Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2010 6:56 PM

Nov 2007
You can request a new feature for Taiga or share your ideas here. You may find some common requests at the FAQ page. Guidelines should give you an idea on how to contribute, along with a list of goals to reach.
erengyJul 5, 2017 5:07 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2010 2:44 PM

May 2008
you might want to consider a cross-platform framework earlier rather than later if you are really considering it.... migrating a complicated app from VB .NET should prove rather difficult.

I am a banana.
Jun 8, 2010 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
That's correct indeed. To clear things up, Taiga is written in native C++. I'm not against using .NET or anything; in fact, it would be much more easier for me to implement the same features with it. But I didn't consider using it for the same reason you mentioned and some others.

There are two main reasons for why I didn't start directly from a cross-platform framework. The first one is using that kind of framework means sacrificing some other things. I wanted Taiga to be a uTorrent-like application so to speak. I think I'm a bit obsessed about this "lightweightness" thing. ^^; That's why I also didn't use MFC, ATL or WTL and ended up writing my own simple, object oriented framework. I believe it's not going to be too hard migrating, but again, I don't consider doing that anytime soon.

The second reason is I practically don't know anything about any operating system other than Windows and DOS. Shame on me! =p For example, I know that if I use a cross-platform library such as libcurl, it will work on every system as intended. But when it comes to things like checking running processes to identify media players, that's really something I can't manage to do on a multi-platform basis right now. As I also wrote in FAQs, I believe keeping this project as small as possible is the only way for me to maintain it at a reasonable level at the moment.
Jun 8, 2010 9:31 PM

May 2008
Yep, totally agree with you.... you've got a great philosophy and this project sounds exciting.

I am a banana.
Jun 11, 2010 12:47 AM

May 2008
A few more really minor improvements I can think of...
  • improving the sort on the Season column to weight the 4 seasons properly instead of straight string sort (MALU still gets this wrong too... custom comparison function should be fairly easy).

• I feel like the 'auto-login' setting under Program>General in settings should be grouped instead with the username and pass under Account... I can tell you're keeping the option open to have additional accounts with other services, and that makes it even more implied. After all, if I did have multiple accounts listed there, I probably wouldn't want all-or-nothing.

• Probably something for down the road, but I wonder if you're considering making an automatic torrent downloader? It's probably the feature I would miss most switching from malu.... some kind of secondary window to poll a list of torrent searches and download ones matching the list (with added filters).

I am a banana.
Jun 11, 2010 3:31 AM

Nov 2007
saka said:
improving the sort on the Season column to weight the 4 seasons properly instead of straight string sort (MALU still gets this wrong too... custom comparison function should be fairly easy).

I admit I took a shortcut there with reversing the order of season strings. ^^ I think it can be done, will try as soon as possible. (Edit: Done)

saka said:
I feel like the 'auto-login' setting under Program>General in settings should be grouped instead with the username and pass under Account... I can tell you're keeping the option open to have additional accounts with other services, and that makes it even more implied. After all, if I did have multiple accounts listed there, I probably wouldn't want all-or-nothing.

Nice guess. (: Yes, that was the reason I grouped it with other start-up options. The way you put it makes more sense to me now, consider it done. (Edit: Done)

saka said:
Probably something for down the road, but I wonder if you're considering making an automatic torrent downloader? It's probably the feature I would miss most switching from malu.... some kind of secondary window to poll a list of torrent searches and download ones matching the list (with added filters).

Torrent downloader is one of my favorites too and definitely going to be there. In fact, there was already one in the old Taiga (the one I wrote with VB6) which was able to check any source you want. I'm planning on a general RSS implementation this time which can be used to download torrents, to get news, to check airing times and so on. I'll probably keep this one for later though. I better focus on bug fixing and general improvements to get a stable release for now.
erengyJun 11, 2010 8:22 AM
Jun 11, 2010 3:09 PM

May 2008
I'm trying not to suggest too many new features, but nothing wrong with putting them off for later.

