Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion


May 21, 2010 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2166
I really wanted the episode to keep going....they spent a little while with a slight flashback. It's ok though, since I've liked everything about this show so far.

Celty knows quite a bit, but she's not sharing it a all with Mikado and Anri...
 
 
May 21, 2010 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 500
I love all the twists in this anime. Its like hmm... then it becomes WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE COMING OUT ZOMG?! to "That was epic." It keeps me excited every episode. Can't wait to see how this ends: Leader of the Dollars, the Yellow Scarves, and the Slasher are friends that hang out daily without even knowing. Will it all end in tears? Or a happy ending. Or of course A TWIST?!
 
May 21, 2010 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2093
Dark_Requiem said:
Really good episode. I noticed last episode that the 3 adults in the Yellow Scarves looked like 3 of the Blue Square members in the van but didn't say anything >_>

OH SNAP! So that's why they're in the ED song.

-Oh Kida. "MATA ASHITA DAAAAAAAAA!"

-Aizen, Light, Lelouch. PUSSiES! There is only Izaya. Izaya is probably the most cold-hearted magnificent bastards in animation. The way he's manipulating the main three into this is just incredible.
 
May 21, 2010 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 358
It was an explanation chapter. But the Horse-Saika scene near the end versus the Yellow Scarves was awesome. You Celty rules..
It was really well developed...but I missed Shizuo. He is pure win when he is with Celty...but,it's okay,the episode was awesome
 
May 21, 2010 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2687
Izaya, stop messing with everyone's mind! Arrgghh!@#$%.


 
May 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 104
Yes more Dotachin! :D

first signature c:
 
May 21, 2010 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 783
Great episode, but it's almost painful to watch Izaya play these kids so skillfully. He's annoyed me the entire series, but now I think I might actually hate him a little. I wonder how this could end happily.

Also, obligatory needs more Shizuo comment.
 
May 21, 2010 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1274
Brilliant.

This is one of the few serieses that contains great, well rounded girls.
This ep' featured a lot of girl power too (sad phrase, I know).

Great to see the motorbike regress back into a horse; imagine being able to switch transport so easily.
I wonder if Celty knows that Anri's sword is the one that severed her head?

 
 
May 21, 2010 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
I'm starting to dislike Anri more and more. She's now one of those people who just baaawwws about not wanting to hurt people. With her hax abilities, she can actually do something in the world but no, she just wants to "love" people and run away from all these problems. She's the cause of this gang war and she knows it but she just runs away from it, especially now that she knows Kida is the YS leader.

And did I see Erika without her hat on in the preview!?
 
May 21, 2010 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1274
Wasabi said:
I'm starting to dislike Anri more and more. She's now one of those people who just baaawwws about not wanting to hurt people. With her hax abilities, she can actually do something in the world but no, she just wants to "love" people and run away from all these problems. She's the cause of this gang war and she knows it but she just runs away from it, especially now that she knows Kida is the YS leader.

And did I see Erika without her hat on in the preview!?


You know, I like Anri, yet I do see your point.;)

I felt the same way about Itachi and Nagato in Naruto; they were all powerful, decent people, yet lingered on the negitive, felt sorry for themselves, sulked, then joined an evil organisation in favour of doing good things, all because they wanted someone else to defeat them.

Get over yourself!!!
Either do great things in the world or become a brilliant villian.;)

I better hide from their many fans, I'm neautral towards these characters, therefore, I'm in the minority.

 
May 21, 2010 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 632
Queen_Stars said:
This is one of the few serieses that contains great, well rounded girls.
This ep' featured a lot of girl power too (sad phrase, I know).
True, and it's interesting to watch Anri evolve into a leader because she didn't exactly plan it. When the situation called for it, she stepped up. I'm curious how she will handle it.


garfield15 said:
Dark_Requiem said:
Really good episode. I noticed last episode that the 3 adults in the Yellow Scarves looked like 3 of the Blue Square members in the van but didn't say anything >_>

OH SNAP! So that's why they're in the ED song.
This is interesting too. It's not just the leaders of the 3 groups that have an overlapping relationship. If the members do too, I wonder where their loyalties will lie when shit hits the fan....
 
