Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 18 Discussion


#1
May 31, 2010 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5451
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can understand transforming her so that her so that she could make it back to the hospital without dieing, but trying to take her to the audition when he knows it'll kill her seems to be pretty stupid. it really wasn't that important in the overall scheme of things and I'm sure she would have understood if he'd bothered to explain it to her.

also, that peppy commercial break is horribly inappropriate for the dramatic tone of large sections of this anime :/
 
#2
Jun 1, 2010 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
No, she was only in danger going to the audition as Mitsuki in her weak condition as she DID almost die on the way. Once he transformed her, she was okay. He took her there because he knew how important it was to her. You will notice, Takuto has a very hard time saying "no" to Mitsuki. It's one of his character flaws....or strengths, depending on how you look at it. But she's pretty much got him wrapped around her little finger!
Modified by Chiibi, Jun 1, 2010 9:26 AM



 
#3
Jun 1, 2010 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5451
I'd disagree, the danger wasn't only from the trip to the audition, if it was then the word would have disappeared as soon as she transformed. but it didn't disappear until after the audition was over so I think there was also the danger of Madoko going psycho and killing her or of some sort of accident happening or something if she actually went to the audition.
 
#4
Jun 1, 2010 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
I dunno then....but it doesn't matter because nothing bad actually happened because Takuto helped her....

Lol Madoka's spiteful but she'd never try to kill anybody.



 
#5
Nov 3, 2010 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5451
the point was, he shouldn't have helped her in the first place. if he really cared about her he would have simply told her why he couldn't help her and unless she was really really stupid/suicidal she would have understood.

I dunno, she strikes me as the sort who has poor impulse control. though I agree that she'd probably feel bad about it after.
 
#6
Nov 3, 2010 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
jacobpaige said:
the point was, he shouldn't have helped her in the first place. if he really cared about her he would have simply told her why he couldn't help her and unless she was really really stupid/suicidal she would have understood.

I dunno, she strikes me as the sort who has poor impulse control. though I agree that she'd probably feel bad about it after.


Don't you understand? He said to Meroko that "if Mitsuki couldn't sing, she might die just because of that". And Mitsuki is very stubborn-just like in episode 42, even if he told her she couldn't go, it wouldn't do any good.
Modified by Chiibi, Nov 3, 2010 11:08 AM



 
#7
Nov 3, 2010 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5451
I'm not saying he should have told her that she couldn't sing, just that she should pass on that particular audition. sure it would damage her career, but it wouldn't stop her from singing and she wouldn't die until the appointed time. I don't think she was so shortsighted that she wouldn't have been able to understand that.
 
#8
Oct 23, 2011 11:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
okay everyone seems to be totally ignoring the fact of the thing meroko did to stop her...many which could have harmed her....she seemed even malicious when she did it...
 
#9
Nov 2, 2011 8:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
Hermit_Odin said:
okay everyone seems to be totally ignoring the fact of the thing meroko did to stop her...many which could have harmed her....she seemed even malicious when she did it...


That's........

THAT'S HILARIOUSLY IRONIC.

Ahhh one of the bigger reasons why I love this series so much. The irony is delicious. XD



 
Aug 13, 2012 10:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 136
Gah, I hate this show!!!!

Why is it making me cheer for a couple that I know can't happen!?!? Gah, this show is going to make me cry, isn't it?!?! Isn't it?!

Soo, Takuto was lying when he said it was CPR, right? I just don't get it though; he said she wasn't breathing, so he thought it would be smart to suffocate her with a kiss?! No matter how adorable it was (and let's face it, everything about this couple IS adorable), doesn't that seem counterproductive..? Jeez. Takuto.

Ah well, bring forth the waterworks: Takuto x Mitsuki <3
 
Aug 22, 2012 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
xxxTsubasa said:

Soo, Takuto was lying when he said it was CPR, right? I just don't get it though; he said she wasn't breathing, so he thought it would be smart to suffocate her with a kiss?! No matter how adorable it was (and let's face it, everything about this couple IS adorable), doesn't that seem counterproductive..? Jeez. Takuto.


Lol, no, it WAS the "anime version" of CPR. XD He was breathing into her. They make it look more like a kiss to make it more romantic. This very sexy cliche has been around since the dawn of time. XD

(Yes, EVERYTHING about TakutoxMitsuki is adorable-that's why they're my favorite ship!)



 
Apr 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3816
Great episode. I like Takuto even more now. It's impossible not to ship Takuto x Mitsuki after this episode.
 
Sep 7, 2013 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 388
Mizuki can just die for all I care, I really hate that dumb bitch, she was saved by the fact that she is the main character. Takuto is an idiot too for helping her. Meroko is the only likable character for me so far.
 
Sep 18, 2013 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6063
MoeXtreme said:
Mizuki can just die for all I care, I really hate that dumb bitch, she was saved by the fact that she is the main character. Takuto is an idiot too for helping her. Meroko is the only likable character for me so far.


O_____________O
HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH CRUEL THINGS!? Mitsuki's not a dumb bitch-SHE'S TWELVE. And anime main characters die all the time. She was saved because it was not her time to die.
And Takuto's not an idiot for helping her-HE'S KIND-HEARTED AND LOVES HER.
Got that?
You only like Meroko? Gee, I bet it's because she has pink hair and wears a slutty outfit, judging by your profile. =_= Meroko was the one who acted like a BITCH in this episode! She was not likable at all in these scenes.
Modified by Chiibi, Sep 18, 2013 3:18 PM



 
Dec 7, 2013 1:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16288
In the last episode discussion I thought I was the only one rooting for Takuto x Mitsuki but it seems this is the most popular ship in the anime! I wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, on the actual episode: All the drama they built up the last episode (Meroko's confession) came crashing down as soon as I heard Takuto say this: "Yeah I know, but that's like the 57th time"

And I thought the confession was special xD

I'm sure everyone can guess what the highlight of the episode was: the kiss scene! I'm 100% convinced Takuto x Mitsuki is the OTP.

I don't know how their relationship will work though since Takuto is a death reaper. Maybe he will be able to turn back into a human or something? It's anime so anythings possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

jacobpaige said:
I'm not saying he should have told her that she couldn't sing, just that she should pass on that particular audition. sure it would damage her career, but it wouldn't stop her from singing and she wouldn't die until the appointed time. I don't think she was so shortsighted that she wouldn't have been able to understand that.
That's the problem with Mitsuki though. She was determined to go to the audition no matter what even if it killed her. There was no way for Takuto to persuade her otherwise.

Remember that when Mitsuki thought Takuto wouldn't come to help her she decided to go to the audition anyway (even though she knows she has no chance of passing without his powers). This proves how strongly she cares about her promise with Eichi.

@Chiibi
I'm impressed that you've managed to keep track of this board for so long! It goes to show how much you like this anime ^^
Modified by emeraldrosary, Dec 7, 2013 1:20 PM
 
Aug 1, 2015 10:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2076
The people walking the streets where a bunch of douchebags like not even one person went to ask this little girl why she's just lying down on the pavement, and Meroko can be spiteful shrew.
 
Feb 26, 2018 5:20 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 14093
Kinda sad that to see that all the effort was in vain and they didn't make it :/ Maybe the stress resulting from not being able to make it will be responsible for shortening her life.

Anyway,it was a very emotional episode.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Jul 29, 9:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1184
Madoka won... I guess it was expected since Mitsuki even had time to take a freaking nap. I don't I know how commercials are supposed to go in Japan, but I guess Mitsuki missing this chance isn't that big of a deal.

It seems next ep will be start of something new.
 
Top