Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2013
Can't really call this anime original, but then again I think its nearly impossible to find originality in the SoL Rom-Com scene. When looking at these anime, its best to judge by personal enjoyment.

I personally probably rated this higher than I usually would have since I just got done watching an incredibly bittersweet anime in Mawaru Panguindrum. I literally watched this with the sole intent of seeing something that was happy and ended happy.

Also lol at the person on the front page that tried to diss someone for having Monster in their top 5 anime. Monster is a fucking masterpiece.
Jan 30, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2012
It's actually quite funny for a lot of people, and the music is really good as well.

Well, haters got to hate.

This does deserve a slightly lower average score though, 8.3 for it is really too high. I think a 7.9 would be more suitable. However, the enjoyment factor is really what makes it shine so I keep my 9 score for this.
Feb 7, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2013
I never really liked this series... dropped the manga at episode 15.

Well, sometimes I think it's overrated too, but again this is just a subjective opinion. I myself do not particularly like comedies and "fun" stories. I prefer emotional and realistic ones. (That's why I don't like KWMS)
To be very honest, everyone has different tastes and we can't really define something as overrated just because a majority of people like it but we do not. There are always times when we have opposing views from the general public (and in this case, the KWMS or Usui fangirls), but this only reflects the diversity of preference and nothing else.

To me, the rating and popularity of a particular show is insignificant, because if I like it, I like it. If I hate it, then I just do. There's no point for me to dwell on what others think.

And your questions can be answered so easily:

Q: Why do people like KWMS?
A: They all have different reasons. Just like why some people don't like the series.

Q: Why is the series "overrated"?
A: Because a substantial amount of people THAT GAVE A RATING TO IT liked it (for those reasons), while only a small amount of people THAT GAVE A RATING TO IT didn't.

Q: It's not even entertaining/original/etc. Why does it captivate so many people?
A: You think it's not entertaining, but they do. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Conclusion: Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. If we don't like it, then we don't watch it. If they like it, then they watch it. Simple as that.
Feb 25, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
I'm only on episode 17 but Usui is too much of the Mary Sue type of character. Good at everything he does, flawless, etc. Very static personality thus so far, but love how he is constantly trolling everyone. My guess is people are disappointed with the show because it is not realistic. However, I would still give this anime a 7 because it is entertaining, lighthearted, funny, and cute. The comedic character interactions are probably the highlight of the show for me. The drama is brief and often resolved in a comedic manner. The show doesn't take itself seriously but the critics sure do. I agree the anime is probably rated too high but then again so is the majority of all MAL rankings.
zzzeallyFeb 25, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 18, 2014 5:25 PM
Nov 2013
Hmm interesting topic. I finish watching all the episodes and even though the manga continue I do feel like the anime series itself of Kaichou wa maid-sama is worth at least 6 - 7 at best.

Not like the topic of this forum is actually hating on anything it just his subjective and curious opinion on the show popularity. But as for me I do feel that the anime is pretty average and is overrated. But it isn't bad either.

Like what Zeally said above, the show does have a light hearted, humorist, and pleasurable element that the shojo community can enjoy. As for popularity the show bring enjoyment, however I mostly see the show heavily use fan service of the relationship between Misaki and Usui and Usui a very good looking, flawless personality and cliché attitude which could be possible the main reason why this series is so popular. A perfect combination that help bring in more fandom in the shojo community for more positive reaction.

Unfortunately for me the show have some bland, interesting side characters, and a very generic plot that hold little to no interest. But for me show isn't bad at all, it is good and what it present for all shojo fans. But it isn't great. Not like other great romance anime and manga with interesting characters, and story, I have seen.

Lastly I would say that I agree that the show ranting in myanimelist is a little bit higher then it actually offer. (Like any other series) But I will conclusion that the show isn't bad but average and just because something is popular, and just because someone say a show is great doesn't mean it is. I could have wrote a review about the series but I'm not really into reviewing here. So that just my opinion in this conversation here and hope it help you.
Apr 18, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
I agree. I honestly think people make it a big deal. I don't see why people fan-girl over Usui as well. He's not that big a deal. The anime its self was pretty annoying. you could predict what would happen because of course Usui would always be there and has to be perfect at everything. Although the art was nice and it did have some funny moments, I don't think it should receive an 8.23. I'm not saying it's the most overrated series, but still it doesn't deserve that rating either.
Apr 19, 2014 11:34 PM

Apr 2014
I thought it was alright. Maybe not the best anime I have seen but I enjoyed it. It made me laugh some and I liked the characters.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.