Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 27, 2014 9:39 PM

As someone who never played the game and had no background on any of the characters really, I thought it was really good. I really liked the twins, really glad they both survived. You can never trust those crazy science guys, they're always the ones who end up being evil in the end.

Jul 16, 2014 3:15 AM

just watched the dub of it, disappointed they didnt get all the voice actors back but i had no problem with them all apart from raven (not because his was bad, just because it was drastically different than the game's), and i guess yuri and flynn's voices were the most important anyway.
great dub, good movie. were karol and judith in this movie at all, by any chance? didnt notice them even as background characters

Jan 2, 2015 5:59 PM

Too short and the plot was average though I did like the setting

Jan 14, 2015 3:37 AM
It made me want to play the game again... I think my top two points, (At least humor-wise.) were when the captain specified which of the twins he wanted to come with him (I didn't really catch on to it until Flynn blushed.) And when Yuri had said "Please-Show-Me-Damn-It" when he was tying to get her to show him her artes.

The moment I saw the captain stick that pipe in his mouth, I knew what was going to come, since Repede also had it in the game. I was beginning to think the twins would die as well, solely because they weren't in the game, but I was glad to see that they didn't.

I only wish Duke could have made his way into it somehow...

Also, that little girl that Yuri saved. Could she be the same one that you can talk to in the Inn down in the Lower Quarter? The one that get slightly jealous when you talk to her after getting other females in your party. (From what I recall at least...)

I also really liked the fact that the Game's opening played at the end...

And my final note is, this movie only confirms what I already know; Yuri is still an utter badass.

Mar 18, 2015 1:18 AM

I don't play the game, but this movie takes time before the game right?
good movie, even tho I don't really understand about aer and blastia
the plot also bit flat for me..

anyway 6.5/10

Apr 13, 2015 3:46 PM

Really enjoyed this one, especially since I have almost finished the game. Seems like this anime is the sequel right before the game starts!

8/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, GTX 670 DC-2, 16GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport,
Noctua NH-D15, Antec VPF 550W, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!

May 19, 2015 9:45 AM

A great movie with nice sound and animation although the ending was a bit anti-climactic for me D: Now I badly want to play the game ><

Also nice to see a Mieu plushie. So cute <3

Why did the dogs have to die? ;______________;

Poor Repede waiting for his dad while wagging his tail :(

And the captain. Omg T_T

link9us said:

Oh and btw for those of you who have not played the game, do so. It is an incredible game with a much larger complex story with many awesome villains, etc. This movie was mainly a very small short sub plot that was a prequel to the games massive story line. If you watch the credits at the end, all those events were from the game.

I would if only I had an xbox. I wouldn't buy it for just one game though. I really hope Bandai releases ToV in PS3 T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 10, 2016 3:06 AM

Even though I have never played the game this was a nice show on its own but it did leave me wanting to know more about it especially those ending credits and since I know this is a prequel to the actual game I might just pick it up to learn more about it plus I heard the game is actually pretty good we'll see what happens. 7/10

May 29, 2016 8:44 PM

This movie was okay, however the ending made me really want a proper Vespira anime, now that would be pretty awesome.

Nov 1, 2016 3:09 AM

Just as Gsrista said, "what a bunch of childish kids".

I feel like this was made for the fans of the game. I certainly wasn't invested in this movie. The movie started in a way I don't think would hook people into the story, which is to dive right into the middle of the story without giving a proper introduction to the main characters first. As a result, I don't really care what's happening to the story, nor do I find the main characters interesting. Yuri in particular is kind of annoying me.

It wasn't until halfway in the movie that something interesting happened.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Nov 10, 2016 7:26 PM

While the overall movie was pretty good, for me it did lack various aspects that made it an interesting watch.

That said with the overall story & character development and the very nice art and setting, the overall movie was still a good watch I must say.

Would've preferred a better pacing in general, but well it wasn't bad either!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]