Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2023 7:01 PM

May 2023
Can anybody give me recommendations for pixel art games? I have played some and I love the genre.
An example of one I played is Olympia Rising, but it was too hard for me.
I have seen people play many pixel games on Youtube. I wonder which ones I should play.
AstachannaMay 31, 2023 7:47 PM
May 30, 2023 3:14 AM

Jun 2016
Tower of heaven is a cool little puzzle platformer with awesome music. It's also free. And only 8 megabytes in size. It's kinda short though.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 30, 2023 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
try the popular ones like
terraria
stardew valley
celeste
dead cells
vampire survivors
loop hero
May 30, 2023 7:41 AM

May 2023
Theo1899 said:
Tower of heaven is a cool little puzzle platformer with awesome music. It's also free. And only 8 megabytes in size. It's kinda short though.

I was thinking more advanced then that. It's not bad, but I would like more colors and detailed graphics. FPS games included.
May 30, 2023 8:05 AM
Apr 2023
Pixel art games have gained immense popularity for their charming aesthetics and nostalgic appeal. If you're a fan of the genre, there are plenty of pixel art games that offer engaging gameplay and captivating visuals. Here are a few recommendations to consider:
Stardew Valley: A relaxing farming simulation game with pixel art graphics. It offers a delightful blend of farming, socializing, and exploring a charming world.
Celeste: A challenging platformer with stunning pixel art visuals. It follows the journey of a young girl named Madeline as she climbs a treacherous mountain.
Hollow Knight: An atmospheric action-adventure game set in a vast, insect-filled underground kingdom. Its beautiful pixel art style brings the mysterious world to life.
Undertale: A unique role-playing game with quirky characters and a captivating story. It combines clever writing, memorable music, and pixel art visuals to create a truly special experience.
Shovel Knight: A retro-style platformer inspired by classic NES games. It offers tight controls, memorable boss battles, and a nostalgic feel.
Remember, everyone's preferences vary, so it's a good idea to check out gameplay videos or read reviews to find pixel art games that align with your interests and skill level. Happy gaming!
May 30, 2023 8:54 AM

May 2023
I do not really want the popular stuff, especially not phone games.
Some games I look forward to are Sea of Stars and Tactics Returners.
I have seen a lot of pixel FPS games, but I havn't been able to find them again.
There are a lot of pixel games, and I tend not to remember them.
AstachannaMay 31, 2023 7:48 PM
May 30, 2023 9:25 AM

Jun 2016
Astachanna said:
FPS games included.

There is Return of the Obra Dinn which has a pretty cool style.
Not sure if Doom WADs count as "pixel games" but I'm gonna drop them here because there a lot of good ones out there and they are pretty pixelated.
Do you consider Diablo 1 and 2 to be pixel games? If yes there is Halls of Torment on early access on Steam which plays very similar to the more popular Vampire Survivor.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 30, 2023 9:36 AM

May 2023
Theo1899 said:
Astachanna said:
FPS games included.

There is Return of the Obra Dinn which has a pretty cool style. I don't consider that a pixel game.
Not sure if Doom WADs count as "pixel games" but I'm gonna drop them here because there a lot of good ones out there and they are pretty pixelated. I know that already.
Do you consider Diablo 1 and 2 to be pixel games? If yes there is Halls of Torment on early access on Steam which plays very similar to the more popular Vampire Survivor.
No, they even look like 3D models to me.
I don't consider those pixel games. I'm thinking of new games made after the year 2000 that use 2D graphics.
An example of pixel game would be Va-11.
I have a perfect example of pixel art on my forum signature.
May 30, 2023 4:30 PM

May 2013
I just 100% Bat Boy and I enjoyed it. It has some challenge but isn't really that hard. The game doesn't demand too much from you if you engage with the upgrade system. I like games that do this, where teh difficulty lies solely in how much you engage with its upgrades.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 30, 2023 5:58 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Astachanna said:
I don't consider those pixel games. I'm thinking of new games made after the year 2000 that use 2D graphics.

Yume Nikki is my first pick. There are plenty of RPG maker games that can fit that descriptions, like Mad Father and Ib, and many other ones that I still have yet to play, like Off, and The Witch's House. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then you will be eating well for a while.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 31, 2023 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
Hiya! here's a few different types that might catch your interest:

- Blasphemous 
- Enter the Gungeon
- Rhythm Doctor
- CrossCode
- Taiji
- Neon Abyss
- Sonic Mania
- Project Warlock
- Red Strings Club

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 31, 2023 6:15 AM

Dec 2016
On the popular side

-Celeste
-Undertale
-Stardew Valley

A little less popular

-Pony Island
-I hate this game
-Stikir
-Indecision.
-Red strings club
- many other RPG maker games like Mad Father, etc.
May 31, 2023 6:28 AM
May 2023
Here are some recommendations:

• Celeste - A challenging platformer with beautiful pixel art graphics and an amazing soundtrack.
  • Stardew Valley - A relaxing farming simulation game with charming characters and lovely pixel art visuals.
  • Shovel Knight - An action-packed adventure game that pays homage to classic NES games with its pixel art style.
  • Hollow Knight - An atmospheric metroidvania game with intricate world-building and stunning hand-drawn animations.
  • Hyper Light Drifter - A visually stunning action RPG that features fast-paced combat and a hauntingly beautiful world to explore.

May 31, 2023 7:36 PM

May 2023
AstachannaMay 31, 2023 7:45 PM
Jun 1, 2023 9:50 AM

Apr 2023
I personally reccomend, undertale and omori if you're looking for something on the indie game side of things.

There's also live a live and octopath traveler too that i think is really good too.

Jun 8, 2023 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
you want pixel graphics FPS eh try this underrated one https://store.steampowered.com/app/1766010/Force_Reboot/
Jun 8, 2023 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
+1 on Stardew Valley
I play them with mods for aesthetics, which makes the game more enjoyable.
If you're willing, I recommend you to get the Stardew Valley Expanded mod because it adds so much to the game.

- Kynseed: it's like Stardew but in a fantasy setting
- Core Keeper: a sandbox survival simulator game

I'm looking forward to Sea of Stars and Witchbrook to be released. Their visuals look amazing!

- - - - -

「 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 」
ғ ᴏ ʀ ᴜ ᴍ s ᴇ ᴛ ʙ ʏ ᴋ ᴏ ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ɪ
- - - - -
Jun 8, 2023 4:17 AM

Jan 2009
Oct 24, 2023 2:01 PM

Jul 2022
needs Android pixel games please>>>>
> Hi! I'm Levi from Brazil

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
10 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.