Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Jan 2009
the voice of Yuri is epic, whether in Japanese or in English.
BUT
I like Yuri with the English voice more.
is there anyone like it in English too?
Jun 7, 2010 4:37 PM

Aug 2009
Aw man, where are the subs? It's been almost two weeks since the DVD/BD release. >.>
Jun 7, 2010 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
Hisham_Qurashi said:
the voice of Yuri is epic, whether in Japanese or in English.
BUT
I like Yuri with the English voice more.
is there anyone like it in English too?

I do Quras :D I love both his Japanese and English (note, if you wanna hear more of Yuri's japanese voice, go watch Pandora Hearts).

I love his english more because it's extremely seductive, and makes you want him badly ;D His voice is just, its that type of voice where you just sit and sigh when he speaks, like.... Kratos Aurion's Voice, or Frederic Chopin (Eternal Sonata).

And Clous. I said I can tell you the story, heck I can tell you lines they're saying. All I cant do is give you the script physically. So basically what I am saying, is that I cant hand over a word document on my coputer that says "Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ English Translated Finished" thats all I am saying. I didnt however, say that I cant give details. You want screenshots, plot, explanations, dialog. I can tell you all about it. I just cant hand over my copy of the physical script. That goes for everyone here. You can ask all you want, and I can tell you anything you desire from the Movie. I just cant give out a simple data file, kay :D That's all I truely meant.
Jun 9, 2010 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
SUBS ARE OUT! Finally... x3
Jun 9, 2010 6:08 PM

Nov 2006
lolchihiro
Jun 9, 2010 6:45 PM

Apr 2010
windy said:
lolchihiro

Thats what I said, but my impatience kicked in.
Jun 11, 2010 11:05 AM
May 2010
Saw the full thing now :P
A little odd that in the game, which takes place later, Flynn got on Yuri's case when Yuri killed to save lives; but practically helped him kill the bad guy here, and didn't say a word against Yuri doing so.
Sure, one bad guy was an immediate threat to their lives, and the others were just a "have-killed-villagers-and-will-again-if-not-killed" threat, but come on Flynn, you can see the connection there :P The one Yuri killed in this movie hadn't even killed anyone directly (the commander was inadvertent).
Jun 11, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
Finally...
I'm done.
I completed the translation of this movie in Arabic.
Jun 12, 2010 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
If you ask me i'd wait for AC. I've seen Chihiro's subs and didnt like it very much. Some of it seemed wrong =/ expecially when I compared it to the script I already posses D:

AC should be releasing it anytime now, so keeps your eyes on that website :D
And then, once you've watched it for yourself, show it to EVERYONE ELSE :D
Jun 12, 2010 7:27 AM
Feb 2009
I'm definitely supporting the idea of 2nd strike n 3rd strike!!! 1 movie isn't enough for this whole story
Jun 12, 2010 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:
If you ask me i'd wait for AC. I've seen Chihiro's subs and didnt like it very much. Some of it seemed wrong =/ expecially when I compared it to the script I already posses D:

AC should be releasing it anytime now, so keeps your eyes on that website :D
And then, once you've watched it for yourself, show it to EVERYONE ELSE :D

Its chihiros subs. I think we all knew it would be super inaccurate :P

I still got the jist of the story from it though. I expect AC to do a way better job and I'll download theirs for keepsies when its most likely released later this evening.
Jun 12, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2006
HaloX5 said:
I've seen Chihiro's subs and didnt like it very much. Some of it seemed wrong =/
understatement of the year.
Jun 13, 2010 12:23 AM

Jul 2009
Is it really that bad? I don't know them, but I've heard it was good. /dunno, hasn't watched theirs yet

And thanks for the trust, guys. I hope you won't be disappointed ^^"
And sorry for the slowness. Should have been released yesterday, but, heh, technical problems at the last moment...
If everything goes right, it should be up today. I won't promise it though, you never know with computers, so please don't hate me if you have to wait a little longer than expected ;)
-AC staff member-
YumeHanabiJun 13, 2010 3:34 AM
Jun 13, 2010 2:59 AM

Nov 2006
looking forward to it!
Jun 13, 2010 3:07 PM
Nov 2009
i thought the subs were fine not sure what people are complaining about.
Jun 15, 2010 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
windy said:
HaloX5 said:
I've seen Chihiro's subs and didnt like it very much. Some of it seemed wrong =/

Okay Windy :D They we're so bad. It makes Tales of the Tempest look like the best game of the year. It's makes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's look awesome. And Haze the best FPS of all time. 8D how about that.

@everydaygamer do you understand any japanese at all 8D One if you do, you should understand already why the subs are bad. Two if you actually somehow have a translation already on hand thats pretty damn acurate (if not exact), and compare it to the film, you'd also understand. Three i've never heard of Chihiro fansubs until I was told by someone, so ._. i'm guessing thats pretty flail.
Jun 15, 2010 3:31 PM

Nov 2006
HaloX5 said:
windy said:
HaloX5 said:
t's makes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's look awesome
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?!?!?!?!!?!
Jun 17, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
windy said:
HaloX5 said:
windy said:
HaloX5 said:
t's makes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's look awesome
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?!?!?!?!!?!

It looks like someone has seen the ABRIDGED SERIES 8D
Jun 22, 2010 6:38 AM

Jul 2007
HaloX5 said:
Three i've never heard of Chihiro fansubs until I was told by someone, so ._. i'm guessing thats pretty flail.

