Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2008 3:03 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i think this episode is pretty good. since the plot is good XD.
the characters are still losing their elegance. zero & kaname don't look that hot especially zero's close-up (though i didn't read too many of the manga chapters). i don't know whether it's me but i think zero looked better in episode 1. =p
love the part when kaname said he only need yuki's chocolate. ^ ^
hyunnie14Apr 15, 2008 5:08 AM
Apr 15, 2008 4:39 AM

Mar 2008
yea i agree with you.. zero looked better in episode 1, still he looks best in manga ..

i loved the part when yuki gives zero the chocolate ^^.. zero looked pretty well there too i think
Apr 15, 2008 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
i really love the part when they have a "chocolate day"
it was really funny ^_^ love it ^_^
Apr 15, 2008 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
animefantasy said:

the characters are still losing their elegance. zero & kaname don't look that hot especially zero's close-up (though i didn't read too many of the manga chapters). i don't know whether it's me but i think zero looked better in episode 1. =p

I have to agree with you there. Kaname just doesn't look good at all. =/ Which is really disappointing because in the manga he's my favourite character, but he just looks so boring in the anime. He doesn't stand out or anything. He could be a background character.

And the more I hear it, the more I don't like Yuki's voice. The voice actress is really good, there's no complaints there, but it just doesn't suit Yuki's character. The voice seems a bit too high pitched and 'bubbly'. Yuki's a strong character, I think she should have had a bit more of an assertive voice.

Of course they can't go wrong with Mamoru as Zero (though to tell the truth I would have rather heard him cast as Kaname). So far Kaname's voice is alright, but again there's something that just doesn't click. He doesn't sound as....well, stuck up as he should. xD Again, Mamoru would have suited him better in my opinion. He's got that devilishly seductive tone that would match perfectly with an elite vampire character.

I really love the manga of this series, but I'm worried that the anime's going to disappoint me a bit. Naturally an anime can never be just like it's manga counterpart, but little things keep bugging me. The colour scheme, for instance. When we see the shots of the night class all together, they just don't look as elegant and mysterious as they do in the manga. They definitely don't give off a 'vampire vibe', I think it's partially due to their hair colours. Most of them have blonde/orange/bright coloured hair. And even if that is the colours they are intended to be, it just looks a bit glaring and clashy when shown all at once. In the manga (since it's black and white) there's this aura around them, but it's kind of ruined once you see it coloured. I totally thought Kaname would have black hair too. Brown seems so...dull somehow. xD

And overall there just isn't the same mood and atmosphere that there is in the manga. I think this show would have looked better with a more subtle, de-saturated palette. Like I was saying about the hair colours, they could still be blonde and everything, but if they used less saturated colours it would look a lot better.

I'm not really dissing the anime yet, but so far I'm not as impressed as I would have liked to be. The artwork seems a bit low-budget as well, it's a shame they couldn't have done a higher budget for this show.

Oh well, those are my main gripes for the moment. I'm sure I'll still like the series though. My conflict now is whether or not to continue watching the series as it comes out before finishing the manga, or hold off on the rest of the series until I read ahead more.
Apr 16, 2008 7:15 AM

Mar 2008
MistressMorbid said:
animefantasy said:

My conflict now is whether or not to continue watching the series as it comes out before finishing the manga, or hold off on the rest of the series until I read ahead more.

Yea i was thinking that too at first but i preferred on reading the manga first. It's MUCH more enjoyable and therefore i didn't want the anime to spoil it for me, but that it's just my way of think.

Regarding the anime art i was a bit disappointed too especially when it comes to zero but somehow i've got used to it quickly. Maybe its because i had a greater disappointment in Special A >.<
Apr 16, 2008 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
uhihi.. love the epi~~ like the waythey gave the choco to night class guys.. haha
same with the manga, though.

i agree with animefaantasy, i like the scene when kaname throws off the chocos except from yuuki's. hehe

Apr 16, 2008 8:38 AM

Mar 2008
Despite my rather negative comment on the 1st episode, I start to like it.

Episode was better than the first one. OP and ED grow on me.

