Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 26, 2010 11:57 AM

Neiru2012 said:
Well I'm a girl who currently lives in the USA and my ideal height for males is 5 feet and 5 to 9 inches. I don't know if you consider that short. Tallness is a big turn-off for me. I can barely see anyone over 6 feet as human.

Damn. I always thought I looked like a human...

May 26, 2010 11:58 AM
Fahlaine said:
The question is.. Are there any guys who like tall girls!?

I really like them but they have no interest in short ones like me.

Maybe in some afterlife when I reincarnate (XD) as a man who will grow tall...

May 26, 2010 12:15 PM

Fahlaine said:
The question is.. Are there any guys who like tall girls!?

Sure. I know some guys would be uncomfortable if a girl was taller than them, but for me it wouldn't matter, and I used to know a guy who dated a girl taller than him.

May 26, 2010 12:24 PM

I don't know. I'm not particularly myself, but I'll admit I would feel better with someone taller than myself. I actually don't like too tall guys - about 10-20cm taller than me is more than fine.

I do think, however, that it looks funny with a couple where the woman is much taller than the guy :b
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!

May 26, 2010 12:40 PM
It's really unfair, my biological father is 181 cm - 5' 11" 1/4....
Modified by uncivilized_one, May 26, 2010 1:42 PM

May 26, 2010 2:36 PM

mrjag said:
It's really unfair, my biological father is 181 cm - 5' 11" 1/4....

My mother's side is full of kind, generous and highly intelligent people. They're all around 5'5.
My dad's side is full of selfish, careless people. They're all around 6'0.
I'm pretty damn proud of my genes. I remember praying I would grow up short just so I could proudly say I didn't inherit anything from my dad's side of the family. :P

May 26, 2010 2:38 PM

I like short girls.

May 26, 2010 3:33 PM

I used to be all disgusted by it. But then I watched Lovely Complex.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

May 27, 2010 12:11 AM

MAL ate my post. :/

I prefer short guys. Have a dislike of being towered over.

May 27, 2010 12:16 AM
I don't really care about height. I'm picky about other stuff, like personality and intelligence. >_>

I'm 5' 10'' btw, so shorter guy or same height as me, is a reality to me.

May 27, 2010 12:33 AM
The majority of girls like tall guys, but yeah I'm only 5'8 but, I'm not rejected, and have never been.. I think it depends who it is, and who you're around to get rejected.

My opinion though.

May 27, 2010 8:15 AM
kasumisama said:

I prefer short guys. Have a dislike of being towered over.

Meri said:
I don't really care about height. I'm picky about other stuff, like personality and intelligence. >_>
I'm 5' 10'' btw, so shorter guy or same height as me, is a reality to me.

Those are the rare ones!

Thank you everyone for the replies on this topic.

Modified by uncivilized_one, May 27, 2010 8:20 AM

May 27, 2010 9:23 AM

Those heals of hers are nuts!

May 27, 2010 9:28 AM
I'm short myself so i don't mind.
If a guy was much smaller than me I think he'd be classed as a "dwarf".

May 27, 2010 11:21 AM
I don't care how short or tall the guy is, besides, I'm pretty short for my age myself.

May 27, 2010 11:53 AM

There's this adorable Japanese guy who lives in my villiage somewhere. I always see him around, he looks to be is his late teens but he can't be any taller than 5"4. And he has really poofy hair. ^.^ I want to cuddle him every time I see him.

This being said, I much perfer taller guys. I've only ever dated one guy who was shorter than me, and he was an exception 'cause he had one of the best personalities in the world. Only he was too posessive and turned into a bit of a stalker. X'D Deary meee...
curiouser and curiouser :)

May 27, 2010 12:44 PM

I'm a short girl myself and I like shorter guys. P:

In fact, my current crush is like 5'3" or something. He's not that much taller than me which is surprising (I'm 4'11" at 15 years old).

May 27, 2010 2:57 PM

I definitely prefer guys who are taller than me but it's not that hard considering I'm only about 5'2. Not that I go around asking them, but the girls who have had this discussion with me say they prefer guys to be even just slightly taller than them (or tall enough to match the girl's height even when the girl is wearing heels!)

So, yeah, I guess shorter-than-average guys have it a bit tougher ^^;;

May 27, 2010 4:50 PM

depends on the girls size... if the dude is < 5'3 then i think it does has some impact on the outcome...

Xiaoling Squirrel; baddest rodent in the forest.

