Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2023 1:41 PM

Sep 2021
canute doing what needs to be done 

while thorfinn thinks no matter what violence is violence 

different perspectives different results
May 25, 2023 2:09 PM

May 2020
Seeing Canute was a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. I was so curious to see how he was doing and it also fits in perfectly to show us how swiftly a potential epidemic could be controlled in Europe, even then.
Also the absence of the Lnu makes me fear they either have also come to know the plague, or Hild has already taken action. I hope none of the main cast (Palmuk and Nisqauji'j) has the pest. Unfortunately I know they are the most likely to get infected as they spend the most time with the norse but that would hurt far too much.
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
May 25, 2023 2:38 PM
Sep 2020
Considering Canute's comment about Throfinn, the epidemic could affect vinland very soon.
May 25, 2023 5:34 PM

Jan 2018
FINALLY we get Canute my second favourite character behind Askeladd. It's been far too long. People will disagree, but I agree with Canute's ideals a million times more than Thorfinn's. Thors had it figured out though not completely, but Thorfinn at this point in the story is a true slave to peace, willing to drag others down with him for the sake of it. Not a fan.

Interested to see where it goes from here, I can see a short epidemic arc happening but after that it could be one final arc to the end.
May 25, 2023 7:20 PM
Apr 2022
Both my favorite manga Berserk and Vinalnd Saga releasing new chapters on the same day I can't ask for more !!!
May 25, 2023 11:50 PM

Sep 2020
Hopefully Canute plays a major role in this final arc.
May 26, 2023 2:33 AM
Oct 2021
damn.. if that ship with the infected arrived 20 days ago this is gonna be rough.. Since they showed the rats last chapter its definitely a type of plague transmitted by fleas.. Its hard to see but Im glad Canute is taking action and not leaving it to god to deal with it, with the little resources and knowledge they have about diseases he's doing the best thing he possibly can, burn it all to the ground
May 26, 2023 3:38 AM
Mar 2021
Thorf said:
FINALLY we get Canute my second favourite character behind Askeladd. It's been far too long. People will disagree, but I agree with Canute's ideals a million times more than Thorfinn's. Thors had it figured out though not completely, but Thorfinn at this point in the story is a true slave to peace, willing to drag others down with him for the sake of it. Not a fan.

Interested to see where it goes from here, I can see a short epidemic arc happening but after that it could be one final arc to the end.

U think Canute is a better character then thorfinn???
May 26, 2023 3:58 AM

Jan 2018
24846 said:
Thorf said:

I didn't until this arc, like I stated there I think his character's gone downhill massively. I'm not one of those people who screams "pacifism is bad", but this isn't how you handle pacifism in your story well.
May 26, 2023 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
Thorf said:
24846 said:

I didn't until this arc, like I stated there I think his character's gone downhill massively. I'm not one of those people who screams "pacifism is bad", but this isn't how you handle pacifism in your story well.

I kinda agee. I certainly wouldn’t say it’s gone downhill, but unlike in the farmland arc or in the other previous arcs, his character dveelopment has somewhat stagnated, or at least isn’t as prominent as it used to be. This arc seems to be very much biulding up to something though, so im still happy. Im guessing we will see thorfinn being shown the consequences of his no violence rule. Im thinkin we might get a thors death parallel too.
May 26, 2023 7:14 AM
Dec 2021
nice. canute is great.
May 26, 2023 10:01 AM

Sep 2014
Did that ship really come from Vinland? It's a bit hard to believe they managed to cross the Atlantic and go back to Europe this fast while carrying a deadly decease.

Canute took the killing the few to save the many approach to prevent the decease from spreading. Meanwhile, Thorfinn is still sticking to his own ideals rejecting that violence can be ever righteous no matter what. On the other hand, he hasn't come up with an alternative realistic option at this point to defend his stance.

Now the other guy who came from that village will explain what happened there. How did all those arrows come from without killing anyone?
May 26, 2023 11:09 AM
Oct 2020
im glad canute is coming back in the main story he is the goat
May 26, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2021
really like the way its going but i just have a great feeling something bad is gonna happen soon
May 26, 2023 1:10 PM

Nov 2020
"peu importe la méthode, la raison, peu importe de vouloir empêcher une guerre avant qu'elle n'éclate, je n'accepte pas l'idée d'une "violence légitime" "

MY GOAT

May 26, 2023 3:28 PM

Aug 2021
pretty solid chapter. big upgrade from the 3 page chapter we got before this. interested to see what the markland survivor has to say as well as how thorfinn and the others are going to approach hild's actions
May 27, 2023 12:43 AM

May 2020
Liked how the chapter was referencing few of the events from the farm arc, the last time when we saw Canute playing a major role in the series. Though for now he has his hands full with the epidemic, and being the king he is, it must've felt cruel killing your own people. But to save many, sacrificing a few is the way he deems it necessary.

For Thorfinn and Vinalnd, they need to come up with a way to deal with the plague, as it is coming there a lot sooner rather than later.
May 27, 2023 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
canutes solution to the pandemic is sacrifice a few to save many the trolley problem

but what will thorfinn do about the pandemic
May 27, 2023 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I think I might know what happened in Markland then. I just hope disease is not to spread to Arnheid Village
May 28, 2023 2:44 AM

Apr 2021
Thorf said:

Can you tell me what Thors find out about peace ??

May 28, 2023 2:50 AM

Apr 2021
24846 said:
Thorf said:

I kinda agee. I certainly wouldn’t say it’s gone downhill, but unlike in the farmland arc or in the other previous arcs, his character dveelopment has somewhat stagnated, or at least isn’t as prominent as it used to be. This arc seems to be very much biulding up to something though, so im still happy. Im guessing we will see thorfinn being shown the consequences of his no violence rule. Im thinkin we might get a thors death parallel too.

I'm also thinking what Mangaka show us about true peace is and also the true process.

May 28, 2023 2:53 AM

Apr 2021
MonkeyDHunter said:
Did that ship really come from Vinland? It's a bit hard to believe they managed to cross the Atlantic and go back to Europe this fast while carrying a deadly decease.

Canute took the killing the few to save the many approach to prevent the decease from spreading. Meanwhile, Thorfinn is still sticking to his own ideals rejecting that violence can be ever righteous no matter what. On the other hand, he hasn't come up with an alternative realistic option at this point to defend his stance.

Now the other guy who came from that village will explain what happened there. How did all those arrows come from without killing anyone?

Excited to see what going to happen :)

May 28, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2021
TheMicrowave said:
really like the way its going but i just have a great feeling something bad is gonna happen soon

That's for sure something gonna happen

May 28, 2023 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
i asked google bard how vikings manage pandemics and here

i guess they know quarantine or social distancing already in the past
May 28, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2021
deg said:
i asked google bard how vikings manage pandemics and here

i guess they know quarantine or social distancing already in the past

wow thank you for this

May 30, 2023 12:16 AM
Jun 2020
Man Thorfinn is delusional. His stance might be the doom of the people in vinland
May 30, 2023 2:26 PM
Jun 2016
I so hope the colony fails like in our timeline so Thorfinn will regret his pathological pacifism.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2023 9:23 PM
Nov 2020
Peak fiction, This chapter was phenomial, I cant wait to see how Thorfinn Deals with Hild and the violence. I hope he can build a place Arhneid would be happy to live in. <3
Jun 30, 2023 2:30 PM
Oct 2021
i hacve no enemies dadada

Jul 7, 2023 6:36 AM
Jun 2021
They brought the guy from Markland, if he too has the plague then the people of Vinland can get it too
Jul 22, 2023 12:30 AM
Jul 2023
This seems to be leading to a major plot point.
Excited to see which direction the author takes it.
Jan 16, 9:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Canute acted without mercy!
kekeke

More topics from this board

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Today, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

» vinland saga 210 release date?

CRG - Apr 2

1 by deg »»
Apr 2, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.