Zero is an interesting character. I am even getting used to Yuki, who annoyed me quite a bit in the first episode.

The scene where the guy gave chocolate to the vampire girl was quite funny.

Let's see how the story will develop. This anime will stand and fall with the story.

Apr 16, 2008 11:58 AM

Oct 2007
The art/animation is going to get on my nerves (okay already is) but I love the VK story/plot so I won't be Not watching. >.< And even though Yuki gets annoying sometimes imo I love pretty much all the characters...Plus there are still quite a few certain happenings that I'm looking forward to seeing.

I still thought this episode was pretty good all and all. Mixture of chapters 2 and 3ish of the manga which puts us at a good spot. I do think they are playing up Zero's 'secret' a bit much but it probably won't last much longer.
Apr 16, 2008 12:27 PM

May 2007
This episode seemed pretty pointless to me -- I mean, we didn't learn anything more about ...anything. Zero just was moody and suffering, albeit attractively, and it wasn't even funny. It just felt like it was killing time. And it was only the second episode. What's up with that? Or did something happen that I missed?
Apr 16, 2008 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
Animation is annoying me, so I might pick up the manga seeing as I love the plot.
Apr 16, 2008 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
Zero's reaction to Yuki's chocolate was funny.

Other than the choclate giving stuff, not alot happened. It still felt like a good episode, though.
Apr 16, 2008 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
I hate the way they've potrayed Zero as, it's not aloof enough and also for Yuki who would be so much better if they didn't make her too cute and not serious at all. I also wish they had been a bit more discreet with Zero, in the manga it was actually a surprise. The character who I think has the best transition from the manga is Aido, who is still really funny and well...great :) I really love the ending song, it's so cool! Still, a reasonably good series, I'm sure I would have liked it more if I didn't read the manga before I saw this.
Apr 16, 2008 2:45 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Animation is annoying me, so I might pick up the manga seeing as I love the plot.
I recommend it. It's really shoujo though, so don't be surprised. But the art just brings out the presence of the story. Plus, considering we're only on Chapter 39 (released next week), I'm guessing pseudo-ending.

As for the episode... I have nothing to say yet, because I've been waiting patiently for subs (and been busy with other things) :)
Apr 16, 2008 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
Kineta said:
LolitaDecay said:
I recommend it. It's really shoujo though, so don't be surprised. But the art just brings out the presence of the story. Plus, considering we're only on Chapter 39 (released next week), I'm guessing pseudo-ending.

I heart shoujo so that won't be a problem. I was drawn to the anime because of the style of the manga. I thought it was pretty. Only 39 chapters? I was expecting more...this'll be easy to catch up on.
Apr 16, 2008 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
Manga is crap, burn all manga in blue flames!!!! is this the manga forum or the anime forum? Talk about the anime grrrrr. Dont see how the manga can even be more exciting since it has no sound or moving images, story might be nicer but meh...static images suck.

This episode was pretty good, I wanted to see zero fight all those vampires at once and kick some arse.
Apr 16, 2008 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
shotta77 said:
Manga is crap, burn all manga in blue flames!!!! is this the manga forum or the anime forum? Talk about the anime grrrrr. Dont see how the manga can even be more exciting since it has no sound or moving images, story might be nicer but meh...static images suck.

Each to their own.

Aidou-kun was being very Tamaki-like in this episode.
Bishies. That's why I like this show.
Apr 16, 2008 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
I liked it (Y).
I'm curious about the manga, and I'll probably start reading it n_n.

The ending is great by the way. I want the mp3 :o.
Apr 16, 2008 3:42 PM

Oct 2007
ealin said:
i really love the part when they have a "chocolate day"
it was really funny ^_^ love it ^_^

It really was funny there :P

Emi_Inu said:
i like the scene when kaname throws off the chocos except from yuuki's. hehe

Same here, that was interesting...
I wander where it will lead to :P

As for the incident with Zero (4 years ago) i cant wait till we learn more about it...
All we know till now is that his family got killed by a bad vampire, but we still dont know what Zero is!?!?!
Apr 16, 2008 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was okay.

