Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2010 5:03 PM
Feb 2010
First of all I have no intention to start a flame war. I just want to make a civil opinion thread about the music industry. I respect all kind of music so any kind of music and my criticism only towards its fans, not to music itself.

In the past we often though black metal fans are the worst like they slaughtered goats, drink their blood, dark ritual and etc. But I don't think that are good reasons to be 'worst' kind of music fans. No, I don't encourage such things but since black metal fans are easy to avoid. They also avoid other people too.

However I think there are even worse kind of fans out there. For it would be classic rock and heavy metal fans. It just annoying to see how they attacked pop and hip-hop fans. Just look on Youtube for example. While I also a classic rock and heavy metal fan but I just don't like to see how stupid they can get. Most of them are made up of rebellious teenage boys and young men who think listening less popular music makes them cool. About 90% of hate comments to Jonas Brothers, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance and Lady Gaga came from them.

Why I think classic rock and heavy metal fans are bad is this two things. Classic rock fans refuse to accept anything newer than 1980's except recent concerts of their favorite bands and heavy metal ones don't know how nonsense its lyrics can get. Yes even more nonsense to some pop songs sometimes.
SockeMay 28, 2010 5:10 PM
Gays and lesbians never hate each other. Fans of both did.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 28, 2010 5:03 PM

May 2007
jpop if that's any genre at all
May 28, 2010 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
ZoiQ said:

It's those people who aren't japanese but wish they are, right?
May 28, 2010 5:07 PM

Feb 2009
Manele fans....stupidity incorporated regional music genre
May 28, 2010 5:10 PM
Nov 2008
Rap fans.

By which I mean, Wiggers.
May 28, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2008
ZoiQ said:

J-pop, J-rock, K-pop and so on, is just a copy of american music culture. It is obvious that they were influenced by American, those who had bombed Japanese and killed over 100k of citizens.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

May 28, 2010 5:13 PM

Jan 2010
spupapi said:
ZoiQ said:

J-pop, J-rock, K-pop and so on, is just a copy of american music culture. It is obvious that they were influenced by American, those who had bombed Japanese and killed over 100k of citizens.

Those citizens were collateral, besides, the cities the US bombed were major military bases.
May 28, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah classic rock people can be pretty annoying. All they do is bitch about today's bands.
May 28, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

I agree that rap fans are ba, but where the hell did 'Wiggers' come from?

I am sure every rap fan has tried making their own rap, and I also know that most of them have no talent...

p.s. I'm a rap fan myself, hopefully one of the few with talent... >:D
May 28, 2010 5:20 PM
Feb 2010
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

Agreed. Rap fans who talk to me about mainstream rappers I don't even like kind of annoy me. People like me tend to be closed-minded elitists who think they know everything (about rap) and frown upon any person who makes recommendations to them.
May 28, 2010 5:21 PM
Aug 2007
Based on last.fm shoutboxes alone, rock fans bitch the loudest about everything, wasting everyone's time by shouting about how X band was so much better before Y album, and they have the tendency to troll popular music communities and try to raise hell. A whole lot of HDU LIKE THIS BAND and I ENJOY THESE OBSCURE ASS BANDS, VALIDATE MY TASTES and not much else.

Of course, I don't think that all rock fans are twits, but there's so many of them and the annoying ones are always the most vocal.
May 28, 2010 5:23 PM

Feb 2008
ThatUkato said:
spupapi said:
ZoiQ said:

Those citizens were collateral, besides, the cities the US bombed were major military bases.

They were considered as "major military" bases. But most of people who died were civilians, not soldiers.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

May 28, 2010 5:33 PM
Nov 2008
MT4Life said:
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

I am sure every rap fan has tried making their own rap, and I also know that most of them have no talent...

Wiggers are generally white people that try to act black.
May 28, 2010 5:36 PM
Feb 2010
Onibokusu said:
MT4Life said:
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

*Edit after internet went off*

If you can find a video of any rapper's live performance where white people are not the dominate race in the crowd, then pat yourself on the back.
QuitAnimeMay 28, 2010 6:13 PM
May 28, 2010 6:05 PM
Nov 2008
First result for "live rap artist":

