Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2023 5:08 AM
Jun 2021
Look, here by no means I'm saying series is bad , we all know how good first episode was, like series became highest rated after that, but after that im somewhat disappointed.
May be after 1st episode i set bar too high, cause i think whole series gonna be like that😅. cause 1st episode was so much exciting and enough to make u watch it further. But after that show became really slow paced, like after that im not even hype for next episode, like after 1st episode i was waiting for next episode but after watching it i was like "that's all?". Like the vibe and hype episode 1 had , other don't have. Like it's totally became show which shows idol and actors life so its feels like finding out who is his dad, is second motive, main theme is totally different.so im little disappoint, because after 1st episode it feels like, it's story about finding his dad while doing everything he can for that, but now it's like how to become actor while eventually finding his dad.i feel like author trick us in watching series by that 1st episode 😂.
Well if u think what this person even saying? Ok just think this way, i didn't knew that there something called oshi no ko exited,i got to know after watching first ep, so many of u already knowing manga didn't feel like me cause u know what gonna happen & all, but after watching ep, i thought this whole series gonna be like that, like exciting & all. But it turned out diff.
(Sorry for my poor English and for any grammatical mistake)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2023 7:06 AM

May 2018
bro just missed the whole point of him becoming an actor and known in the entertainment industry.
May 31, 2023 8:12 AM

Apr 2017
I feel the same way as you. Ep 1 just feels different from the rest of the show, and I'm personally not a fan of that. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt though, as the show is still in the process of introducing the side characters, so maybe things will change.

I will say that Aqua is all bark and no bite right now. Also, the plot point of him being a doctor in his past life hasn't really found its purpose yet.
May 31, 2023 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
I recommend you watching a shounen battle or Battle Royale show instead. For HYPE fights, backstories and deaths every episode. 
May 31, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2018
Sorry to disappoint you with a bit of reality, but not every episode is necessarily as exciting as the ones before or after it. In the context of this show, Episode 1 was a prologue, and had to cram introductions and development for at least five different characters with significant screen time into it. Now that we're in the typical show format post-episode 1, development is going to be slower and more methodical so the audience can keep up with the story; this is called pacing.

Try watching something like Kill La Kill if you need relatively continuous action.
May 31, 2023 8:54 AM

Jan 2018
Hard no. If anything, episodes 6 and 7 made me fall in love with the show again.

But on its own, episode 1 does deserve the high rating. But I'm not sure if I'd give the same rating to the rest of the series. The arc with Akane Kurokawa comes close though.
May 31, 2023 9:04 AM

Aug 2021
ya your slightly correct, the first ep was super good. It does have have a decent story tho and as a person who has read the manga there are definitely more moments like the first ep to be animated so dont lose your hope completely!
May 31, 2023 9:38 AM

Jun 2020
I don't even get what was so good about the first episode either, it was fine and the subsequent episodes have been around the same quality. What was so amazing about ep 1? 
This anime shit is addictive
May 31, 2023 9:38 AM
Feb 2020
Yes and no. I was intrigued by the reincarnation part and how it will be integrated in the story, so on that aspect I'm disappointed after the first ep. However, the anime is good overall, just not something I would normally watch since I don't care about the whole idol/showbusiness stuff at all.
May 31, 2023 9:39 AM
Apr 2021
No. I know the manga and everything is ok
May 31, 2023 9:52 AM

Jan 2021
No, I'm not dissapointed. You can't be dissapointed if you don't have much faith, and it has been keeping in that line of quality. Sure, not as good as episode 1, but Ai is probably the best character Aka Akasaka wrote and she is already dead, so I'm not surprised at all if you think the quality got worse.
May 31, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2023
Nope

Character limit
May 31, 2023 10:07 AM

Jun 2020
@Ionliosite2 Are you saying Ai is the best character he's written based on future content or based on whatever we have in the anime already?
May 31, 2023 10:08 AM

Jan 2021
@spectrojan Based on all the series I have seen he has written.
May 31, 2023 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
@Ionliosite2 I mean do you know more about Ai than shown in the anime? Like stuff that's only in the manga as of now
May 31, 2023 10:19 AM

Sep 2020
WTF is up with this site LMAO. Must be a bug or something. Nah we are not the same. I thought the first episode was pretty bad and hard to get through, watched two more episodes and I dipped. 

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 31, 2023 10:20 AM
Aug 2015
0451 said:
Hard no. If anything, episodes 6 and 7 made me fall in love with the show again.

But on its own, episode 1 does deserve the high rating. But I'm not sure if I'd give the same rating to the rest of the series. The arc with Akane Kurokawa comes close though.

Real if anything with every episode that comes out I get more excited for the next one. The fact that this weeks episode was delayed killed me this morning
May 31, 2023 10:21 AM
Aug 2015
Cartier117 said:
I feel the same way as you. Ep 1 just feels different from the rest of the show, and I'm personally not a fan of that. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt though, as the show is still in the process of introducing the side characters, so maybe things will change.

I will say that Aqua is all bark and no bite right now. Also, the plot point of him being a doctor in his past life hasn't really found its purpose yet.

Well for one if it wasn’t for the reincarnation plot point there wouldn’t be a plot. He would have been far too young to really remember his moms death or figure out a way to find who’s responsible
May 31, 2023 10:22 AM

Sep 2020
@Ionliosite2 oh hell no. Ai is definitely not the best character that Aka has written. We can at least give him some credit here. That title probably goes to a character from Kaguya, definitely not an Oshi no Ko character IMO. My biggest problem with Aka's works is most of them start out pretty good and then they fall off drastically. Luckily, I didn't have to read hundreds of chapters to see Oshi no Ko fall off... in my eyes ofc. 

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Sep 2020
@soulresinVEVO How are you able to quote?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Jan 2021
@samsince04 Most characters in Oshi no Ko are better than the ones in Kaguya-sama, I know Ishigami is good and Miyuki is hanging in there, but the others? Literal jokes.

@spectrojan No, I do not, I haven't read the Oshi no Ko manga.
May 31, 2023 11:09 AM
Feb 2023
@spectrojan I read the manga, Ai is most definitely the best written character of whole series until now. Close second would be Akane. Aqua isn’t going to change from who he is now. Ruby gets a development but it’s not even that good. Kana is 3rd best character but not by much. So technically, yeah the other characters aren’t as good.
May 31, 2023 11:18 AM

Jun 2020
@Confused_100 I mean I haven't seen anything yet that would make me think of Ai as well-written but okay
May 31, 2023 11:20 AM
Feb 2023
Yeah not one episode reached the height of episode 1. However episode 6 almost did. Episode 5 was good. Rest of episodes, I will 100% agree because they were lacklustre.

Does the series deserve the pedestal it is on? Well recency bias is a thing. So no. Its fans will ofcourse try to justify it but it’s biased ofcourse. So just enjoy the series for what it is.
May 31, 2023 11:20 AM

Feb 2022
First few episodes I rated the show a 9 and after episode 6 it was added to my short list of 10's. Not gonna argue taste or expectations, I'm totally fine with people not liking story focused shows because they prefer action, but that also means they can't really rate it with relative objective scale considerations (for example rating a "top" movie low or average cause you don't like the style/genre)
May 31, 2023 11:50 AM
Dec 2018
I think you generally lack patience, and need a constant twist or shock factor. For me it's like if I know something gets good eventually, I'll even watch a series of average episodes. If something has given indication that it has potential to be good, I'll wait for it to be good. Not everything has be outstanding, some episodes can give you sweet memories, some bittersweet, or just a good laugh. Some episodes will be meaningless right now, but might have some little information that might be vital in the future. I'll give the example of Clannad here. Is first season as good as After Story? No. But, is After Story complete without 1st season? Hell no.

Not everyday is special in life. But without the ordinary days, those special days won't have significance. IIIf everyday is special, the special would be the new ordinary, and you'll have find a new special. It works for everything in life, be it work, love, anything. How long can you keep creating a master piece that can top your previous one? Can an athlete break his / her previous record everyday? Can even a Shonen Protagonist break the power of his limits in each episode? Even if he does, eventually breaking the limits would become ordinary and you'll want something new, unexpected. Each ordinary day in life might not have much significance on its own, but if you add them up, it gives you the power to break previous records, or limit. So enjoy the ordinary as it might build up to be something extraordinary.
salarxMay 31, 2023 11:54 AM
May 31, 2023 12:23 PM

Jun 2020
I thought ep 1 wasn't great either so the show has been consistently 6/10 imo
May 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Jul 2020
tbh I almost dropped this show during episode 1, but now I'm glad I didn't. ep1 was full of idol performances and the damn babies were so annoying, but since the ep.2 the show has actually become interesting. the only good thing about ep1 was the last few minutes
May 31, 2023 4:32 PM
Sep 2020
@spectrojan IMO I think all the characters are really good. Personally I think Ai is the least developed just by virtue of only being at the beginning of the story. I would say it goes Akane > Aqua > Kana > Ruby > Ai. 
May 31, 2023 4:44 PM
Jun 2013

Cartier117 said:
Ep 1 just feels different from the rest of the show

Also, the plot point of him being a doctor in his past life hasn't really found its purpose yet.

That's called "prologue", being different from the rest of the story is the whole point.

Also, are you for real with saying him being a doctor hasn't purpose yet? being a doctor it's LITERALLY the reason why he ended up knowing Ai and becoming a fan, was able help with her secret pregnancy, creating a connection which lead to reincarnate as her son. Seriously dude, at least pay attention to what you're watching before making such a weird criticism lol
May 31, 2023 4:48 PM

Oct 2021
Episode 1 does nothing different compared to the rest, it's just the gory shock factor at the end used as a hook that makes it stand out.

Honestly episode 1 was beat by episode 6 and possibly 7 in my opinion,

Episode 1 and all others focus on the entertainment industry through the eyes of Aqua. Everything is structured the same, after each episode there still is a hook for the next. I'm confused what exactly people were expecting after 90% of the 1st episode was just about the entertainment industry and the last 10% was shocking twists that set up the rest of the story. I'm honestly astounded that this anime was done so well, I never expected it to be this good personally so it broke all of my expectations, and I hope it continues to deliver.
PriinceYukiMay 31, 2023 4:52 PM

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

May 31, 2023 4:52 PM

Apr 2017
@Shinuki_n_Reborn Relax pal take a breath, all I'm saying is that it'd be nice to see his "doctor skills" in play while he chases after the father. I don't think it's a weird criticism all at considering a good portion of episode 1 was about his adult profession. I did in fact watch the pregnancy bit, and it definitely was important on solidifying their bond. However, there hasn't been a connection to the doctor role since then, and I feel that's a missed opportunity. Episode 1 set up that unique premise nicely, and I'd like to see more of that.
Cartier117May 31, 2023 5:27 PM
May 31, 2023 6:01 PM

May 2018
@spectrojan brother you liked tokyo revengers. So not knowing what makes oshi no ko good is not that surprising.
May 31, 2023 6:31 PM

Jul 2015
Not to sound like an ass, but Ai something of a litmus test for me. Namely, do you appreciate creative risk, how much do you pay attention to characterization, and do you need things spoonfed to you? Like, if you don't get it, sorry man, you failed the test. And I'm saying this as a guy that thinks killing her was Aka's biggest mistake, so no, I'm not adding more weight to her simply because she died, although it was incredibly heartbreaking.
May 31, 2023 7:10 PM

Jan 2021
@MrElias He said it was a 6/10 for him, which even in this site is called "good", a 6 is a positive rating.
May 31, 2023 7:12 PM

Jan 2021
@spectrojan

spectrojan said:
I mean I haven't seen anything yet that would make me think of Ai as well-written but okay

That's weird, didn't you watch the first episode?
May 31, 2023 7:26 PM

May 2018
Ionliosite2 said:
@MrElias He said it was a 6/10 for him, which even in this site is called "good", a 6 is a positive rating.

Sure a 6 is considered good on MAL, but i still disagree with his rating when he likes something as bad as Tokyo Revengers.
May 31, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2021
While I definitely agree Episodes 2 and 3 felt a little weak when compared to the spectacle of Episode 1, everything from episode 4 onwards has definitely lived up to my expectations!
Jun 1, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2021
wish they would separate the first episode from the rest of the season on MAL because the first episode to me was a straight 10/10 (came in blind, had no idea what was going to happen), the rest of the series is still good but I'd say about a 8/10 currently
Jun 1, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 2022
The first episode got too much hype it was impossible to uphold that it’s still a good show tho
Jun 1, 2023 4:03 AM
Feb 2023
@timeforward “story focused” hmm… really? Go watch Vinland Saga and say that again. Oshi no ko isnot story driven at all. It’s character driven.
Jun 1, 2023 4:04 AM
Jun 2021
The first episode will remain unmatchable

However that doesn't change the fact that episodes after that have been really good too
Jun 1, 2023 4:07 AM

Dec 2019
Only last like 20 mins of ep 1 was super good tbh the rest of ep was good but doesn't compare to last 20 mins
Jun 1, 2023 4:08 AM
Feb 2023
@shash_sama18 that’s not a fact but your opinion. The fact is episodes 2-5 weren’t that good.
Jun 1, 2023 4:09 AM
Dec 2020
Chits_99 said:
Look, here by no means I'm saying series is bad , we all know how good first episode was, like series became highest rated after that, but after that im somewhat disappointed.
May be after 1st episode i set bar too high, cause i think whole series gonna be like that😅. cause 1st episode was so much exciting and enough to make u watch it further. But after that show became really slow paced, like after that im not even hype for next episode, like after 1st episode i was waiting for next episode but after watching it i was like "that's all?". Like the vibe and hype episode 1 had , other don't have. Like it's totally became show which shows idol and actors life so its feels like finding out who is his dad, is second motive, main theme is totally different.so im little disappoint, because after 1st episode it feels like, it's story about finding his dad while doing everything he can for that, but now it's like how to become actor while eventually finding his dad.i feel like author trick us in watching series by that 1st episode 😂.
Well if u think what this person even saying? Ok just think this way, i didn't knew that there something called oshi no ko exited,i got to know after watching first ep, so many of u already knowing manga didn't feel like me cause u know what gonna happen & all, but after watching ep, i thought this whole series gonna be like that, like exciting & all. But it turned out diff.
(Sorry for my poor English and for any grammatical mistake)

I don't think you understood the premise of the show, it's not that searching for his father has become his second priority rather he became an actor so that he could find who his father is by DNA tests. Without being an actor I doubt you'll be able to pull off meeting with other actors/directors/producers, etc.
Jun 1, 2023 4:16 AM

Apr 2022
nah, good way to filter out the plebes though.
Nov 2021
What did you expect? That in every episode someone dies?
Nov 2021
I didn't even like the first episode.... but as a whole it's a good show imo
Jun 1, 2023 4:25 AM
Jun 2021
@MortalAuritras well i get that point but it all feels like author wanted show this industry, so he came up with this scenario, so he just made that stage to do this in interesting way. Because we all can see in current episode it's all about actors and idols life , ik still he doing all of this to find his father but it feels like if he just wanted to make manga only about finding killer then it would be so much different but this was plan all along, so it is just not feeling exciting and hype as much as ep1(atleast for me)
Jun 1, 2023 4:34 AM
Sep 2020
The fact that people miss the point of this show really shocked me a bit. Like bro the anime genre is showbiz. look at the genre bro
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Episode 1 is like a movie

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

13 by SebasL21 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2672 by Fabelisator »»
Apr 20, 2:41 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

802 by iikpp4 »»
Apr 19, 11:25 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by iikpp4 »»
Apr 19, 11:10 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

259 by welcome2atlantis »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.