May 28, 2010 7:31 AM

ukonkivi said:
As for the shallow thing, why does having any physical preferences have to be shallow? That's like saying "you like penis better than vagina? omg you're so shallow you jerk." I understand a meet y'all halfway in what you're saying, but some of it seems like the ridiculousness of when someone starting calling me a objectifying, shallow hypocrite for liking flat chests and hating fat women for not liking a hip size that is particularly wider than the stomach size.

But how alienating to my heterosexual side when I, like these women who prefer a man taller than them, prefer a woman taller than me. I don't WANT to date a woman . And it's like people are saying that in most case, I have to if I want to date a woman? All of these stereotypes and statistic I often hear, often from heterosexual and often even heteronormative and conservative gender essentialist, are not making heterosexuality sound very appealing.

And people frequently spend their time bashing on lolicon and in aesthetic as well, when society is practically enforcing the lolicon aesthetic in some ways. People are always complaining that people are sexualizing "characters that look like little kids" but look at how much society seems to something that's different?

These anti-lolicon types who say they want women to "look like women" and "look like adults" clearly don't, they think that men should in fact, be with short little girls. Or do you? I'd like to hear your opinions on this subject, come out come out wherever you are normalfags!

And seriously, instead of a tall girl date me because she "doesn't want to be shallow and not care about height", I'd rather her considered me being shorter than her attractive. One of the personality traits I would want in a woman, is finding all sorts of things about my body, attractive. Not "oh well I like you for your personality anyway". A woman who finds short sexy has many more sexy points in my opinion.

I swear, every day of my life gives me even more reason to be an androgyny-fascist.
And I'm not gonna settle for anything as ridiculous as these problematic anti-aesthetic, anti-sexuality objectification arguments out there that not anybody in their right mind is going to listen to, or are going to result to wordings and positions backing the fortifications of certain people labeling people who "like flat chest women/tall women/short men/aesthetic ect." as "failed to get someone busty/short/tall".

I agree with you for the most part.

Everyone has preferences. But telling a girl the equivalent of "I'd date you, but I find your flat chest/blonde hair/wide hips disgusting" is kind of harsh.

I went off on a limb and assumed the OP was rejected *only* because of his height, which I do find a little stupid. I just feel like it's something that has to do with society's perceptions too, you know? Like you said, the "norm" seems to be, or is even dictated to be, by most, that women are short and men are tall and they can tower over them when they carry their princess into the sunset. Sometimes I feel like this preference only exists because people are afraid of the way it'll make them look to others...wouldn't it be worth it to get past it for the sake of a good relationship?

People always have preferences, like I said, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. People can't expect to win some kind of partnership lottery and find someone who is not only emotionally compatible with them but also satisfies a long list of physical requirements. Sometimes it happens, other times it's unrealistic. I just think that if people stepped out of their comfort zone, outside of their preferences, they would be pleasantly surprised by the result.

And I'm not saying to all of a sudden abandon everything you find attractive. But think about it. Weigh your options. If a girl or boy is adorable and has a great personality, beautiful eyes and hair just the way you like it but they are just a little too tall/short/fat/busty/flat/black/white/asian for your preferences, maybe good things will happen when you pursue them in spite of that one thing.

I am the senpai that notices you.

May 28, 2010 8:06 AM

At a reasonable 6'0 most women are open to me. But I have seen some ridiculous things such as a woman who was 6'3 who appeared to be going out with someone noticeably shorter than me. Just goes to tell you anything can happen with confidance and skill.

May 28, 2010 8:08 AM

I'm only 1, 64 so almost all the guys my age or older are taller than me. But I dislike reaaally tall guys, they kinda... freak me out, also, it makes me feel inferior looking up when talking with them and I hate that.

May 28, 2010 8:17 AM

I am 1,80 m/5'11" and the guy I'm (almost/maybe, maybe not - not sure yet) dating is 1,65 m/5'5". Lol. It's the first time I've been attracted to a short guy, but I really don't care. Though I'm not sure if he can handle it...

May 28, 2010 9:54 AM

I went out with a guy that was 6'1", and I really really liked him, but I still kept audibly telling him he was too tall. Sure it was more of a teasing joke, but it really did bother me and I wished he was shorter. It wouldn't get in the way of a relationship because he had many other personal qualities I liked, but yeah, too tall. Tall enough to stare down my shirt. >_> Much prefer eye level. I'm 5'5" by the way.