May 28, 2010 6:11 PM

May 2010
First of all, anyone that likes rap is obviously not all there. Rap = Retards attempting poetry. And that's what it is. It's not music, it's retards attempting poetry. It takes absolutely no skill to make a rap song, just knowledge. Which noone in rap has. I hate wiggers, and I hate black people that call each other niggers. I also hate Lady Gaga fans. Have you seriously read some of her lyrics? I mean...WTF. Sample:" She's like revenge In a bucket And she won't look at you Won't look you at She hides through love." Seriously? Wanna say metal has bad lyrics? Look at that crap.
May 28, 2010 6:16 PM
Feb 2010
ClampLover said:
First of all, anyone that likes rap is obviously not all there. Rap = Retards attempting poetry. And that's what it is. It's not music, it's retards attempting poetry. It takes absolutely no skill to make a rap song, just knowledge. Which noone in rap has. I hate wiggers, and I hate black people that call each other niggers. I also hate Lady Gaga fans. Have you seriously read some of her lyrics? I mean...WTF. Sample:" She's like revenge In a bucket And she won't look at you Won't look you at She hides through love." Seriously? Wanna say metal has bad lyrics? Look at that crap.

The music that others like all boils down to a matter of preference. Saying things like what I bolded might start a flame war.
May 28, 2010 6:51 PM

Jan 2010
HaterofBadAnime said:

In the past we often though black metal fans are the worst like they slaughtered goats, drink their blood, dark ritual and etc. But I don't think that are good reasons to be 'worst' kind of music fans. No, I don't encourage such things but since black metal fans are easy to avoid. They also avoid other people too.

This my friend, is a horrible, horrible sterotype..As a matter of fact, this thread itself seems to be nothing but horrible sterotyping, maybe no one here has thought of this yet, but there are individuals out there who don't tie themselves down to listening to just one or two generic genres of music, and have much more expansive tastes..If you aren't more open than you can't really call yourself a fan of music at all and you are more than likely only listening to some specific genre to fit in better with a certain crowd anyways..Just about the same goes for anyone who claims they "listen to everything", only difference is they want to fit in with every crowd..I apologize if it seems i'm acting like an asshole, but i'm only trying to make a point
May 28, 2010 6:56 PM

Sep 2009
After having read this article I'd probably be saying visual kei. Though, it sounds like that's more the fault of the industry.

Metallica fans are pretty bad, at a festival I was at where they were playing, they just flooded the arena, booing every band prior to Metallica, including their fans. It was kinda mean-spirited.
May 28, 2010 7:08 PM
Aug 2007
ClampLover said:

Aww, aren't you precious. Troll harder, bb.
May 28, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2010
HaterofBadAnime said:
First of all I have no intention to start a flame war. I just want to make a civil opinion thread about the music industry. I respect all kind of music so any kind of music and my criticism only towards its fans, not to music itself.

However I think there are even worse kind of fans out there. For it would be classic rock and heavy metal fans. It just annoying to see how they attacked pop and hip-hop fans. Just look on Youtube for example. While I also a classic rock and heavy metal fan but I just don't like to see how stupid they can get. Most of them are made up of rebellious teenage boys and young men who think listening less popular music makes them cool. About 90% of hate comments to Jonas Brothers, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance and Lady Gaga came from them.

Why I think classic rock and heavy metal fans are bad is this two things. Classic rock fans refuse to accept anything newer than 1980's except recent concerts of their favorite bands and heavy metal ones don't know how nonsense its lyrics can get. Yes even more nonsense to some pop songs sometimes.

Jazz.

No, I'm just kidding. Really, I don't really know. It's hard for me to label an entire fanbase. Like you, I do get annoyed with (what it seems like the majority of) metal fans who are real quick to bash on hip-hop. Obviously, the easy answer for me would be for me to say the metal fans are the worst fans, out of spite. But I'm not going that route. I know some metal heads who respect hip-hop. Classic rock fans love the drum breaks that are utilized in certain hip hop songs. How can I lump them all together? It ain't right.

So I guess my answer is, "I don't know." Well, then I suppose your response would be, "Well, why did you post in this thread?"

Hmm... how do I respond to that?

"I just wanted to speak my piece. Thank you for your time."

(I am really bored, and usually it takes me a while to type up something long like this, but surprisingly, my ideas flowed easily into the keys on my keyboard. Sorry if I went waaaaay overboard.)
May 28, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
I think Metal fans are the worst kind of music fans, and surprisingly enough, based on my experience, I think they're worse than Rap fans. They tend to be loud and obnoxious whereas Rap fans (well, the ones I've encountered) tend to be more laid-back. Indie fans also tend to annoy me. A lot of them tend to adopt this elitist state of mind because they know about a band that only 50 other people know about, making it their "little secret".

