Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 11:40 PM
Aug 2022
It has finally come to an end. This was the first manga that I ever read. After watching the anime in summer 2022. I didn't know when will season 2 come out or maybe it may not come at all. But I just could'nt wait to find out what happended next. For me it was 10/10! I will really miss this manga. I really hope that they announce that season 2 is coming. It would be exciting to see all the manga chapters getting animated. It is hard to say goodbye. As I am a night owl and I really enjoying walking alone in the streets at night. But all good things must come to end. THANK YOU "CALL OF THE NIGHT". You will be missed!!!!
Jan 24, 12:14 AM
May 2022
_just_why said:
Kyubi4 said:
i dropped it after like chapter 130. did they end up together? did he turn into vampire? or is he with his schoolmate pal?

spoiler โš ๏ธ
No he didn't turn into a vampire but he is in a half vampire state, they do love each other the feeling is mutual but they are not living together or something, it's Nazuna running and Ko chasing after her, that's the ending yeah
it was a good read tho I would recommend you to pick it up again

thanks for summary. tbh i didnt really like the direction it went after he gained superpowers
Jan 24, 2:29 AM

Sep 2014
Looking back, I am surprised by some of the developments that happened, but knowing this is a vampire manga I probably shouldn't have. It is a bittersweet ending but very fitting.
Jan 24, 6:16 AM

Dec 2016
For me it's funny how we get several chapters to prepare ourselves for the inevitable parting of these two just for the last chapter to laugh at us and tell us "Don't be silly! How can these two be separated!"... Like, it is indeed a silly ending which is in tone with the manga, but then, all these prior chapters now feel usseles
Jan 24, 7:14 AM
Apr 2016
The last chapter was so good, i was really scared approching the 200th, but yeah, i'm just happy with the ending :D
Jan 24, 7:54 AM
Apr 2021
Going to miss this manga and the characters. ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿซก
Jan 24, 10:27 AM
Oct 2020
It's been a fun time. Gonna miss the unique banter between the characters. That was the thing that drew me most
Jan 24, 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
Simple yet captivating. When I remember the ending of Kotoyama previous manga, I should expect an ending in this style. What can I say, a great manga and surely I will want to come back for another read. Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone decides to make a full anime adaptation.

Jan 24, 12:19 PM
Oct 2020
It was a nice ride.
Jan 24, 12:57 PM
Jan 2022
think they’ll be a sequel?
Jan 24, 1:41 PM
May 2021
What a acc decent ending! Too be honest I think it was a good ending?! I enjoyed this series soo much man gonna miss it! Hopefully a s2 will get announced!!
Jan 24, 1:53 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The chapter itself was ok, I just don't understand why we were given a half ending like that, a real ending whether it be a happy ending where they actually come together or a dramatic ending would have been better. However yofukashi no uta had that vibe that made the manga special, for that reason alone it was really good. I have been following it for the last 2 years, I'm going to miss it ...

~bye Nazuna and Ko
Jan 24, 3:20 PM

Jan 2017
I think there is nothing I can write that better captures my feelings after this final chapter than what Eduardo Galeano, a prolific uruguayan writer, wrote about utopias: “(...) Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer; it moves two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of utopia? The point is this: to keep walking." It has been quite a journey and it is a pleasure to be alive to be able to enjoy it, to continue enjoying it, and to experience it with all of you, strangers from the internet, we have to be grateful for that, that we have enough humanity to be moved by art and have strong feelings, good or bad, when art and its dilemmas, its characters, its conflicts, its beginnings and its endings, its journeys, challenge us, just as in Yofukashi No Uta. Now Kou and Nazuna will have to walk, chasing each other, but isn't love like that too? Finally, "C'est la vie" they say in French, "that's life," and today I think it may be true.

A big hug to all, it has been a pleasure! See you soon Nazuna and Kou.

Jan 24, 3:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I expected a sad ending after the recent chapters, at least it was a bittersweet one I would say, still positive for the characters...
Jan 24, 4:14 PM

Mar 2014
FUDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEE I WANT MORE KO AND NAZUNA MOMENTS!

But at last I'm satisfied with this ending.

Can't wait until Kotoyama 's next work, he's so good at drawing alluring and cute main female leads!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 24, 6:23 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to KaanAlper
@Ionreallysleep dude nothing happened, how it could be perfect can you explain me???
@KaanAlper For me it's a 10/10, it doesn't break the rule of falling in love in vampires and they can be together for a lifetime, just think it could take 50 years until yamori can no longer defend himself on his own and by then it's possible for nazuna to finally take his blood and die without regrets with her beloved.

English is not my native language, sorry if there are mistakes
Jan 24, 7:24 PM
Sep 2018
Story got no conclusion whatsoever but its ultimately how it went from the start, so at least its consistent. Series was 9 for me but probly will drop it by 1 just for how little closure this ending brings.
Hope there is a follow up series or something
Jan 24, 7:42 PM
Oct 2021
It was kinda Underwhelming finale. They really went down the convenient path but i still love the series. It made me feel all kinda emothins
Jan 25, 12:54 PM
Jul 2021
IMHO

OMG … superb, ambivalent ending …

Great piece of writing!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
Jan 25, 12:55 PM

Jan 2019
Ending was okay. I wish there was more exploration into the half-vampire state. Plus Nazuna was birthed as a vampire, not turned. Would the curse apply to a bona fide vampire? Guess I'll never know.
Jan 25, 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
Great ending Glad they got to be together and not die together
Jan 26, 6:12 PM
Apr 2021
What an amazing ride man I’ll miss Kou and Nazuna, kinda wished they kissed at end but that’s just me but I still loved the ending it was chill ending๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ’™
Jan 29, 11:33 AM
Aug 2021
KaanAlper said:
@Ionreallysleep dude nothing happened, how it could be perfect can you explain me???

