Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 15, 2020 11:44 AM
Oct 2019
Okay little by little it's connected now, i like how they show Shion is doing her research about the victim of Oyashiro-sama curse..

Now this is connected to the 2nd arc but from Shion perspective, and are Shion really hearing those footsteps, or?
Oct 28, 2020 8:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This was actually brought back another confusion. Shion actually received the same experience as a cursed people there. But, she also sign the same madness 'demon' side like Mion while in her apartment room. The situations became complex when Keiichi arrived to her live. The memories came back again, because Keiichi held the same behaviour and habit like Satoshi. The real question about whos right and wrong still blurry. As a cursed people, Shion might be wishes her family to died. But, she also needed one sacrificed. The deal with her 'demon' still unknown. And i shall clear myself that the whole Kotoko and these one actually a different storyline. Oh, well, absolutely, mindfucked me. The next one would be a blast. Either its a truth that Shion became a Mion and transformed all of the rampage under Mion's name, or a true devil was still under Mion soul as she always showed her jealousy against Shion. Everyone just a complete insane personal. Such an unfortunate, Rika had a less screen time over here. Because it might give me another hint about the real situations there.

But, one or two thing that became more clear now, at least for me, that the sound of a footstep was a sign of curse. Shion seemed to had the 'demon' side too. Keiichi really had the similarity to Satoshi. The answering and the real plot had a different scenario, while the plot still led into the truth. Well, as a conclusion, i hope the next one will closed the question about a zombie matter that became my main highlight at the second arc. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 30, 2020 2:51 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode with a bunch of answers but, there's still a lot to unravel.

I am glad Mion didn't leave Shion behind, she has responsibility as a head but she still cares for Shion. And I am glad to see Keiichi again, it's been a while.

Damn, those footsteps are terrifying. I never liked being from behind so, that shit is disturbing. How exactly did Rena overcome the curse, is it because she went back to Hinamizawa? Well I am sure it will be answered eventually.
Mar 12, 2021 9:03 PM

May 2020
Awesome awesome episode. It really feels like the pieces are starting to come together now.
May 24, 2021 8:10 PM

Oct 2016
When reading the visual/sound novel, I was really creeped out by the thing about the extra footsteps and the thumping sound in the ritual tools shed only Shion could hear, but it will be explained later. Hang in there, folks.

Dec 20, 2021 7:46 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i say and nice to see stuff be more cohesive now

Jan 10, 2022 4:17 AM
Jun 2017
I don't understand Mion, one time she is kind, the other time she is creepy as fuck
Mar 1, 2022 11:00 PM

Jul 2019
Takano san knew too much... Those knocking on wood inside the storage that followed Shion reminded me of Edgar Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart". And now blood will hit the fan I guess.
Jun 1, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2020
If anyone's confused, it's basically the second timeline from a different perspective so that we understand what was going on in the second loop.
Aug 25, 2022 2:14 PM
Aug 2020
my boy Keiichi is back at last. I was missing him :D
Aug 28, 2022 9:03 AM

Feb 2021
Are all the 'spirited' people under that swamp? Won't know until someone clears that area and checks if there really are decomposing bodies in there.

I was hating on Mion but she re-achieved my respect for her when she showed that she too had her nails ripped out.

Shion saw Satoshi in Keiichi. And she was jealous of Mion getting to love someone she fell for. Over time, she too fell for Keiichi.

So Shion went to the shrine to get clues about Satoshi and asked Keiichi since she knew Mion liked Keiichi and wouldn't do anything to them if they got caught.

Also, Shion really did hear those thumping/tapping sounds but she lied to Keiichi and made it look like she was joking.

So has Shion really been seeing the actual deity ever since she had been to the shrine or was it just her paranoia?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.