I know this isn't part of a genre, but I hate it when music fans hate certain bands and artists because they're "overrated". If the band/artist they're talking about is average, then I'm o.k. with it, but if they're talking about bands that are more than worthy of their fame and success, then I get peeved by it.
May 28, 2010 7:22 PM

Apr 2008
ClampLover said:

I hate the kind of rap that you're talking about too, but believe it or not, there's actually some good hip-hop out there. That goes for any kind of music genre people hate in this thread. Every cloud has a silver lining. Listen to some Nujabes, for example, and you'll see what I mean.
May 28, 2010 7:54 PM
Oct 2009
ClampLover said:
Rap = Retards attempting poetry. And that's what it is. It's not music, it's retards attempting poetry. It takes absolutely no skill to make a rap song, just knowledge. Which noone in rap has.

Having knowledge = retards?
May 28, 2010 8:01 PM

Jan 2010
I'm going to agree with someone further up who said "Visual Kei," though not for the reasons that most people expect.

The fans in Japan are probably some of the rudest people I have ever come across. I'm not saying that everyone is rude, but the ones who are give douche bag a whole new meaning. I've listened to girls next to me bitch to their friends about me- 'Why is there an American here? I bet she can't even understand Japanese." It was aggravating. And then she purposely elbowed me in the head for the entire concert. It was awful.

On top of that, there are fans who call themselves 'concert leaders' that confiscate high numbered tickets and redistribute them to their friends. These are usually older fans- the ones that have been with the band since the beginning. I understand their desire to be entitled, but taking tickets from new fans is a load of bull. Even the bandomen themselves hate it.

Of all of them, I think Dir en grey fans are the worst. I love Dir en grey, but some of the fans are so elitist and rude that there are no words to describe them. ¬.¬;;;

"Suga Shikao!"
May 28, 2010 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
Metal Heads in general. Most I've known are obnoxious and arrogant. But maybe they grow out of that behavior out of high school. Who knows.
May 28, 2010 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
It's not the fans of the genre of music - it's the fans of the singers/bands.
Worst fangirls gotta be fans of Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Tokio Hotel, Zac Efron and such crap...
shadowswordMay 28, 2010 11:12 PM
May 29, 2010 12:35 AM

Feb 2010
Classical.

Only liked by old rich snobs and pretentious homeschooled little shits.

Newsflash: This music is old and outdated. Listen to something modern you nostalgiafags.

"My posts are inevitably satisfying and will leave you even more inevitably satisfied."
May 29, 2010 1:08 AM

Apr 2009
hmm kpop fans LOL just kidding :P
j-rock fans that consider "Alice Nine" and "the GazettE" as real J-Rock
everyone knows real J-Rock is The Pillows, Rocket K, Ogre you Asshole
Hmm then probably wiggers, damn those big sneaker wearing hooligans
(I WEAR GIANT ADIDAS SNEAKERS) :D
May 29, 2010 1:14 AM

Sep 2008
Any fans of any particular genre of music.
May 29, 2010 1:18 AM

Apr 2009
seishi-sama said:

oh and indie music fans
May 29, 2010 1:21 AM

Sep 2008
AbaraBob said:
seishi-sama said:

oh and indie music fans

They're included.
May 29, 2010 2:21 AM

May 2008
ClampLover said:
I hate black people that call each other niggers.

I agree with this. As I disdain Ebonics in general.

Not all the music contains people who speak ebonics, there are also a lot of proper English speak out there of white and Asian descent, slowly but surely, just like how happened with rock n' roll, jazz, ska, skinhead culture, and electro. Most ignorant, anti-intellectual Americans seem to associate skinheads with Neo-Nazi thugs, completely oblivious to it's black, Jamaican roots.

Said "different" rap music.

People seem to make fun of this like it's some kind of mockery of rap music. But these two certainly don't seems like stereotypical, thuggish, tough-guy, ebonics speaking, nigger saying, hyper cool-wannabe-ing, tripe to me. And I'd certainly would rather listen to them that that awful crud like Soulja Boy.

You can think it's funny and stupid too, but at least they're not like much of the description you made.

Pretty much everyone knows who the Beastie Boys are as well. I don't think they say nigger or use too much ebonics in their music.

I'll agree that hip-hop is still perhaps my least favorite kind of music. I only care for the electronic in it, and for that I can go for breakcore. I'm allowed to dislike a style of music. It doesn't help that the mainstream image for rap is racist, afrocentric, and mocks whiteness. And that people who admit they don't like it often get told they're music ignorant, that they don't listen to enough underground hip-hop and are hip-hop ignorant, racist, or their whiteness/non-blackness mocked.

