Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 22, 2010 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with Wasabi. A lot of this mess could have been avoided had Anri grew a pair and told Kida the truth. It would have mostly stopped there. But, they wanted more drama, so whatever.

@Monad
Manipulation is more than just lying. It's knowing the people you're using well enough to know how to get a desired outcome. Izaya wants a war, thinking he'll be all powerful having a fully restored Celty at his side, so anything he can do to make that happen, he will: be it making Masaomi feel horribly guilty about what's-her-face during the Yellow/Blue War, not telling Anri, Masomi, and Mikado about each other, not telling Celty he has her head, etc. Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.

Pretty good episode. I crack a smile every time Celty gets paranoid about the cops. I didn't like the narration, though.
noteDheroMay 22, 2010 8:21 PM
May 22, 2010 7:19 PM

Oct 2009
Inver said:
Durarara is overrated

Lol, your first post is about how an anime is overrated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 7:30 PM
Jun 2008
DoubleDango said:
Inver said:
Durarara is overrated

HAHAHA I did not notice that,When i saw the word "overrated",I was like "not again....."and I simply just ignore the whole thing including the person who post it.
May 22, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I agree with Wasabi. A lot of this mess could have been avoided had Anri grew a pair and told Kida the truth. It would have mostly stopped there. But, they wanted more drama, so whatever.

About that, call me crazy, but I just don't think it's that easy to casually tell your friends "I'm actually a possessed demon sword who cuts for shits and giggles."
noteDhero said:

@Monad
Manipulation is more than just lying. It's knowing the people you're using well enough to know how to get a desired outcome. Izaya [i[wants a war, thinking he'll be all powerful having a fully restored Celty at his side, so anything he can do to make that happen, he will: be it making Masaomi feel horribly guilty about what's-her-face during the Yellow/Blue War, not telling Anri, Masomi, and Mikado about each other, not telling Celty he has her head, etc. Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.

Dhero knows what I'm talkin about!
May 22, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
Not as exciting as previous episodes, but I did enjoy it. Hopefully these kids can figure out how badly they're being played before Izaya can get his war.
May 22, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
True. It isn't that easy. But she has to be aware of the repercussions of her inaction, and every minute that she doesn't tell the truth is a minute that can drastically negatively impact a lot of bystanders the three of them command.
May 22, 2010 9:34 PM
Jan 2010
xDDD Simon.

'Human sushi. It hurts and it doesn't taste good.'

I do hope Durarara!! ends nicely, and since it seems quite popular, maybe there's a chance at a second season...

Is there any company doing a translation and publishing the novels in English? I really want to see how the anime compares with the original...
May 22, 2010 9:54 PM

Sep 2007
I liked this episode~~! I wonder what Anri's going to do now that she knows Kida's secret. And I too am love/hateing Izaya at the moment.

Though what I'm really wanting to see is what Mikado's going to do with the dollars! Here's me kind of hoping they get more together and organized, but with such a mixed group, that'd be quite the difficult task, huh. This coming war is going to be crraaaaazzyyyyy. xD
May 22, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2008
awesome ... cant wait to see how this series will advance .

May 22, 2010 10:18 PM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.
Hahah Ya,actually he did tell lie but to be honest did he tell lie or not is not being told.
but he did confess about himself during episode 18.remember the metaphor he use about the "god subject" he trying to bring.Maybe his word is a bit too confusing,but try replacing the word "God" into "information",then everything will look like as if he is trying to confess himself to Kida,but Kida still don't realize it... ^^
~~knowing Izaya personality doesn't really makes any different anyway.Since noteDhero is almost right anyway.
MorningGloryMay 23, 2010 8:34 AM
May 23, 2010 1:13 AM
Feb 2009
Amg sht are coming together >>> a real gang war now id love to see that
May 23, 2010 7:10 AM

Jan 2009
Chane doing some perfume advertisement in the background~ xD

Anyway, can't they just air the rest of the episodes like.. Now? xD..
Also, do want more Saki.
OosranMay 23, 2010 7:14 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 23, 2010 8:38 AM

Oct 2007

DoubleDango said:
Can't wait to see the end of this serie damn it.