Would you be able to add the ability to send an http request to a url when the player starts/stops or manual updates are made? Such a thing is useful for updating scripted forum signatures and notifying other services. It would also be helpful to send some encoded POST/GET info with the episode data and whether the player is starting or stopping, but not necessary.

Also, I didn't see a manga list anywhere in the planned features... I imagine you're trying to keep it simple for now, but there should be one eventually.

Edit: one more thing... might want to make some kind of simple update service to keep everyone up to date. It can just be a second executable that checks a text file uploaded somewhere and replaces the main exe plus a setting in the startup options to check for updates that can be enabled/disabled.

I'll keep you as busy as possible... ;)
sakaJun 11, 2010 9:51 PM

I am a banana.
Jun 11, 2010 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
HTTP requests are very easy to do, shouldn't take much time to add as another announcement feature. I'll add this to today's build but as I don't have the means to test it, let me know if there's anything wrong or missing. (Edit: Done, but it seems like I need a design upgrade for my HTTP client to be able to handle multiple connections at the same time. This might take a bit longer.)

Honestly, I didn't give much thought to manga list until you mentioned. Now that I think about it, without automatic updates it should be easy to add too. There it goes to my to-do list.

Oh yes, keep me busy! (And people will think I'm an M. =p)
erengyJun 12, 2010 2:22 AM
Jun 12, 2010 11:50 AM

May 2008
  • I think Taiga should be a bit more verbose when you try to play the next episode but none is found (or current or numbered episode... same deal). It's just completely silent, where I would expect a notification in a tooltip or at least the status bar -- or both.

• When you watch something while not logged in, I guess it does some queuing since it processed my updates as soon as I logged back in. Perhaps there's some more intuitive way to indicate this (maybe somehow displaying the online/offline difference in the progress bar?), as I didn't think my updates were being processed at all.... In fact I didn't even realize I had been logged out since the icon is the same except for text and I got disconnected overnight so...
  • maybe there should be a different icon for login/logout?

I am a banana.
Jun 12, 2010 1:33 PM

Nov 2007
Okay, it shows "Could not find episode #" at the status bar now. Tooltips might be too obtrusive for this job.

Event buffer or update buffer as its previous name is always active. When some update fails for whatever reason, Taiga tries them again after a successful login or another item is added to the buffer. Only way to disable it is to disable updates; you can also choose not to save them when you exit the program from the settings window. As for the login status indication, I think changing the icon is a nice way to do it. I'll probably add it to tomorrow's build.

Edit:
I tried to set the default format string of HTTP announcements the same as MALU's PHP signature plugin to support existing scripts. But it only makes the request with an automatic list update at the moment. I don't have much knowledge how these scripts work, is it necessary to post every time you open/close a player and something in your list is detected? Should it make an announcement with manual updates too?
erengyJun 12, 2010 1:52 PM
Jun 12, 2010 1:49 PM

May 2008
Oh, so that's what the event buffer is... I didn't know what it did when I saw it in settings earlier. From the name I had guessed some kind of logging functionality that was still being implemented. Maybe that setting should be labeled something else.... like "Save queued events" or something to that effect.... 'event buffer' could mean a lot of things.

I am a banana.
Jun 12, 2010 2:10 PM

Nov 2007
Changed all "buffer"s to "queue"s. Were there any other settings that you could not understand? Or any misleading texts?
Jun 12, 2010 2:40 PM

May 2008
Hmm.... now that you mention it I kind of dislike the name "Specific" for series folders. Also, in the settings window for them, it says "Double-click an item to set a folder, right click to open menu" but atm there are no context menus that I can tell.

I just tried testing the HTTP Notification feature you added and haven't been able to get it to send anything. I've told it to send to my http server at localhost where I've got a php script to log the POST and GET info.... can't see anything in the access log though. What events trigger it to send at the moment? Does it need to be a new episode (that would trigger an update)?
sakaJun 12, 2010 2:47 PM

I am a banana.
Jun 12, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
If you cannot see a context menu then you must be using an older theme file, menus are stored in there too. Just overwrite everything with a new build, only thing that you'll lose is which media player is enabled and which is not.

