Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 28, 2010 10:09 AM

Oct 2008
supersonic124 said:
fertygo said:
You can download dubs too, they aren't that hard to find.........
yeah, that what I meant, I download it if really want hear the dubs, or just watch the fansubs if found dubs will not work for certain title, even already buys the DVD. the bundle's is too precious to be broken ;___;

Why don't we actually stick to talking about the topic itself as oppse to another opportunity to share random opinions over how we wanna watch a show, regardless of the audio or format, okay?

fertygo said:
Don't die yet funi, I'm still waiting your release of Casshern Sins, and the rest of EVA rebuild and FMA: B T________T

You might wanna read posts # 30, 31, and 32 before you feel it's the call of the apocalypse. Also as you read post # 30, try to actually bother clicking the link and then listening to the podcast. The people will clarify everything 10 minutes into the episode.
May 28, 2010 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
@hypeathon
lol I know about posts # 30, 31, and 32, I'm just react to people who wants funi dies, etc. + trolling <3

Btw I think "acquisition" is the better words for this context rather "dispose"
fertygoMay 28, 2010 10:20 AM
May 28, 2010 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
The shortsighted, ignorant dumbfucks in this thread displaying their lack of intelligence is simply amazing. If FUNi goes down, so does the industry.
May 28, 2010 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Okay, reading through this thread has probably given me a mental aneurysm so the full ranting content of this post shall be in the spoiler tag while the normal grammar correct will be after. If any minor religions are offended by the following, I apologize. Oh and this is strictly dedicated to FUNi haters/people who don't realize what they're talking about.

Oh and before anybody pulls the "LOL, U MAD" crap or variation thereof, let me beat you to the punch and say...yes, yes I was mad but I'm good now.

Now as for this news, I'd be interested in who is going to pick up the slack? I think a Bandai/FUNi fusion would be cool. Then Bandai wouldn't have to worry about BangZoom possibly folding.

Good riddance my ass. You know damn well you probably watched DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho as kids
May 28, 2010 10:59 AM

Feb 2008
doesn't that just mean they might go solo or find another parent? funimation is still racking in profits.
May 28, 2010 11:29 AM

Feb 2010
Asoona: FA..............THTZ MESSED UP!!!! LEAVE FUNimation ALONE!!!!!!!!

kiyo: they're crazy for planning that ._.
May 28, 2010 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
Oh, dear. The R1 animu industry sure isn't looking good.

Then again, I live in Europe, so this really won't affect me. =P
May 28, 2010 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
*kisami: it's like Volkswagen isn't creating passats anymore and now everyone from the passat sector wants to transfer to bmw.
It's the exact thing you said but with other example.
It's irrational...
I doubt Funi will be disposed of.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
May 28, 2010 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
Sempie said:
So even though Funi is raking in the big dough there considering it still?

:|

EDIT: As if current production teamups, and the current RAINBOW simulcast aren't evident enough.

Funi is selling, and doing excellent in the market. Licenses recently? No. But keeping up in profit? Yes.

Navarre would complete would have to be a dumbass to give Funi away with that much load of cash sailing with it.
May 28, 2010 2:50 PM
Aug 2009
KayChan4U said:
Holy fuck.....no.

Funimation is like..one of the only really good dub companies. FFS Why.

I agree to that :]
May 28, 2010 3:11 PM
Nov 2008
Vcdrem said:
Eh, either way since I watch most of my anime subbed, this doesn't effect me. I'll just buy the import DVDs, they still have English subs.

Those "import DVDs" sound more like "bootlegs".

FlashFumo said:
Oh, dear. The R1 animu industry sure isn't looking good.

Then again, I live in Europe, so this really won't affect me. =P

Sorry for pinning you as an idiot...but you are aware that R2 DVDs are a by-product of R1s, right?
no-thanksMay 28, 2010 3:15 PM
May 28, 2010 3:45 PM

Mar 2007
So wait. Hold the phone.

Who the hell went raging about "dub-haters" when not a single person said they hated FUNi's dubs?

Learn to fucking read. No wonder you all seem to hump the dubs like they're your bitch. You can't read properly.

My earlier comment was entirely meant to be only tangentially related to the news post, in that I do hope they die in a fire. They deserve it. There are many, more talented companies, and simply because their business model caters to idiots such as those who have posted here irrationally defending them against imaginary people, they still exist where others have fallen. Never mind that they're raping the series you supposedly "love."

I would ask that you all please do your own research, you know, based on something outside of your country, since you seem to feel it's important.

Long live Mediablasters and AnimeWorks. Rest in peace Geneon. And Bandai, you're really not all that bad, just more like the red-headed stepchild. Come into your own already.

End rant.
Sumiregawa-kunMay 28, 2010 3:50 PM
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
May 28, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:
Okay, reading through this thread has probably given me a mental aneurysm so the full ranting content of this post shall be in the spoiler tag while the normal grammar correct will be after. If any minor religions are offended by the following, I apologize. Oh and this is strictly dedicated to FUNi haters/people who don't realize what they're talking about.

Oh and before anybody pulls the "LOL, U MAD" crap or variation thereof, let me beat you to the punch and say...yes, yes I was mad but I'm good now.

Now as for this news, I'd be interested in who is going to pick up the slack? I think a Bandai/FUNi fusion would be cool. Then Bandai wouldn't have to worry about BangZoom possibly folding.

Good riddance my ass. You know damn well you probably watched DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho as kids

*Gives him the greatest Thumbs-Up he has ever given to anyone* Amen

FUNI getting disposed of(or whatever)would really be a kick in the balls to everyone.

May 28, 2010 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
Wow. Quite a lot of conflict here. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who sounds the more reasonable.

I think the main concern here is was do these people feel compelled to vomit their hate for funimation. This is outright stupid because
1: It does not effect you in the slightest. Even if Funimation ran out of business(Even though this article has nothing to do with that) that wouldn't have any impact on your precious fansubs.
2: If you watch fansubs then chances are you don't buy anime. So you are being a serious douche in bashing a company that is trying to sell you what you have been outright stealing.
3: Why bother voicing hate in the first place? Nothing else better to do than bitch on the internet? If you are just going to bitch what has been bitched to death then whats the point of posting at all! Get a hobby dumbass.

Well seeya I am off to watch some anime.....
AidanAK47May 28, 2010 5:52 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 28, 2010 8:02 PM
Oct 2009
ITT: Stupid people bash all dubs for they are hopeless attentionwhorefagnerds and intelligent people facepalm.

all you need to know, move along people, nothing to see here!

Smile, Sweet, Sister, Sadistic, Surprise, Service, Slider
May 28, 2010 8:15 PM

Jan 2010
Really. How often do R1 releases NOT named Pokemon lack subs these days?

If you're honestly disabled to the point of not understanding how to change language settings on a DVD player, anime should be the least of your concerns. Being lazy or a moron doesn't cut it.
May 29, 2010 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
Awful lot of butt hurt in this thread. "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SUBFAGS ARE MAKING FUN OF MY DUB LOVE"

I don't care about Funi's dubs, I don't need to beat a dead horse, them going the way of the dinosaur just means less C&Ds to inconvenience my Animu pirating, god I hate those C&Ds it makes me have to click 2 links instead of 1.

Oh well DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!
JigeroMay 29, 2010 1:28 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
May 29, 2010 1:37 AM

Sep 2008
Sorry funi haters I doubt they'll will die soon, they announcing new titles for their simulcast

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-28/funimation-to-simulcast-rainbow-tv-anime

Sigh... its will be hard for watching the fansubs for this title for now, but nah... like they can stop me watch Soul Eater, FMA: B. and others from fansubs lol
May 29, 2010 7:12 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm it's not that I hate funi it's just that I don't give a shit about them. And furthermore you don't need to have a reason to not give a shit about something or someone. So this thread (in my not so humble opinion) is the perfect place for misplaced rage! Oh dubs are definitely important to the industry (the profitable one atleast) but fansubs are what started the popularity in alot of series. You can argue with this fact as much as you want but must of you probably don't remember the VHS era when most animes never got dubs.
May 29, 2010 8:21 AM

Feb 2010
All this licensing company's were just gaining profit on animes by dubbing...

who the hell need dubs if we already have subs and pro-seiyuus?? (mostly though..)
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 29, 2010 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
Cashdaxxx said:
All this licensing company's were just gaining profit on animes by dubbing...

who the hell need dubs if we already have subs and pro-seiyuus?? (mostly though..)

Because there are people who prefer dubs?
May 29, 2010 8:45 AM

Nov 2009
ITT: dubfags think that R1 licenses and releases actually effect the anime industry as a whole.

Onibokusu said:
Sorry for pinning you as an idiot...but you are aware that R2 DVDs are a by-product of R1s, right?

because the R1's come out before the R2's right?

sorry for pinning you as an idiot...but you are aware of the fact that dvd region has no bearing on the content's source, right?

Jigero said:
Awful lot of butt hurt in this thread. "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SUBFAGS ARE MAKING FUN OF MY DUB LOVE"

I don't care about Funi's dubs, I don't need to beat a dead horse, them going the way of the dinosaur just means less C&Ds to inconvenience my Animu pirating, god I hate those C&Ds it makes me have to click 2 links instead of 1.

its not dead yet, but we can hope.
May 29, 2010 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
This happens a lot in the American Buisness world. Funimation being the size that it is won't dissapear though. If/When Nivarre doesn't want Funimation anymore as the parent company Nivarre will sell Funimation to another big company that is interested in the industry, because Nivarre can make a lot of money just through the sale of Funimation.

Funimation's future will be decided by that company, whether the company will leave Funimation as a subsidiary company like it is with Nivarre or integrate it with the main company.
May 29, 2010 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
fumino_kaji said:
ITT: dubfags think that R1 licenses and releases actually effect the anime industry as a whole.

It does to an extent. You do know the Anime Industry is severely dying in Japan, which is extending over to outsourcing more of these jobs in China and Korea?

And also, the Japanese Government are funding to make Anime popular WORLDWIDE. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-01/japan-to-fund-10-billion-yen-to-promote-content-abroad

So yes, if Funi dies, then it could result in a severe blow to the western industry of Animation, which could cripple the Japanese Government's vision of a worldwide promotion of anime, especially where America is one of the country which consumes a lot of anime.
May 29, 2010 9:12 AM
Apr 2010
MY God...How can 80% of the people posting on this forum be so DUMB...Instead of ranting on like the rest of you idiots i will quote what was said from our New Team friend.If on some off chance you still can not grasp what was said in that paragraph you my friend need to revaluate your education level...

dtshyk said:
The development of the profits and the business of FUNimation has met Navarre's expectation, but the anime business has deviated from the core project of Navarre, which closed its movie and music media section in 2009. Anime!Anime! speculates that Navarre will concentrate its resources on PC related business. Navarre said the consideration of the sale doesn't immediately lead to the actual disposal.]

NOTE:I even deleted the useless text and left the ones that point to the real reason for the idiots :)

Seriously people read before you post..
Angra-MainyuMay 29, 2010 9:16 AM
May 29, 2010 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
Osianilist said:
MY God...How can 80% of the people posting on this forum be so DUMB...

Because those 80% do not actually read the information before posting.
May 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Dec 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Wow. Quite a lot of conflict here. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who sounds the more reasonable.

I think the main concern here is was do these people feel compelled to vomit their hate for funimation. This is outright stupid because
1: It does not effect you in the slightest. Even if Funimation ran out of business(Even though this article has nothing to do with that) that wouldn't have any impact on your precious fansubs.
2: If you watch fansubs then chances are you don't buy anime. So you are being a serious douche in bashing a company that is trying to sell you what you have been outright stealing.
3: Why bother voicing hate in the first place? Nothing else better to do than bitch on the internet? If you are just going to bitch what has been bitched to death then whats the point of posting at all! Get a hobby dumbass.

Well seeya I am off to watch some anime.....

QFT.

That, and as said many people are just bitching, and moaning over this when all there doing is just flame baiting/trolling/acting like dumbfucks.
May 29, 2010 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
fumino_kaji said:

If were dubfags what does that make you? Also think about it, after r1 companies licensed alot of stuff in 2005-2008 we started getting alot of great anime like black lagoon, code geass, death note etc,but now as more and more r1 companies go down the less good anime we get, look at the past 2 seasons of anime it has been nothing but crap compared to 2006-2008 when the r1 companies were licensing alot of stuff. If the r1 companies stopped licensing stuff, the anime studios would have less money to spend to produce risker stuff and instead just make safe moe crap like they have been doing for the past 2 seasons.
May 29, 2010 11:36 AM

Jan 2010
Daimyo said:
Hmm it's not that I hate funi it's just that I don't give a shit about them. And furthermore you don't need to have a reason to not give a shit about something or someone. So this thread (in my not so humble opinion) is the perfect place for misplaced rage! Oh dubs are definitely important to the industry (the profitable one atleast) but fansubs are what started the popularity in alot of series. You can argue with this fact as much as you want but must of you probably don't remember the VHS era when most animes never got dubs.

Thanks for expanding on my point. Fansubs are not a problem. Fansubs that support piracy are.

People don't get there's a HUGE difference between these two concepts.
May 29, 2010 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
supersonic124 said:
If were dubfags what does that make you?

a rawfag.

r2 dvd's & BR's ftw.
May 29, 2010 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
I'm seeing a reversal in trends from the 90s here. There is now a growing feeling that anime sucks because it's too popular, so people are rooting for it to go back to an underground cult sensation.

When Bang Zoom announced the possibility of dropping dubs altogether last month, there was a lot of rejoicing for precisely that reason. Ironically in the 90s anime fans were wanting it to become more mainstream and accepted and now the shoe's on the other foot.
May 29, 2010 4:46 PM
Mar 2010
Sumiregawa-kun said:
Dear FUNi,

Go die in a pit of fire for your dub titles and "translations" of anime. Let a good company take care of it.

Sincerely,
Embittered and Boycotting Anime-fan

FUNimation should die in pieces for that matter
in pieces!!! XD
May 29, 2010 6:17 PM
Dec 2007
It saddens me how neither side actually has the moral high-ground since even the dub viewers are just downloading(illegally I presume). Also, I think this is the first time I seriously see someone say "that's how I roll". Outside some lame movie that is.
Leon-GunMay 29, 2010 6:23 PM

May 29, 2010 6:30 PM
Mar 2010
supersonic124 , YOU ARE F***ED UP.
dont be bothered by it, i just dont like what you are saying thats all.
p.s u piss people(or maybe just me) off ;p

''I just like to curse that's just how i roll'' -_- WTF
May 29, 2010 6:35 PM
Nov 2008
fumino_kaji said:

because the R1's come out before the R2's right?

sorry for pinning you as an idiot...but you are aware of the fact that dvd region has no bearing on the content's source, right?

You're such a bad troll. R2's take the work of those that published the R1s, change the menus and the such and release it in Europe and other places where R2 is supported. They may change some things, disclude some thing and the such, but they're still a by product of R1 DVD releases.

You wonder why there is significantly less R2 and R4 releases? Bad sales in the U.S.A. make companies deem series that didn't sell as not worth selling in Europe, Australia and other regions either.

The only place where sales in the U.S.A. don't effect decisions is South East Asia.

Then again, I have no idea why I am describing this to you. You seem to have no idea what the purpose of region coding is.
May 29, 2010 8:01 PM
Oct 2009
AICW said:
I'm seeing a reversal in trends from the 90s here. There is now a growing feeling that anime sucks because it's too popular, so people are rooting for it to go back to an underground cult sensation.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle6cd1cskka05i

May 29, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
well, if anything, it seems that Navarre is pretty serious about moving FUNI... that's a pretty serious investment firm they've got working the dealings.
May 29, 2010 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
AICW said:

I thought anime sucks (or rather is sucking) because it's too niche.

AICW said:
When Bang Zoom announced the possibility of dropping dubs altogether last month

Actually I believe it was more-so that Bandai, Bang Zoom's main client with dubbing anime, that would possibly cut the strings with going to recording studios like Bang Zoom and just stick to sub-only releases like with Kannagi and Hayate Combat Butler.

AICW said:
there was a lot of rejoicing for precisely that reason. Ironically in the 90s anime fans were wanting it to become more mainstream and accepted and now the shoe's on the other foot.

Statements like this makes me wonder if enough people here read the opinions from various anime forums other than MAL like at Adult Swim, ANN, or the Mania website so they would know whether or not less people want anime to be mainstream.
HypeathonMay 29, 2010 10:07 PM
May 29, 2010 10:13 PM
Nov 2008
fumino_kaji said:
oh really, so youre saying japan isnt an r2 country? or were you implying that the anime we enjoy doesnt come from japan?

Are you aware that Europe is also an R2 country? There are actually a lot of countries in the second DVD region. Then again, you've already admitted to not knowing Japanese...so I have no idea why you'd buy R2 releases from Japan.

So you'd buy R2 releases, load up some fan translations and then watch anime?

Idiocrity in a bottle you are. The rate of exchange may lower the price, but then there's shipping and handling, and the fact that most anime DVDs in Japan only have one to three episodes on it, so you'll end up paying double the price anyway.

If you're doing it simply out of principal, you're foolish.

I still call a troll.
May 30, 2010 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
Bleh its dumb. it doesn't matter you buy R1 or R2, if I want to buy DVD/BD's anime its means I want to collect and appreciate it. But if R1 available of course I rather it than the R2 because its more cheap.

to be honest I don't care the subs/dubs Quality of R1 have, because if I buy it simply for collect and Appreciate it. my cousins have Kaiji R2 box-set for about 260USD and not able to play it on DVD and not complain about it because he can watch the fansubs anytime, and on the other hand I buy Baccano Funi box-set only for 40USD, and not even bother to open the bundle.

that its, some people buy anime DVD'S not only to watch it, they just want to collect and support title's which they like. that why I support funi, because they offer 2nd options to me rather to buy the expensive R1.
May 30, 2010 9:22 AM
Oct 2009
to be fair, the point of the thread has already become long forgotten :p

May 30, 2010 10:10 AM

Sep 2008
nmanguy said:
Jigero said:

God forbid those crazy Japs want to make money outside their country instead of giving it out for free.

Actually, are you being serious? I have a suspicion that we're all being punked...

1st of all, Yes I was serious.

2nd of all, C&Ds have nothing do with the Japanese wanting to make money, It's the American companies who send out the C&Ds for their own interests.

3rd of all, They send them out like it matters, they C&D a website or a Fansubber but it does nothing, because there are plenty of other fansub groups, individuals and websites releasing the exact same content.

4th of all, I've yet to see any C&D stop me from getting any kind of content. It just requires me searching a little more, so I'll be glad when they're less of them, because like I said, I wanna do one click not two.
JigeroMay 30, 2010 10:13 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
May 30, 2010 11:54 AM
Dec 2007
2nd of all, C&Ds have nothing do with the Japanese wanting to make money, It's the American companies who send out the C&Ds for their own interests.

3rd of all, They send them out like it matters, they C&D a website or a Fansubber but it does nothing, because there are plenty of other fansub groups, individuals and websites releasing the exact same content.

A) Japanese companies also are irked by fansubbing. It not only affects their international market, but it alsi affects them locally. Ignore the subtitles and there's no difference between it and a regular rip.

B) That just goes to show how the fansub community turned from just providing content unavailable otherwise to plain and simple piracy.

May 30, 2010 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
Leon-Gun said:

A) Japanese companies also are irked by fansubbing. It not only affects their international market, but it alsi affects them locally. Ignore the subtitles and there's no difference between it and a regular rip.

B) That just goes to show how the fansub community turned from just providing content unavailable otherwise to plain and simple piracy.

A) no shit ya think? but they aren't the ones that issue the C&Ds. Nor do the American companies issue them at the behest of the Japanese companies, American companies issue them because it's in their own self interest. You completely missed my point.

B) OH NOES PIRACY ON THE INTERWEBS! shit gets stolen, no business is impervious to it, But the Anime industry does nothing to prevent it, only cries about it and drags it's feet when ever possible.
May 30, 2010 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Question :

Do we really suffer from funi C&D ?

to be honest I'm never forced to stop watch fansubs because this C&D stuff.
name it Nabari no Ou, Shikabane Hime, Soul Eater, and many others and I'm still can watch fansubs back then.

conclusion : we have mininum loss or maybe nothing at all, and Funi have loss because some people mindless hate and people likes me who refuse to buy title which I don't want to collect and still watch it illegally.
May 30, 2010 12:55 PM
Feb 2010

Okay, first of all, the reason American companies issue the C&D's is because they shelled out an easy $500,000 to license a 26 episode show for distribution. Guess who they buy it from. And if they decide not to license new shows because they can't profit, guess who loses out on that $500k...

Secondly, I don't have an issue with you torrenting the shit out of your internet tubes, hell I can even relate to the reasons you guys give, but acting like it's a right is just ridiculous.

Anyway, none of this matters because they're not actually closing, they're just changing ownership to whatever more media-oriented company buys them. Heh, I just realize that, you know what, this thing probably screws you over instead of letting you roam free, since whoever buys them will probably already be an MPAA-backed powerhouse that goes after people just for stealing already-made content that doesn't depend on DVD sales. After all, a movie/TV show already makes its money back before they burn it for mass sale, so everything after that is pure profit, while an anime company starts out in the red with their enormous licensing fees and subbing/dubbing costs.
May 30, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
Ugh. What's with the high horse build up among newer self-proclaimed "fans"? Being able to obtain something illegally is not a right. If one must, fine. Then be humble and just admit it bluntly. No making a big deal.

*spoiler warning just in case*

It's not like we shouldn't have been expecting anime/manga would decline either. In a way, the problems both trace back to and are foreshadowed by Urusei Yatsura. The former in inspiring the industry's attempts to push the T&A envelope further*. The latter when you consider Ataru Moroboshi's behavior throughout the series and how its final manga chapter ends.

*The funny part is it hasn't worked, so many babes created for a massive array of series and together they can't make Lum forgotten.
May 30, 2010 4:37 PM

Aug 2009
Just out of curiosity, are we ever going to talk about what the news article is about?

In other words, not about FUNi dying. Cause it seems a lot of people think FUNi is dying for some reason.
May 30, 2010 4:38 PM
Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Just out of curiosity, are we ever going to talk about what the news article is about?

In other words, not about FUNi dying. Cause it seems a lot of people think FUNi is dying for some reason.
No, most dub haters in this thread are of the assumption that FUNi is dying.

They haven't actually read the article.
May 30, 2010 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
nmanguy said:

Okay, first of all, the reason American companies issue the C&D's is because they shelled out an easy $500,000 to license a 26 episode show for distribution. Guess who they buy it from. And if they decide not to license new shows because they can't profit, guess who loses out on that $500k...

Secondly, I don't have an issue with you torrenting the shit out of your internet tubes, hell I can even relate to the reasons you guys give, but acting like it's a right is just ridiculous.

Anyway, none of this matters because they're not actually closing, they're just changing ownership to whatever more media-oriented company buys them. Heh, I just realize that, you know what, this thing probably screws you over instead of letting you roam free, since whoever buys them will probably already be an MPAA-backed powerhouse that goes after people just for stealing already-made content that doesn't depend on DVD sales. After all, a movie/TV show already makes its money back before they burn it for mass sale, so everything after that is pure profit, while an anime company starts out in the red with their enormous licensing fees and subbing/dubbing costs.

Oh noez now the anime industry can only make 3 crappy anime a season instead of 5! your preaching to some one who doesn't really give a damn.

I never said I had a right, I just think it's funny how people like you try to interject morals into it when again, I just don't care, anime is one of the many things I pirate.

Oh the MPAA? yea cause they do such a super job against pirating. Even so I doubt it, they will probably be torn into pieces and thrown to the 4 winds like ADV.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Today, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Azuchi »»
Today, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.