Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2023 10:01 AM

Aug 2022
Have you guys ever tried watching one pace to catch up to original anime or for some other purpose. I am on impel down arc and i finished amazon lily arc in just 5 episodes by one pace.

As dressora arc have 118 episodes in original anime and it is finished under 48 in one pace.

Should i use it for later episodes or should i watch original one piece?

Note (for those who don't know) :- One pace is a project by some fans who does insane video editing and cut out the filler parts from episodes and try to make anime accurately close to manga. As one piece have a bad reputation because of its pacing of 1 or even 3/4 chapter per episode 😞. You can download torrents from their website

for example 👉 https://youtu.be/n1z6umwBs5I
Nevermind54Jun 7, 2023 10:07 AM

Jun 7, 2023 11:01 AM
Aug 2021
I just read the manga tbh

After being caught up with the manga watch certain episodes then watch the anime weekly
Jun 7, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 2022
Nevermind54 said:
Have you guys ever tried watching one pace to catch up to original anime or for some other purpose. I am on impel down arc and i finished amazon lily arc in just 5 episodes by one pace.

As dressora arc have 118 episodes in original anime and it is finished under 48 in one pace.

Note (for those who don't know) :- One pace is a project by some fans who does insane video editing and cut out the filler parts from episodes and try to make anime accurately close to manga. As one piece have a bad reputation because of its pacing of 1 or even 3/4 chapter per episode 😞. You can download torrents from their website

well I'm watching for the first time soo
rn ep 631 on dressrosa arc
Jun 7, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2022
i can see why they'd want to make a speedier version of the anime like DBZ kai but my issue with it is they say its "the superior version"
it makes them look like they are telling the toei animators they suck and we do it better
its like those People on Twitter that "fixes art" without the making it worse part
Jun 7, 2023 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Mr_Sai said:
i can see why they'd want to make a speedier version of the anime like DBZ kai but my issue with it is they say its "the superior version"
it makes them look like they are telling the toei animators they suck and we do it better
its like those People on Twitter that "fixes art" without the making it worse part
It was an objectively terrible decision to pad the runtime with filler instead of just making filler episodes that could be later skipped
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 7, 2023 11:36 AM

Aug 2022
Mr_Sai said:

tbh, i prefer using it for only those arcs which are overly stretched or if you want to catch up to current episodes.

In the faster version, i can't really feel the anime, i finished the Amazon lily arc in 5 episodes and now i don't remember something exciting from it. if you want to feel the emotion go for original anime

Jun 7, 2023 1:33 PM
Jul 2021
I don't like one pace. The editing is weird and it removes a lot of stuff that adds to the overall experience. Small stuff, sure, but it's just weird watching it without any breathing room. The anime has bad pacing sometimes (a lot of times), but you just kind of have to accept that or just skip a bit. Better than one pace which in my opinion removes the impact of many scenes though it's janky editing

There is also in my opinion no reason to use it pre times skip.
Jun 7, 2023 3:19 PM
Jun 2021
I started using one pace half way through punk hazard and idk if i could've kept watching without it. it makes it so much easier to watch
Jun 7, 2023 4:50 PM

Sep 2020
I know that it exists, just never had a reason to want to try it.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 7, 2023 6:30 PM
Apr 2020
I actively am using it as a first time watcher and it is the best thing ever
Jun 7, 2023 8:16 PM
Sep 2020
I had no problem watching one piece episode after episode when it came to cannon episodes and now I'm watching it weekly.
Jun 7, 2023 10:57 PM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
Nevermind54 said:

I've decided to go through it. I've considered using One Pace to somewhat catch up but the fact that I have to download it and when I was aware of it, I was already at the end of Dressrosa and there were no episodes for Whole Cake. so I just stuck with the anime.
Jun 7, 2023 10:57 PM
Jun 2023
I've seen some of it but I'd rather watch a regular one piece but I'd rather read the manga then watch either or
Jun 7, 2023 11:01 PM
Aug 2019
just read it bro ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Jun 8, 2023 12:55 AM

Aug 2015
It is pointless to skip episodes since by the time you catch up the anime will be nowhere near close to ending, you should follow the anime the normal way without trying to rush things, or simply read the manga instead which is faster, or another alternative is to watch the anime and when you catch up switch to the manga from where the anime stops, either way by the time you catch up there will still be a lot of time left until it is finished
Jun 8, 2023 1:12 AM
Oct 2022
From what I know, the starting of one pace doesn't cut much. But it makes it easier to binge the later arcs (atleast about 200 episodes). If you watch the show a lot, it's pointless to catch up as Elfezen said, but if you have limited time and want to watch lots of anime like me, then use it. Hell, I even watch dragon balls fan edit version, life's too short to spend on one story's pointless filler.
I would recommend it for ppl who usually watch 13 episode shows. 
Jun 8, 2023 1:34 AM
Jan 2022
I tried one pace in dressrosa after watching original, I still preferred the og even though the pace is bad.
yes one pace is a faster option but you will not get the satisfaction the og delivers
Jun 8, 2023 1:46 AM

Apr 2023
Id say go watch One Pace. I was actually surprised how much more i enjoyed certain parts because the fluff was cut.
Jun 8, 2023 3:46 AM
Apr 2021
yeah I watched one pace after watching the real one piece
Jun 8, 2023 11:31 AM
Jan 2022
LostSpectre said:
Mr_Sai said:
It was an objectively terrible decision to pad the runtime with filler instead of just making filler episodes that could be later skipped

it's not a decision toei could make due to their contract with fuji tv. why would they turn down ad revenue and high view count on a weekly basis? with something like one piece, it has to keep producing almost every week, to maintain a portion of its popularity that watch on TV.
Jun 8, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 2022
Nevermind54 said:
Mr_Sai said:

tbh, i prefer using it for only those arcs which are overly stretched or if you want to catch up to current episodes.

In the faster version, i can't really feel the anime, i finished the Amazon lily arc in 5 episodes and now i don't remember something exciting from it. if you want to feel the emotion go for original anime

I mean I read it faster than 5 chapters and I can tell you it's nothing so exciting that you'd spend more time on it. One pace is really good at pacing imo, they even make the openings not feel so long, like OVER THE TOP in wano makes me wanna watch it without spending 3 whole minutes of the episode.
Jun 8, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 2022
SirHerbert124 said:
I don't like one pace. The editing is weird and it removes a lot of stuff that adds to the overall experience. Small stuff, sure, but it's just weird watching it without any breathing room. The anime has bad pacing sometimes (a lot of times), but you just kind of have to accept that or just skip a bit. Better than one pace which in my opinion removes the impact of many scenes though it's janky editing

There is also in my opinion no reason to use it pre times skip.

alabasta, skypiea, enies lobby and thriller bark all have slow pacing that bores out many episodes. might just be a personal preference thing but I can't say that I hate it at all. it made the more cluttered arcs way more enjoyable; i actually watched through the whole of dressrosa in only like a couple days and it was good fun.
Jun 8, 2023 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
DKIncorporated said:
LostSpectre said:

it's not a decision toei could make due to their contract with fuji tv. why would they turn down ad revenue and high view count on a weekly basis? with something like one piece, it has to keep producing almost every week, to maintain a portion of its popularity that watch on TV.
Right, and what do you think every other long-running shonen did? They should have just done regular filler arcs. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 8, 2023 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
Elfezen said:
It is pointless to skip episodes since by the time you catch up the anime will be nowhere near close to ending, you should follow the anime the normal way without trying to rush things, or simply read the manga instead which is faster, or another alternative is to watch the anime and when you catch up switch to the manga from where the anime stops, either way by the time you catch up there will still be a lot of time left until it is finished
Sure, but who said it has anything to do with catching up quickly as opposed to the show being painful to watch after it slows to 1 ch. per episode. 
Jun 8, 2023 6:52 PM
Jan 2021
LostSpectre said:
Mr_Sai said:

Naruto did this well
Jun 8, 2023 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
XxAtaraxiaxX said:
LostSpectre said:

Naruto did this well
Yeah, for all the complaints people have about filler, it's much better to have clear filler arcs that are later skippable, instead of this nonsense.
Jun 8, 2023 8:44 PM
Nov 2016
im planning to revisit one piece by watching one pace cuz i stopped watching at around episode 200 few years ago. at which arc should i stop and just watch the og one?
Jun 9, 2023 3:38 AM
Dec 2020
Nevermind54 said:

Just go for one pace especially during the dressroza arc . You won't miss anything. I have caught up to the anime by one pace and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Jun 9, 2023 3:51 AM
Jan 2022
LostSpectre said:
DKIncorporated said:

Right, and what do you think every other long-running shonen did? They should have just done regular filler arcs. 

tell toei to stop making so much ad revenue and viewers on tv then they'll break the contract ok?
Jun 12, 2023 1:45 PM
Jun 2023
i have heard of it but I'm not sure I'll ever use it, even if it's long I like to watch the original

there might be some stuff that I could miss watching one pace and I'm not going to let that happen
Jun 12, 2023 2:01 PM

Sep 2020
I'm sorry but it's the equivalent of watching anime at 1.5X speed or something. Not bad but I don't see why the official version is so bad that you had to do that. So to answer your question, no I have never used One Pace to catch up to the currently airing episodes.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 12, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2020
XxAtaraxiaxX said:
LostSpectre said:

Naruto did this well
People will complain either way and Naruto did not do anything well when it came to filler LMAO. The original anime had 91 filler episodes out of 220. The only reason I rated it an 8 is because I didn't watch half of those filler episodes. Naruto Shippuden is a bigger offender. Literally putting more than ten episodes of filler before a big moment is about to happen... That should be a crime. I'm glad One Piece has never done that.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 365 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Aug 12, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 364 Discussion

Somebody - Aug 5, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 363 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 24, 2008

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.