The whole "best friends fighting eachother for the sake of eachother" is so
amazingly good.

This why I love this show.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
May 23, 2010 9:17 AM

May 2010
Puppet master Izaya are all kinds of awesome :D
May 23, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Izaya is the master of equivocation.
I agree with Garfield, it would be too hard for Anri to tell Kida about her identity. Plus if she did that the chances of sustaining her lifestyle would be obliterated on the spot.
Plus it would be to boring.
Well do you thin she will learn Mikado is the leader of the dollars to and be stuck in the middle?
May 23, 2010 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
This is getting better and better! I'm so excited to see the next episode. :D

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 23, 2010 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Misunderstandings always make a plot better.
May 23, 2010 7:43 PM

Feb 2010
Zepwich said:
FoxInTheBox said:
Holy shit, :D Drrr soon done

I know!!! I'm gonna be absolutely devastated!!! X'O

I'm the same as you. It made my thursdays (the RAW) and my saturdays (the subs)

Phew...I already want a second season...but also want to see how this ends up.
May 24, 2010 5:52 AM

Dec 2009
I love Izaya's way o toying around with people <3.

Slasher & Dullahan team-up ! xDDD
May 24, 2010 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
God I'm loving the way things are going. That sly Izaya's grin is ominous. Anri may have been a badass if the meat in her bewbs goes to her brain. But then again things would be boring, so yeah, let her cower in her corner. Celty's horse is cool. Kida's scary. And Mikado... he should really get rid of that voice. And lol, Simon xD
May 24, 2010 12:14 PM

Dec 2007
izaya is planning something big isnt he? something along the line like destroying all 3 gangs or taking over them? i got that feeling his not there just to observe
May 24, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
I can not bring myself to care about any of the three teenagers. Ugh. They're all so bland. Anri and Mikado especially get on my nerves. The highlight of this episode for me was Izaya and Celty though neither did very much and I think Izaya is an asshole. So...

BEGINNER
May 24, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
I came to really appreciate this show much more after episode 16 or so. I had put it on hold until today where I watched all the new eps together! Why?! Because those last eps effin rocked!! It's really getting much better now that it's close to the end of it.. and hope it will keep it up that way until the very end.
This ep was pure win, though the previous one was slightly better and had a more of a cliffhanger ending. Still this was definately a 5/5 for me.
By the way... where is Shinra?? he sort of dissappeared from the series.. hope they can fit him in somehow again.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
May 24, 2010 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
Just an okay episode. Anri being such a damsel in distress and needing to be saved is pissworthy though.
May 25, 2010 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, Simon actually appeared finally once again.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 25, 2010 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
It's amazing how Izaya seems like a great manipulator. He's just telling some informations to some people, hides informations from some people, and tell half or so informations to other people. And despite that everything goes the way he wants it to be. I feel he's overrated, but i can't stop liking this guy.
I like the way the story goes on, propably nothing more to add.
Oh and quiet evening + DRRR + coffee = win.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 25, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Any time of day + DRRR + coffee = win.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 25, 2010 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:

Lol, you always take out the most insignificant things.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 25, 2010 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:

DRRR+Super Mario Galaxy 2+Birthday cake=epic win

Yes, it is possible to do all three of those at the same time.
May 25, 2010 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:

DRRR (OP1 and OP2) + Angel Beats (OP and ED) soundtrip + instant noodles + reading VN=boring...

Oh and happy birthday garfield15 (better late than never)=P
May 25, 2010 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:

DRRR (OP1 and OP2) + Angel Beats (OP and ED) soundtrip + instant noodles + reading VN=boring...

And you do all this at the same time? o,o
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 25, 2010 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
belatkuro said:
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:

And you do all this at the same time? o,o
That must sound.. Really awful xD Hearing all that at the same time~ ^^;
May 25, 2010 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode... can't wait for the next...
May 25, 2010 6:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
DoubleDango said:
Inver said:
Durarara is overrated

HAHAHA I did not notice that,When i saw the word "overrated",I was like "not again....."and I simply just ignore the whole thing including the person who post it.