HTTP notification is only triggered by an automatic list update at the moment as I mentioned some posts above. Playing some random episodes wouldn't work.
Jun 12, 2010 4:11 PM

May 2008
okay... fixed my theme file, that was it indeed.

Ah I didn't see that edit. It's sending a single request at update time, but there is no POST data for some reason.

127.0.0.1 - - [12/Jun/2010:16:05:48 -0700] "POST /taigatest/post.php HTTP/1.1" 200 -

======================
Sat, 12 Jun 10 23:05:49 +0000
array (
)
array (
)

The episode data is actually much less important than the request itself. In most circumstances, the signature script is php based and simply ignores the episode data (in favor of simply refreshing the rss feed from mal). It is kind of nice to send something along with it though... and if the start/stop of an episode can be distinguished then you can do stuff like live "now playing" in the script logic.

What is important is that any time mal is going to be updated, that the script get some kind of heads up so it can update the feed. So that means after an automatic update, a manual update, or even on login (since it might have missed an update).
sakaJun 12, 2010 4:18 PM

I am a banana.
Jun 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
I think I understand it now. As reading a feed and generating a new image every time someone requests to view it would be both too heavy on the server and slow, you only do it when you're sure the feed is updated and bring up the latest image.

I can add a new variable that shows playing status to Taiga's scripts, so that you can choose to send it along with or instead of the episode data. Would that be suitable for you? Something like "user=saka&status=0/1/2" maybe for stopped/playing/updated.

saka said:
It's sending a single request at update time, but there is no POST data for some reason.

I can see the data being sent with a HTTP debugger. Could it be that your format string is empty? Can you check it from the settings window? It is also possible that my HTTP class doesn't accept localhost as a valid host.
erengyJun 13, 2010 1:00 AM
Jun 13, 2010 2:31 AM

May 2008
erengy said:
I can add a new variable that shows playing status to Taiga's scripts, so that you can choose to send it along with or instead of the episode data. Would that be suitable for you? Something like "user=saka&status=0/1/2" maybe for stopped/playing/updated.
Yeah, that would be awesome. No need for numbers though unless they're more convenient for you -- strings are more descriptive. It's bugged me for a long time that malu never got this right, so thanks for all the hard work.

erengy said:
saka said:
It's sending a single request at update time, but there is no POST data for some reason.

I can see the data being sent with a HTTP debugger. Could it be that your format string is empty? Can you check it from the settings window? It is also possible that my HTTP class doesn't accept localhost as a valid host.
I do have a format string with your defaults, but somehow it gets lost along the way. This is the (quickly written) php I'm using to test though it probably doesn't help:
<?php file_put_contents('postinfo.txt',"======================\n".date(DATE_RFC822)."\n".print_r($_POST,true)."\n".print_r($_GET,true)."\n\n",FILE_APPEND); ?>
I've sent it posts from other sources and they're received just fine, so maybe your class hates localhost like you mentioned.... though that would be odd since I do get a request (with no post data). I'm heading to bed, but I'll check the http headers when I get up.... probably something simple.

I am a banana.
Jun 13, 2010 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
Alright, it's going to be strings then. I'll add this to today's build, let me know if you need any other data that you think might be useful.

I set up a local server (never done it before but it was much easier than what I expected) and tested on that PHP code. It turns out the problem occurs because I send the data URL encoded as in "user%3Derengy" instead of normal text like "user=erengy". I can easily change this behavior and when I do, the data I posted is listed just fine. But isn't it supposed to be encoded?
Jun 13, 2010 8:29 AM

May 2008
Yeah, that would do it... = and ? and & are all valid in a query string and aren't encoded, but if you have values inside the query string that have one of those characters (or anything other than [0-9a-zA-Z_-.~]) then it needs to be url encoded into the %'s. The way you were sending it is equivalent to sending Array( 'user=blah&info=...' => NULL )..... in fact I'm kind of surprised it didn't come through that way. I guess if there's no = then they get ignored.

I am a banana.
Jun 13, 2010 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
New build is up. It should post HTTP requests when a media player opens and the playing file is recognized (status=playing), when that player or Taiga is closed (status=stopped) and also on an automatic or manual update (status=updated). Don't forget to manually add "&status=%status%" to the format string before testing as the new build won't overwrite that setting.
Jun 13, 2010 11:57 AM

May 2008
working marvelously, thanks.

I am a banana.
Jun 15, 2010 9:19 AM

May 2008
I wonder if it would be possible for delayed updates that there be a countdown in the status bar or something.

I am a banana.
Jun 15, 2010 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
It is possible but why would you need it? Normally delay time should be up as you're watching something and your list gets updated in the background. The clock doesn't tick if media player window is not active, which also works on "wait for media player to close" setting. The delay time is only there to prevent undesired updates, at least that's what I intended to do. I can still add it if you have a convincing reason though. (:
Jun 15, 2010 10:16 AM

May 2008
well, it's true that most of the time you would be watching your media player full screen and not care... but it's nice to know exactly when the update is going to come if perhaps you are debating whether to continue watching.

The main reason for the request is that I have had an occasional bug with updates not being processed when in time delay mode... as if the timer is never created or something. The episode is detected perfectly but only shows as playing and never updates, nor are there any updates queued after the time expires. I wanted to perhaps get an indicator to make sure it's an actual bug and not my imagination.

This occurred for me this morning repeatedly when I had the delay set to 45 seconds, and then it began updating normally when I set it back to 10s on the same file... I had previously left Taiga on overnight which may have contributed, though it happened again when I closed and reopened it. If I had a countdown it would help me troubleshoot.

I am a banana.
Jun 15, 2010 11:37 AM

Nov 2007
Okay, that's convincing enough. (: I added a timer to the right side of the status bar, you can find it on today's build. Keep in mind that I didn't include error checking to ease troubleshoot. It goes below zero and appears as "00:0-1" when the countdown ends, it also seems to be counting down when you're playing an episode you've already watched but with that of course no update will occur. I'll change this behavior or remove the timer later.
Jun 15, 2010 11:59 AM

May 2008
okay thanks, will grab the latest build.

...still waiting for some kind of simple updater btw *nudge nudge*

edit: btw, I think it may have just been that the timer only decreases when the media player is the active window. I think that's actually a feature, though I had no idea why until you put the counter there. :3

(I use mpc-hc btw)
sakaJun 15, 2010 12:17 PM

I am a banana.
Jun 15, 2010 1:16 PM

Nov 2007
I've uploaded a new build every day for a week now. Just check it out once a day, it's good for your health. =p Joking aside, I don't think I can pull off a complete updater soon, maybe a notifier will suffice for now. (Edit: Done. It notifies you if there's a new version on startup and leads you to the related page if you want to download. There's also an option to enable/disable this feature.)

There used to be a "check whether media player is active or not" option in the old Taiga but I made it as the default behavior in the new one. It's still not completely reliable since the player window can be active but the user may have paused the video, though I think it's still nice to have it. (It's the same for all players including MPC-HC btw.)
erengyJun 16, 2010 10:53 AM
Jun 15, 2010 1:34 PM

May 2008
I wonder if that's a good idea, though. I know a few people who watch anime on one monitor while chatting in irc on a secondary monitor. In that case the episode will not update and it's not clear why without an indicator.

While I'm on the topic of updates, maybe there can be a "Do not update if episode out of range" option under Update settings. Then if you play episode 15 when you're only on 13, you'll get a warning and no update -- perhaps there could be a small red notice in the 'Watching' tooltip. This would also make the 'Play Random Episode' feature a bit more manageable when updates are automatic. MALU has a similar behavior.

