Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 26, 2008 9:20 AM
Oct 2007
My first post in the forums will be a reply here lol.
Here's the list of MMORPGs that I've played over the years:
Lineage II (private server)
Ragnarok Online (private and retail)
Ragnarok Online 2 (beta)
Guild Wars (2 accounts all campaigns)
FlyFF
RappelZ
RF Online
Perfect World
R.O.S.E. Online (beta and retail)

I would LOVE to play CabalOnline but I can't since its Europe only. :/
Feb 26, 2008 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
The only free MMO I still play is Guild Wars. Been playing since it realeased, don't plan on stopping now.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Feb 26, 2008 9:32 AM
Oct 2007
The main mmo I play almost all the time is GW. Ive got one of each profession and I'm still loving it.
Feb 26, 2008 9:38 AM

Mar 2007
SeZMehK, if you live in the US, you can play OGPlanet's version, it's free and there is a cash shop (not sure if has been added yet) http://cabal.ogplanet.com/

Also, another free MMO game is Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO) http://domo.aeriagames.com/
Feb 26, 2008 11:53 AM

Jan 2008
besides gw (which i play/played since release) i only played flyff. i thought the flying part could be interesting, but i got bored very soon (just grinding for lvls/gear).
Feb 26, 2008 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
kinimi said:
the best free mmorpg experience ive ever had was lineage 2 private servers. currently i play wow and lineage almost rivals the experience. grinding is a lot funner in L2, just too bad it doesnt have class balance

Private servers ARE all about inbalance.... Even my own server. I'm one of the lesser serveradmins to admit it, i know, but that's what i call fair.
Feb 27, 2008 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
kinimi said:
Chavez said:
kinimi said:
the best free mmorpg experience ive ever had was lineage 2 private servers. currently i play wow and lineage almost rivals the experience. grinding is a lot funner in L2, just too bad it doesnt have class balance

Private servers ARE all about inbalance.... Even my own server. I'm one of the lesser serveradmins to admit it, i know, but that's what i call fair.

official servers are balanced then? i think i heard in L2, even official servers were incredibly imba. the servers i played werent really customized either, pretty close to official, just higher rates. its been years since i played though.

so what exactly in pservers creates imbalances?

The serverfiles released by the 'illegal' NCSoft personell aren't the final release. The servers may look pretty close to official, but they are totaly not.

Then there's the difference between Official files and L2J files. L2J is totaly unbalanced and more bugged than any game. Prophets own and Destroyers not. Buffs stack up to 8 rows, and skills such as Anchor have an incredible succeed rate on raidbosses.
Feb 28, 2008 1:47 PM

Oct 2007
played:

guild wars
maplestory (eh.....) ^^'

playing (when i get time)

flyff (quite good actually.)
Mar 31, 2008 7:14 PM

Dec 2007
audition online is really good! ^_^

Mar 31, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
If it's free, I've probably given it a try >.> but the only free MMOs that I've spent a substantial time playing were Maple Story, Flyff and Trickster. None of them were really all that great but they killed time =/

The current major time killer is Mabinogi, which I think is definitely worth checking out btw ;)
Mar 31, 2008 8:47 PM

Jan 2008
i`ve played flyff and got a lv 56 merc but got bored and dont play it anymore
also tales of pirates but i got my wii and stop playing

Mar 31, 2008 9:42 PM

Oct 2007
MistaCloudStrife said:
I've played ROSE and Pristontale when they were free.

i loved pristontale when it was free, except for the major lag it had. i was so addicted it was bad. it's free again though, its not the type of MMO that's worth paying for. i defenitely wanted to try to get back into at some point but i'm afraid of losing my life hahaa.

that said, i havent really been addicted to an RPG since.

Bard said:
The only MMORPG free that had me hooked for a while (now they're moving the servers in the US so it's down for a while) was Lunia.
The combat system is action based so you actually get to do something and your skill is worth a bit. Especially boss fights are quite fun since you have to move your character to dodge his attacks and that is true both for melee classes and mages or healers.

