Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 25, 2010 3:05 PM
Have you ever heard of a girl who like short guys or didn't have anything against dating a short guy? Just by curiosity, I want to know about this from people from other countries.

[edit] - I'm 1.67 m - 5' 6"
Modified by uncivilized_one, Jan 18, 2011 3:33 PM

May 25, 2010 3:06 PM
Were you recently rejected by a tall girl?

May 25, 2010 3:06 PM

No. No girls like short guys. It's an evolution thing.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.

May 25, 2010 3:07 PM
I was rejected by a short girl who likes tall men. And the extreme majority of women like tall men. Maybe not the majority, but as a whole.

May 25, 2010 3:09 PM

If you look good and have a good body I don't think you'll be rejected if the girl isn't that much bigger than you

May 25, 2010 3:15 PM
I think most women like taller men, but there ARE some that don't care about height. I've seen many couples where the girl is a couple inches taller even without wearing heels. If she likes you, she won't care.

May 25, 2010 3:21 PM

There are lots of people who aren't too worried about it. I know a couple of short guys who have good relationships with nice girls that are easy on the eyes.

May 25, 2010 3:25 PM

Well I'm a girl who currently lives in the USA and my ideal height for males is 5 feet and 5 to 9 inches. I don't know if you consider that short. Tallness is a big turn-off for me. I can barely see anyone over 6 feet as human.

May 25, 2010 3:30 PM

The guy wants to ask if girls want guys shorter than they are, not just short guys. Since short is way too arbitrary a word for room of interpretation. But if that indeed is what he was asking, then I can't say but such a shallow question it is.

That said, there's apparently this social image of having a guy shorter than the girl often result to laughter and other forms of mocking. It's ridiculous, but the cliche had always been the girl tiptoes to kiss the guy, and not the other way around.

May 25, 2010 3:30 PM

Neiru2012 said:
Well I'm a girl who currently lives in the USA and my ideal height for males is 5 feet and 5 to 9 inches. I don't know if you consider that short. Tallness is a big turn-off for me. I can barely see anyone over 6 feet as human.
You've actually narrowed down your ideal height? Weird...

I, as a guy, don't really worry about height. Unless a girl is reallly short or reallly tall, I don't care.

May 25, 2010 3:35 PM
Mystere said:
I've seen many couples where the girl is a couple inches taller even without wearing heels.

The only one I've ever seen like that is actor Tom Cruise. He is 5' 7" (1.70 m) and his wife is 5' 9" (1.75 m).

Neiru2012 said:

Interesting :P
Modified by uncivilized_one, May 28, 2010 4:03 PM

May 25, 2010 3:35 PM

Tachii said:
The guy wants to ask if girls want guys shorter than they are, not just short guys. Since short is way too arbitrary a word for room of interpretation. But if that indeed is what he was asking, then I can't say but such a shallow question it is.

That said, there's apparently this social image of having a guy shorter than the girl often result to laughter and other forms of mocking. It's ridiculous, but the cliche had always been the girl tiptoes to kiss the guy, and not the other way around.

shallow eh? just ask girls from a local highschool, they will answer that with yes, taller is better. Society is built around guys supposed to be taller then the women. It would seem unfair but thats how it is.

May 25, 2010 3:37 PM
Systems said:

shallow eh? just ask girls from a local highschool, they will answer that with yes, taller is better. Society is built around guys supposed to be taller then the women. It would seem unfair but thats how it is.

Yes, this is quite serious, the man HAS to be tall. Society is, in some way, HEIGHTIST.

May 25, 2010 3:41 PM

So, I guess... Girls need tits; guys need height?

May 25, 2010 3:42 PM

It's shallow in that your question has an arbitrary word (which is 'short) that allow too much room for interpretation, especially when the word is describing the issue at hand.

May 25, 2010 4:27 PM

It works out okay in Lovely Complex...
HSROSE. HOSRE. HORSE HORSE HORSE HORSE.

May 25, 2010 4:31 PM

I'm sure the ugly yaoifan girls love short guys, because they love the ladyboys.

legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus

May 25, 2010 4:42 PM

My highschool buddy was a 5'4'' fire-plug with the body of a steel wall and the confidence of a battleship. M-F'er stoled 2 girl friends from me.

Not the size, it's how you carry it.

