Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2010 4:40 PM
Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally One stupid Month....From episode 4,the Romance is getting more and more thicker.HAHAH Togame polluting Shichika's heart
Great show ^^
5/5

Penguin ^^
MorningGloryMay 21, 2010 9:54 PM
May 23, 2010 4:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another solid episode, I'm enjoying this series a lot.

Wouldn't surprise me if the princess was related to Togame.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 23, 2010 4:43 AM

Feb 2008
Oh man, Togame is just <3
Cheerio~
May 23, 2010 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
I had a feeling Cheerio was some foreign word.
May 23, 2010 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
It would have been really hard to top the last ep so I was fine with what we got. At least there was some level of character and relationship development.

Next ep looks good
May 23, 2010 10:22 AM

Sep 2007
I love the development of the two characters.
Seven months to go ! :D
May 23, 2010 10:52 AM

Oct 2008
The only thing i dont love about this anime is the wait between episodes.

It was pretty funny seeing Shichika getting jealous without realizing what it was.
May 23, 2010 11:33 AM
Mar 2010
Loooooooooooooove this serie <3
May 23, 2010 11:35 AM
Mar 2010
metalsnakezero said:

They said it was in ep (3?)
May 23, 2010 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
FoxInTheBox said:
metalsnakezero said:

They said it was in ep (3?)

and if you have seen any British movie or movie with British settings you might have heard it being said once or twice.

i wonder how he will change once he develops some common sense, as well as feelings for togane.
May 23, 2010 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
metalsnakezero said:

....I can't tell if that was sarcasm just now or you geniunely did not know that. *laughes*
May 23, 2010 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
Ahaha, Shichika was jealous xD That was funny.
Man, I like him so much.
Though the two of them are shaping up to be quite the anti-heroes - first Shichika killing Meisai with a smile on his face, now Togame's strategies for obtaining the armour...Seriously, if this keeps up...

Also, yay for an actually competent Maniwani dude! xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 23, 2010 1:10 PM
Oct 2009
Such a great show.

May 23, 2010 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Shichika finally turned human... No, that doesn't quite say it. He turned in to a man. All of the sudden.

This episode was sweet.
May 23, 2010 2:00 PM

Apr 2007
Shichika was all sorts of awesome in this episode <3
"I somehow got the urge to tease you..."
"Don't touch my women!"

I have no complaints here! A Maniwani actually survived an episode too (minus one arm) which makes me like it even more. Plus I loved Shichika 'teasing' and Togami's outburst xD
MonochromeMay 23, 2010 2:04 PM
May 23, 2010 2:24 PM

Jul 2009
I think I'd be more compelled to care for the characters if Togame wasn't so painfully annoying.
May 23, 2010 4:45 PM
Jun 2008
Murbella said:

It was pretty funny seeing Shichika getting jealous without realizing what it was.
Last month aired on 17th and now 22th.Next month the news said it will air on 4th,I hope the news are true.

In next episode a lolicon will fight Shichika.maybe I should say Shichika will fight a lolicon in the next episode.....
May 23, 2010 4:47 PM

Sep 2008
I will always love Gyafun over Cheerio.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2010 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
Waiting for this each month is torture.
May 23, 2010 5:05 PM

Sep 2009
I was very surprised that Togame didn't have anything to say about Shichika calling her his woman.

Awesome episode, though. Waiting a month for each new one is almost unbearable.
May 23, 2010 6:40 PM

Mar 2009
Wow... Go Shichika! :D "Don't touch my woman!" Awesome episode and waiting a month for it is a pure nightmare. --- Randy
May 23, 2010 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Do I sense jealousy? Well I did for awhile. And it was actually a funny development in the story. It's perfectly natural, and the show treated it as such. I wasn't disappointed in anything for a moment. And I actually feel silly for complaining about the dialogue in the first episode, when I'm hanging on every word in the fifth.

Finally, it felt like it was a conscious decision to Aketaru alive. A decision I liked. This show tries and succeeds at not being predictable, but consistent. And I'm impressed with it so far.
May 23, 2010 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
Yeah, finally he lets a former sword-owner live. Although I wonder if it would have been better to let him die, so he didn't have to live with his sister's death any longer than he already has, and being rejected by Togame. It's pretty cool to see, you know? I also found Shichika's expressions hilarious when she was coming up with ways to get the armor-sword.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
May 23, 2010 11:07 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty good but, what plain a fight that was...
Who the hell gets beaten by being thrown like that? I mean, after all we've seen those men do... lol

I expected more of the armor guy
May 23, 2010 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else surprised during the onsen scene? I'd have thought that Togame would do the blushing tsundere thing, but like she said later in the ep, "I don't feel embarrassment". We sure realised that, after she was staring at Shichika's junk for so long.

I still think that the romance between the two is very forced: Togame decided he should fall for her, and then in one ep he said he had. She even mentions that he wouldn't try anything with her. I realise this is probably because Shichika's been so isolated, so IMO the best part of this ep was definitely the scenes where he's jealous and he doesn't realise it.
May 24, 2010 12:57 AM

Sep 2009
This wasn't as exciting as the last episode, but this had more relationship development. This month of waiting thing is killing me...
May 24, 2010 1:58 AM
Dec 2007
rarri said:

Almost yes. It was a very good episode as usual, and although the series is extremely dialogue-based, it's really well-directed and much more coherent and consistent than Bakemonogatari. I have almost no complaint about it, Katanagatari is a great mix of romance, adventure and action with a lot of creativity involved.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 24, 2010 2:46 AM

Jan 2010
controlmajortom said:
I think I'd be more compelled to care for the characters if Togame wasn't so painfully annoying.
How can you say that... she more adorable than annoying.
Murbella said:

It was. Hitting her, pulling her hair and saying "I don't know, my hand just moved" XD
UnknownFact said:
Who the hell gets beaten by being thrown like that? I mean, after all we've seen those men do... lol

You've got a point there, I also thought the throwing the armoured guy in the air thing was... strange.
May 24, 2010 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
yamakasi said:
I still think that the romance between the two is very forced: Togame decided he should fall for her, and then in one ep he said he had. She even mentions that he wouldn't try anything with her. I realise this is probably because Shichika's been so isolated, so IMO the best part of this ep was definitely the scenes where he's jealous and he doesn't realise it.

Hm, I don't know about that. As you said, he'd been isolated for 20 years on an island with his father and his sister alone. It's not really surprising when he falls in love with the first girl that ever interacts with him that's not related to him, not to mention that she's pretty hot (falling in love at first sight isn't really that uncommon, even if it's mere physical attraction and not love). He's not as emotionally mature as he should be at that age.
But that's just my opinion.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 24, 2010 4:45 AM
Jun 2008
UnknownFact said:

Well...The Armour is damn heavy and the impact on the ground will send damage from the ground to the Armour directly into the body including the brain.A sudden shake inside the brain will cause the guy to faint.
( this only works If the weight of the body + Armour are heavy )
This concept is also the reason why Shicika's ultimate skill can't work on him.
If you are confuse then don't think so much about it because the secret will be reveal a few episode ahead.
MorningGloryMay 24, 2010 5:06 AM
May 24, 2010 7:03 AM

Feb 2009
Didn't realize Togame had such great breasts. Wow xD. Too bad Shichika doesn't feel anything when they were in the onsen. But I like it that he is slowly developing feelings for Togame and reasoning by himself. I lol'ed at his teasing of Togame.

I was pretty surprised when that Maniwani cut off his arm. No Maniwani death but there are 3 who died last episode so it's ok. Looks like an ambush next episode.

Really thought Togame was connected to the armor dude but she wasn't. The fight was kinda cool but how it ended was pretty lame. Still, we see that Shichika can panic a little and he's physically strong.

Pretty hard to top off episode 4 but this one has its merits. We see some developments and progress. Now to wait for another month...unless the 6/4 at the preview means June 4, then it's pretty soon.

Loved Togame's confusion about Cheerio. That was very cute side of her. But for me, Gyafun > Cheerio. :)
May 24, 2010 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
Today's lesson : never trust the pirate XD.

A truce with the maniwani, didn't expect that we have the 1st ninja to survive.
This time another good episode, i like the development in their relationship like at first Togame didn't trust him, now he trust him and looks like Shichika already developed some feeling towards Togame although he doesn't realize it.
RegulusMay 24, 2010 9:23 AM
May 24, 2010 8:58 AM
Jun 2008
Nephtys said:

To be honest,the pirate is very rational during negotiations.Even Shichika lose, Togame will still able to gather the sword,even Shichika win the pirate will let him take the sword and also let them free from the sea port.
No matter how I look,the pirate seem the get all the bad part of the negotiation while togame get the good part >.<.I think today's lesson is "Never fall in love" or "love is stronger than the poison of the sword"
May 24, 2010 9:08 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Cheerio! :D