I am a banana.
Jun 15, 2010 2:33 PM

Nov 2007
Oh great, people never cease to amaze me. I don't think I could do that even if I had two monitors, that's way too much for multitasking. ^^; Anyway, the option will inevitably return then. Thanks for the heads up. (Edit: Done)

I actually checked out all of MALU's settings a while ago and tried to weigh their necessity. It seems like that out of range thing may also go well with the random episode feature, so I think I can add it sometime soon. Maybe even tomorrow. (Edit: Done)
erengyJun 16, 2010 10:52 AM
Jun 19, 2010 11:06 AM

May 2008
When updating an episode number (and other integer fields), it might be nice to have a spinner (box with increment/decrement buttons) there instead of just a text field.

I am a banana.
Jun 20, 2010 3:55 AM

Nov 2007
Done. Other integer fields already had an up-down control as their buddy, now input dialog has one too. You can also increment/decrement using arrow keys and mouse wheel.
Jun 23, 2010 7:48 PM

May 2008
I have some tweak suggestions for the mIRC notification. You don't really have to address everything here, but I wanted to detail my thoughts:
  • The notification would probably best be done with an emote (/me) since it's an action. I tried prefixing my format with /me, but it simply printed the '/me'. Maybe Taiga could look for '/me ' at the beginning of the string, or have a checkbox.

• In the future, it would be better to have a way to manually send playing information instead of every time the media player starts. Failed recognition can be problematic, and it may not be desirable for every playback to be broadcast -- I end up going into settings to turn it on and off selectively.

I understand the desire to keep the interface clean, but it could probably be done transparently by adding a context menu on list items when they are playing (and a DDE server is present) that said 'Send to mIRC' or something. If that's a hassle, then simply a button in the settings window to manually send would work too (and it's handy for testing anyway, so having both wouldn't hurt).

• I suggest some changes to the default format string, as using '1' for black foregrounds is problematic for people who have a black background in their client (as many do, including myself). It's more desirable to use midtone colors for text, or specify a background. If you do need to switch to a color and then back to normal text, then simply kill all the formatting with a standalone control character.

I also noticed that my episode number was losing its first digit because it was directly followed by another digit (so '1%episode%' became '146', which gets interpreted as color 14 with a 6 after instead of 46 in black. The mIRC documentation recommends putting two-digit numbers when the following text might be a number. As titles can start with numbers also, this should be kept in mind there too. Just adding a leading zero fixes the issue.

For what it's worth, this is the style I settled on for now:

It's basically the same just with some color changes, some logic to ignore the episode if there's only one (for movies), and I like to show the score if there is one. For the watching/rewatching, I actually wanted to do something more like $if($less(%watched%,%episode%),Watching,Re-watching) but there are no comparitors (yet?).

• It may be a good idea to rename the %status% format you made for http notification to %playstatus% or something in case it becomes beneficial to use the actual list status(watching/completed/...) in the format strings in the future. I understand that it's pretty much always "Watching" or "Completed" in this case, but I can imagine uses for the list status in other notifications. I guess the %watched% number value is enough for the logic currently.

• I noticed some of the statuses in the format string don't have default values, so the inline previews don't work very well. Some of the % variables listed in the editor don't ever seem to output anything, like %name% and %version%.
sakaJun 23, 2010 8:11 PM

I am a banana.
Jul 10, 2010 3:27 PM

Apr 2007
Just a quick suggestion to the mIRC announce feature:
There are more text formating characters than just colors.
Now, I don't know the asci character # of these... so I'll type the hotkey then paste it inside quotes.
I know it's possible to simply copy these characters into the text field...
But since there's an option to add the color sign I feel like these would be a good idea to add as well ;)
It may look empty, but there will be something inside it!
Bold: Ctrl+B or ""
Italic: Ctrl+I or " "
Underline: Ctrl+U or ""
Disable all: Ctrl+O or ""
Note that italic text doesn't work in mIRC, it shows up as regular text.

