Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2023 7:28 PM
Jul 2022
This story had everything, the characters, character development, world building, action, mecha, romance (sort of), drama for sure and a lot of conflict. Or are you all just mad about the ending? I can understand that but I felt it concluded everything and wrapped it all up. I see the similarities from code geass for sure but definitely different. Love to hear your opinion.  
13oFIVEMay 31, 2023 7:40 PM
Jun 1, 2023 5:22 AM
Jul 2021
13oFIVE said:
This story had everything, the characters, character development, world building, action, mecha, romance (sort of), drama for sure and a lot of conflict. Or are you all just mad about the ending? I can understand that but I felt it concluded everything and wrapped it all up. I see the similarities from code geass for sure but definitely different. Love to hear your opinion.  

ye it was the ending, i still think it’s decent if u include it in your rating, but wouldn’t give it higher than a 7
Jun 1, 2023 5:54 AM

Jan 2021
the show itself was fine, i somewhat enjoyed it. i just really hated the epilogue.
Read the visual novel nerd
Jun 1, 2023 6:49 AM

Jul 2021
The second half of the show was stupid plot twist after plot twist and the ending was honestly just disappointing. MC's personality making a complete 180
Jun 1, 2023 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
It was inferior ripoof of Code Geass.

Jun 1, 2023 8:57 AM

Sep 2016
I love it. I rewatched it recently and still do. It’s got an amazing soundtrack and the characters all have their own arcs. The ending is bittersweet like FMA 03 and I like that in some Anime or Manga. I like ambiguous or bittersweet endings instead of everything being happy. Yes, happy endings are great, but they happen so often that you can tell it will happen so when it doesn’t it’s a surprise. I like this Anime because it’s a mix of different genres that mashed together quite well.
Jun 1, 2023 9:18 AM
Jan 2021
It's a matter of feeling. I, too, really loved it.

It appealed to me a lot. And I honestly have no qualms with the ending.
Jun 1, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
Well, it maybe has everything, but it has it without making any sense.

I have never seen such stupid "plotwist" in any other show.
C'mon, they killed a character and, with no reason at all, they resurrected him and made him a bad guy. Guilty Crown has, probably, the worst plot I have never seen in an anime.

Animation and soundtrack were fine, though.
Jun 1, 2023 10:48 AM
Nov 2022
13oFIVE said:

Don’t worry buddy. I went out off my way to give it a 8 back when i finished it.
Jun 1, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 2021
I remember being very dissapointed by almost every aspect of this show, and I also genuinely have no idea how it ended. I straight up dont remember the last couple of episodes, the furthest I remember is when they were hiding from the government in a destroyed building or something
Jun 1, 2023 5:07 PM
Jan 2021
Ending almost ruined the whole show
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jun 1, 2023 5:49 PM
Apr 2020
Second half of the show was underwhelming
Jun 2, 2023 4:05 AM
Oct 2020
13oFIVE said:

it was good but only till first half
Jun 2, 2023 7:07 AM

Sep 2019
ptero93 said:
I remember being very dissapointed by almost every aspect of this show, and I also genuinely have no idea how it ended. I straight up dont remember the last couple of episodes, the furthest I remember is when they were hiding from the government in a destroyed building or something

lmao same the only bit i remember about the show was when the whole city became crystal and shit and the long hair guy became evil/god and somewhere near the end a building blew up or something
Jun 2, 2023 10:20 AM
Apr 2021
13oFIVE said:

I loved the anime. Sometimes it's people just hating on what they can't understand. The creator made the second part of the anime like that for a reason most people couldn't understand. It reminds me of the hate the last episode of Neon Genesis got.
Jun 2, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2015
I went into Guilty Crown wanting to enjoy it but around the midpoint of the series I really couldn't. In the end I just felt like it was all a shit show. The plot was so bad and I despised the protagonist because he had no personality and just started acting out of character. The music was 100% the best thing about the series and was kinda what made me watch it in the first place. In the end the music was the only redeeming quality of the series imo.
Jun 2, 2023 4:20 PM

Jan 2017
the second half felt kind of cheap with the random ass story developments which barely made much sense, also the character development wasn't executed that nicer either, the mc would throw a tantrum every other episode which threw me off, I get that he was a highschooler with a huge responsibility, but I think it could have been handled differently. The romance between the 2 of them just happend without much story behind it, that was a pretty big let down considering how the end was supposed to be a tear jerker. I gave it a 7 cause it was somewhat enjoyable, although looking back maybe I should have went with a 6. The anime wasn't bad and the art was pretty good, just that it didn't feel special at all and the story didn't have much impact.
recommend good romances 
Jun 3, 2023 2:38 PM
Nov 2019
13oFIVE said:

The whole show is bad plot is all over the place in cohesive boring and just a criminally overrated show all around would not watch again
Jun 3, 2023 3:56 PM
Dec 2022
tbh it's a good anime in my book and the beginning is more common amongst some anime, but unlike a few I watch there's been some serious story development leading to a pretty mean ending. however my friends, like Akame ga kill the plot isn't meant to be a happy one and we've all seen our fair share of these endings. but the studio let the story play the finishing role in the final episode. now I'm not saying Im overjoyed or satisfied with guilty crown's ending but the plot adds up the romance the role that I believe she was at the sister and caused the whole virus because she he MC rejected her feelings it just makes the result valid no one that I know of is happy about the ending of guilty crown, lord knows the fan base was for sure not but the ending has been decided. it's not the greatest last episode of the anime but it makes sense in the direction it stopped in. I'd like to see what argument you have for my claim, I get that it's lengthy but it's my argument and thought about the result between the two that own the spotlight in the anime. thank you
Jun 4, 2023 9:27 PM
Mar 2021
13oFIVE said:

Some people didn’t like how much it was based on Code Geass, Some people didn’t like the ending, but I mean Guilty Crown’s problems go beyond just that. In defense of Guilty Crown it does have it’s production going for it with amazing insert songs, to overall high animation quality, I suppose that makes it better than something that is truly bottom of the barrel.

However in EVERY other way Guilty Crown fails. I mean what is this on about it’s characters I mean Shu is 75%-Off Shinji. And people don’t even really like Shinji to begin with. I suppose I wouldn’t mind Shu as much if he was at least coherent If I’m not mistaken there is a moment where he learns “I have to do things my own way I’m not Gai” which is like genuine character progression just for in the next episode Shu says something like “What would Gai do?” It just makes all credibility you could give to his character seem unjust. Inori doesn’t do anything that makes her relatable to Likable, I mean she literally Gaslights Shu at the beginning multiple times. Not to mention the whole like Mana plot thats The Rei Ayanami plotpoint but even more distasteful. Ayase, Arisa, Souta all just get pretty wasted with their arcs not amounting to much. Hare does the Kallen and Lelouch scene in r2 where he almost takes drugs, and waters it down just for Hare to die and flip Shu’s character 180. Unlike Yahiro who in comparison barely even cares when his brother dies? Gai I liked how he paralleled with Shu’s struggle with Masculinity? I think? However Gai’s arc is ruined when they brought him back from the dead as a clone but kinda not cause like why not? So many plot elements are not properly explained like the first 5 episodes you have no idea what is even going on, or a feel for what the story is about so everything that happens is just kinda random. Inori’s Voice just well… Cures Cancer? Like come on a lot of these plot elements are just straight up ridiculous. Yuu genuinely comes out of nowhere and fights Shu because..? Idk to be honest. And Daryl’s character introduction is him beating the crap out of a normal lady just for at the end for him to kill his dad and then be saved cause he was apparently a good kid at heart? I don’t think so XD.

Obviously I’m not doing an expansive breakdown on why each plot element was wrong in this comment but like all of these plot elements we can agree are some level of Hypocritical, Contrived, Absurd or downright offensive in some way or another.
Jun 9, 2023 2:07 PM
Jan 2021
AkinorX said:
ptero93 said:

lmao same the only bit i remember about the show was when the whole city became crystal and shit and the long hair guy became evil/god and somewhere near the end a building blew up or something

that does sound familiar lol
Sep 5, 2023 6:01 AM
Sep 2023
Cause the plot was messy, and people just really hate that kind of endings that's all I can say

But man it was very memorable to me, I would still give it 10 despite the messy plot and criticism
Dec 28, 2023 10:11 PM
Feb 2021
The second half of the anime was kinda dumb that's why i don't like this anime.
11PEACEDec 28, 2023 10:36 PM

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.