Lunia was really hard to solo in, and at a certain point (especially as a healer) you really couldnt beat levels without other players, and then there werent enough players to find someone to play with you. If there were a variety of characters and more skills and such i'd like it much better. but i felt it got boring real quick (like after a month and a half)

kiratsuki009 said:
audition online is really good! ^_^

thats the like dancing game right? i played it for like 2 weeks before getting frustrated and bored with it hahaaa.

is DOMO any good? worth playing? i feel like there are so many "new" mmo and i dont want to have to try each one to see if they're any good or not...
Apr 1, 2008 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm...well,I have played:
MapleStory
Knigh Online
MuOnline
Runescape
Dofus
Tibia (I HATE this game)
Gunbound
Gunz
Puzzle Pirates
KartRiderz
Maybe more,but I can't remember.
And currently playing Flyff...
Apr 3, 2008 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
Too many to mention.
At the moment Perfect World.

我爱你

Apr 3, 2008 11:23 AM

Mar 2008
Guys... Its all about Cabal Online. Best free to play mmo in my opinion...
Apr 3, 2008 11:45 AM

Feb 2007
What free MMORPGs lack in comparison to games such as World of Warcraft is depth and often newly coined word amongst game developers, "immersiveness". Popular games such as Flyff offer a complex enough systems, however the quests become all too predictable and repetitive, offering little variation to the gameplay. No matter how good a game looks, unless it keeps you on your toes without having to do repetitive tasks for excessively long periods of time, than the game will succeed. Or do what WoW does, make the tasks worth doing, or not too long, or offer more variability in the worlds and quests.

Apr 5, 2008 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
I plan to play Trickster Online. Downloading the game right now.
Apr 5, 2008 3:38 PM

Mar 2008
I played runescape for the longest time, though I pretty much quite some time ago.
I played maplestory but it got very repetitive...
and meny others I played looking for something new, oh well... I'll stick to my RPGs
Feb 5, 2009 3:26 AM
Jun 2008
Ragnaork Online .
I am desparate to find a MMORPG I can enjoy playing.

i believe the thing is now what game you play, but how you play it.

Need someone in your guild? i am disponible, depends on game and server.
Feb 5, 2009 6:27 AM

Jun 2008
Played Flyff quite a bit, then it got bored with the nonstop grinding.
Feb 5, 2009 6:27 AM

Nov 2008
Private servers rock
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
Feb 5, 2009 6:35 AM
Jun 2006
tangellofello said:
What free MMORPGs lack in comparison to games such as World of Warcraft is depth and often newly coined word amongst game developers, "immersiveness". Popular games such as Flyff offer a complex enough systems, however the quests become all too predictable and repetitive, offering little variation to the gameplay. No matter how good a game looks, unless it keeps you on your toes without having to do repetitive tasks for excessively long periods of time, than the game will succeed. Or do what WoW does, make the tasks worth doing, or not too long, or offer more variability in the worlds and quests.

wow is pretty much repetetive aswell.. no new mmorpgs keep you on your toes, since they are all catered to the insta-gratification kids of today :P
Feb 5, 2009 7:47 AM

Dec 2007
izikiel said:
tangellofello said:

wow is pretty much repetetive aswell.. no new mmorpgs keep you on your toes, since they are all catered to the insta-gratification kids of today :P

Agreed. Lately, all MMORPG's are based on grinding for gear that'll make any noobcake player be superior to other players that have skill. For example, Lineage 2 used to be all about skill in Chronicle 1 and 2, afterwards they destroyed it completely by adding ridiculous bonuses on items that can be obtained with a simple quest that only requires time.
Feb 5, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
I was actually playing Flff until quite recently, ive got my accounts on there still incase i ever play again.

i have a LVL 70 AOE Knight and a LVL 50something Acro going Bow Jester.

anyways enough of that, other games i played were Rapplez and i played Rose online back in the day when it was free.

Feb 5, 2009 11:11 AM

May 2008
I have playing flyff, last chaos and Rapplez. However, Flyff is the only one of those games that I have come back to and played again after awhile xD
Feb 5, 2009 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
Serenti said:
I have playing flyff, last chaos and Rapplez. However, Flyff is the only one of those games that I have come back to and played again after awhile xD

yeah same with me, i played it years ago, then i came back to it recently lol

ive stopped playing it again after months of non-stop flyff, but i'll probably go back to it again in a few years lmao xD

Feb 6, 2009 3:44 AM
Jun 2006
Chavez said:
izikiel said:
tangellofello said:

Agreed. Lately, all MMORPG's are based on grinding for gear that'll make any noobcake player be superior to other players that have skill. For example, Lineage 2 used to be all about skill in Chronicle 1 and 2, afterwards they destroyed it completely by adding ridiculous bonuses on items that can be obtained with a simple quest that only requires time.

will be interesting to see how darkfall and or Aion plays out later this year. Also T.E.R.A looks frigging awesome ( graphically at least :) )
Feb 6, 2009 10:19 AM

Dec 2007
Feb 11, 2009 8:49 PM
Jul 2008
try torncyti
Feb 12, 2009 2:14 PM

Jul 2008
I've played Rappelz, Flyff, Hero Online, and Conquer Online.
None were able to keep attention for too long :/ or almost any MMORPG for that matter.