Also...
The ability to send a signal to another copy of Taiga running on another machine would be awesome!
Example: I have my IRC on another machine but still watch some Anime on this one. ;)
If you decide to implement something like that make sure both clients can still do all tasks.
This becasue some ppl might preffer to have the machine they're watchin on to send the update to MAL,
while I personally want the announce machine to send the update. Mainly because it occasinally acts as an HTPC ;P
But put this on the horizon... get the basics in first ;)

. . . So much for a quick suggestion. :P
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Jul 11, 2010 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
Additional text formatting characters are placed on the menu now. Since italic text doesn't show up in mIRC, I added reversed color character instead. I also added a "do nothing" option for double and middle click events as you suggested on IRC yesterday, they're both going to be in the next build.

Your second suggestion refers to something like the network player plug-in of MALU, right? It seems reasonable to have it as a feature, now that you have explained why. Sure I'll try to add it when there's nothing else to do with higher priority.
Aug 10, 2010 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
Maybe it's only bugging me with every "listapp", but it would be good if I want to search in my list with the tags that it would treat the listed tags individualy ("exploding" by commas) and search them seperatly. Right now it searching them as whole strings.
Aug 12, 2010 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
Done, will be in the next build. It splits search input into words and searches for them separately now. It's not possible to search for something by enclosing it with quotes yet though. I'm not sure if it's necessary or not.
Aug 12, 2010 3:06 PM

Feb 2008
Great, thanks.
The sentence search not necessary, at least for me.
Aug 19, 2010 8:03 AM

May 2008
you should probably make it impossible to launch extra instances... I thought it was like that in previous builds, but I accidentally clicked twice on my taiga icon this morning and got two windows. I don't see any benefit in having more than one window, and it can cause all kinds of consistency havoc.

I am a banana.
Aug 19, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
That's strange. It's still supposed to be a single instance application, I don't remember changing any part of the code that relates to it. Can you try it more than once and check if it opens a new window every time? It acts the same as before and activates the first instance for me.
Aug 19, 2010 5:40 PM

May 2008
hmm that's weird -- I managed to do it earlier but it's behaving properly now. I have a Taiga icon in my quick launch and I accidentally double clicked instead of single... probably just got a really lucky race condition but I did indeed have two list windows and could access settings and everything normally in both.

edit: did it again

sakaAug 19, 2010 10:58 PM

I am a banana.
Sep 3, 2010 10:54 AM

May 2008
I've found that the torrent downloader is still a bit unruly in certain circumstances, so I wanted to offer some suggestions:

• There needs to be some method to easily discard torrents. The filters are useful, but often multiple torrents will match and I only want one of them. I can download the one I wanted, but the others will constantly trigger notifications until I watch that episode, or I download the superfluous torrents and discard them in utorrent.

• There does not seem to be any easy way to specify a single subber for a series, and some per-series filters are needed. Suppose that I am watching a series, and I want to download only releases from my favorite high quality sub group, but there are also releases from several speedsubbers and crunchyroll rips that come out first. The faster subs will match and trigger notifications for a long time before I can get the release from the group I want, and there is no way to avoid these subs short of putting in Exclude rules for every speed sub group. The problem there is you might actually want the speed subbers' releases for another series which means you'll have to deal with it every week.

One solution is to keep the current system, but to allow another condition on each filter rule that ties the filter to a series in your list. Then if I wanted to specify an individual subber, I can make a series-specific Include rule... keyword: [MySubber] series: The Series.... and the series would be optional, so you don't give up global filters. I do see some issues that could crop up by implementing this though.... for example you would have to ensure that filter rules are removed if a series is removed from the list, and with perhaps multiple rules for each series the filter list will start to pile up (maybe even getting very slow after a few hundred rules accumulate for old series you already finished). Some care would need to be taken to first consider the series status so that completed/dropped series were not considered in the rules instead of relying on status-based Exclude filters alone.... or you can just rely on the user to clear out old filters after a while which is also inconvenient.

