Forum Settings
Forums

I got threated in the PMs and got no answer for a week from support

New
May 29, 2023 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
10 days ago I got this message from some random. Didn't hear from the support since. I wish people like these are going to be banned from the website/

May 29, 2023 4:07 AM

Dec 2015
Afaik there is a system with ban that elevates ... with first a warning. For this the warning would be skipped though. (Don't know if they officially - if they follow the system strictly - can also skip directly to higher level bans in cases like this. This example here seems extreme.)

I rarely reported stuff in the post. Usually forum posts - where they got deleted and I receveived a PM. Could be that they don't always sent an answer on a report - cause of lots of work and lots of reports. And for a ban you might not always see it. (Profiles afaik don't show if someone is banned.)

My suggestion is to block the user. Report them. I guess you already did that.
Then ignore it and assume they got banned and the staff just does not always send PM in that case.
May 29, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
for now set "private messages" to "only my friends can message me" here https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php but the moderators and staff can message you still though
May 29, 2023 6:50 PM

May 2023
jTiKey said:
10 days ago I got this message from some random. Didn't hear from the support since. I wish people like these are going to be banned from the website/

Like the picture says, you can block the user. If you reported this and uploaded proof on the forums, a moderator will probably catch them.
Did this happen because of an argument on the forums?
May 30, 2023 12:57 AM

Apr 2009
deg said:
for now set "private messages" to "only my friends can message me" here https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php but the moderators and staff can message you still though
thanks, didn't know this existed.
Astachanna said:
Did this happen because of an argument on the forums?
no, first time seeing this person.

More topics from this board

» Backup

Vapor_AU - 2 hours ago

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3368 by L2Dragon »»
4 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

125 by traed »»
5 hours ago

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.