Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2010 1:48 AM

Apr 2008
ok? it was weird at the start .. now okok

Jun 14, 2010 12:24 AM

Aug 2008
Akuto has the BEST, most useful harem I've ever seen! And it was kind of weird that the priests were more badass and ninja like than the ninja. What the hell? You know the world is f*cked up when the priests look like they came straight out of Ninja Scroll.
Jun 14, 2010 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
just two more episodes to go. I wonder how it will all end.
Jun 14, 2010 10:13 AM

Apr 2010
Okay... No comments about this episode.
A bit better than the previous one, that's all.

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 14, 2010 8:00 PM

Feb 2009
The only reason I am following this anime is because no matter how absurd the ecchi got I know from the first episode that there is some sort of plot going on and I was patient to see what it might be. I had to wait 9 episodes to get a hint of it. Jeez
Jun 17, 2010 5:19 PM

Jun 2009
Peeping ninja's. Summoned Snail pantsu lover lol.

Etou Fujiko FTW
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 11, 2010 2:18 PM

Jan 2008
Finally some plot and some development! I watched this episode after a long break from Ichiban due to the shitty 2-3 previous episodes or so, that's why continuing today made it look very refreshing.

Great romance at the beginning, only to turn action-packed into the second half with Sai showing off some really badass powers. I hope the series stays on this good path instead of showing random stuff again.

8/10
Jan 22, 2011 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
Why is everything getting so serious? D:
I liked it better when it was learning about magic and panties. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2013 3:46 PM
Oct 2012
Good ending
Mar 5, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2012
Quite an epic episode, especially that last part! It was funny that he went to a wedding meeting without knowing it was that, than next lots of great action and Keena having a huger role than thought...

LOL @ those perverted snails :p
Feb 2, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

I totally forgot the idol girl was Junko's sister.

So much misunderstanding about that arrange marriage. Akuto never did realize it.

Fujiko is controlling the perv demon beasts with her panties!
Feb 26, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

as much as i love the fanservice, i think this anime would have been much better if we have more fight scenes and plot twists like this!!

I don't know why Hattori won't say the whole situation in the first place, could have avoided this big misunderstanding.

Also i don't know why she suddenly wants to marry Akuto-san. I guess she really likes him :P

And wow she wants to have sex as soon as possible XD

Same thing with Keena, why not tell Akuto that today is your birthday "-_____-

Korone being clever as always!!

So the Idol girl Yuko is Hattori's little sister huh :D

Finally Teruya reappears!! Haruka Tomatsu's bossy voice is soo sexy!!!

I don't mind being dominated like that!

I actually thought Korone and Akuto would fight for real, but She knows she can't betray Akuto like that!

So this Yamato guy was the one who gave the hair pin to Keena? I wonder if he's the previous Demon Lord? soo suspicious :P

And yay more Fujioka scenes!! She seems happy now!! and Lol she managed to control the monsters with her panties off!!

Last 3 episodes! Get hype!!
Jun 29, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
This was a good episode. Having finished the LN, I'm just going to hunker down and enjoy the last few episodes of the series.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 21, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
Wow guys, calm down! Why is this going so damn fast, what is even happening?
Feb 9, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
I just dont Keina being the main heroine of the series but the cover of the novel proves otherwise. She's just one fucking annoying character.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jun 19, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2013
Again so much missunderstandings in the meeting with the Hattori family. The idol is the sister von Junko, I didn't saw this coming.

Poor Junko, was sad to see her crying, but she really loves Akuto :(

Hmm Keena the target of the bishop and Bouichirou the one who saved her.

And so much blood. After the last 2 episodes that was refreshing. I'm curious what will happen next.

Apr 1, 2019 8:11 AM
Sep 2018
Still early on in the episode, but some things have been made clear.

The established system _is_ corrupt, by definition.
And... it's inconsistent, as well.

After all, if the more mana you can manipulate, the closer to God you are, then what should this say concerning the Demon King's relationship with God? Hmm? Hmm?

Also.
"I'm not the one doing this, God is. So thank God."
"No, it's actually you, so I want to thank you."
"It's God, I say!"
"God is a concept created by man. You are the one actually acting. So I want to thank you."
"This is why you are all orphans! You insolent little shit, is this any way to act towards someone who is about to give you large sums of money?!"
So, it's because they're acting like this, that they are orphans? Isn't it actually quite the reverse?
And wasn't it God who was doing that, giving the money? Suddenly you acknowledge that it's actually you doing it...
You're saying it's God doing it, so that they will accept their place in society as being determined by God, rather than as a result of the society they exist within; after all, societies can be changed... while God is perfect in understanding, and would never do an injustice, so if it's God's will that you are in the situation you are in, accept it as being just.

So, yes, by definition the Demon King _is_ an enemy of the State, as he wants to change the State. So it's understandable that those in power would oppose him.

The amusing thing is that most of those supporting him are doing it for reasons he'd be appalled at, if he knew what they really were.
Changing who's in charge, yes, changing the fundamental structure of society to uplift the masses, um, no, that's _not_ their agenda, at all.

And, the one Sister was clearly very pragmatic and realistic: "Sometimes you should just bow your head, even though you are right."
Very good advice... if there's no way to change the system.
If you think the system can be changed, very hard to do, even in the short run, if you are a true believer in doing what is Right.
The Demon King is an Idealist.
Not one willing to compromise with what he perceives to be evil, even if doing so in the short run might forward his long term goals; if he did so, they'd become tainted.

The one closest to understanding and supporting his position... is The Hero.
It'll be interesting to see how that relationship progresses.

Later:
Having now finished the Ep...
He's more pragmatic than I'd realized.
When going against a powerful structure, and your back is against the wall, accept the assistance offered you by those who also oppose the current system.
End goals can be discussed when you have the leisure to do so; first, you have to survive long enough to have the chance for such a discussion.

The blond chappy saved her, but only so he could use her for his own purposes; he could care less about her as a person. He'd force her to do his will, with no concern for what that did to her.
The Demon King, on the other hand, desires for her to be able to decide her own destiny.
Blondie also claims to have given the hairclip; don't think so, chuphead!

(Note: The April Fools 2019 gag is still in effect, which makes it hard to determine character names... not that I don't usually use descriptions rather than names in the first place.)
WeasalopesApr 1, 2019 8:44 AM
Mar 20, 2020 6:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I want to see the mariage :(
Dec 15, 2020 3:38 PM
Nov 2015
I think Sai is a bit insensitive to girl's feeling so someone who usually show different attitude to their true feeling like tsundere (Junko) and kuudere (Korone) would be misunderstood.

Seeing Keena celebrate her birthday alone (and she doesn't have any friend) remind me a lot of Yunyun from Konosuba T_T

The ED implied her as the main heroine so I don't know why anyone would think Sai wouldn't choose either Keena only or a harem end with her as the first bride~
I love ecchi-romance-comedy manga!
Oct 4, 2021 1:34 PM

Aug 2017
"God is nothing more than a system created by humans"
"I won't apologize to something that doesn't exist"

DAMN, I'M ATHEIST AND THIS SO RELATABLE.

Pretty good episode overall. Looks like the plot is moving!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Nov 2010
Junko has nothing to worry about. I think she's the main waifu in Akuto's eyes, despite the fact Keena appears to be closer to him.
I'm a beast too (in a way), and a little sniff of Fujiko is enough to turn me into one of her minions for sure!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

283 by kris2sleepy »»
Oct 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.