May 25, 2010 5:12 PM

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

May 25, 2010 5:30 PM

datsunvic said:
My highschool buddy was a 5'4'' fire-plug with the body of a steel wall and the confidence of a battleship. M-F'er stoled 2 girl friends from me.

Not the size, it's how you carry it.
Exactly. While most girls prefer taller guys, personality also plays a big part.

I'd date someone shorter if he was rich...

May 25, 2010 5:47 PM
I don't mind short people.

May 25, 2010 5:59 PM

i think there would be because everyone's personality and tastes differ from each other
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

May 25, 2010 6:01 PM

Mistyunion said:

you mam are shallow :P

May 25, 2010 6:01 PM

Short guys are fine, as long as they're a bit taller than me. Haha. I'm petite so yeah, it's pretty fine...

May 25, 2010 6:16 PM

Well, not too short, not shorter than me lol

May 25, 2010 6:18 PM

I'm short for a guy but taller than most girls and I've always been pretty successful when it comes to relationships.
My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over a year. She's kind of tall for a girl, but still shorter than me. She's incredibly attractive, sweet, loyal and intelligent, so I must be doing something right.
Modified by Pompeii, May 25, 2010 6:37 PM

May 25, 2010 6:30 PM

Gilliene said:
Short guys are fine, as long as they're a bit taller than me. Haha. I'm petite so yeah, it's pretty fine...

Chieki said:

Mistyunion said:

if this wasnt enough evidence. and yes short isnt the exact right wording for this. Girls just dont like guys shorter then them most of the time.

May 25, 2010 6:34 PM

Short guys in well-tailored suits are awesome
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I

May 25, 2010 6:39 PM

New question: How tall do gay guys prefer their men?

May 25, 2010 7:28 PM

How short is short? In any case, I would prefer someone short over someone really tall. Tall people turn me off for some reason. Plus with me being short, it would look retarded to be walking around with someone almost a foot taller than me. A friend even laughed at me and another friend, imagining us as a couple because of how it would look.

May 25, 2010 7:42 PM

CDRW said:
No. No girls like short guys. It's an evolution thing.

STOP DERPING MY GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

May 25, 2010 8:03 PM

I personally don't care about hight, I'm currently dating a guy who is an inch- inch and a half shorter then me.

May 25, 2010 8:07 PM

If being short is the only reason this girl rejected you, then she's pretty shallow, and you'll be better off with someone else, who can appreciate you in spite of, or hopefully even because of your appearance.

The general assumption seems to be that girls prefer tall guys. My hubby is pretty tall, actually, but even if he wasn't I'd love him just as much.

And actually, he has a friend that's like...5'4" or even less or something. I'm 5'6", and this dude is a self-proclaimed midget compared to me. Well, he is in a happy relationship with a girl of pretty similar height. So don't lose hope.

And one more example, I had two friends who were dating for a while, and the guy was an inch or two shorter. This guy once told me he'd be a virgin forever. Well, let's just say that changed at some point...

I am the senpai that notices you.

May 25, 2010 8:12 PM

Nika-senpai said:
The general assumption seems to be that girls prefer tall guys. My hubby is pretty tall, actually, but even if he wasn't I'd love him just as much.
The general assumption seems to be that girls prefer guys who are taller than they are. I like to have optimism that the young today are not that shallow.

May 25, 2010 9:08 PM

Chieki said:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Gilliene said:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Mistyunion said:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

datsunvic said:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

As for the shallow thing, why does having any physical preferences have to be shallow? That's like saying "you like penis better than vagina? omg you're so shallow you jerk." I understand a meet y'all halfway in what you're saying, but some of it seems like the ridiculousness of when someone starting calling me a objectifying, shallow hypocrite for liking flat chests and hating fat women for not liking a hip size that is particularly wider than the stomach size.

But how alienating to my heterosexual side when I, like these women who prefer a man taller than them, prefer a woman taller than me. I don't WANT to date a woman . And it's like people are saying that in most case, I have to if I want to date a woman? All of these stereotypes and statistic I often hear, often from heterosexual and often even heteronormative and conservative gender essentialist, are not making heterosexuality sound very appealing.

And people frequently spend their time bashing on lolicon and in aesthetic as well, when society is practically enforcing the lolicon aesthetic in some ways. People are always complaining that people are sexualizing "characters that look like little kids" but look at how much society seems to something that's different?

