Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 3, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2019
Ahh poor Kino and all the bunnies she hunt for those guy >:(
Mar 20, 2020 2:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
10/10 episode, I'm shocked, really love the amount of philosophy in this episode, Kino is incredible
Apr 1, 2020 4:10 PM
Jun 2015
From the very first moment I was thinking, "Could it be that these guys are not good?!" But was also telling myself why do I always do this, think someone is bad at first, just like I do IRL. Then my hunch became right, guess the same thing happened with me in both real life and anime life, poor me :(

But I couldn't guess what their buisness would be, their reluctant in saying so made me doubt. That was disturbing, seeing the back of the truck.

Humans are really... what can I say. Guess I am really disappointed with the real life.
Apr 28, 2020 5:06 PM

Apr 2020
i knew those guys were bad but wasn't expecting them to be human traffickers, glad kino killed them
Aug 22, 2020 8:59 PM

Nov 2012
Rewatching
Still one of the the best anime eps I've seen period.
Sep 9, 2020 11:20 AM
Oct 2019
Episode 1 was ok but I liked episode 2 a little better. I'm glad he killed the 3rd guy at the end, too. He didn't deserve life.

That said, I'm not sure this show's style is for me. I guess we'll see. It's not too many episodes so I may watch them all regardless.
Sep 28, 2020 9:38 AM

Sep 2017
Well, goodish? episode about the existence of people who can be evil and shit.
The Hermes guy is seriously trying to mind fuck Kino by asking about philisophies and challenging them and shit. I LOVE IT. Cool af.

Moral of story: Before helping someone, make sure you check their truck to see if they are into human trafficking.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 30, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
Trying to improve my Japanese... at the beginning of the episode, the guys say "kurimono, kurimono" (I think). Not "tabemono". Does anyone know if I'm hearing that right, and what it means?
I also suspect that Hermes is mispronouncing words that sound similar in Japanese but not in English. The words I found in my dictionary for "charity" and "vanity" don't look similar.
I like the way Kino tries to keep her feelings from interfering with her decisions. She just uses the information she has and makes the best decision she can, but she still tries to figure out the morals and philosophy. Either the rabbits were going to die, or the men were. You don't find out until later which was the best choice, and you can't change the past once you've chosen.

There are two types of anime - almost as good as Elfen Lied, and not as good as Elfen Lied.
Nov 4, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2016
That's a amazing episode, it start with kino showing respect for the life of the rabbit that she killed to save the 3 guys, and ends basically saying to not let the bad attitudes of others affect your own judgment as kino let clear the she would do it again if she found other persons in the same conditions, i think that was the heaviest ep of kino no tabi that i watched until now (i watched the newest version first).
Nov 25, 2020 8:09 PM
Nov 2015
This besides being straight forward is also philosophical, the GUYS represent people Who take advantage of people Who is willing to help, they Play innocent and nice until they take everything from you, even yourself, they could have you know leave but they also tried to take even more, thats when in reality people break, selfish people Never get satisfied. Thats why you need to listen to your guts, thats the point of this episode, everything was fishy since the begging but since we didnt have proof we could not point fingers ... Thats Life, sometimes you feel someone is off, sometimes you feel your Friends only look for you when they need you, and you are always there, willing to help, but those very same Friends dont help you ever when you need them... Thats when you need to think and act ... The killing part also mean leave behing.

Again both methaforical and a story about scum.people hahaha in this case slave traders...the worse of the worse.

This anime make you think, is more than What you see, is also the message ... Precios episode was about wanting to know more of What you need... Sometimes people dont say thinks cuz they Will Hurt someone. You dont say everything you think and thats ok, some White líes are needed to have healthy relationships hahahha
Jan 30, 2021 1:29 AM

Mar 2010
Deserved deaths of those three. Poor victims and the rabbits.
Feb 5, 2021 11:42 PM
Feb 2020
This episode was a perfect example that outside appearance is second hand to eternal appearance. Cause someone you love the most, help the most, or give charity too the most can be the ones to betray you.
Apr 28, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2019
Imagine being traveling and some strangers attack you after you helped them. I am a person that does not help almost anyone so I will not have that problem.

