Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2010 12:29 PM

Feb 2010
Just finished my first J-drama which was Hana Yori Dango S1, 2 and the movie and now I'm looking for a change in type of show.

Would like something that has some shocking and dark moments. The genre doesn't matter and it could be romance for all I care but as long as it meets the criteria and it's 100% enjoyable, thanks =).

A one sentence summary would be appreciated.
Jun 14, 2010 4:55 AM
Jun 2010
man i have had this one that i just cannot remember the name for my life but i can give a description. It s about 2 boys that go to chiba after an "earthquake" hit. They are going for different reasons, find a long lost friend just help people. but when they get there they soon find out its not an earthquake but something else. Apperently there is something that is killing all the adults and all the kids are left. Soon its turns into survival of the fittest. sorry but that is the best summary i can give without spoilers. Also sorry again no name....
Jun 14, 2010 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
Aishiteru - Although Noguchi Satsuki has some communication problems with her son and husband, she feels great and watches them both work hard. Just like Ozawa Seiko, who has two children and a hard working husband. There is no connection between them, only the fact they two make a happy family -- that is what those two are thinking. But Satsuki's dear son, Tomoya, killed Kiyotaka, which is Seiko's little child. That is the point where both lives turn around. Why would such a little child kill?
- MDL (This series was amazing.)

Byakuyakou - Kirihara Ryouji and Karasawa Yukiho are bound by tragic faith from a young age to become partners in crime. A moving story of the lengths to which one would go in love, to protect another, even at death's cost.
- MDL (I suggest you not to wiki this up if you don't want to know the tragic reasoning since a lot of sites go ahead and talk about it, but if you don't mind you can go ahead and check it out.)

I'm going to be starting Byakuyakou soon, since the movie version will be coming out. But I've heard good things about it and the darkness are there for both series.

Enjoy~ =)
Jun 19, 2010 1:50 AM

Jul 2007
Try Maou, Long Love Letter, and Dragon Head.
<---made of awesome!
Jun 19, 2010 2:17 AM

Feb 2010
Thanks everyone. Just finish Zeni Geba which was really good and now I will start on your recommendations =)
Jun 25, 2010 8:38 AM

Jun 2010
One of my favorite dramas is Innocent Love:
An arson took it all away from Akiyama Kanon seven years ago. Her parents died in that fire, her brother was arrested as the prime suspect and her carefree life disappeared from that instant. She was shunned by the town as the sister of a murderer, yet she believes in her brother's innocence and often pays him visits with words of encouragement. As life gets harder when nobody is willing to give her a job, Kanon decides to try her luck in the city and there she meets the man of her destiny.

'Course, it fits into the Romance genre as well. So does the Kou Kou Kyoushi series (1993 and 2003), but they are also pretty dark/shocking. I'd recommend the 1993 version if you can find it, though. That one is a lot more loaded.
Jul 13, 2010 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
DreamCore said:
One of my favorite dramas is Innocent Love:
An arson took it all away from Akiyama Kanon seven years ago. Her parents died in that fire, her brother was arrested as the prime suspect and her carefree life disappeared from that instant. She was shunned by the town as the sister of a murderer, yet she believes in her brother's innocence and often pays him visits with words of encouragement. As life gets harder when nobody is willing to give her a job, Kanon decides to try her luck in the city and there she meets the man of her destiny.

'Course, it fits into the Romance genre as well. So does the Kou Kou Kyoushi series (1993 and 2003), but they are also pretty dark/shocking. I'd recommend the 1993 version if you can find it, though. That one is a lot more loaded.

I second that...Kou Kou Kyoushi was really messed up. I watched the 2003 version.
You can also try Last Friends. Kept me coming back for more after each episode.
Jul 19, 2010 12:09 AM

Jan 2008
Oh yeah, I second Last Friends. That's a really great drama, although there's some flaws.
I also recommend LIFE. It's about bullying and definitely is a pretty shocking theme.
Jul 19, 2010 12:30 AM

Jul 2009
The Vengeance Trilogy

thou its not Japanese (its Korean but i still consider it for Asian drama)
its a series of Movies ( 3 of them ) exploring the themes of revenge, violence and salvation

the films by release order

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance:
a bleak and violent tale of revenge gone wrong. It tells the story of a poor deaf man who kidnaps a young girl to pay for his sister’s much-needed transplant.

Oldboy:
the story of a man who is imprisoned for fifteen years and then released with no explanation as to why he was confined and released. Now he has been given five days to learn his captor's true identity and find out why he was imprisoned or his new love interest will be killed.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance:
the tale of a young woman who is released from prison after doing hard time for a child killer who remains at large. Upon her liberation she seeks out her long lost daughter and unveils her plan for revenge against the ghastly man for whom she served time.

I can say that the movies have great shocking and dark moments and are one of my favorites trilogy's ever made, i do hope you watch them.

be warned the movies are considered Extreme Cinema
suprhiroJul 19, 2010 12:36 AM
Jul 24, 2010 4:11 AM
Dec 2009
Ikebukuro West Gate Park

its pretty violent and realistic, has great comic relief too.

This story follows a young man named Makoto who lives in Ikebukuro West Gate Park, an area known for youth delinquency and gangs. In fact, one of Makoto's best friends from high school, Takeshi, is the "king" or leader, of one such gang, called the G-Boys. Makoto is known for being tough and smart, and while trying to solve the mystery of a friend's death, he finds himself a somewhat unwilling helper in many mysteries and problems of IWGP inhabitants. All the while, gang tension is mounting between his best friend's gang (which Makoto refuses to join) and a new gang, the "Black Angels.". (dramawiki)
Aug 21, 2010 4:08 AM
Mar 2010
The revenge of gumiho
It's Korean drama, the village people murder the daughter of gumiho (nine tailed fox, just like Chizuru from Kanokon, and many others )so she takes revenge on them.
I don't remember the exact title

after checking google:

Gumiho: Tale of the Fox's Child

More topics from this board

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
14 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7576 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
2 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
2 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.