I think the best arrangement is something closer to (but distinct from) MALU, where you have two sets of filters... one global, one series-specific, perhaps in different tabs in the setting dialog. The current global filters are great, and would not need changing. The series-specific filters would be generated from your list, and each series would have its own list of rules, which would work the same as the global ones but only when the series matches.

• I recommend changing the name of the filter types to "Require" instead of "Include", and "Discard" instead of "Exclude" as I feel this would be clearer.

• The current filters are not yet specific enough for me to trust them to auto-download, and even if they were it is likely that conditions would need to be met on a per-series basis (for example only if certain keywords match). MALU handles it by allowing you to only download torrents when there is a per-series filter match, and that is probably a good way to handle it. If series-specific filters are added, perhaps there could be a checkbox that would allow auto-download on a rule match.

I know that's probably a lot to digest, but I think it would greatly improve the torrent functionality. As always, I'm available here or in irc to clarify or expand on these, and I could help with the UI layout too if you run into roadblocks.

I am a banana.
Sep 7, 2010 10:40 AM

May 2008
For detection of new local episodes, it might be better to use the FileSystemWatcher class to monitor for changes inside the anime root directories, rather than manually checking via menu. A non-.NET alternative would be polling every half hour or something adjustable in settings.
sakaSep 7, 2010 11:09 AM

I am a banana.
Sep 8, 2010 10:52 AM

May 2008
Might be useful to add a search bar in the upper right of the torrent search results window, so manual searches can be performed instead of only exact title searches.

(no hurry for any of this btw, just putting my thoughts down for later)

I am a banana.
Sep 8, 2010 1:38 PM

Nov 2007
STOP. NOW.

I haven't been able to work much on Taiga since the last release, and you sir, are making me feel bad about it.

Now go on, ignore me, write down some new ideas. I'll just squat at this corner and continue to shrink...

(Serious note: This post is half-serious.)
Sep 8, 2010 1:47 PM

May 2008
lol, can only do what you can. :3

I am a banana.
Oct 11, 2010 10:06 PM

May 2008
I noticed that Taiga refuses to update if a show does not show as airing on the website (as of the last list refresh). At the beginning of this anime season I found a lot of first episodes not updating because I had last refreshed my list the day before they started airing, or the Airing status on MAL had not yet been updated even when the airing start date had passed.

I wonder if there is any way to also check the airing date, or perhaps simply give an "update anyway?" dialogue when trying to update instead (and also player close if not a manual update).

I am a banana.
Oct 15, 2010 3:27 PM

Nov 2007
This was more of a bugfix than a new feature, but yeah, done. It didn't actually refuse to update if you tried to do so manually, but refused to recognize those titles as you watched them. Now it also checks the airing date, not just the airing status.
Dec 31, 2010 2:50 PM

Jun 2007
Please let me edit everything about my list under "Edit all..". Especially the following:
- Total Episodes Downloaded
- Comments
- Rewatch Value
Jan 2, 2011 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
Coding part is almost done, all that's left is putting it together nicely on the UI now. Should be finished by the time next update is released.

Edit: Seems like I acted a bit hasty telling you that. MAL's API lets you update those values but there's no way to retrieve them :|
erengyJan 11, 2011 1:10 AM
Jan 2, 2011 3:32 PM

May 2008
I think it might be more intuitive if local episodes are checked automatically after a list refresh. The folder check itself seems fast enough that it shouldn't matter much, and I find myself doing that manually more than I should need to.

I know .NET has folder monitoring via the FileSystemWatcher class, so if it checked once after bootup and then monitored the folder for changes afterward it would really be ideal. I'd write it myself if I could but still poking around for now.
sakaJan 2, 2011 3:38 PM

I am a banana.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.