There's a certain beauty some people find in a quiet fulfilling ending like this. Even though nothing happened, if you look closely in the way the chapter and the previous one are told you can tell that it wraps the story in a silent manner without making anything concrete. It's sorta of an open ending where what happens from now on can only be speculation based on the last few pieces of dialog between characters. So in a way, it's a perfect ending for what the story is, silent and quiet, just as the night, the biggest motif of the manga.
Jan 29, 11:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This mangaka makes extremely fun and attractive characters and dynamics, but as far as stories go, he seems to always be afraid to committing to anything final or that might set a full stop anywhere. Beautiful esthetically, artistically competent, but ultimately not very filling
That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope to see some evolution in that sense in his work in the future
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 4:04 AM
Feb 2022
Manga is nowhere above an 8/10. The last 80 or so chapters weren't that great, the ending is just... meh?
Jan 30, 4:05 AM
Feb 2022
What a rushed ending! Loved how a lot of things weren't addressed, great stuff!
Feb 1, 3:05 AM

Apr 2013
I expected a lil more from the ending... The last few chapters took an interesting turn with how they decided to handle the whole vampire and human situation. Wish they expanded more on it though, especially when the both of them are ~not like the other girls~ (not like the other vampires / humans). I wanted to know if the same rules applied to them lol.
Feb 5, 10:59 PM
Jul 2020
What an aggressively mediocre ending lmao

That said, the ride was good
Feb 7, 5:37 PM
Nov 2010
Wow in my 15 plus years of being an anime fan this is the first series I have ever read the manga for. I loved the adaptation and with no news of any new seasons and hearing the manga just finished I completed it in 2 days! This leaves me with the same feeling Toradora left me all those years ago. I wanted to see them have some miracle happen or a loop hole so we could see them stay together. I am happy that I read this manga and I understand the outcome, just selfishly wanted to see them together fully embracing their love.
Feb 15, 6:58 PM
Jul 2019
terrible ending, nothing got resolved, we got closure on none of the other characters. unsatisfying ending for an otherwise great series. everything after the hokkaido arc was just... okay at best, but this ending is offensively bad. waste of time.
Feb 19, 12:24 PM
Nov 2023
Okay i am late here haha nvm
I read it in two night continously !
it was really a wholesome and great journey for me but i am still a bit dissatisfied about the ending ....not like i don't liked it its just that i was expecting some more shots and some more ....seriously A BIT MORE

like what happened to the full vampire gang after 3 years i know not much changes would be there but still .....they would have a toast after 3 years reunion and all the stuff...i really wish for a side story for anko too !! (her teenage and other vamp cases)

but i would rate it 10/10 either way cause the ending panel got me !
Feb 24, 11:33 PM

May 2021
Perhaps not a great ending but I get this sort of feeling, like saying goodbye to two people who I have known very well. I am definitely going to miss these two fools, that's for sure. I say fool, even as he aspires to be a detective(glad that wasn't forgotten).

Also, would have loved to see the others one last time but I guess seeing Anko is more than good enough.

So, Anko and Kou's adventures as vampire detectives side story when?

Mar 2, 6:31 PM

Nov 2016
I'm really conflicted on how I feel about the ending. I was hoping for a happy ending and not the bittersweet ending that we got.
Mar 5, 2:20 PM
Nov 2011
Rushed but still gold
Mar 7, 2:12 AM
Feb 2021
the ending could've been better but i guess the author saved the conclusion with Kou's ability to maintain his half vampire state even after the one year mark. overall i really enjoyed this manga and for two years it has always entertained me and kept me hooked.
Mar 9, 11:56 AM
Mar 2021
Had a great time reading this, despite the bittersweet ending, I'll remember this manga for a while.
Apr 11, 4:14 PM

Mar 2015
It could have abruptly ended on Hokkaido and I wouldn't feel different to this ending.
Can't say I'm happy to see another separation, time skip, reunion type ending.
I know they're okay, but I can't help but think, "that's it?".
Apr 19, 1:25 PM

Aug 2018
The bittersweet ending was nice, but I feel like the last quarter of the manga dragged on and felt pointless. Meh.
Apr 25, 12:39 AM
Jan 2018
I wish Kou had the lifespan of a vampire so he could accompany Nazuna for longer. The author did hint that Kou's father might be a vampire in chp 182.
But Kou grew up like a normal human so I wasn't sure about his lifespan.
MarkGohApr 25, 12:47 AM
Yesterday, 4:22 AM
Jan 2017
“Let's keep playing tag until the day we die.” - Nazuna.

Nazuna, at this point, would probably die only if she sucked Ko's blood.

They get to be in each others company. Ko will age due to his mortality. And Nazuna can be by his side that way, for decades. Once they've lived their lives, Nazuna can just suck on Ko's blood when he's close to death. They'd have played tag until until the day they die.

If this is not a complete ending, I don't know what it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Chapter 182 Discussion

japieer - Aug 15, 2023

16 by RayFantasian »»
Yesterday, 4:28 AM

» chapter count not showing

oogaboogascary - Jan 25

5 by YosuXD »»
Mar 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Chapter 197 Discussion

MegamiRem - Dec 26, 2023

19 by RioFS »»
Feb 19, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Chapter 129 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Jun 30, 2022

7 by Syureria »»
Jan 29, 5:56 AM

» great ending but need answer for some question

Kanashito - Jan 25

6 by Luviatan »»
Jan 27, 10:39 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.