But it's different from the first episode. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe the animation or something.
Apr 16, 2008 4:49 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm, I agree with people who are saying Zero looked better in the first episode... also he just looks much better in the manga anyway. It's easy to see that the anime is not going to compare well with fans of the manga, like me, but I still like the anime too because I love Vampire Knight. The animation is sort of disappointing at times, I think it could be better.
Apr 16, 2008 5:51 PM

Aug 2007
Interesting so far. ....
Apr 16, 2008 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
Was okay. I always liked Zero's disatisfied look when Yuuki gives him the chocolate.
sad
Apr 16, 2008 6:23 PM

Jun 2007
Seeing as this covered some of my favorite parts in the manga, I rather enjoyed it. While not extraordinary, it doesn't seem half-bad so far. The animation really, really annoys me, though. The coloring (especially on Yuuki) is off and poorly done. Some of the dialogue/inner monologue is corny, but overall it's fine. The story is sticking pretty closely to the manga, so no complaints there.

I'm eager to see where this goes.
Apr 16, 2008 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
i liked this episode..
but i really liked the reaction Zero had when he ate the chocolate Yuuki gave him...
-was it really that bad-

lol
Apr 16, 2008 7:54 PM

Sep 2007
Since so many people are saying the anime doesn't quite compare with the manga, I might have to pick it up sometime soon then. See what I'm missing =P
Apr 17, 2008 12:52 AM

Jan 2008
nice episode!
although the animation could sometimes be disapponting despite what i said about the first episode. XD
Apr 17, 2008 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
it was a decent episode. the animation at times had me a bit miffed. zero definitely subpar to the manga. the one thing that i loved from the manga was the design of his tattoo and he's character design. in the anime its a bit lost.

i wonder since the manga is not done, does that mean that they are going to create a diff ending?
Apr 17, 2008 2:22 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the episode. I dont think the animation is as bad as some of you say it is, even though the eyes look different than I thought they would have made them. I will definitely keep watching.
Apr 17, 2008 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
animation is awful and characters are kinda empty compared to manga
i think someone already said it - but it's most noticeable in the elegance of vampire - in anime they look like regular kids
i have to find that ed theme it's really awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2008 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
I think the animation is great :&
I really have to read the manga if it's so awesome as you say :0
Apr 17, 2008 7:41 AM

Oct 2006
well I still liked it, even though the animation had taken a slight nosedive compared to episode 1. The creepy atmosphere is still there and I have to complement the background music.
Also, I feel more for Zero here in comparison to the manga, maybe its just the sound and so, but I don't remember seeing him that much in dilemma in the manga
Apr 17, 2008 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
Although nothing really happened, other than a continuation of last ep, I still liked it. I'm such a sucker for bishies and vampires. Plus I love the seiyuus and the music. I do hope the animation picks up. The manga is so pretty. I agree the boys aren't looking their best.
Apr 17, 2008 12:10 PM

Sep 2007
Why. Why is the thing of Zero Vampire seen so early?! In the manga it was really unexpectable twist, and now... >_>
I have so many complains about this episode and I don't know how to express them X___X
Apr 17, 2008 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
I actually didn't like this episode much (1st had a better animation).. >_> They just can't picture the hotness of those bishies TT_TT (especially Zero and Akatsuki). Still I think I'll continue to watch these series, because I don't have a willpower to drop it XD

Apr 17, 2008 2:05 PM

Jun 2007
I have to say I quit liked this episode.
Maybe a bit bishie overload but also exciting and showing how Zero has problems controling his Vampire self which is probably because he takes day classes and does not drink blood or sth. like that.
I'll continue watching this.
Apr 17, 2008 4:47 PM

Apr 2008
i just reread the first manga volume and wow.. the animation really does suck sometimes :| yuki's hair seems so short.. they switched some parts from the manga - theyre probably revealing zero's secret next ep, but they put too many scenes up until this ep that made it pretty obvious already..
Apr 17, 2008 9:12 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Some parts were really well done (Yuuki's hair has improved in some shots...) and some parts were really crappy. Do they have two different groups animating different parts of it? I mean... it's really inconsistent.