May 24, 2010 9:13 AM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
Nephtys said:

To be honest,the pirate is very rational during negotiations.Even Shichika lose, Togame will still able to gather the sword,even Shichika win the pirate will let him take the sword and also let them free from the sea port.
No matter how I look,the pirate seem the get all the bad part of the negotiation while togame get the good part >.<.I think today's lesson is "Never fall in love" or "love is stronger than the poison of the sword"

Well, what i mean with that quote is about the ending part eventough they already won they let their guard down and because of that they aren't going to Owari, they are going to Ezo instead XD.
RegulusMay 24, 2010 9:17 AM
May 24, 2010 10:07 AM
Jun 2008
Nephtys said:
Well, what i mean with that quote is about the ending part eventough they already won they let their guard down and because of that they aren't going to Owari, they are going to Ezo instead XD.
Ohh.....but anyway,that bring in another question.Why the pirate knows where Soutou is? lol
Maybe Azekura just want revenge and randomly send them to Ezo,but Ezo hold the sword of Soutou Kanatzuchi which Togame knows this very well also.And still nothing bad happen to Togame's mission....
MorningGloryMay 24, 2010 10:28 AM
May 24, 2010 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
Nephtys said:
Ohh.....but anyway,that bring in another question.Why the pirate knows where Soutou is? lol
Maybe Azekura just want revenge and randomly send them to Ezo,but Ezo hold the sword of Soutou Kanatzuchi which Togame knows this very well also.

Maybe because of their netwotk? they usually go from one place to another place, but it could be he just want revenge and randomly send them, Who knows :).

Yeah, she knows that but i feel a little sorry for her. she was thinking to do this sword collecting more slower but that wish isn't going to happen lol.
May 24, 2010 10:46 AM
Jun 2008
Nephtys said:
Yeah, she knows that but i feel a little sorry for her. she was thinking to do this sword collecting more slower but that wish isn't going to happen lol.
I gonna faint if this go any slower than that.I think If Azekura didn't send them to Ezo,I think the trip(honeymoon) will take 2 year to finish. LOL
About the network, its true because the pirate have good connection.That is why the pirate knows Togame very well.
Usually I think big guy are usually dump and stupid,but Azekura seem to be the opposite ^^
May 24, 2010 1:12 PM

Jun 2007
rarri said:

T___T yes. This.

May 24, 2010 6:05 PM

Jun 2009
God another F'ing month lol.
Greatttt episode though =]
May 25, 2010 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
Poor pirate get dumped..XD
May 25, 2010 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
Does anyone know what is the song/ music at the battle scene with the pirate
after shichika realized that he was thinking too much these days
May 25, 2010 4:25 PM
Feb 2009
"I am not a leader. You are overestimating my position. I merely took on a provisional directorial role, since I have comparatively more common sense than the others."

Seriously, this was one really good episode. So far I enjoyed every minute of this anime.
May 26, 2010 1:33 PM
Mar 2010
shichika's jealousy is cuteeeeeeee <3
May 26, 2010 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
Another good episode is over.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 27, 2010 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
metalsnakezero said:

Well, duh... the narator said so herself.

I can't even find anything to say about any of the episodes... t_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2010 2:03 AM

Dec 2008
nice episode as always
this time it was more comedy than in the last one
Togame also had some crazy scenes in this episode, the head massage was funny as well as Shichika's teasing.

the onsen scene was nice,too
Togame has some nice curves, too bad the nipples were missing ; (

one questions comes into my mind how can an armor be a sword?

these Maniwani costumes are getting more and more ridicolousXD
May 28, 2010 4:52 AM
Jun 2008
Fabienne said:

one questions comes into my mind how can an armor be a sword?
"The sword instruct man to make sword for war".Well this is Shikizaki's Motto I found in the novel.Its kinda confuse but I think it will solve your question LOL.
Of course sword has no mind and can't instruct man to do thing but sword IS a weapon of war and it drive people into war just like this.its just because of this, people go to war to make all sort sword(weapon).
人は刀をつくるじゃない、刀は人をつくる
people don't make sword,but sword make people to make >.<
If I am not mistaken,It is something like this......(the sentence also show how important the sword is to human.)
May 29, 2010 2:44 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
"DON'T TOUCH MY WOMAN!!"

:DDD
p r o f i l e 👀
May 29, 2010 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
I don't want to wait a month to watch the next episode! T^T
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

419 by watsym »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.