Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2023 9:08 AM
Mar 2010
There is one thing we can all agree about Fate 2006, this is it didn't aged well.

The color are agressive, the image too sharp, many drawing are average (especially back characters) and it was clrealy made for viewing on CRT.

But I thought about something, Even if the animation can't be enhanced can we use Reshade to upgrade the visual of the serie?

I have made some try and it's work damn well, especially because of the use of lighting in the serie that reshade can enhance as hell.

look some screen:
original

with reshade

original

with reshade

original

with reshade

for me, it's a real remaster for the TV serie making it at the level of the series Deen produced in 2010/2011 like Nura and Kore wa zombie Desuka, and it's far more enjoyable.

here is the link for the preset:

Fate 2006 reshade Preset for Media Player Classic home edition

and here is a tutorial to install it:

Install media player classic home edition in another folder than program file.

dowload reshade, put the install executable of reshade in mediaplayer classic folder then launch it.

select the executable of window media player then directx 9 and follow the directive.

put the preset in the folder of mediaplayer classic.

launch your episode of FSN.

go in full screen

press home button on your keyboard, skip the tutorial, select fate preset in the menu and close the menu.

It's done

I want to point that the preset work well on many other show of that time who share the same problem than fate 2006
chevalierkrakenApr 25, 10:14 AM
Nov 11, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2021
this does not look better đź’€
Nov 11, 2023 12:15 PM

Jun 2016
Not a fan. I hate that every early and mid 2000s show is forever stuck on standrard definition due to the production process but I'm also not a big fan of the blurred edges and fakey depth of field effects modern anime and this reshade preset both have.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 19, 2023 7:38 AM
Mar 2010
Reply to Theo1899
Not a fan. I hate that every early and mid 2000s show is forever stuck on standrard definition due to the production process but I'm also not a big fan of the blurred edges and fakey depth of field effects modern anime and this reshade preset both have.
@Theo1899
actually, anime of these time are made to be blurred. I want to point that the TV back then where CRT where the resolution was 360p or 480i (not 480p). So the image was mean to be blurred because the TV blurred it (some game even used it to create transparency)

the color are also different on CRT, more deep, often darker and less flashy.

And it's clear the color scheme of the series of this time taken account of that, watching the serie in HD on a LED screen is clearly not the good option because it make the series visual way worst than it was back then.

actually my color and image style reference for the Shader was UBW movie by Deen who have similar color scheme.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 13, 2008

94 by Sasutaschi »»
Sep 9, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

84 by tito9 »»
Sep 6, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 13, 2008

58 by Yukiminis »»
Sep 5, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

93 by ozrodger46 »»
Aug 28, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

138 by bubba460z »»
Jul 11, 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.