I also can say that those men were really ugly.
May 30, 2021 1:22 AM

Aug 2018
This was a dark episode, didn’t expect some of the things that happened here at all
Mar 8, 2022 11:46 AM
Dec 2017
Pretty random how that king died and wow i didn't expected this series to be quite gory

Apr 22, 2022 1:12 PM

Feb 2021
This showcased Kino's quick witted capabilities in action. Nice mix after a more relaxed intro. I want to say I'm enjoying this because normally I'm really into these kinds of atmospheric character driven adventures but something feels missing. 3/5

Edit: the right word I meant to use was iyashikei
CrackApr 25, 2022 11:14 PM
Apr 22, 2022 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
The thankfulness for the life of the food is a beautiful thing and I've seen that message in an Anime that was focusing on a farmer's life (forgot the title)

Contrary to what many people wrote, I do not see the death of the rabbits as a waste. Because they died for the sake of the great ideals Kino has held: as in helping those in need as fellow humans

This episode makes Kino quite sympathetic: as in believing in doing good things because you would wish for others to do good things to you when you are in need, but still being prepared for the worst
Apr 27, 2022 1:09 AM

Sep 2018
What an awesome episode, infinitely better than the first. I guess each episode is going to come with it's own sort of philosophical lesson.
Aug 4, 2022 10:27 AM
Sep 2013
This episode was tense, it questioned some moral issues, firstly animals serve to serve humans, if she had to kill a thousand rabbits to help them she should do it, now the other story is they are bad characters, besides having fed of humans they were going to sell them first, this is a bad thing and they were punished accordingly.
The good thing about the anime is that it didn't try to convey that the lives of animals are more important than that of human beings, nor did it try to relieve these slavers.

PT-BR

Esse episódio foi tenso, colocou em xeque algumas questões morais, primeiramente os animais servem para servir os humanos, se tivesse que matar mil coelhos para ajudá-los ela deveria fazer, agora a outra história é eles serem mau caráter, além de terem se alimentado de humanos eles primeiramente iam vende-los, isso é um coisa ruim e eles foram punidos adequadamente.
O bom do anime é que ele não tentou passar que a vida dos animais são mais importantes que a dos seres humanos e nem tentou aliviar para esses escravagistas.
Sep 21, 2022 7:27 PM
Aug 2022
Very thoughtful and philosophical-- the premise of a show like this is already rather bizarre so using that concept to really explore the world in depth like this episode did, and challenge our characters is what makes anime great. Also, the animation of this show is particularly impressive for a 2003 anime
Sep 26, 2022 10:57 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
So if I didn't know better I'd think Kino wanted to become a slave lol. should see who they really are before helping (especially 3-1 and no one around) and concerned if they were thieves than guilt for hunting a rabbit, well what do you know, close enough human traffickers?

Kino is philosophical than a happy fruitcake. A character that don't fabricate. I like the character, but Kino doesn't know much about safety, luckily she built good to take care of the minimum, a real posse

Wonder if most of these travel going to be Kino's judgment call, stepping in gravy. Not to say not interesting, but average.

Traveling is a good interesting theme in this world as achievements would likely fall on deaf's ear.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 27, 2022 8:30 PM

Feb 2016
I was not expecting this at all
Dec 18, 2022 8:50 PM
Apr 2021
I really enjoyed the parallels between the three dead rabbits and the three criminals, Kino sacrificing the rabbits for the men with the preconception that the men would have done the same for him. This all comes crashing down once he finds out the people he saved are human traffickers with the end of the episode having the quote "these things are bound to happen because we are only human"
Feb 17, 2023 7:06 PM
Feb 2023
another verry good episode!
Mar 6, 2023 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
At first I thought that Kino had a ballistic knife but I guess not. Surprised that the gun had aim though, usually these types of guns don't have any aim let alone a laser one (I think).

I didn't think about cultural stereotipisation until I read about it on this forum. Maybe it's true?

Idk how some people saw the twist coming, I didn't have any suspicions
St0rmbladeMar 6, 2023 1:56 PM
Mar 16, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
WHAT SZFVDSDXGDFGDFGF
Mar 27, 2023 4:57 PM
Mar 2023
Its really cool that the episode name has a dual meaning or at least at the beginning of the episode I thought the meaning of the name was that the people with the truck take advantage of other peoples help.
Jul 4, 2023 2:27 AM

Dec 2022
Didn't expect Kino to be that armed — guns, knives and knife-guns all over.

I wonder if that changed her outlook on hunting animals for strangers. This episode displays that while humans can return the favours that most animals can't, they are also more likely to take advantage of your altruism for their own potentially malicious ends than animals are. The risk didn't really pay off in this case, and I wouldn't take it myself.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 5, 2023 5:08 PM
Aug 2022
Did they eat the girl in the truck, what? This series is sooo eerieee. I wasn't expecting this at all. 
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 11, 2008

127 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 21, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 12, 2008

85 by paul1990xco »»
Apr 9, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 16, 2008

98 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 13, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

152 by 2life »»
Jan 9, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 8, 2008

121 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 7, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.