May 28, 2010 10:12 AM

I'm a girl, and I basically just wouldn't go shorter than I am, it has nothing to do with the clique-ness of it, or anything like that.
I just purely like to be cradled over with arms, allowing my head to rest on a firm chest. I see my self as reasonably small, I'm 5'3 but I'm still growing.
Anyway, back to the point. Guys who are 5'3 or above will do fine.
How can a girl want a nice warm comforting hug where the guys head is in her breasts?

It's weird, I can't bare to start watching lovely complex.
You're still the one that I love, the only one I dream of~

May 28, 2010 10:49 AM

A guy's height does matter to some girls. Its one of those traits we carry over from our more animalistic day when finding the biggest strongest male was important for survival. Though I don't know why its so important to some girls now.

May 28, 2010 11:07 AM
ashuriskiss said:
Its one of those traits we carry over from our more animalistic day when finding the biggest strongest male was important for survival. Though I don't know why its so important to some girls now.

We're still pretty "animalistic".

May 28, 2010 11:10 AM

ashuriskiss said:
A guy's height does matter to some girls. Its one of those traits we carry over from our more animalistic day when finding the biggest strongest male was important for survival. Though I don't know why its so important to some girls now.

Because it's comfortable to be in arms where you feel safe.
You're still the one that I love, the only one I dream of~

May 28, 2010 11:50 AM

I think it's just as likely a throwback to the thousands of years of male cultural dominance still with us today. I swear I wouldn't mind a Matriarchal society for a least a few centuries worth of years just for a change of pace. Surely things would even out eventually.

Where's our female arms to stay in?:'(
Nika-senpai said:
And I'm not saying to all of a sudden abandon everything you find attractive. But think about it. Weigh your options. If a girl or boy is adorable and has a great personality, beautiful eyes and hair just the way you like it but they are just a little too tall/short/fat/busty/flat/black/white/asian for your preferences, maybe good things will happen when you pursue them in spite of that one thing.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely with the "give people a chance" crowd.

My ex-girlfriends all had very few of the features I say I like in a woman, aside from personality(and sometimes even that, I learned, which is why we ended up breaking apart), and one of them I even kinda miss now. We spent a lot of time in high school together, and broke it off because we were going to be separated by graduation circumstances. I kind of miss that we couldn't spend more time together than we did. And rather kind of wish she was here. Though admittedly a part of me still doesn't see myself with her in the long term. It's weird, with me.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

May 28, 2010 3:51 PM

I am 5 feet 4 inches, and I don't date guys that are shorter than me.
I feel very superficial, but I can't change it.

May 28, 2010 3:54 PM

im 4ft 9 so id have to look pretty hard to find someone shorter than me, + i dont date guys anyways

May 28, 2010 4:16 PM
I'm watching Lovely Complex now.

The manga synopsis on MAL: "Can love win, no matter what the height?"

My answer: Only with the minority of women (who don't care about height).

May 28, 2010 4:17 PM
lol

May 28, 2010 4:39 PM

What a stupid question. The human population of the world is over 6 billion. Is there anything else to discuss about?
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

May 28, 2010 4:46 PM
spupapi said:
What a stupid question. The human population of the world is over 6 billion. Is there anything else to discuss about?

If it was stupid, why did you bother to reply?

May 28, 2010 4:48 PM

It is a pretty dumb question though. Obviously out of the gigantic population out there in the world at least a handful of women out there are going to like short guys or at least excuse the factor.

May 28, 2010 4:49 PM

spupapi said:
Is there anything else to discuss about?

Maybe on another thread there is...

May 28, 2010 4:51 PM
ArtRodriguez said:
It is a pretty dumb question though. Obviously out of the gigantic population out there in the world at least a handful of women out there are going to like short guys or at least excuse the factor.

I wanted to know from the female members...

May 28, 2010 4:55 PM

mrjag said:
spupapi said:

If it was stupid, why did you bother to reply?

Every human on this earth has their own prefferences, I believe you do understand to that extend, or do you not believe me? Do I have to explain what I meant? As I can see, my opinion has been answered already.

ArtRodriguez said:
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

May 28, 2010 8:42 PM

so long as the guy has a massive dick then im happy

May 28, 2010 11:55 PM

Meh, I don't care either way, it just seems most of the guys I'd want to date are about my height or shorter. Just happened I guess. I'm not particularly tall, 5' 7", it just seems the best nerds are shorter?