Hey at least when I listen to White Nationalist black metal artists they're not containing all that racial stuff in their lyrics.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
May 29, 2010 3:39 AM
Jan 2010
drewthedeuce said:
Classical.

Only liked by old rich snobs and pretentious homeschooled little shits.

Newsflash: This music is old and outdated. Listen to something modern you nostalgiafags.

haha yeah i agree,even their concerts have some kind of dress code if i'm not wrong wtf.
May 29, 2010 4:05 AM

Nov 2009
Onibokusu (58.6%51 Male)
said:

MT4Life said:
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

^this
May 29, 2010 4:10 AM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Rap fans.

True
May 29, 2010 4:32 AM

Feb 2005
"Indie" fans/Hipsters. It's not even a genre damn you.
Emo fans (That is, post hardcore/screamo not to be confused with the real Emo) with their pathetic attires, wristbands to hide their scars and excessive makeup.
And a lot of rap fans, particularly wiggers and anyone who tries to act "gangsta". Especially wiggers. Seeing rich little white kids wanting to be poor ghetto dwelling criminals truly takes the cake, worse than emos even.
May 29, 2010 4:42 AM

Apr 2010
Worst? I lump them all together, but emo, screamo, indie, scene fans are the worst.
May 29, 2010 6:02 AM

Feb 2008
So as I can see, many people has said that J-music has probably worst fans, but I have never seen one. Well in my opinion their music has no style, it is just a copy of american culture and it has no proper rhytm at all. I can't even understand what those Japanese sings about.

Emo what's bad about emo, only negative reason to dislike them is just how they dress (if you're not emo), right? They're pretty much harmless.

By the way ukonkivi, that video "holiday rap" is from GTA: San Andreas, right?

May 29, 2010 6:07 AM

Dec 2008
Hip Hop. I hate Wiggers and Gangsta wannabes.
May 29, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2008
Tecu said:
Cowabunga said:
Hip Hop. I hate Wiggers and Gangsta wannabes.

What about real gangstas like me

I don't care if you like Hip Hop or not, just don't be a wigger-gangster wannabe.
May 29, 2010 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
Each got their own shit of fans. To say which shit is better reminds me of that saying of comparing dry shit and wet shit or something.

I like certain Visual Kei bands (D=OUT for the moment) as well as random J-pop artists (AAA for the moment) but probably even all bands, and not just specific genres, have their share of shit fans.
May 29, 2010 3:03 PM

Apr 2010
Hardcore AC/DC fans.
May 29, 2010 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
I will never understand the stereotypical rap fan. You have to be dumb and loud, that's a must. Additionally, you have to be really poor but drape yourself in large chunks of gold. Oh yeah, and you have to rape the English language every chance you get.
It's all just far too genius, that's the problem.
May 29, 2010 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
Pompeii said:
I will never understand the stereotypical rap fan. You have to be dumb and loud, that's a must. Additionally, you have to be really poor but drape yourself in large chunks of gold. Oh yeah, and you have to rape the English language every chance you get.
It's all just far too genius, that's the problem.
The English language has been raped into several dialects. You can, in fact, speak American.
May 29, 2010 5:56 PM
May 2010
spupapi said:
So as I can see, many people has said that J-music has probably worst fans, but I have never seen one. Well in my opinion their music has no style, it is just a copy of american culture and it has no proper rhytm at all. I can't even understand what those Japanese sings about.

How can you judge one if you've never seen one? For you information, I listen to Japanese music and I agree with you, in some cases, its just like American music. However, to imply all Japanese music is a copy of American culture is downright untrue. Had you said "J-pop" then yeah, even though you may find something in there that you'd never hear in America, its essentially based off of America music.

That happens when your country is occupied by a foreign power who stamps out your original culture.
May 29, 2010 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
I always wanted an English equivalent of Flow's COLORS. Do link me if anyone agrees that j-pop is just a copy of American pop. The only thing right now I can think when listen to COLORS is "fabuuuuulous".
May 30, 2010 12:53 AM

Apr 2010
Tachii said:
I always wanted an English equivalent of Flow's COLORS. Do link me if anyone agrees that j-pop is just a copy of American pop. The only thing right now I can think when listen to COLORS is "fabuuuuulous".
Which anime is that the opening theme to?
May 30, 2010 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
zharnotczar said:
Tachii said:
Which anime is that the opening theme to?

Code Geass
May 30, 2010 1:18 AM

Dec 2009
all fans suck, there u happy?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.