Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2023 10:43 PM
Feb 2023
@DaCraziGuy Yeah i have to agree with you. Seems people just blindly hated the show that has a big fandom to just make people pissed off, but again that was their opinion tho. Well personally, the worst anime i've ever watched was skelter heaven. That shit was so laughably bad
May 31, 2023 10:52 PM

Aug 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
@TRC_Randy I mean, I can only think a couple of series that came outt recently that could even hope to match Mushoku Tensei's animation.
nah it isn't even better looking than Hyouka, Wit's AoT, JoJo's parts 3 and 4, the first seasons of OPM and MiA etc which all came out BEFORE it let alone today's.

Like, compare MT to the likes of Mob Psycho 100, Lotgh DNT, Akudama Drive, Summertime Render and the currently airing Heavenly Delusion. It looks NOWHERE near as good as those.

Well it looks as good as Assassination Classroom and Gundam IBO at least. I'll give it that.
May 31, 2023 10:57 PM

Nov 2020
Steins Gate and Hunter x Hunter has to be the worst
May 31, 2023 11:07 PM

Jul 2015
Highschool of the Dead, easily.
There is not a single good or redeeming thing about this abomination.

May 31, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 2023
Citrus 💀🤝
It’s so bad I can’t believe there’s people fangirling over it on tiktok… dropped it on ep 4 
Jun 1, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2018
Worst anime I've watched so far are Gokujo and Shobitch.
Jun 1, 2023 3:59 AM

Jul 2021
evenly matched kanojo okarishimasu and toradora. Also mushoku tensei.

Apolygon2 said:
@Phosphophyllita even if you hate every single thing about mushoku tensei, the 10/10 production value alone should keep it from being the worst.
I disagree. To me an outstanding production wasted on such an awful show only makes it worse.
RentNoGirlfriendJun 1, 2023 4:05 AM
Jun 1, 2023 4:08 AM
Aug 2021
Any fate series Idk why it's so popular I find it so incredibly boring.
We’re all dead just in different stages
Past and Future
Jun 1, 2023 4:09 AM
Aug 2021
@Aramtheanimeman those are my two faves haha
We’re all dead just in different stages
Past and Future
Jun 1, 2023 4:30 AM
May 2022
Those Science freaks by a country mile.

I was watching it like "surely it can't get any worse, right?" It somehow managed to get worse
Jun 1, 2023 4:43 AM

Jun 2014
Konosuba and Occultic Nine personally
Jun 1, 2023 5:08 AM

Apr 2022
either sonny boy, the misfit of demon king academy or SAO: gun gale online.
Jun 1, 2023 6:33 AM

Jun 2019
Well, my least favorite series of everything that I've watched have probably been the following:

- Rosario to Vampire
- Terra Formars
- Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
- Those Snow White Notes
- Sakamichi no Apollon
- Satsuriku no Tenshi
- Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
- Babylon

If I was going to just choose one individual season of a series which I don't feel as negatively about or like as a whole (because I prefer the other season/seasons to the one named), then it would probably have to be Spice & Wolf II (Spice & Wolf season two). Man, I still cannot stomach what they decided to do with and where they took that season whenever I think back to it.

I think that out of the series I named, Rosario to Vampire and Terra Formars are pretty easily the worst. The others, in trying to be more objective, I would consider of better quality for various reasons mostly relating to the writing in some areas, but the things which rub me the wrong way about them really do so in an egregious fashion. If singling out one and one alone, I'll select Rosario to Vampire (which has a 4/10 from me), as even though I rate Terra Formars even lower (at a 2/10, and one of only two of my 2/10 rated series; I have nothing lower) just because some aspects of the writing and overall way it's constructed and put together is so sloppy, atrocious, and just disappointing to what it could otherwise be, it still has more redeeming features to me from an enjoyability standpoint as the intriguing nature of the premise in and of itself makes it more interesting to begin with.

And I still have a soft spot for Sci-Fi horror, dystopian Earth with rampant unstoppable fatal viruses, accidents aboard spaceships/deep in space/on other planets, giant especially mutated or anthropomorphic insects in a B-movie style, etc. It's "bad" relative to everything else I've seen, to anime as a whole, and to what it could otherwise potentially be in a more ideal world, but still more "fun". Rosario just feels like the same pretty dumb dull gags and limited variations on the same episode, scene, and conversations done over and over.

Film-wise, I feel like I still haven't seen enough anime films to have a decided least favorite or make that determination, and I may never do so. Everything I've seen in that department has been at least passable or "decent".

WatchTillTandavaJun 1, 2023 6:36 AM
Jun 1, 2023 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
For my 0/10

Ousama Game, Masou Gakuen HxH (at least the main girl is hot) and Seven Mortal sins (3/7 girls there are hot too)

For the worst 1/10 series

Death March and Girlish Number

Jun 1, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
Jun 1, 2023 7:36 AM
Mar 2021
@todoxbami  LoL that's funny but it is okay if you like them
Jun 1, 2023 7:52 AM

Jul 2022
RahXephon, I really hated it and by far the worst anime I've ever watched.
Jun 1, 2023 9:31 AM

Mar 2021
Pheonixeee said:
what's the worst anime have you all ever watched?

Let me talk about An Anime that is not only trash but just bottom of the barrel garbage that was mostly just a mistake to ever be made in the 1st place. It's called "Master of Martial Hearts".

While "Master of Martial Hearts" might not be the worst Anime ever, it certainly was one of the worst Animes I have ever seen that I genuinely thought at the time that I might have at least found entertaining to watch and even might have enjoyed. There is nothing remotely original or unique about this Anime other than it completely managed to suck and likely extremely disappointing to even the most hardcore of Ecchi Action Anime fans.

"Master of Martial Hearts" is an Ecchi Action Martial Arts style original OVA that took the same approach to panty fanservice as "Agent AIKa" and "Najica Blitz Tactics" while also taking the concept of the clothing battle damage done in "Ikkitousen". The problem is that this alone is not enough to carry a 5 episode OVA.

The story of "Master of Martial Hearts" was not that interesting to begin with and the characters are just as forgettable. Don't even get me started on how it concluded because the ending was beyond atrocious too.

"Master of Martial Hearts" made the same mistake the "AIka" franchise made when trying to reboot the series in the late 2000s with prequals to the original 90s OVA with "AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission" and "AIKa Zero". Where one would think most of the budget seemed to be spent on the details of the characters panties instead of producing even a semi-decent enough story to keep viewers whos main interest in Anime isn't just specifically wanting to see animated panties or even graphic nudity of the characters breasts. This is probably why "Master of Martial Hearts" has pretty much been forgotten.

You might ask, do I regret ever even spending the money to buy this 5 episode OVA on DVD back in 2010? Not really.

I tend to collect Anime on official physical copies as part of my hobby when it comes to this medium. "Master of Martial Hearts" simply serves as an example of many that I own of what a truly horrible train wreck some Anime can be like. Just like one wouldn't really know the difference between eating a truly good meal to a bad meal unless there was something else to compare it with.
Jun 1, 2023 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
a series so bad, it literally begged to be rescued by the title name.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jun 1, 2023 9:39 AM

Jan 2021
@TRC_Randy It's definitely far better looking than JoJo, and I liked JoJo, but the animation of none of the parts look better than Mushoku Tensei, not even close. I don't know if you missed the part where I said recently, because 2 of those you mentioned are from 10 years ago, and in fact with Kyoto Animation shows of course they look better because they were made by KyoAni, it's like mentioning shows from Production IG, those are the only studios recently that come out with the highest quality animation basically every single time. Made in Abyss is in fact one of the ones I can think that very much definitely do look better, so I agree with you on that.

I'm already comparing it to those and it looks better than them, why do you think I'm not taking them into account?
Jun 1, 2023 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
I always hate these threads because people end up just saying some popular anime they don't like instead of actual bad anime.

But for me, it was Cat Planet Cuties. I enjoy catgirls and ecchi, but even that anime was difficult for me to get through. Felt like I was losing brain cells.
Jun 1, 2023 10:09 AM

Mar 2021
Blackfire2340 said:
I always hate these threads because people end up just saying some popular anime they don't like instead of actual bad anime.

This is actually why these types of threads are created because it gives an opening for User to simply trash on anything they just don't like. An overwhelming majority of even the most active fans on this platform probably have never actually organically spent the time to truly finish watching a genuine garbage train wreck when it comes to this medium. They would likely just drop it before it's concluded. Most of the titles being thrown out on this thread aren't even that remotely bad in my opinion. But each to their own.
ColourWheelJun 1, 2023 11:02 AM
Jun 1, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2015
It so hate the Pokemon series past Season 8. And the themes are so bad!
Jun 1, 2023 11:03 AM

May 2021
At the moment of the top of my head probably Rent a Girlfriend. Worst romance anime I've seen.

“𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯’𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘴 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩”. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩” 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦.” – 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘦
ʏᴀsᴜʜᴀ - ғʟʏᴅᴀʏ ᴄʜɪɴᴀᴛᴏᴡɴ

Jun 1, 2023 11:48 AM

Nov 2017
Red Colored Bridge

I enjoy watching some experimental shows, even ones that have intense strobing that could potentially be life-threatening to some, due to the unique sensations the visuals can give you. But this was just strobing without any of the sensations, like strobing over a boring flash cartoon.
Physically painful and awfully boring.
Jun 1, 2023 11:52 AM

Oct 2019
TRC_Randy said:
nah it isn't even better looking than Hyouka, Wit's AoT, JoJo's parts 3 and 4, the first seasons of OPM and MiA etc which all came out BEFORE it let alone today's.

Like, compare MT to the likes of Mob Psycho 100, Lotgh DNT, Akudama Drive, Summertime Render and the currently airing Heavenly Delusion. It looks NOWHERE near as good as those.

Well it looks as good as Assassination Classroom and Gundam IBO at least. I'll give it that.

that's a massive cap

you have either forgotten how good mushoku tensei looks, or you're trolling.

keep in mind I like half of these a lot more than mushoku tensei, but absolutely not. 

assassination classroom is miles behind mushoku tensei in visuals. they aren't even close.

akudama drive is closer, but it certainly does not look as good as it. and again, that show is in my top 10. the lighting and style really carry the visuals in that show. but it's still a level or two off. and again, if anything I should be biased againt mushoku tensei here. I FUCKING LOVE AKUDAMA DRIVE.

mob psycho is arguably better, because it has WAY better animation. but also by art style choice alone the backgrounds aren't nearly as good looking, and animation it is certainly easier due to the simpler style. but I except this one being better. mob s2, was one of the show I had in mind when saying "very few shows surpass it"

I'm surprised you mentioned heavenly delusions of all thing, because that one is actually extremely close to mushoku tensei in a lot of ways. it also has extremely detailed character acting, looks great in every episode, has brilliant directing and even better background art.

if you take an average scene from both of them, the quality is pretty much the same.

I genuinely don't get why you think aot looks better, even the wit part. aot was never known for it's character acting. what made the visuals stand out was the action, but mushoku tensei's sakuga if not better, is not worse looking than aot's. and the character acting of MT is dimensions above attack on titan.

first season of opm is fair. I can see that one being better.

but the first season of abyss is just no. if we included music, then yeah, but visually, not at all. the backgrounds are even more breath taking, but the animation is not even close.

what is weird is that you say:
TRC_Randy said:
It looks NOWHERE near as good as those.
which just makes me think you either didn't pay attention or don't remember it.

we're talking about a show that has backgrounds that look like these:

It's character acting looks like this:

and it's action or magic sakuga looks like this:

I mean come on man, just look at this bread: 

this isn't even an important scene. it's just bread and they went this hard.
APolygons2Jun 1, 2023 4:41 PM
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
 NGE and Bokurano are the worst anime I have watch

Jun 1, 2023 4:45 PM

Oct 2019
bruh reading through these I am convinced most people don't know what "bad" means.

I saw evangelion, steins;gate, and sonny boy here...

listen. I understand not liking series that are popular.

but if you genuinely believe these are the worst you have seen, you either haven't seen many anime, or you are an actual clown.

nothing in the top 100 mal is even close to being bad, let alone the worst of all time.

even demon slayer which is my least favourite anime in the top 100 is still at least a 5 or 6/10.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 1, 2023 4:59 PM

Jan 2017
Not including those 'so bad they're good' anime (Chargeman Ken, Twinkle Nora Rock Me, etc.) which are actually fun to watch, I'd go with Death Note. I've never understood the popularity of that one. 
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Jun 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Jun 2019
Either Redo of Healer or Inukai-san's Dog for sure.
Jun 1, 2023 7:02 PM

Jan 2023
Super Crooks and Girls' Frontline off the top of my head.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jun 1, 2023 11:14 PM
Jul 2021
Domestic Na Kanojo.
Story is too messed up and got boring later on.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 1, 2023 11:21 PM

Dec 2007
I always go back to Ninja Resurrection. Only anime I've given a 1 to.
Jun 2, 2023 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
ColourWheel said:
This is actually why these types of threads are created because it gives an opening for User to simply trash on anything they just don't like. An overwhelming majority of even the most active fans on this platform probably have never actually organically spent the time to truly finish watching a genuine garbage train wreck when it comes to this medium. They would likely just drop it before it's concluded. Most of the titles being thrown out on this thread aren't even that remotely bad in my opinion. But each to their own
Facts. Objectively speaking there are worst shows then alot of the popular one's that get trashed on. However, there are a lot of factors that can effect viewing experience, and hence the opinions they have of the show in the end. 

Like I for one think the worst anime I've seen so far is Another. Is it a bad show? Probably not. But there were alot of things that I didn't like about it so that's why I have a low score on it. Though a lot of people like the show. It just wasn't for me.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jun 2, 2023 8:50 AM

Sep 2016
- Sakamoto desu ga?
- Oneechan ga Kita
- One Room
- Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-Bitch na Ken
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Jun 2, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
-Apr- said:
- One Room
God yeah, I was thinking about DanMachi, but One Room was something else. The PoV, cringe girls reactions, image of women, everything is fucked up in this sh*t.
Jun 2, 2023 9:21 AM

Aug 2017
Ousama ranking. I have never watched the writing of a show degrade so incredibly hard before, even tpn s2 wasn't as bad
Jun 2, 2023 10:05 AM
May 2023
com certeza foi bruxinha academia ,é um anime muito sem graça e infantil
Jun 2, 2023 6:53 PM

Oct 2022
Ugh definitely "Peach Girl" its full of annoying characters with no back bone.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jun 2, 2023 6:56 PM

Oct 2022
Apolygon2 said:
TRC_Randy said:

that's a massive cap

you have either forgotten how good mushoku tensei looks, or you're trolling.

keep in mind I like half of these a lot more than mushoku tensei, but absolutely not. 

assassination classroom is miles behind mushoku tensei in visuals. they aren't even close.

akudama drive is closer, but it certainly does not look as good as it. and again, that show is in my top 10. the lighting and style really carry the visuals in that show. but it's still a level or two off. and again, if anything I should be biased againt mushoku tensei here. I FUCKING LOVE AKUDAMA DRIVE.

mob psycho is arguably better, because it has WAY better animation. but also by art style choice alone the backgrounds aren't nearly as good looking, and animation it is certainly easier due to the simpler style. but I except this one being better. mob s2, was one of the show I had in mind when saying "very few shows surpass it"

I'm surprised you mentioned heavenly delusions of all thing, because that one is actually extremely close to mushoku tensei in a lot of ways. it also has extremely detailed character acting, looks great in every episode, has brilliant directing and even better background art.

if you take an average scene from both of them, the quality is pretty much the same.

I genuinely don't get why you think aot looks better, even the wit part. aot was never known for it's character acting. what made the visuals stand out was the action, but mushoku tensei's sakuga if not better, is not worse looking than aot's. and the character acting of MT is dimensions above attack on titan.

first season of opm is fair. I can see that one being better.

but the first season of abyss is just no. if we included music, then yeah, but visually, not at all. the backgrounds are even more breath taking, but the animation is not even close.

what is weird is that you say:
TRC_Randy said:
It looks NOWHERE near as good as those.
which just makes me think you either didn't pay attention or don't remember it.

we're talking about a show that has backgrounds that look like these:

It's character acting looks like this:

and it's action or magic sakuga looks like this:

I mean come on man, just look at this bread: 

this isn't even an important scene. it's just bread and they went this hard.
Ooo yes i agree, Godless reincarnation is very good...if that's what you were saying.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jun 2, 2023 7:08 PM

Nov 2019
Very hot take but mine is Cowboy Bebop. I don't know why people like it so much.

Jun 2, 2023 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
I think the latter seasons of Seven Deadly Sins were really bad.
Jun 3, 2023 1:56 AM
Jun 2021

Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.

I knew I could hate a particular anime that much before these two.
Jun 3, 2023 7:11 AM

Mar 2021
jieanteater said:
ColourWheel said:
This is actually why these types of threads are created because it gives an opening for User to simply trash on anything they just don't like. An overwhelming majority of even the most active fans on this platform probably have never actually organically spent the time to truly finish watching a genuine garbage train wreck when it comes to this medium. They would likely just drop it before it's concluded. Most of the titles being thrown out on this thread aren't even that remotely bad in my opinion. But each to their own
Facts. Objectively speaking there are worst shows then alot of the popular one's that get trashed on. However, there are a lot of factors that can effect viewing experience, and hence the opinions they have of the show in the end. 

Like I for one think the worst anime I've seen so far is Another. Is it a bad show? Probably not. But there were alot of things that I didn't like about it so that's why I have a low score on it. Though a lot of people like the show. It just wasn't for me.

Here is the thing I don't even pay attention to scores on MAL. If I did I would have never watched over 70% of the Anime I have ever consumed. A score an Anime gets really has nothing to do with how I would view an anime as being an actual mistake or the worst I have ever seen. With out dropping names I have given some very popular Anime a very low score simply because I genuinely didn't like them and it's a Users prerogative to score how they wish. Do I think Anime I given low scores are just objectively that bad? No, but I score titles based on my own enjoyment and experience of them and tend to not even bother scoring Anime that I have never finished or even acknowledge I have ever watched in the 1st place.

The point is I have given out lower scores to Anime that I didn't enjoy than scores to Anime that I thought were just objectively bad mistakes to have ever been made. An arbitrary MAL score has nothing to do with how I would view something being as the worst.
ColourWheelJun 3, 2023 7:21 AM
Jun 3, 2023 12:44 PM
Mar 2022
Bokura Ga Ita 

I didn't like any of the characters in this series they were all awful. The art was uh... unique. The soundtrack was uh... ehh. The relationship was toxic. I can't put it into words how I feel about this series other than saying I was a bit disappointed in this series.
Jun 3, 2023 1:10 PM

Jun 2022
Not really the worst, but the lowest for me is Jigokuraku and Human Bug Daigaku.
for the former, It's not for me. for the latter, The animation and the voice acting is Amateur.
Jun 3, 2023 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
FLCL. Don't like this kind of style in animes.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Jun 19, 2023 7:03 AM

Jun 2022
Actually fuck it

Utsu Musume Sayuri, and Mars of Destruction.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

86 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 9 hours ago

39 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

38 by Zalis »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 7 hours ago

25 by Otakupervert890 »»
8 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7159 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.