These anti-lolicon types who say they want women to "look like women" and "look like adults" clearly don't, they think that men should in fact, be with short little girls. Or do you? I'd like to hear your opinions on this subject, come out come out wherever you are normalfags!

And seriously, instead of a tall girl date me because she "doesn't want to be shallow and not care about height", I'd rather her considered me being shorter than her attractive. One of the personality traits I would want in a woman, is finding all sorts of things about my body, attractive. Not "oh well I like you for your personality anyway". A woman who finds short sexy has many more sexy points in my opinion.

I swear, every day of my life gives me even more reason to be an androgyny-fascist.
And I'm not gonna settle for anything as ridiculous as these problematic anti-aesthetic, anti-sexuality objectification arguments out there that not anybody in their right mind is going to listen to, or are going to result to wordings and positions backing the fortifications of certain people labeling people who "like flat chest women/tall women/short men/aesthetic ect." as "failed to get someone busty/short/tall".

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

May 25, 2010 10:10 PM

Well, as far as I know, no. They usually go for tall guys, or at least those taller than themselves.

May 25, 2010 10:18 PM
No I haven't met a women who likes short guys nowadays but second generation people did for some reason. (btw I'm in the 3rd, gen Y)

May 25, 2010 10:36 PM
歌は愛♡歌は希望

I don't think there are many men shorter than me (I'm 161 cm, almost 5'3'' but not quite). And if they are shorter then it's probably only by a an inch or two which isn't a big deal.

Obviously you can say you don't like short men or whatever but if you really like someone all your preferences and ideals go out the window.

BEGINNER

May 26, 2010 7:05 AM

zharnotczar said:
New question: How tall do gay guys prefer their men?

rTz said:
Short guys in well-tailored suits are awesome

also:

Tall, muscular slav with a tight shirt, or Steele of Type O Negative

Thin, shaved (or thick stubble only) mexican with a poofy white button down tucked into well-fitted dark pants

Hipser Indian (as in from India)

Middle eastern guy dressed similarly to aforementioned mexican, but heavier on the beard stubble

Hugh Laurie
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I

May 26, 2010 7:21 AM
Mistyunion said:

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
- Brendon Francis

Paying a prostitute is cheaper these days...
Modified by uncivilized_one, May 26, 2010 12:54 PM

May 26, 2010 7:42 AM

I know a school mate of mine is dating a guy who's really shorter than she is.
oh, an acquaintance of mine is dating one, too.
I think height gap doesn't matter if the two of you are comfortable or in love with each other, I guess

May 26, 2010 8:14 AM

Well, I'm short for my age and for the fact that I'm a guy
and I've always been rejected by girls because of my height.
Strange but these girls were all my height or a bit shorter than I am...

I wonder if there are any girls who like short guys...gotta find one!

May 26, 2010 8:26 AM

mrjag said:
Mystere said:
I've seen many couples where the girl is a couple inches taller even without wearing heels.

The only one I've ever seen like that is actor Tom Cruise. He is 5' 7" (1.70 m) and his wife is 5' 9" (1.75 m).

I'm 5' 6" (1.68 m) he looks so much taller in movies xD

Neiru2012 said:

Interesting :P

May 26, 2010 8:29 AM

I never really had a problem when it comes to height in a relationship. I guess I would prefer that the girl was shorter than me, but it's not a necessity.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 26, 2010 8:39 AM

I'm 5ft 4 so finding guys shorter than me is pretty hard and even then I wouldn't date a short guy. I'd feel like I was babysitting.

May 26, 2010 8:44 AM
LolitaDecay said:
I'm 5ft 4 so finding guys shorter than me is pretty hard and even then I wouldn't date a short guy. I'd feel like I was babysitting.

That is real kindness.....

May 26, 2010 8:57 AM

mrjag said:
LolitaDecay said:

That is real kindness.....
Thank you.

May 26, 2010 9:00 AM

If they're short enough to make me look tall, then goddamn I love 'em.

May 26, 2010 11:25 AM
MondayBlues said:
he looks so much taller in movies xD

"Though below average height and not particularly handsome in the traditional sense, within 5 years Tom Cruise was starring in some of the top grossing films of the decade"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/bio

May 26, 2010 11:43 AM

The question is.. Are there any guys who like tall girls!?

Optime olere occisum hostem!

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »