Forum Settings
Forums

'Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan' Reveals Additional Cast, Opening Theme, First Promo

New
May 28, 2023 6:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen (Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War) television anime revealed on Sunday four additional cast, opening theme, key visual (pictured), and a promotional video for the second cour. Ketsubetsu-tan is scheduled to premiere on July 8 at 11:00 p.m. on TV Tokyo.

Cast
Liltotto: Aoi Yuuki (One Punch Man)
Gerald: Tsuyoshi Koyama (Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho)
Nianzol: Souichirou Hoshi (Persona 5 the Animation)
Giselle: Nao Touyama (Gleipnir)

Rock band w.o.d. is performing the opening theme "STARS," which is previewed in the promotional video below.

Tomohisa Taguchi (Akudama Drive) is directing the anime at animation studio Pierrot and also handling the series composition with Masaki Hiramatsu (Toriko script). Masashi Kudou (Bleach) and Shirou Sagisu (SSSS.Gridman) are returning as the character designer and music composer, respectively.

The action adventure manga debuted in Weekly Shounen Jump in August 2001. After a 15-year serialization, Kubo ended the series in August 2016. Shueisha published the 74th and final volume in November of that year.

VIZ Media acquired the series' master license in March 2006 and serialized the manga in English in its print edition of Shounen Jump magazine between November 2007 and March 2012. The manga concurrently moved to the Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha digital anthology in January 2012. The company published the 74th and final volume in October 2018.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeMay 28, 2023 6:26 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 28, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2020
Looking good just as the first cour did. As it'll be kind of nonstop fights from the start, we all hope they be as good as it was last time.

Opening is in the background too.
May 28, 2023 7:04 AM

Jul 2021
Eyo Shinji is going to use his bankai?!?!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 28, 2023 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
Shinji never showed his bankai on the manga

i hope the anime adaptation shows all the missing bankai from the manga that will be cool
May 28, 2023 7:49 AM
Apr 2020
Nao voicing Sternritter Z, Giselle, this ain’t funny. Aoi voicing Sternritter G, Lillotto, no difference. It’s just like how Ayana voicing Bambi and that to go with Ueshama voicing Sternritter P, Meninas, picking female cast for Sternritter is just so “random”. I can’t remember Nianzol, I will assume Gerald is Gerard Valkyrie.
May 28, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Looking good just as the first cour did. As it'll be kind of nonstop fights from the start, we all hope they be as good as it was last time.

I don't know if you've read the manga so I don't want to spoil anything, but it's true that this cour would consist mostly by fights nonstop, which is something that I didn't enjoyed while reading the manga tbh, everything felt really shallow. However, I suppose one of Taguchi's mission is to add more substance to the anime, and I'm optimistic he'll succeed on that.
From the PV alone, we can already see elements from Can't Feel Your Own World (canon novel, very important to the lore), for example plot points related to the Soul King.
May 28, 2023 9:25 AM

May 2020
neffst3r said:
Softhenic03 said:

I don't know if you've read the manga so I don't want to spoil anything, but it's true that this cour would consist mostly by fights nonstop, which is something that I didn't enjoyed while reading the manga tbh, everything felt really shallow. However, I suppose one of Taguchi's mission is to add more substance to the anime, and I'm optimistic he'll succeed on that.
From the PV alone, we can already see elements from Can't Feel Your Own World (canon novel, very important to the lore), for example plot points related to the Soul King.
I've read, so you wouldn't spoil me. As for the inclusion of extra content, I do want and think they'll. Guess there was a news too where author or someone has himself stated that they'd write a completely original scene for this cour which wasn't in the manga. So we're clear on that front, as for the fights I just meant they'd retain the fine animation we had in the first cour.
May 28, 2023 5:31 PM

Jun 2014
This and JJK are about to carry Summer. Can't wait to see Shinji's Bankai!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 28, 2023 5:38 PM

Mar 2021
I just saw the PV.
I was curious about what Hirako said about 卍解.

I haven't seen the previous season, but since it has my favorite voice actor and the guy who does the music, I'm in the mood to watch it this time.

May 29, 2023 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
28012001 said:
Nao voicing Sternritter Z, Giselle, this ain’t funny. Aoi voicing Sternritter G, Lillotto, no difference. It’s just like how Ayana voicing Bambi and that to go with Ueshama voicing Sternritter P, Meninas, picking female cast for Sternritter is just so “random”. I can’t remember Nianzol, I will assume Gerald is Gerard Valkyrie.
Lol, what's random about picking a voice actor for a character?
May 29, 2023 2:57 AM

Aug 2019
Nao Touyama joining the cast has me keen

Going to be drawing some interesting comparisons airing with Jujutsu Kaisen

May 29, 2023 3:20 AM
Apr 2020
Illyricus said:
28012001 said:

Like ONE PIECE, it used to be those people from the last generation, such as Kugumiya, Mizuki, until Wano where they hired Shimono and Kurosawa. Similar thing happened with Bleach, it hasn’t happened before.
May 29, 2023 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
28012001 said:
Illyricus said:

Like ONE PIECE, it used to be those people from the last generation, such as Kugumiya, Mizuki, until Wano where they hired Shimono and Kurosawa. Similar thing happened with Bleach, it hasn’t happened before.
It's inevitable, the Bleach sequel came 10 years after the original ended and the seiyuus that stand out today are different than those that did in 2012. The casting of voice actors who got famous in the 2010s is understandable, and they still casted some veterans for the TYBW arc such as Koichi Yamadera, Hideyuki Tanaka or Takaya Hashi, I don't see nothing weird.
May 30, 2023 6:37 PM
Oct 2020
28012001 said:

Naobou and aoi will reunion with ichigo's mom in oregairu
In other case, we will see reunion of petit milady between giselle and bambietta va
Imagine rieri join this casts, and meet ueshama later
May 30, 2023 6:41 PM
Oct 2020
28012001 said:
Illyricus said:

Wait, you mean tomoyo kurosawa ?

If yes, this is first time that seiyu around 20s join one piece anime, because mostly seiyuu who're join this anime for first time (1st eps for their character) are above 30s, such as miyukichi, kamiyan, kugimiya, sugita, etc
So, this will be rare for one piece jpn dub
May 30, 2023 6:44 PM
Oct 2020
Illyricus said:
28012001 said:

It's inevitable, the Bleach sequel came 10 years after the original ended and the seiyuus that stand out today are different than those that did in 2012. The casting of voice actors who got famous in the 2010s is understandable, and they still casted some veterans for the TYBW arc such as Koichi Yamadera, Hideyuki Tanaka or Takaya Hashi, I don't see nothing weird.

The name of seiyuu that you said such as yamadera, hashi and hideyuki are suitable to voiced one piece, since mostly va for one piece are above 40s or 50s, even 70-80s
May 31, 2023 12:25 AM
Apr 2020
reny1966nanin said:
28012001 said:

Wait, you mean tomoyo kurosawa ?

If yes, this is first time that seiyu around 20s join one piece anime, because mostly seiyuu who're join this anime for first time (1st eps for their character) are above 30s, such as miyukichi, kamiyan, kugimiya, sugita, etc
So, this will be rare for one piece jpn dub

Yep, I know TK very close, I was surprised to see somebody like her there, she voiced Ulti of the Toppi Roppo from the Beast Pirates. Because most Seiyuu voiced HST anime tends to be at their peak (mid 30s) to elderly age (70+).
Jun 8, 2023 12:17 AM

Oct 2017
Good cast addition.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
34 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.