I find it funny how Zero is such good friends with Lucy, haha. Some parts were exactly as I expected, and others were a bit weird. When Zero tossed Kaname the chocolate, I was expecting Vampire reflexes... but it wasn't fluid at all. But they kept a lot of the little jokes in, so I was really happy to see that. "Idol - I mean Aidou-sempai, you're only allowed to accept chocolates and feelings"

My opinions on their voices are being reconsidered... I don't find that much of a problem with Yuuki. It's really just that Mamoru's voice is too rich for Zero... too rich in comparison with Kaname, anyway. Kaname is the head of a bunch of vampires -- he should have a voice like a king, rich and full, even though he's softly spoken. Mamoru can't be angry without a full, rich tone.

Guess it doesn't really matter now though. All the people that don't read the manga are probably sick of hearing about it. Sorry!
Apr 18, 2008 5:58 AM

Oct 2007
Zero sounds too much like Setsuna XD (but it's still nice to hear Mamo-chan's voice<3)

I can't get over how awesome Junichi Suwabe's voice is in this anime. It's super duper sexy and fits Akatsuki amazingly *o*
Apr 18, 2008 6:33 AM

Jul 2007
i don't have any problem seeing the last two episodes, i luv the manga and i even luv the anime!! yup, Kaname senpai in action >_<

though i agree with the zero's 'secret' thing, too much scenes for the tablet huh >_>

Apr 18, 2008 7:54 AM
Dec 2007
I dont read manga so i'm loving Vampire Knight so far !
Apr 18, 2008 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
I'm quite enjoying this.

I think I expected it to be...darker...

Currently it's way too cheery...

I think I'll check out the manga.
<3
Apr 18, 2008 12:21 PM

Aug 2007
Enjoyed this episode. Havnt read the manga but might pick it up.
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 18, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2007
lowell said:
This episode seemed pretty pointless to me -- I mean, we didn't learn anything more about ...anything. Zero just was moody and suffering, albeit attractively, and it wasn't even funny. It just felt like it was killing time. And it was only the second episode. What's up with that? Or did something happen that I missed?

Zero's trying to resist doing something that will make him become what he hates the most, I don't really see that as pointless but each to their own. And if you didn't pick up on it with the hungry looks at Yuuki's neck and the blood tablets than lol..
Apr 18, 2008 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
Really love the anime and will be picking up the manga soon.

Apr 18, 2008 3:04 PM
Oct 2007
Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not too far into the manga. The anime as a stand-alone is actually quite entertaining so far and I think the animation is fine, better than what I expected from the promo images. It's a lot better than a lot of other animes anyway. If you compare it to the manga too much, then I doubt you'll enjoy the anime for what it's worth.

I think they're doing a decent job following the plot of the manga. As for the Zero thing, I think it's ok that they show those scenes to hint the audience. Personally, I wasn't all that surprise when I read the manga because the author did hint at it as well, although a bit less, but it was easy to pick up. I think it heightens the anticipation for when Zero does "that" to Yuuki.
Apr 18, 2008 4:32 PM

Dec 2007
lol at the bishonen-ness of this anime...

besides that... It's actually quite entertaining... despite being a shoujo anime, i have a feeling there might be some shounen style fights (manga readers, correct me)
I also like the artwork a LOT
Apr 18, 2008 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
I'm kind of confused by everyones complaints lol. I never read the manga, but since so many people were complaining about the obviousness in Zero I read the first three chapters, and its VERY obvious about zeros secret in chapter two, so I don't really think it was that rushed or very surprising in either the manga or the anime, you found out very soon in both, yes a little sooner in the anime but whats the big deal?
And I like the animation actually XD;
Apr 18, 2008 5:29 PM

Aug 2007
It was ok i think... Its going too much shoujo for me. Get darker ffs :p
Apr 18, 2008 7:32 PM

Nov 2007
this epi is nice~~

especially when night class students went our with zero. lolz

Apr 18, 2008 9:08 PM

Jan 2008
this episode was okayy...pretty funnyxD yeahh i think zero looks better than in the anime...he looks kinda funny...or maybe its jsut episode 2...but yeahhh... but the story is good so its okay:D still got the manga to read:P

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.