Really? Chihiro has been around for a good while now if you havent heard of them its probably because you dont pay enough attention to who is subbing what or you just don't watch what they sub (which is weird since they sub ALOT of shows).
Jun 22, 2010 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
skullking123 said:
HaloX5 said:
Three i've never heard of Chihiro fansubs until I was told by someone, so ._. i'm guessing thats pretty flail.

Really? Chihiro has been around for a good while now if you havent heard of them its probably because you dont pay enough attention to who is subbing what or you just don't watch what they sub (which is weird since they sub ALOT of shows).

I watched ton's of anime, and probably have seen the shows they've subbed. But probably not subbed by them specifically. It's true I dont pay complete attention to who's subbing. Only in some cases like if only one group is subbing the anime or if i'm after a specific subbing for download.

I've seen two other subbings of "The First Strike" though and I prefered they're subs alot more =/
Jun 22, 2010 9:41 PM

Jan 2009
What's wrong with you people?
Chihiro's subs is more than good.
I personally choosed their script to translate it into Arabic.
and now our script is Perfect.
at least, they put it early.
Jun 23, 2010 2:18 AM

Sep 2009
Hisham_Qurashi said:

And do you want to co-operate with AC for multilanguage version?
I think it's a bit rude for your side to be part of a project like that and don't use their original translation. For the Spanish translation, We downloaded both versions to compare translations in some parts and when japanese was difficult to understand, but obviously, we based in AC the main translation. For example, name romanizations in Chihiro are wrong: the real ones are Chastel, Hisca and Niren as written in the ToV Official Fanbook.
Jun 23, 2010 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
clow_shirow said:
Hisham_Qurashi said:

I think it's a bit rude for your side to be part of a project like that and don't use their original translation. For the Spanish translation, We downloaded both versions to compare translations in some parts and when japanese was difficult to understand, but obviously, we based in AC the main translation. For example, name romanizations in Chihiro are wrong: the real ones are Chastel, Hisca and Niren as written in the ToV Official Fanbook.

What are you saying that he didnt participate in AC's multi-language subbings =/ that's harsh. They need all the help they can get...

Also even AC changed some of the names to their preferance =3 like Nylen and Galista.

I'd rather follow on AC's translation since they are the true Tales Fans, they put really hard work into they're subs.
Jun 24, 2010 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
HaloX5 said:
What are you saying that he didnt participate in AC's multi-language subbings =/ that's harsh. They need all the help they can get...

Also even AC changed some of the names to their preferance =3 like Nylen and Galista.

I'd rather follow on AC's translation since they are the true Tales Fans, they put really hard work into they're subs.

I'm afraid I didn't quite get what you said O_o Clow was supporting your claim. Both of us are working with AC for their multilanguage version, and supposedly, Hisham is helping them as well... but he said that he translated the movie from Chihiro since they were faster, and that's a little bit ironic.

tl;dr > both Clow and I agree with you, AC are true Tales fans and more people should support them because they really love and know about what they do :3
Jun 26, 2010 10:20 AM

Aug 2009
Miyazawa_Lulu said:
HaloX5 said:

I'm afraid I didn't quite get what you said O_o Clow was supporting your claim. Both of us are working with AC for their multilanguage version, and supposedly, Hisham is helping them as well... but he said that he translated the movie from Chihiro since they were faster, and that's a little bit ironic.

tl;dr > both Clow and I agree with you, AC are true Tales fans and more people should support them because they really love and know about what they do :3

Ah, sorry >_< I guess I misread what Clow said. But Hisham really should have waited for AC, lol.

Oh you're working on the multi-language too? I only need the english version but I wish you good luck with your works ^_^

I know, I dont know why there aren't many people that do. Then again you'd have to be a Tales Fan to even know about them. A lot of people prefer the RPG Series of Final Fantasy to it as well (unfortunately).
Jul 1, 2010 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
clow_shirow said:
Hisham_Qurashi said:

oh sorry I reply late,
I wanted to be the translator.
and AC have put me as an Editor.
hehe I don't want to insult anyone but they are really mean and it's hard to work with them.
in the other side, Chihiro was so kind, and for me (Morals before work) ^_^
Jul 3, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
I guess thats true. But in real life. People wont hold your hand xD I guess AC are just the real deal, and are pretty serious when they get down with it.

:D They probably didnt mean any harm.
Jul 8, 2010 2:21 AM

Jul 2009
I think there was some misunderstanding going on...
Jul 8, 2010 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
YumeHanabi said:
I think there was some misunderstanding going on...

yes, you're right. There was some misunderstanding from your leader.
Nov 7, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
US release w/ subs please :D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 31, 2010

114 by thebluesquiggly »»
Jun 10, 2023 9:41 PM

» Is this a standalone film?

StevenHu - Dec 28, 2013

2 by StevenHu »»
Apr 7, 2014 1:16 PM

» Is this prequel show better than the videogame?

LilKis1986 - Oct 24, 2012

4 by FullmetalRaikou »»
Aug 9, 2013 7:48 PM

» When will this come 2 the internet ?

Kawaii-Vesperia - Oct 9, 2009

37 by Red-Liquid »»
May 28, 2010 5:24 AM

» Tales of Vesperia Staff and Cast

dtshyk - Apr 6, 2009

5 by HaloX5 »»
Oct 5, 2009 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.