3It was OK
6.1%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
3.0%
Average 4.5
33 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2010 12:24 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooooh... ploooot <3
So aside from being silly fanservice, we get to see some more of Ryoko's powers, a new girl gets added to the mix, the villain makes his grand entrance, and Ryo-Ohki stops being cute for just long enough to remind us that it's actually a crazy powerful ship... that apparently has a taste for gun metal.
Just my two cents.
Jan 2, 2012 2:11 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode yet!

Mihoshi is win, my fav character.
Fanservice was nice.

Looks like our main villain is finally introduced, and somewhat of some more plot.

Only two episodes left, does this first OVA series have and ending, or does it just continue on to Ryo-Ohki 2?

Urahara Out!!
Jan 19, 2015 5:47 PM

Sep 2014
OH MY. Takei voice. ep 4.

Pros:

Plot: It is coming! THe introduction of new characters and a certain nightmare foretell the dark things to come. It does a wonderful job of foreboding.

Mihoshi: She's a goof but an enjoyable one. I really didn't think much of her from her first appearance but she grew on me. She's just so cute.

Fanservice: I blinked. Did not expect that much service from the nineties. Wow. Nice.

4/5. Good transition and now we get some action.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
What a pervert alien.

Oct 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
And yet another new character joins the harem of Tenchi, namely Mihoshi. She seems to be the tsukkomi (airhead) of the 4 girls. It's hard to express my opinion of her at this point, since we have not yet seen her in action all that much yet.

The typical hot spring fanservice shows its colors again too, not that I mind, though (no sir, I certainly do not). Aeka and Ryouko quarreling with each other was nice to watch too. Oh Aeka, you're such a tsundere...

At the end of the episode, we finally get to see the villain of the show, called Kagato. At first glance, he seems to hold some potential. Can't wait to see what wicked powers he possesses.

Unto the next episode, with hopefully a lot more action (and fanservice, perhaps?).
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Oct 10, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
Surprise, those OAVs seem to include a story !

For an onsen episode, it wasn't as boring as I expected it to be.
The galactic policewoman added to the mix might be useful now that a big villain appeared.

4/5

Did I see Spock in the first scene?
Jan 28, 2019 4:24 PM

Jun 2011
Ayeka and Sasami need popcorn, they were enjoying that water monster show.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 26, 2020 5:51 PM

Nov 2017
Fun episode! Though, I don't remember watching this on Toonami lol.

Mioshi has to be the funniest character in the anime because of how ditzy she is
Sep 4, 2020 2:36 PM
May 2020
While it is interesting to see a Mihoshi who is slightly more reliable (as her partner from Tenchi Universe is not here to bail her out), I felt that she should have met the gang earlier on in the episode. Also, it is amazing how little censorship existed back then (I still cannot fathom why they will draw a woman's nipples but never their pubic hair, that is just weird).
Nov 8, 2021 2:14 PM
Sep 2010
Coming back to this it feels very weird having Mihoshi on her own without Kiyone.
So much plot here lol
Did Kagato kill Spock? XD
Jul 26, 2022 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
Another day of collateral damage. And the space detective Mihoshi makes her appearance. Her face when she realized Ryouki is this creature.

Feel bad for the old lady. She's got a lot of work ahead of her. Maybe they have some tech to make the rebuild faster.

Didn't expect to see the onsen scenes uncensored. Must've been the 26 episode show that I saw on Toonami. Maybe I'll watch that after this.

Next episode we got the big bad Kagato showing up.
Jul 26, 2023 1:54 PM
Mar 2017
i hope ryoko used her powers to fix the old lady's stuff :(

i've been enjoying the relationship building but seems from that nightmare that we're going to get an actual plot starting next episode
Aug 17, 2023 8:21 PM

Jul 2017
The classic episode is very funny, very lewd, action-packed, and foreboding. I love the monster design! When I was teenager, and I got the DVD, I certainly hit the rewind button on the PS2 controller a lot to see... uhh... the details in this episode. It was surprising to me that Toonami had edited it to add fake swimsuits when there were really none.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 6 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jan 2, 2012

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 5 Discussion

animalia - Aug 1, 2014

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 3 Discussion

13 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 2 Discussion

9 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 1 Discussion

19 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.