 
May 21, 2010 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 286
Amazing episode... But the next episode... is there some betrayal? --- Randy
 
May 21, 2010 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2810
Good episode. I like how practically the whole series is set on such irony. Like, for example, about the Blue Squares who are enemies to Yellow Scarves, had become Yellow Scarves after Kida left.

Best part of this episode was seeing the faces of the Yellow Scarves when Celty's shadows form and she began to ride the horse :p Oh, and I liked Anri whipping out her sword to cut the pipe.

I just mostly want to see the reactions of the three friends when they find out all each others secrets (Anri figuring out Kida marked down one secret, but we still have Anri being the slasher and Mikado being the Dollars leader to be revealed).

ilikeyouevenmore said:

garfield15 said:
Dark_Requiem said:
Really good episode. I noticed last episode that the 3 adults in the Yellow Scarves looked like 3 of the Blue Square members in the van but didn't say anything >_>

OH SNAP! So that's why they're in the ED song.
This is interesting too. It's not just the leaders of the 3 groups that have an overlapping relationship. If the members do too, I wonder where their loyalties will lie when shit hits the fan....


Well said. I didn't notice that.

Sorry I had a lot to say about this episode. It's getting so close to the end. Don't want it to be over.
 
May 21, 2010 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1499
Mikado please realize that Izaya is controlling you. .__.
 
May 21, 2010 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 76
Izaya is like an oil to these three fire, Dollars + Slasher + Yellow Scarves..
 
May 21, 2010 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 492
By the way anyone notice that this episode title & next week episode title are relates to Chinese dynasties era:

19. The Blue Sky Perishes (蒼天已死 Sōten sudeni shisu)
20. The Yellow Sky Rises (黄天當立 Kōten masani tatsubeshi)

The full yojijukugo phrase: The Blue Sky (ie. the Han Dynasty) has perished, the Yellow Sky (ie. the rebellion) will soon rise; in this year of Jia Zi, let there be prosperity in the world!" (蒼天已死,黃天當立。歲在甲子,天下大吉。)
Yellow Turbans = Yellow Scarves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion
 
 
May 21, 2010 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 112
I swear, all this intrigue feels like Shakespeare-light in anime form. Which is in NO WAY a slight against Durarara!!
 
May 21, 2010 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5800
Can't wait to see the end of this serie damn it.

The whole "best friends fighting eachother for the sake of eachother" is so amazingly good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 21, 2010 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 872
Izaya,just DIE!!
 
May 21, 2010 10:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 145
that sly izaya, you need to be hated -*-
 
May 21, 2010 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5800
I hate Izaya but I love him at the same time; he's too awesome to hate even though he's such an asshole.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 21, 2010 11:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 710
did anyone see the baccano character in the background?
she was claire lafoet or something. shes in the background board when anri leaves mikado around 11:45
 
May 22, 2010 12:12 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 518
kaena said:
did anyone see the baccano character in the background?
she was claire lafoet or something. shes in the background board when anri leaves mikado around 11:45


Oh cool, didn't see that one.

I love all the Baccano referances!
 
May 22, 2010 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 213
Celty is totally traumatized by the traffic police. Its so hilarious and cute at the same time. :D
Blergh.
 
 
May 22, 2010 1:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
conankudo4 said:
MorningGlory said:
When Anri suddenly say"Arigatou gozaimasu"


That's because she didn't know how to use the private chat, and accidentally said that in the main chat (it was intended for Celty). This (and the fact that both Anri and Celty left the chat immediately after this) became a flag for Mikado and Izaya that She was talking with Celty, which Izaya knew it was about the Slasher incident because he's Izaya.
Hahah "because he is Izaya" ,after Izaya knowing the the relation between them,he will force Mikado to do against them .
Your explanation sound reasonable also,but Izaya grasp the situation before Anri and Celty logout not after they logout.
Did you notice the camera zoom in when celty say"pls stop it,telling such detail to someone that they doesn't even know" and then Izaya said" No No...People in Ikebukoro should know this ^^ "
Izaya trying to pull out who is helping Anri.....since it will be long if I explain,so i kinda lazy to fully explain the reason at all.....you can say this is Izaya mind trick psychology or something.
 
May 22, 2010 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5800
Izaya probably already hypothesised Celty x Slasher just that that slip up backed it up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
 
May 22, 2010 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 28501
DoubleDango said:
Who's subs you guys watching with?

Only seen the live stream so far.


I watched in raw.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
May 22, 2010 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15866
Awesome scene is awesome.



Again despite what you people say i don't see Izaya doing much. The only reason everyone feels like his manipulating everything is because of his evil smiles and how his presented but the truth is that he doesn't do much. She just answers when his ask something or refuse according to his will. His not out there trying hard to fix things by lies and such.
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just puts a little oil in the fire if he can but just a little and mostly he doesn't try to stop it. The fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.

Izaya isn't manipulating anyone. He just goes with the flow and watches from the shadows. His not a pupetmaster, his a viewer watching the events as an amusement.
If you notice he never told a single lie or created any event by his own. The only thing he did was give selective information but hey, if he didn't exist then they wouldn't get any information ether and that could have let to bloodshed because of conclusions and rumors anyway.
You give the guy too much credit. The only thing his really good at, is keeping his nose out of the direct collision of the events and learning about them.

Anyway the episode was mainly a built up for coming events but it was still good. I'm anxious to see the next already.


kaena said:
did anyone see the baccano character in the background?
she was claire lafoet or something. shes in the background board when anri leaves mikado around 11:45


We kind of got used of them by now and don't mention them much. There is at least one in every episode. That was the mute girl of Baccano right? She was the best female character in the series for me.

Alexeon said:
Celty is totally traumatized by the traffic police. Its so hilarious and cute at the same time. :D


Yeah her fear of those cops and Aliens is so amusing. She's really cute when she's scared.
Modified by Monad, May 22, 2010 4:39 AM
 
May 22, 2010 4:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Monad said:
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just put a little oil in the fire if he can but the fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.
Its true,izaya didn't do much,but Izaya is the information agent.He contain dangerous information that could harm Ikebukoro.So...you think information alone can't start the war?previous episode give a good example of how information destroy Kida's live.Izaya just "pointing" the direction of a person's needs and wants.
 
May 22, 2010 4:44 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 59828
nice episode the end is near though :(
 
May 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 364
I want to watch 20 Now
Too bad i can't !

 
 
May 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15866
MorningGlory said:
Monad said:
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just put a little oil in the fire if he can but the fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.
Its true,izaya didn't do much,but Izaya is the information agent.He contain dangerous information that could harm Ikebukoro.So...you think information alone can't start the war?previous episode give a good example of how information destroy Kida's live.Izaya just "pointing" the direction of a person's needs and wants.


From the moment he doesn't spread false information to create events there is no problem if he is holding information. The reason he seems evil is because with the information he has he could really help but he doesn't because he enjoys watching them. His like a sadist that enjoys watching other people torturing others but he doesn't do anything by himself. Well whether he watches or not the other person is still gonna get tortured.
The information he has wouldn't help anyone if he didn't exist ether. For example look at the information he gave Mikato in this episode. They were all truth. Everything he said was truth and he just answered to the questions asked. He just didn't go by himself helping Mikato by telling him his best friend was the leader of the yellow guys.Well with out him Mikato wouldn't have learned that anyway.
And information didn't do anything to Kida's life. Kida destroyed himself and i explained in my post of the previews episode how. It was all his fault. The only thing Izaya did was not answering the phone when it was needed to help. He just helps when he wants for his amusement but his not hurting anyone. His way of hurting is not being there to help or give information to help. But as i said if he didn't exist he wouldn't be there to help ether.
 
May 22, 2010 4:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5223
Probably the best episode of Durarara!! as far as script and character developments are concerned. It was simply brilliant even if we could have done without the voice over.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
May 22, 2010 5:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Monad said:

And information didn't do anything to Kida's life. Kida destroyed himself and i explained in my post of the previews episode how. It was all his fault. The only thing Izaya did was not answering the phone when it was needed to help. He just helps when he wants for his amusement but his not hurting anyone. His way of hurting is not being there to help or give information to help. But as i said if he didn't exist he wouldn't be there to help ether.

I think you miss the part where Izaya talking to kida in the hospital....Actually he is just repeating kida's action.Did you remember the "God subject" he bring as a metaphor during the conversation?
( i am not paying much attention on last episode's forum.... sorry )
Just like last episode,Izaya is doing the same thing right now....de ja vu right?
Modified by MorningGlory, May 22, 2010 5:24 AM
 
May 22, 2010 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1877
I guess this is a good episode:)



 
May 22, 2010 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 155
Izaya is being a jerk, but thats why we all love him :)
I wonder when his sisters are gonna show up?

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
 
May 22, 2010 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1868
o.o Wow, I hope they figure everything out soon...I'd hate to see Izaya's wonderful war plans come to fruition. I wonder if someone dies in the end o.o

Also, Dotachiiin x3
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.


Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
 
May 22, 2010 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 59
The story is becoming more and more interesting !
It'll be a hoT ending ...the war might start ...but i wonder what will happen when the leader of the dollars will met the one of the yellow scarves ! LOL
 
 
May 22, 2010 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1190
Ha, so now Celty actually have all the aces knowing all three leader's true identities. Cool. Awesome episode as always.
 
May 22, 2010 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 728
No Shizuo...

 
May 22, 2010 8:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 71
Durarara is overrated
 
May 22, 2010 8:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 106
Not as good episode as the last, but I loved it nonetheless

Random thoughts on the episode
-Loved the part with Celty mentioning how scared of the cop she was
xD
-I am starting to dislike Izaya more and more, especially how he is manipulating poor Mikado to the shadows! I hope Mikado does not end up like Kida
-Finally Kida tried to get some advice! This might lessen the chances of the war a little.
 
May 22, 2010 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 698
Yay, that was cool. Kida looked so badass with that smile and talk he was giving to Celty. That bastard Izaya just keeps messing with kid's heads.I also find it funny how people are actually saying Izaya has hardly done anything wrong.

 
 
May 22, 2010 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 64
Love how Izaya is toying with them.
Expect the unexpected... Surprise butt secks!
 
May 22, 2010 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5223
When Saika(Anri) entered the chat, I found it funny when she said "Good evening" just like that.
Loved Izaya's smile when he was chatting. Pure evil.
I was impressed when Anri used the Slasher network to get information. Celty rescue was awesome as well as Anri pulling out Saika to deflect that pipe.
Now have a real misunderstanding about the Dolars and Slasher. And some secrets of the Yellow Scarves appear. We have an overlap of members in this war it seems. Wonder where their loyalties lie in the end.

Awesome episode. Building up the story for the finale, only 5 more episodes =( Still, we have a lot of characters missing, like Shinra, his father, Harima Mika, Seiji Yagiri and also the people shown at the OP, like Shizuo's brother, the policeman and Tom Tanaka. Hope they participate in the happenings.

Next episode, Dotachin and Erika removes their hats and Walker opens his eyes again. Something big and exciting may happen here. Can't wait for the next episode. But what was up with the person wearing the mouse costume in the preview XD
Modified by belatkuro, May 22, 2010 9:30 AM
 
 
May 22, 2010 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5091
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse

Awesome Sig by Lailide
 
May 22, 2010 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3109
greenmush said:
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse


I agree.
This episode was a waste. They should start the war thing already.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.
 
May 22, 2010 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3861
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse


I agree.
This episode was a waste. They should start the war thing already.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.

I think this episode was needed because there is no point starting the war already. It would become too dragged, as you said we still have 5 episodes.

Personally I still think this is awsome~~
 
May 22, 2010 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3109
sayami said:
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse


I agree.
This episode was a waste. They should start the war thing already.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.

I think this episode was needed because there is no point starting the war already. It would become too dragged, as you said we still have 5 episodes.

Personally I still think this is awsome~~


Well ofcourse, you're entitled to your opinion. No episode of DRR can be bad. Just that more could've been done in this one....or perhaps it's me raging over not enough Shizuo.
I just want it to end right. I don't want some big-ass cliff hanger. The fact that only 5 episodes are left is really making me hyper now.
 
May 22, 2010 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2741
k0k0 said:
sayami said:
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse


I agree.
This episode was a waste. They should start the war thing already.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.

I think this episode was needed because there is no point starting the war already. It would become too dragged, as you said we still have 5 episodes.

Personally I still think this is awsome~~


Well ofcourse, you're entitled to your opinion. No episode of DRR can be bad. Just that more could've been done in this one....or perhaps it's me raging over not enough Shizuo.
I just want it to end right. I don't want some big-ass cliff hanger. The fact that only 5 episodes are left is really making me hyper now.


Don't worry too much about that, there's a solid conclusion despite some loose ends that tie into the later novels. 5 episode should be enough to fit it in. :)
 
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store