Fail troll is fail indeed....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 25, 2010 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
adamantine said:
I can not bring myself to care about any of the three teenagers. Ugh. They're all so bland. Anri and Mikado especially get on my nerves. The highlight of this episode for me was Izaya and Celty though neither did very much and I think Izaya is an asshole. So...

Thank God, I thought I was the only one
May 26, 2010 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
@.@ moarrrr!!!
May 26, 2010 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
Intense episode. I liked it even though things going on gets on my nerves. Izaya is now definitely an asshole villain, in awesome way. I hate all Izaya's doing on Mikado and his gang... but... I still love him.

In the last episode, I remember Izaya saying holding trump cards, 'Shizuo is a king, Celty is a queen', but he didn't know what Joker is. I think that is the critical foreshadowing for the next 5 episode. It's no Simon, Dotachin's group, Shinra since Izaya already called their names at that scene. Thus, there are only a few choice of people we can guess.

I already knew some of the blue squares is in yellow whatever gangs. Horoda guy was mentioned by Kadota for being in Blue squares, and I saw Kida is calling the same name in his meeting.

I can't wait for the next episode. I can't believe that there are only 5 episodes left, yet I think there are too much things that is needed to be solved. Well, it's done by Baccano team, who managed to show one of the most satisfying ending I've ever seen; thus I hope drrr gets a good conclusion.
May 26, 2010 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
nitaroxxs said:
adamantine said:

Get out both of you >:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2010 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
nitaroxxs said:
adamantine said:

Get out both of you >:(
May 26, 2010 6:37 AM

Dec 2007
Pretty good episode, seems like things are progressing the way Izaya wants them too. Celty coming to save Anri was unexpected and I'm wondering how exactly she knew. Anri figuring things out makes things a little more complicated though she did look awesome on Celty's horse with her sword. I'm also wondering how Mikado is going to try solve things because his methods probably won't work very well. Looking forward to the last five episodes they should be really good.
May 26, 2010 8:20 PM
Jul 2009
I'm not really liking how things are falling as Orihara predicts.

I don't know, I guess I'm just sick of him being always right.
May 26, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, Izaya's troll is maximum. Did anyone else laugh when Izaya was grinning while trolling everyone?
May 27, 2010 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
UNF Izaya and his trolling. I'm curious to see what'll happen when they find out Mikado leads Dollars though.
May 28, 2010 9:49 AM

May 2008
SaberSkye said:
Oh wow, Izaya's troll is maximum. Did anyone else laugh when Izaya was grinning while trolling everyone?

I did xD Because he's so damn good at it.

May 28, 2010 1:59 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO, durrr's morale: DON'T KEEP SECRETS FROM YOUR BFF'S.

but anyway, i always get goosebumps every time troll!izaya comes into the picture. i can't wait to see the look on izaya's face if ever the actual gang war takes place. it's gonna be a good one. 8)
May 29, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
IZAYA ;D ahahaha he was as cool as ever in this episode. Kida is awesome as well. Kodata and Kida talk ... interesting. Erika and Walker get their time to shine ... maybe? Some nice info came in this episode. Won't complain too much about Anri this time :P
What's happened to Shizuo and Shinra? They were so awesome D:
May 30, 2010 11:59 PM

May 2008
In my opinion these past two episodes have been the best so far. I like how Izaya is pulling the stings behind the scenes. And we are almost near the end. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel or something.

Also I would like to see Shinra and his father sometime soon. They have not appeared in a long time.
May 31, 2010 10:05 PM
May 2008
I agree, the last few episodes have been the most interesting. The early episodes were great as well, but more if you liked slice of life with light mystery elements.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 7, 2010 6:03 AM

Jun 2009
It was really cool seeing Anri still have a couple of children at the Yellow scarves

I don't see YS could have a chance winning vs. Anri and Celty...
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 8, 2010 6:23 PM

Jan 2009
SaberSkye said:

lol yup, he's such a bastard but I can't help but love him anyway.

And Celty is too adorable, I love how she's so chipper and friendly in the chatroom. Even her rambling about traffic cops was cute. XD
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.