakushi_Icefox said:
I want to suggest two things (I don't know if any of them are possible with MAL's API):

1st: Search animes via their tags on MAL. Ex: Search for "Slice of Life" animes.
2nd: Display the anime's rate directly on the list, so there is the possibility of ordering the listing this rate.
The first one I don't think is possible because of API limitations. As for the second one I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Jan 14, 2013 8:32 AM

I think it's rating and/or populatiry figures

Feb 10, 2013 12:57 AM

Simple click tray icon to open the the program, please :)

Feb 26, 2013 6:02 PM

junpet said:
Simple click tray icon to open the the program, please :)
You can double click it to open it from the tray currently. Its not much more effort to click again. :P

Apr 6, 2013 10:58 AM
I'd like to see the statistics viewer account for re-watched anime. For example, if my total hours spent (as shown by the statistics) is 10 hours, and I add 3 episodes of a previously watched show as being re-watched, the statistics show (for example) 11 hours. That is intended function, and currently it works.

However, once I hit the final episode (and the show is moved to the "completed" section) of that re-watched show, the statistics now show only 10 hours, and not 11+ hours. Basically it ignores the rewatch count from the statistics, and nor is the rewatched count getting updated on MAL.

Ideally, once I get to the final episode of a previously watched show, Taiga should increment the times watched count by one, then reflect that change in the statistics. I don't know if MALs current API allows the times watched to be accessed, but it'd be awesome if you guys add that in (if the API supports it of course).

Apr 6, 2013 3:01 PM

shinigamibob said:
I'd like to see the statistics viewer account for re-watched anime.

This is regretfully a limitation due to a known bug in the MAL API which allows you to set the "my_rewatching" value but not see its current value. So, it's impossible for MAL applications to see how many times you've rewatched a series unless we scrape the data from elsewhere (and we choose not to). I assure you that whenever MAL finally fixes it, we'll patch taiga to take advantage of it.

Apr 9, 2013 9:53 PM
saka said:
shinigamibob said:
I'd like to see the statistics viewer account for re-watched anime.

This is regretfully a limitation due to a known bug in the MAL API which allows you to set the "my_rewatching" value but not see its current value. So, it's impossible for MAL applications to see how many times you've rewatched a series unless we scrape the data from elsewhere (and we choose not to). I assure you that whenever MAL finally fixes it, we'll patch taiga to take advantage of it.

No problem. Thanks for the update.

Apr 27, 2013 9:31 AM
Can we have a 'Ask to confirm' the twitter status update? Basically, like the normal list update where you have a window pop-up and asks you to confirm and all.

May 21, 2013 2:17 PM
I have a couple of "complaints" and suggestions after coming over from MALUpdater. I though it was better to let the developers know of any constructive criticism and/or feature requests I have.
On the other hand, I really enjoy the fact that it's fast and much less bloated than MALU. Also, the torrent filtering system rocks!

Well, here goes:

• File Recognition
    I had a couple problems with quite a lot of shows failing to be correctly recognized when they were tagged with alternative names not listed on MAL, shows MALU always detected correctly. After adding the titles manually it works, but it's still annoying to do this for more than one single show and a disadvantage versus MALU.

I know recognition isn't the easiest thing in the world to program, but I'm simply stating the fact that MALUpdater's seems to detect shows every single time with tags that aren't listed on MAL as alternative titles, and I wonder how they do it. It's a real "competitive disadvantage".

Two examples of shows that are currently Airing that are undetected without manually adding the titles are for example:
    Horrible Subs tags Oreimo Season 2 shows as "Oreimo S2"
    Commie tags Oregairu as "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru - My Teenage RomCom SNAFU"

• Tray Icon
    After being amazed at how customizable every single inch of the interface is, I couldn't find a way to change the tray icon (the reason why I actually went into the theme files in the first place). I really dislike the tray icon and would like to change it, but the only way to do that would be to edit the executable resources myself, and repeat the process for each single update. Seeing as the framework for themes is already in there, can't you add a tag for us to change the tray icon?

I mean, the icon is cute and has to do with the name of the app and all, but seriously, it needs to be able to be customized since it has almost nothing to do with the objective of the application and looks so out of place compared to the rest of the tray. I'd like to switch it (with a custom theme for example) for something much more simplistic, like MALU's "blue icon with 'MAL' written on it".

• Filtering by show air date and by "Aired recently"
    As amazing as the filtering system is, it's still missing something I'd love for it to have. This is a feature request for something not even MALU has.

I have a ton of shows on my Plan To Watch list, a couple of them haven't aired yet. I wish to discard ANY show that has already finished airing since when I want to watch them I'll download the show manually, but don't want to miss stuff like movies or OVAs since they air once and then switch almost immediately to "Finished Airing", even if they might take like half an year to come out on Blu-Ray and thus show up overseas.

There's no way to do such a filter other than manually discarding episodes for Plan-To-Watch where I'm not waiting for them to come out, and that's exactly what I've done with MALU in the past.

Thing is, with such an amazing filtering system as is Taiga's, an easy way to fix this would be to add a way to filter by "Started Airing Date" and "Aired Recently". The first would allow you to set a "cut-off date" where everything that started airing before/after would be filtered, and the second one would allow you to set a duration (for example "1 year") and everything that aired outside of that interval would be discarded.

• Filtering by anime type
    Also, for similar reasons to the previous suggestion, could you add a way to filter torrents by anime type, i.e. "Movie", "TV", "OVA" etc?

• Progress bar buffering
    This is more of a feature request than anything, and one of the most minor of all of my requests.

MALU shows two different kinds of "buffers". One of them is for episodes that are on the HDD ("available") but not yet watched, and another less dark shade is for already aired episodes that aren't on the HDD yet (nor watched). Taiga only has the first one. I find it really useful to see aired episodes shaded, since you can then see what episodes you have to watch but haven't been downloaded/released yet.

I had a weird "hiccup" where it wouldn't detect and buffer a show's episodes using the "List -> Check for available episodes" menu, instead only by right-clicking the show itself did it detect them, but that seems to have fixed itself and now everything is working correctly.

• Unmatched/Unknown (grayed-out) torrents at the top of the list
    Another minor feature request.

I like to be able to see any unmatched shows since sometimes something shows up for a show I like but wasn't detected correctly by the software or was discarded due to having been Completed already (MALU does this for OVAs and such a lot).

Thing is, Those are the least important of all torrents, and as such I'd like to be able to "give priority" to actual matches, so that the torrents that will interest me for sure are given the spot right at the top of the list and I don't have to scroll down each and every time.

• App manifest requires admin privileges
    I find it ultra annoying that internet-facing applications like this (MALU does this too) unnecessarily require admin privileges. I mean, as long as you don't install it on your C: drive and do not use the streaming detection features for browsers you don't require such privileges!

To work around this, I have to use Microsoft's Compatibility Toolkit to add a system-wide override for your executable so that it's requestedSecurityLevel is "RunAsInvoker" and as such force it to run with user permissions... And every feature I use works perfectly fine! 全く。
Modified by LordGravewish, May 21, 2013 2:39 PM

May 23, 2013 8:13 AM

Hi there LordGravewish. Thanks for taking the time to type down your criticisms and requests!

File Recognition:
It's been a while since I'd done the comparative tests, but on the contrary, Taiga's recognition engine is the most accurate one among its peers. Given all the different naming conventions, it does an almost perfect job at analyzing file names and extracting titles from them. That being said, there are still a couple of issues with matching titles to their corresponding anime. One thing that's missing is handling of equivalent season indicators (e.g. "2nd Season" = "Season 2" = "S2"). Also, we could make adding new alternative titles easier. I'll definitely give it a shot, although it'll have to wait until after v1.0, because I don't want to risk breaking it at this point where we're so close to the release.

Tray Icon:
Taiga's icon is going to be revised for v1.0, but I don't see any merit in making it customizable. I wonder if there are others who would want the same thing. In that case, I'll reconsider.

Filtering by show air date and by "Aired recently", Filtering by anime type:
Sure, I'll add more anime options (dates, episodes, types) to condition elements. (Edit: Done)

Progress bar buffering:
I agree that this one's quite useful. The thing is, airing times is not readily available in a format Taiga could make use of. As far as I know, MALU built its own service and its data needs to be manually updated, which is, frankly, something I'd rather not spend my time on. On the other hand, Taiga already has a function to estimate the last aired episode number of a series, but it's not reliable, hence not yet activated. (Edit: It's now activated in our alpha version.)

Unmatched/Unknown (grayed-out) torrents at the top of the list:
Makes sense, will do. (Edit: Done)

App manifest requires admin privileges:
v1.0 currently runs as invoker as you suggested. That said, are you sure that streaming detection feature for browsers requires administrator privileges? I didn't know that.
Modified by erengy, May 26, 2013 4:42 PM

May 23, 2013 8:49 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! Glad to see you're listening to suggestions.
I've been enjoying using Taiga for it's simplicity, so it's great to see that you're fixing most stuff I felt was missing :)

File Recognition:
Okay, that's understandable. I was only talking about my personal experience, but it might be that I just found some rare exceptions. It's not a big deal either, since we can add alternate titles ourselves.

Tray Icon:
That's a shame. I love how every inch of the interface is customizable, but the only thing missing is the tray icon! It's a weird exception and I'd love to be able to change it since the current one feels so out of place in my tray. It's your call, but I was hoping you'd reconsider so I wouldn't have to patch the executable resources after every update. Heh, maybe I'll like that new 1.0 icon, we'll see.

Progress bar buffering:
Oh, okay then. That's understandable. No need to go through that extra trouble. I did think that MAL actually supplied that information, but it doesn't seem so.

App manifest requires admin privileges:
Great! No more manually making it run as invoker. Thanks :)
As or the streaming detection requiring privileges, I am not sure, but I seem to remember it requiring privileges for MALUpdater or simply breaking. I might be wrong though, since I haven't used it for a long time.

Thanks!
Modified by LordGravewish, May 23, 2013 8:54 AM

May 25, 2013 11:26 AM
While I'm at it with all these requests (I hope I'm not being too annoying!), I have another small suggestion.

On the RSS list, when you right click a certain release, I think you should also add (as default) an option to automatically discard any other group for releases for that show.

Right now, if I only want releases from a certain group for a certain show, I have to manually create a filter for it. This would act as a shortcut for that process.

Another shortcut that I think would be useful would be the opposite, "Discard this group for this show"
Modified by LordGravewish, May 25, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 1, 2013 5:24 PM
So how unrealistic would it be to ask for Taiga to recognize and update from something being streamed from PS3 Media Server?

Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM
After some more time using the application, I have a couple more small suggestions that would be very welcome. They're basically the few things (I haven't mentioned yet) that I feel are missing.

1. When selecting anime folders in the settings, it always starts browsing from the root of the filesystem. How about setting the default folder (the one it starts with) as the root anime folder?

2. Add the option to be able to not automatically set an anime as completed until you give it a score. This way, an anime you complete watching will not switch to Completed while it's score is '-', and I no longer have to search for it in the "Completed" tab to be able to add a score. Maybe even have some kind of baloon notification appear saying "You've watched all episodes of XYZ but you haven't scored it yet!".

3. Another small shortcut - any chance of adding "Set anime folder" to the anime's right click menu when it doesn't have one yet? It's save me having to go to the menu every single time it fails to detect the folder... And trust me, that happens a lot (since I usually have to add aliases to more than half the shows I download before it detects them).

4. I'm convinced the "Version" filter is completely broken. Tons of shows this season have come out with 'v0', but none so far has been detected (and thus discarded) by Taiga. Please fix this!

5. This is more of a suggestion/idea for a future version (1.1?). How about, when the user sets the anime folder for an anime (for example using the third suggestion on this post), it automatically looks into files on that folder and if it detects no files for that anime, actually tries to suggest one (or more) possible alias from the file names inside?

Thank you so much for your work, can't wait for 1.0!

Jun 8, 2013 2:26 PM

@michaelfeb16:
Have no idea how it works, but it should be possible if there's any way to retrieve the name of the file being streamed. I'll look into it.

@LordGravewish:
1. Took me longer than I anticipated, but, done. It now uses the first root folder when no default folder is available. I also added support for the new Open dialog used in Vista and above. On XP, it should automatically fall back to the one used earlier, though I haven't tested it yet.

2. I'm generally against the idea of leaving a completed series in Currently Watching. Finding non-scored items is not hard either, as you can sort list items by score. And I recently added a feature to the Now Playing dialog (something new in v1.0) so that it lets you know if you haven't rated an anime that you've recently finished watching.

3. It's possible to change the anime folder from anime information dialog in v1.0. I don't want to clutter the right-click menu, but maybe I can make it display a prompt if Open folder fails.

4. Answered this one here.

5. Noted.

Jul 15, 2013 3:06 AM

Given that Taiga can now show titles not in list when using filter search, why don't we get rid of search tab completely? When hitting Enter while doing filter search, Taiga could download search results from MAL and show those in a separate group, for example. While being not too intuitive, it saves some trouble going back and forth between search and anime list tabs, and they do mostly the same thing anyway.

UPD: actually, if you show some progress indicator after hitting enter, that should be enough to give user a clue that something's happening

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »