Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 1, 2013 9:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yumacchi and Erika narrating, yay! Yumacchi is definitely crazy, I love how he almost stabs Kida. But what he said made sense, that Kida was only blaming the Blue Squares for everything that happened, when the Yellow Scarves were also part of the problem. I can't get enough of Yumacchi and Erika, they're so a great duo.

maarsaalis said:
NoyaChan said:
So let me get this straight:
-Anri knows Kida is the Yellow Scarves leader
-Kida knows Mikado is the Dollars leader
-Mikado knows nothing yet

and ironically Mikado is still the best from this bunch.

Totally agree. Kida says that the whole Yellow Scarves gang are his friends, but are they really? Does he really condone people who attack an unarmed, innocent, high school student? Although Mikado doesn't have full control over Dollars either, at least Kida actually sees them face to face and thus is more responsible for his gang than Mikado is responsible for his. =_= Kida is so lame. He should just ask Mikado about it. I mean come on, Mikado is so innocent and nice, would he really try to do anything horrible?

Anyways, I enjoyed the talk at sushi place, especially when the chef threw that knife XD
Jul 11, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
Poor guy, getting beaten up like that. I was worried they were going to kill him!
Jul 26, 2013 3:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Izaya is pure manipulative evil.

Mikado is completely clueless as usual. Even Anri is become more proactive than him.

I bet the Russian Sushi staff could take out both the Dollars and the Yellow Scarves. Don't mess with them russians.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 28, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
ah shit... things are getting really out of control now.
even after listening to the van gang, kida still chooses to go after the dollars and slasher, even though they're both his best friends.
he's also losing control over his gang. they're picking fights without his consent.
and it looks like he knows that mikado is the leader.
kida knows that mikado is the dollars. anri knows that kida is the yellow scarves. mikado doesnt know about either of their aliases, but tries for peace anyways.
so much confusion between them! it's awful. if it's revealed that anri is the slasher/took the slasher out, the mess could be somewhat cleaned up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2013 12:58 AM

Aug 2012
The episode was full of useless talk. Nothing happened and nothing new or interesting was said.
What a drag to watch...
Sep 15, 2013 6:03 AM

Dec 2010
Plot thickens , the episode was really great, but as alwayske always when it comes to this anime, I can't predict a thing that's going to happen next. Man, things are getting close to a conclusion!
Oct 4, 2013 8:43 PM

Nov 2012
gah... awesome episode.. kida getting really serious now.. I really wonder what if he know that mikado is the leader of dollar?

anyway yellow scarf is really dangerous now -_- God.. they are attacking dollars people like a shit -_- honestly really pissing me off -_-
Oct 22, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2010
did anyone notice the toradora reference around 15:15? there is a tiga statue.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Oct 23, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2011
u8sand said:
So the leader of the yellow scarves knows his best friend is the leader of the dollars, but the leader of the dollars doesn't even know much about the yellow scarves and lastly the one supposedly slashed by the slasher IS the slasher. With this triangle of secrets this anime has such great twists. I love it!

And the leader of the yellow scarves doesnt know it but the ones lashing out and ruining his game is the blue square... gg
Dec 13, 2013 12:16 AM

Sep 2013
The ex-Blue Squares members are the real problem.
Jan 5, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, everything is going down.

I wonder how it will go. Anri know Kida identity, Kida know Mikado identity and Mikado know neither identity. Maybe he'll find out that Anri is the Ripper? It would complete the circle :P

That attack at the end was gratuitous, I wonder if Kida can solve this problem.

I recognized the figurine of Taiga from Toradora! and Holo from Spice and Wolf xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 22, 2014 8:09 PM
Jan 2013
Kida is beginning to really annoy me. He should know by now that he can't trust Izaya.
Stupid Izaya. You're playing with people's lives.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 6, 2014 10:19 PM
Jul 2018

WHOOOOOOA. Claude on the screen!

Walker surprised me for what he did. :O
Mar 29, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
man thats unfortunate about [horada?]i think his name is, but anyway.

the dollars aren't really even trying to get up to any big scheme, at least the outskirt members anyway, its just one big confused mess
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 5, 2014 9:34 AM

May 2013
Kida should tell ryugamine that he knows and then theyl figure something out
May 18, 2014 5:08 AM

Oct 2013
_DoctorWho_ said:
Kida should tell ryugamine that he knows and then theyl figure something out

Agreed.

Jun 19, 2014 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man, tensions are rising again from the Dollars and the Yellow Scarves. So now Kida knows about Mikado being the leader of Dollars. This is getting intense.

Izaya is still a manipulative one that likes to make Kida suffer, but still can't hate the character XD.

Kind of slow, and to much talking, but I love the tension that is spiking up at the end. Also kind of lack Shizuo now, I haven't seen him for a while.

Jun 29, 2014 7:05 AM

Aug 2013
The yellow scarves are a gang of douches, and Kida has no idea whats actually going on.
My Candies:
Jul 3, 2014 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
BreathOfFire3 said:
did anyone notice the toradora reference around 15:15? there is a taiga statue.

There's a Taiga AND a Holo figure :3 I love all of the anime references!!

Also, damn, shit's getting real. Yellow Scarves VS The Dollars! And Izaya is playing with them as if they were pawns...

This show is so freaking good, I'm addicted to it. I wanna watch the next episode so bad but it's 3 AM lol
It's been a while since I've been hooked on an anime like this! I'm glad I started to watch this :)
Jul 15, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
Kida-kun doesn't really have control over his gang... That's really troublesome and the plot has really thickened. I wonder what will happen when Kida confronts Mikado...

On the side note, can someone PLEASE smack the hell out of Izaya! I really love his troll character but REALLY?! REALLY?! Gaaah, I can't keep up with him, I mean, what's in it for him? What is his purpose to cause all of this?
Aug 8, 2014 4:22 PM

Jul 2013
aaaand... izaya drops the bomb
izaya is da true mvp in this show
Sep 22, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
way to spill the beans, izaya. i wonder what kida will do?
Nov 2, 2014 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
i was counting the seconds for when will izaya tell kida about mikado being the leader of the dollars since the moment kida decided to call him
but only 4 episodes left :(
Jan 6, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
Re-watching this series before S2 starts this week. This arc is a little annoying since everything could be solved with communication between the main three characters. If Kida told Mikado he knew about the Dollars, and Anri told Kida she knows about the Yellow Scarves and then talked about being Saika...

But nothing is ever that simple.
Jan 25, 2015 10:02 AM

May 2013
Hmm, so Walker has eyes. Dat Erika without a hat tho.
Lol, nice knife throw, chef!

So Kida decides to call Izaya and Izaya just pissed him off.
But in the end, Izaya sold out Mikado's position as the leader of the Dollars.
Noo, Takiguchi! (T_T)

Anri knows that Kida is the leader of the Yellow Scarves.
Kida knows that Mikado is the leader of the Dollars.
To complete the triangle, Mikado should find out that Anri is the Slasher.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 30, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2011
Shit is hitting the fan.
I wonder if the main characters will realise something before a war breaks out.
Aggron said:
The ex-Blue Squares members are the real problem.

Seems like that indeed.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 9, 2015 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
Izaya... you trash! XD
Feb 26, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
tingy said:
Yumacchi and Erika narrating, yay! Yumacchi is definitely crazy, I love how he almost stabs Kida. But what he said made sense, that Kida was only blaming the Blue Squares for everything that happened, when the Yellow Scarves were also part of the problem. I can't get enough of Yumacchi and Erika, they're so a great duo.

+1
That duo is priceless! Erika <3

And damn, the ex-blue squares that are in the yellow scarves right now are creating havoc.
Kida, you gotta figure it out...
Jul 1, 2015 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
"A whole world made out of just Moe, tsundere and BL is the best discovery ever!" I highly doubt that.

4/5
Jul 18, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
64SuperNintendo said:
"A whole world made out of just Moe, tsundere and BL is the best discovery ever!" I highly doubt that.

4/5

The word she's looking for is Hell.
Oct 9, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2015
4/5
Jan 1, 2016 7:38 AM

Oct 2015
5/5 Nice episode.
Jan 11, 2016 4:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, Izaya's one asshole! Now Kida knows about Mikado being the leader of The Dollars.

5/5
Jan 20, 2016 10:58 PM

Jul 2014
chinoman said:
zombieiscool said:
Walker opens his eyes!! -.- ---> =.=

And FFXIII poster ftw!1

i couldn't find that poster. anyone have a screencap of it?

Know this is a little late, but if you pause at the 24:15 mark, the poster behind the characters is a waterpainted blur of some of the FFXIII posters, and I'm still psyched about it! One of my favorite FFs. (Sue me, haters)
Jan 23, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2013
Lol Walker reminds me of Ichimaru Gin from Bleach. I like his character a lot C: Love characters that are always easy going with their eyes closed and when you piss them off, they're like a thorn on a rose. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! <333333333333
Jul 19, 2016 3:38 AM

Mar 2015
The most boring episode of Drrr!! Nuffin' said!

1.75/5
Nov 15, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2015

I don't know what to say.... this episode kept me watching carefully and paying attention to the events.

Masaomi may have returned as the leader of the Yellow Scarves but, as he said it happens among the Dollars, there are inner groups within the Yellow Scarves that have.. other methods.

Only Celty and Izaya know all the bands, their leaders, and the relations between all of them...
Izaya... why you do this!?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nov 23, 2016 3:36 PM

Sep 2013
So Kida has been told that mikado is the leader of the Dollars...but does he believe it?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 13, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
LOL honestly, if Anri, Kida, and Mikado just had a nice 30 minute chat; everything would work out.
Jul 23, 2017 4:52 AM

Jun 2016
That scene with Simon and his boss. Hahaha. Simon, you adorable flufffball. As always, if you need something: go to Izaya, but always expect that there'll always be consequences. And the fact that he reveal that Mikado is the Dollars' leader is so anticlimactic. Love it. I love how he's playing with everyone. Ugh. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 26, 2018 9:13 PM

Feb 2009
Can we talk about Izaya like seriously. This whole series he is all up in that drama xD
Mar 2, 2018 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
TAIGA! <3
Simon is also a fantastic guy, can't help but get a smile everytime he pops up ^^

Seems it's about to get nuts, Masaomi knowing Mikado is the leader will surely spice everything up.
Nov 9, 2018 11:20 AM
Mar 2018
After everything that Masasomi had go through in his 1 year past, all the pain he had to bear and the guilt which he; first tried to run away from and later was forced to accept. He came back again to Izaya Orihara, only to know that the boss of his so called rival gang Dollars in his none other than his buddy Mikado Ryuugamine. Well he is surely shocked, but how he will react to the situation is not known. Because, at once Izaya may fool you, but he will never lie. Whatever information he gives, or the facts he presents are the absolute truth.
Dec 28, 2018 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
the taiga and holo figurines fighting xD. wonder what kida is gonna do now that he knows mikado is the leader
Sep 8, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2016
Walker really didn't want his rather colorful past brought up by Kida for a reason like that and Erika giving all that serious talk about how they have discarded that part of their life by treating it like it never happened was pretty intimidating. It's good that Simon's boss literally cut the tension with a knife in there.

He would've treated the revelation of Mikado being the Dollars' leader if he received it from everyone else other than Izaya but now he's torn apart between believing what's true. Kida's control of the Yellow Scarves is rapidly getting looser as each day passes and I'm curious on how he's like when he's completely pissed off like in his Shogun days.

I have that exact Taiga figure ♥

Apr 23, 2020 11:26 PM

Feb 2018
Yellow scarf vs dollars?
May 15, 2020 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, Izaya's credibility reached a point where I no longer can take this seriously. Kida knows that Izaya lies 24/7 because he screwed him over in the past already. And he still believes every words he says again... Can we just put the focus completely on the van gang and maybe Celty, because the rest of the cast is just retarded.
Oct 3, 2021 7:47 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder how they are going to fool Izaya this time despite the fact he's destroying everyone.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 18, 2021 3:04 AM

May 2020
Kida now knows the truth about Mikado, Anri knows about Kida. Poor Mikado's the only one in the dark now.
Aug 14, 2022 1:58 PM

May 2018
Damn that's a lot of figurines, I'm jealous lol
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.