However, I am looking forward to Aion and Darkfall. They look interesting :D
Feb 12, 2009 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
The best free MMORPG would be:

Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE (NA)
Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE (JP)

Although I got the closed beta invite for the NA version of the game, I never actually get to try it since my computer is way under specs. To play the game, you must have a computer with very high specs. See here.
Feb 16, 2009 5:53 AM

Feb 2009
normally im not one for free mmoish games, but that exteel game the one poster mentioned looks pretty sweet. im dling right now.
Feb 16, 2009 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Don't play guild wars. Word of good advice there, we lost 600 hours to that load of wapanese crap when we were younger.

There are maybe like, 3 people on at most right now. All of them have max titles and an e-penis that extends throughout all of Tyria, no one cares, though.
Feb 16, 2009 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
Whats up with all these free MMORPG's? Id much rather pay to play a decent one. The ones that are good and free u gotta pay for in the end anyway. wzup?
Feb 16, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
Pewdie said:
Whats up with all these free MMORPG's? Id much rather pay to play a decent one. The ones that are good and free u gotta pay for in the end anyway. wzup?

I'm strapped for cash right now thats why im trying that free mech game :P

normally i'd play wow or warhammer online.
Feb 17, 2009 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
sucks for u
Feb 17, 2009 11:08 AM

Dec 2007
kelius said:
normally i'd play wow.

I'm waiting for an excuse...
Feb 17, 2009 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
Pewdie said:
sucks for u

:C
Feb 17, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2008
i have GW prophecies and factions hmm free mmo i played shin megumi tensei its from ariea game
Mar 8, 2009 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
kelius said:
Pewdie said:

I'm strapped for cash right now thats why im trying that free mech game :P

normally i'd play wow or warhammer online.

Which one? Zero Online?

[url][/url]
Mar 9, 2009 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
I played Global Mu Online, Grand Chase and once tried WoW in private serw.
Apr 29, 2009 12:19 PM

Oct 2008
I play Cabal Online (NA/US) in the Venus server. Usually I'm found in ch 15. PM me in game if you need help ^^ Same Ch00k anywhere.
Apr 29, 2009 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
Played Maplestory for years until I realized you can't do jack without paying for stuff.
Then I played Perfect World International for a bit which was actually pretty fun, but was far too repetative.

Tried Runescape for a day, realized how bad it was, aborted mission.

Now trying Pokemon World Online. It's freakin sweet, but loaded with glitches as it is still in early beta.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Apr 29, 2009 3:50 PM
May 2008
Why do people like bumping dead topics? FFS
Apr 29, 2009 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
I have got Guild Wars, pretty cool. I have tried ragnarok, but i didn't like it much =/.
Jun 5, 2009 9:58 PM

Mar 2007
Time to bring this back to life....
Dragonica is coming out soon but i think you'll have to be able to read Mandarin.
http://ml.playcool.com/

and Blade and Soul by ncSoft should be coming out soon.

and Galaxy Online
For a free space strategy mmo its pretty deep. Give it a shot if you like that kind of stuff.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 5, 2009 10:16 PM

Jan 2008
The only one I've ever attempted to play is Flyff and I only played it for about an hour before uninstalling it to make space for anime. Some people have said that they played Second Life but that's not really a MMORPG, it's a MMOSG or something like that. As far as those go, I've played around with Second Life and I'm currently playing Ai Sp@ce.
Jun 6, 2009 12:52 AM

May 2009
Fade said:

we all do!

I've tried TOP and Trickster. As far as online games go, i absolutely loathe mmorpgs that get you to click on things to kill it. In life, its called AIMING. Which is why i want to play Monster Hunter online now :D
Jun 6, 2009 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
Fade said:
For me: Because it's in my watching list and I like replying to questions like your's.
Jun 6, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
Rose Online
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
17 minutes ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.