Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Should I watch Konosuba: Explosion on this wonderful world ! Directy after completing this season?

Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 7, 2023 5:34 AM
Nov 2022
I recently finished First season. I am actually not big fan of Konosuba. I show Konosuba: Explosion on this wonderful world's poster on MAL spring list and on Crunchyroll. So i decided watch this anime but when i opened that spin-off i found that this series have parent story of  2 season so i decided watch this season and 2nd season to understand spin-off properly. But after completing First season i realised that this anime had lots of cultured scenes. I personally don't like that kind of scenes. My main reason of Watching Konosuba is it's spin-off series.

So i am asking you i should must complete Movie and season 2 first for watch Explosion on this wonderful world?
Jun 7, 2023 10:07 AM
Nov 2022
I’ve seen alot of people enjoy the megumin spinoff. So don’t listen to me saying that i personally didn’t enjoy it.

The most i can say it that it’s very different from the main series.
Jun 7, 2023 10:14 AM
Jun 2016
I think you’ll get the most out of the spin off if you watch everything else that’s out first, ESPECIALLY the movie, but ultimately it doesn’t matter that much what order you watch it in
Jun 7, 2023 10:16 AM

Sep 2018
As someone who loved Konosuba but dropped Megumin the watch order really doesn`t matter though I always say go by release order.
Jun 7, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2023
You can also watch it before starting season 1 or after Season 1 or Season 2 it doesn't matter
Jun 7, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2020
No. Wait for the movie.
Jun 7, 2023 10:55 AM
Feb 2022
it those not mather to be onest
Jun 7, 2023 11:00 AM

Aug 2020
This is why you stay in school kids.
Keep scrolling
Jun 7, 2023 11:18 AM
Apr 2021
it doesn't really matter because it's a prequel but I would recommend watching season 2 and the movie first
Jun 7, 2023 11:51 AM
Mar 2023
order doesn't really matter
Jun 7, 2023 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
It’s a prequel, if you want more megumin go for it
Jun 7, 2023 2:05 PM
Apr 2021
U can watch the megumin spin off whenever. It’s literally just megumin a story before she meets aqua and kazuma. So watch it whenever u want
Jun 7, 2023 2:18 PM

May 2023
if you decided to wacth all season to, don't forget watch the movie one to
Jun 7, 2023 2:52 PM
Jun 2021
The movie reveals more about the crimson demons than the entire 1st and 2nd seasons do and is pretty entertaining— if you can’t appreciate that, you have no sense of humour and a worthless excuse of a human being. Furthermore, the fact that you toiled through 8 hours of content only to catch up to the spin-off series, it seems to me that you do not derive any real pleasure and are watching only just to become cognisant of the cultural values of society around you. It is as if you’re trying to study for something. If you can’t appreciate the journey and care only about the destination, you’d be better off cramming physics formulas than any of this.
///
Jun 7, 2023 2:52 PM
Jul 2020
I say you should wait til after the movie
Jun 7, 2023 3:09 PM
Feb 2016
should watch after
Jun 7, 2023 5:18 PM
Jul 2022
Krutik_009 said:
I recently finished First season. I am actually not big fan of Konosuba. I show Konosuba: Explosion on this wonderful world's poster on MAL spring list and on Crunchyroll. So i decided watch this anime but when i opened that spin-off i found that this series have parent story of  2 season so i decided watch this season and 2nd season to understand spin-off properly. But after completing First season i realised that this anime had lots of cultured scenes. I personally don't like that kind of scenes. My main reason of Watching Konosuba is it's spin-off series.

So i am asking you i should must complete Movie and season 2 first for watch Explosion on this wonderful world?

Watch all 2 seasons of Konosuba (although you could skip the OVAs) and the film. Then watch the spin off, it's more of a prequel but some of it does occur during the main series.
Jun 7, 2023 8:47 PM

Apr 2011

Krutik_009 said:

I had zero issues watching Bakuen with only having seen the 1st season 7 years ago when there were no sequels

There's probably some references you will miss out on by not seeing the other seasons/film but they'll always be there for when you are ready to watch them

Watching the spinoff got me curious about KonoSuba world and the characters, so I end up watching the 1st season again :P

Jun 9, 2023 12:55 PM
Jan 2022
Krutik_009 said:

It doesn’t matter. It takes place before the first season so if there would be anyone who hasn’t seen Konosuba they should probably watch the Megumin prequel before if they want
Jun 9, 2023 9:55 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Well, the spinoff is gonna have lots of "cultured scenes" as well with how the characters are in that show. I don't normally like those kinds of things, but Konosuba is too funny to have me be bothered by any of that. That and I love the characters.

I would just say skip it if you don't like that kind of thing.
Jun 12, 2023 9:11 AM
Apr 2023
Krutik_009 said:

You don't need to watch all seasons just to watch the megumin spin off, It's actually a past story of megumin so u can watch this anytime you want

More topics from this board

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

415 by HomelessWzrd »»
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

225 by 0451 »»
Apr 3, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.