May 29, 2010 9:43 AM

ukonkivi said:
I think it's just as likely a throwback to the thousands of years of male cultural dominance still with us today. I swear I wouldn't mind a Matriarchal society for a least a few centuries worth of years just for a change of pace. Surely things would even out eventually.

Where's our female arms to stay in?:'(
Nika-senpai said:

Oh yeah, I'm definitely with the "give people a chance" crowd.

My ex-girlfriends all had very few of the features I say I like in a woman, aside from personality(and sometimes even that, I learned, which is why we ended up breaking apart), and one of them I even kinda miss now. We spent a lot of time in high school together, and broke it off because we were going to be separated by graduation circumstances. I kind of miss that we couldn't spend more time together than we did. And rather kind of wish she was here. Though admittedly a part of me still doesn't see myself with her in the long term. It's weird, with me.

Agreed! And it's the people who aren't willing to give others a chance that I can wholeheartedly label as shallow. Anything else, I think, is reasonable.

I am the senpai that notices you.

May 29, 2010 6:18 PM

ukonkivi said:
As for the shallow thing, why does having any physical preferences have to be shallow? That's like saying "you like penis better than vagina? omg you're so shallow you jerk."
Huhm, pretty sure this partially is directed to me. So why not.

Hey, it was a sentence, so there was a lot of room for interpretation. Tho I think it's rather extreme to use penis and vagina to describe physical preference comparisons. You might as well go for animal boy/girlfriends, too, hell, they're all under physical preferences. While I guess that's okay, that's seems to be extrapolating far more of simply what the sentence meant under the context. Tho I pretty much forgot the mood when I made the post anyways.

But yea, like, I think, someone has said, it seems shallow when they take their preference a tad too far. Like rejecting him and using height as a part of the reason. I mean, first impression is vital and all, but just the height shouldn't impact the whole deal. And I can't imagine girls even being embarrassed just because their boyfriend was short and not call them shallow.

Anyways, that one sentence had a lot of room for interpretation, and it made me think on what I said. Which, I realized, was actually a mistake on my part. Since I only initially meant to post the shallowness of the question, since there's an arbitrary value in it which is the main context of the question. Meeeeeeh.

May 29, 2010 6:25 PM
I am very into Asian woman, but I noticed they don't date many tall guys. I am 6'5" so I guess I am kinda tall. It was disappointing to come to this conclusion, but my next goal in life is to find a cute Japanese girl that is on par with my height XD

Wish me luck!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

May 29, 2010 6:48 PM

I'm more into smaller girls. Ehh... A smallish frame, to me, is just more attractive.

May 29, 2010 8:56 PM

I like short guys and tall girls :)

It all comes down to personal preference OP. Not all women are attracted to the same type of guy. Also, the whole notion that men shouldn't date women who are taller than them and vice versa just bothers me.

May 29, 2010 11:40 PM

At 1.46 m (around 4`9?) I think it'd be pretty hard to find a shorter guy than me XD

May 30, 2010 6:26 AM

Er ... as long as they're not shorter than me? xD
Lol [I'm 5'5].

I dunno' I'm just attracted to tall guys ><
Sorry ~~~
Heaven is where the police are British,
the chefs Italian,
the mechanics German,
the lovers French and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German,
the chefs British,
the mechanics French,
the lovers Swiss and it is all organised by the Italians.

May 30, 2010 6:46 AM

Hmm i'm 1.80-1.79 m and most girls i know are the same height as me:p or bigger but i never had any problems.But damn those giants :p

Warning. Dont get offended by the next text. It's just something i think.

To topic starter, all the girls have different preferences. Just like boys. For instance i just love good looking redheads nothing beats a good looking redhaired girl(yeah i know good looking please dont start flamin.. We all know most people prefer good looking people). With girls it's the same some like a dark skinned man other girls like tall man and others like short girls.

I think some of the girls that like tall man just like the safe feeling. We all know tall people look stronger and tougher. Maybe search for girl that dont get this feeling, like Girls that can handle them selfs(I KNOW! GIRLS THAT DATE LARGE GUYS CAN ALSO HANDLE THEMSELFS DONT START FLAMIN..) BUt this is just a theory and i'm not a psychiatrist so dont blame me if shit goes wrong:p.

Caution. SOme girls that are overconvident in them selfs can be aggresive:p

May 30, 2010 6:51 AM

I'm 2m tall so I tower over all girls around my age. But I wouldn't go for girls that are around my height. Maybe 180ish at max

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »