Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How was it? :)
May 30, 2010 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
Was it just me or was Mizutani getting a "tickle addiction?"
Jun 2, 2010 4:59 AM

May 2010
Hanai's shock face was just awesome
Jun 3, 2010 7:35 AM
Jun 3, 2010 1:04 PM

Jan 2010
Apila said:
Hanai's shock face was just awesome

I agree with this.

Why do Oofuri episodes have to end at the best part!? ;___;
Jun 3, 2010 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
This is one of the few shows that you don't want any little detail slip away from you. Because those little details will make a comeback sooner or later in the future.

As for the episode, I love how they keep the situation of the game remain fairly the same but never give Nishiura the lose-lose situation yet. And Abe was really shine himself to be able to win off 2 innings with the strategy Fire-with-Fire. Oh yeah, finally the exciting calling game is coming "Middle-finger-calling"

My fav character so far in this show must be Momokan. Man when she is thinking about some surprise from her team players while folding her hands and shaking her bo.....dy, that is just awesome no other can do that.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 3, 2010 1:25 PM
Dec 2008
Check out Mihashi's face when he bunts.
Jun 3, 2010 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
I love the tickling thing to relax someone. I find that so amusing.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 3, 2010 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
I loved the discussion about what to do with people that weren't ticklish XD

also liking that guy standing watch on the corrupt coach ; )
Jun 3, 2010 8:36 PM

May 2009
Hanai and Mihashi's high-five was as weird as they come. Well, one good tickle deserves another.

That last at bat against the opponent's cleanup (I think) hitter was really interesting. He was totally confused. Was it really just the added (fake) shake-off signs? So much fun.
Jun 3, 2010 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
I knew something fishy was going on with that stinker in the stands. Damn him for giving signs to the pitcher illegally. Mizutani's reactions this episode made ME feel ticklish just watching him XD. Love the teams interactions. Izumi even voiced my thought about Abe thinking of Mihashi as an idiot. God I love this show.

Unrelated note, but I had some suspicions about the OP and went and looked at the manga covers. I only realised now that they incorporated almost all the covers into the OP. Bloody fantastic.
KantarouJun 3, 2010 11:56 PM
Jun 4, 2010 5:02 AM
Mar 2009
I love this show so much.
Izumi: "He should trust Mihahshi a little more. It's irritating that he thinks Mihashi is a total idiot. Well, he is an idiot"
Devil in the details
Jun 4, 2010 9:28 AM
Nov 2008
Lol... "nice batting" Mizutani really stood out, all thanks to the tickling. If that could really work, no one will ever have to train that hard any more XD

One thing that I have noticed though, is that Hanai hasn't found a way to communicate normally with Mihashi, and that's really awkward for him yet interesting for us to watch. Also, I particularly liked the scene where Abe showed some weakness in front of Mihashi after his pitch-calling caused a run battled in. This shows that he's does have his insecurities sometimes and he's not always over-confident as I thought he would be.

Hmmm... My guess is that Roka recommended Kurata to be the starting catcher was because Kurata is willing to play dirty (unlike Miyata, who was described as "too good a person" by Kurata previously). And from the looks of it, it's pretty obvious that Kurata is waiting for Roka to give him orders from the stands. Whatever the case, I really have a bad feeling about what Kurata's going to do in the next few innings, in particular, will something happen to Abe (as foreboded in Episode 6)... :S
Jun 4, 2010 11:37 AM

Jul 2009
So, we have a 5-2 match. At the end, they started using the middle-finger strategy, which helped to get the fourth batter, who previously hit a homerun, out. The interactions between the Nishiura members always are fun to watch, I kinda feel awkward for Hanai, though. Roka overreacted to the other guys comment about Kurata always looking at the stands, so we can safely assume that they're cheating. I somehow have a bad feeling - either someone will get an injury, or Nishiura will lose.
Jun 4, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
Really, really good episode. So much happened between the teams trying to fend each other off, while the teams were also dealing with internal issues. Again...this is the way sports anime should be. Nothing over-the-top with the way the sport is presented, but taking licenses with characters. There's so much going on to process, but it's not totally overwhelming because of the comedy. Genius execution.
Jun 5, 2010 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
This match is living up to the expectations that I had for it, moar of diz pleaz.
Jun 6, 2010 3:11 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
this is the way sports anime should be. [...] Genius execution.

Summed it up pretty well.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 7, 2010 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
This episode seemed very well thought through, and there's a subtle tension that keeps building, both between the two teams and within each of them.

It was interesting to see which characters are under more pressure than usual; Abe has to put in so much more effort to keep his cool, and Hanai was really awkward in his interactions with Mihashi.

Ahh, I love this series way too much.
Jan 19, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
Really, really good episode. So much happened between the teams trying to fend each other off, while the teams were also dealing with internal issues. Again...this is the way sports anime should be. Nothing over-the-top with the way the sport is presented, but taking licenses with characters. There's so much going on to process, but it's not totally overwhelming because of the comedy. Genius execution.

QFT!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
Jacut said:
noteDhero said:
this is the way sports anime should be. [...] Genius execution.

Summed it up pretty well.

Agreed.

Mar 30, 2016 8:31 PM

Feb 2015
Mihashi is too cute. Such a good show.
skyisover said:
I love this show so much.
Izumi: "He should trust Mihahshi a little more. It's irritating that he thinks Mihashi is a total idiot. Well, he is an idiot"
Izumi is such a blessing.
Mar 11, 2019 6:03 AM

Feb 2013
Abe is starting to add more variety in his leading, finally!
They should praise Mihashi more, he was the one who noticed their strategy.
Nov 25, 2019 4:36 PM

Sep 2018
Why???? It's already 5 runs!! Wahhh!!
Aug 7, 2021 1:05 AM

Dec 2020
it was 20 days ago since i watched ep 8 oops but because of that im smiling so much while watching this ep that my cheeks hurt, so happy to watch this again.

"its annoying how much abe thinks of mihashi of an idiot" PREACH IT IZUMIII ABE YOU'RE GREAT BUT MIHASHI'S NOT A TODLER ASSHAT "even though he Is an idiot" thats ..also true.

mizutani moments this ep GOD I LOVE HIM he was so excited and all that keep it up my man even though it was because he was ticklish

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

16 by Flameskrrfox »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:28 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 3 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 17, 2010

26 by yutaka_shin »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 17, 2010

85 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.